只和你共处一室不过半个钟头
was with you in that room for half an hour…
就被你迷住了
and came out besotted.
我不知道你到底说了什么或做了什么
I don’t know what you said or did.
什么都没有 姐姐
Nothing, sister.
除了赞美你和谈论我的丈夫
Except sing your praises and talk about my husband.
是吗 那你有空给我再露一手
Really? Well, you must show me how you did that some time.
-这是玛丽·凯里 殿下 -谁
– Mary Carey, Your Majesty. – Who?
您的新侍女和她的姐姐安
Your new lady-in-waiting and her sister Anne.
是吗 我都不知道会来新的侍女
Really? I wasn’t aware I was expecting one.
由国王陛下亲自指派的
Appointed by His Majesty the King.
我丈夫派来的 真的吗
By my husband? Really?
那么
Well…
她肯定给我的礼物或是惊喜了
then she must be some kind of gift or surprise.
他一定是看中了她有什么能取悦我的才能
He must have seen in her some talent he knew would please me.
告诉我
Tell me.
你有什么特别的才能
What special talent is it that you have…
除了那显而易见的年轻与美貌
apart from your obvious youth and beauty?
我…
I…
-会作诗吗 -不会
– Poetry, perhaps? – No.
-会制衣吗 -也不会
– Or dressmaking? – No.
-那一定是歌♥声动人了 -也不是 殿下
– Singing then, surely? – No, Your Majesty.
你太谦虚了 为我们唱一曲
Come, you’re too modest. Sing for us.
-求您别让我唱 -唱
– Really, I beg you. – Sing.
真好听
Bravo.
夜莺般的歌♥喉
A nightingale.
欢迎进宫
Welcome at court.
玛丽 等一下
Mary? Stop.
刚才你肯定很难堪吧
That can’t have been easy for you.
但你设身处地为王后想想
But put yourself in the Queen’s shoes.
她明知道
She knows the only reason…
国王选你入宫的唯一原因是看上了你
the King has asked you here is because he desires you.
她是个好人 相信我
She’s a good woman, trust me.
我叫简·帕克
Jane Parker.
尴尬死了
It’s embarrassing.
你看 她正看着你呢
Look, she has her eye on you.
温柔体贴的简·帕克会是取悦父亲的好人选
Sweet Jane Parker would be a match to please our father.
那个坏姑娘
Oh, vile girl.
她是宫廷里野心最大的小毒蛇
She’s the most ambitious little serpent at court.
她目不转睛地盯着你
She can’t stop watching.
近来可好 斯塔福德
How about you, Stafford?
我很好 多谢关心
I’m well, thank you.
我不确定自己是否适合宫廷生活
I’m not sure I’m one for court life.
我有点想家了
I’m a little homesick.
我也是
Well, you and I both.
在我看来 它会改变一个人
Now, in my view it… it changes people.
可未必是往好的方向
And not necessarily for the better.
但你的姐姐真是貌美如花
Your sister, though, is thriving.
亨利·珀西的心已经被她牢牢抓住
She’s truly caught the eye of Henry Percy.
她为什么要这么做 他已经订婚了
Why does she do this? He’s already taken.
今晚
Tonight.
我的妹妹 我的宝贝妹妹
My little sister. My little golden sister.
甜美可人的妹妹
My milk-and-honey sister.
这一切本该是你的
It should be you in my place.
你就别担心我了
Don’t concern yourself with me.
我自有办法
I’ll make my own way.
要我陪你过去吗
Shall I walk with you?
不用了
No need.
试着取悦他 如果你做得到的话
Try to please him. If you can.
陛下
Your Grace.
进来
Come in.
要喝点什么吗
Can I bring you something?
不用了
No.
喝点什么能让你放松舒服一些
Anything to ease your comfort or well-being?
或许您可以让仆人帮我拿些水
Perhaps you might ask your servants to bring me some water.

Please.
