I’d make peanut butter, I guess.
我猜那是花生酱
We know that he’s planning to go to the Ramada Inn on Lexington.
我们只知道他计划去列克星敦的罗玛达酒店
Has he told you why he’s in New York?
他告诉过你为什么他要来纽约吗
No.
不知道
Has he told you where he lives?
他告诉过你他住那里吗
No. We just met at the airport.
没有 我们只是在机场遇见而已
All I know is that he’s a building contractor, living out of a suitcase.
我只知道他是个建筑承包商 整日带着个手提箱奔波
That’s it.
这就是了
He’s a contractor? Yeah.
他是个承包商 是的
That’s what he said?
是他这么和你说得
Amelia. I’m just curious.
阿米莉亚 我只是很好奇
You are the kind of woman who can get any guy she wants.
你是那种什么样的男人都可以得到的女人
Why Viktor Navorski?
为什么选维克多·纳沃斯基
That’s something a guy like you could never understand.
你这种人是永远理解不了的
I guess you missed your flight again. Or maybe you have a bad travel agent.
我猜你又错过你的航班了 或者你选的旅行社太差
Please. Sit.
请坐
It’s OK, Viktor. All men lie.
没事 维克多 所有的男人都会撒谎
At least you’re not very good at it. I did not lie.
只是你不擅长撒谎 我没有撒谎
You told me you were delayed. You never said it was for nine months.
你告诉我你被耽搁在机场了 但你从来没告诉我有9个月
Maybe you see the man the way you want see the man.
或许你看男人总是一厢情愿
So what am I seeing? Who are you?
那我看见的是什么 你到底是谁
I… Unacceptable?
我 不被接受
Yes. Yes.
是的 是的
You want to hear the funny part?
你想听听最有趣的部分吗
I broke up with him.
我和他分手了
I was coming here to tell you he’s out of my life.
我来这里告诉你 他已经和我的生活无关了
I’m free. I got tired of waiting.
我自由了 我已经厌倦了等待
At least we have that in common.
至少这点我们相同
Amelia, you know what Napoleon give to…
阿米莉亚 你知道拿破仑征服巴伐利亚后
Josephine when he win Bavaria
给了约瑟芬什么礼物吗
No.
不知道
I show you.
我带你去看
Please. Please.
请 请
Sit. Please.
请坐
That was gift. Napoleon to Josephine.
那就是拿破仑送给约瑟芬的礼物
One thousand fountains.
一千座喷泉
You built this for me?
你为我造了这个
Please. Sit. Don’t get wet.
请坐下 不要被弄湿了
Come on.
给点面子
It no work.
没反应了
It should shoot, big water up to ceiling.
应该有水一直喷到天花板才对
Just tell me the truth. Did you escape from an institution?
告诉我真相吧 你是从精神病院逃出来的
Are you a criminal?
你是个罪犯吗
You’re living here, Viktor.
你住在这里 维克多
You’re living at Gate 67. I just want to know why.
你住在67号门 我只想知道为什么
Here. I show you.
这里 我给你看
My father.
我的父亲
Viktor, please tell me your father isn’t in that peanut can.
维克多 不要告诉我你父亲在那个罐子里
This is jazz.
里面是爵士
My father, Dimitar Asenov Navorski,
我的父亲 迪麦特·阿森洛夫·纳沃斯基
see this photograph in Hungarian newspaper 1958.
1958年在这张匈牙利报纸上看到了一副照片
He say he look at photograph for seven days.
他说他整整看了这张照片有7天
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday…
周一 周二 周三
Who are they?
他们都是谁
Count Basie, Dizzy Gillespie, Thelonious Monk, Sonny Rollins,
贝西伯爵 迪齐·吉勒斯比 瑟隆尼斯·孟克 桑尼·罗林斯
Art Blakey, Max Kaminsky.
亚特·布雷基 马克斯·凯米斯基
57 of them all together.
一共有57个人
After looking at photograph for seven days, my father has idea.
在整整看了相片7天之后 我的父