给你 这里没有仆人
There. There are no servants.
原来是这样
So this is it?
英国国王睡觉的地方
Where the King of England sleeps.
也是读书写信的地方
And reads and writes.
为自己找些独处时光的地方
Finds a few moments each day for himself.
可您却请我过来了
And yet you invite me here?
因为我喜欢你 信任你
Because I like you and trust you.
您几乎都不认识我
You hardly know me.
我每天都会听到无数谎言
I’m lied to a hundred times a day.
虚伪的请求 游说
Petitioned, lobbied.
让我学会了辨别人脸
One learns how to decipher a face.
你的脸就像太阳一样真诚
And yours is as the sun.
让人无法注目凝视
One shouldn’t gaze too long.
我的夸奖让你不自在了
My flattery, it makes you uncomfortable.
因为在你家族中赞美通常属于他人吧
Because compliments in your family are usually for someone else.
你的姐姐
The elder sister.
我理解这种心情
That’s something I understand.
作为家中次子的心情
What it is to be the second child.
永远活在阴影之中
Forever in the shadows.
我又让你不自在了
I’m making you uncomfortable again.
-早上好 -斯塔福德
– Morning. – Stafford.
早上好
Morning.
我受命带你去见你父亲
I have orders to bring you to your father.
最好别让他久等
Better not keep him waiting.
结果如何
Well?
他占有你了吗
Did he have you?
是的
Yes.
不止一次吗
More than once?
你最好习惯谈论这些事
You better get used to talking about it.
当你与国王同床共寝 这些就不再是隐私了
When you sleep with the King, it ceases to be a private matter.
是的 不止一次
Yes, more than once.
他满意吗
And was he satisfied?
-我觉得是的 -他这么说了吗
– I believe so. – Did he say so?
他没必要说出来 舅舅
He did not need to, uncle.
你可以走了
Well, you may go.
很好
Good.
现在我们可以开始行动了
Now our work begins.
迷住他一时可以
It’s one thing to catch a King,
要想留住他的心可就是另一回事了
quite another to keep him.
她必须得博学 通晓乐理 精于陪伴
She must be well-read, know her music, excel in company…
还必须洁身自好
and she must be clean.
-安会帮她的 -帮什么
– Anne will see to it. – See to what?
玛丽已经具备这些条件了
Mary is already all of these things.
多亏了我对她的教育
Thanks to the education I have given her.
结果呢 她被当作家畜一样交易
And for what? That she may be traded like cattle…
就为了男人们的欢心和地位
for the advancement and amusement of men?
姐姐 你也请离开吧
Sister, you may leave us also.
阿♥拉♥贡的凯瑟琳
Katherine of Aragon
绝对无法给亨利·都铎生下儿子
will never give Henry Tudor a son.
但如果玛丽能给他生个孩子
But if Mary could give him a child,
而那个孩子又是男孩的话
and that child could be a boy…
如果我给你丈夫一项任务
If I gave your husband an assignment
将他支出宫廷的话
that took him away from court…
你会反对吗
would you object?
我不会冒昧插手政事
I would not presume to interfere in affairs of state.
-阿门 -阿门
– Amen. – Amen.
“我的心和我的人都被你征服”
“My heart and I surrender themselves into your hands.”
是安
It’s Anne.
她嫁给了亨利·珀西
She’s married Henry Percy.
秘密地结婚圆房♥了
Wedded and bedded without telling anyone.
你看起来并不高兴
You… You don’t look pleased.
为什么我要高兴
Why would I be pleased?
因为她就要成为诺森伯兰郡公爵夫人了
Well, it will make her the future Duchess of Northumberland.
-我们的姐姐 -乔治 他们不会允许的
– Our sister. – George, they’ll never allow it.
他已经与玛丽·塔尔伯特有了婚约
He’s already precontracted to Mary Talbot.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
前一篇文章鸟人
下一篇文章盒子怪
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!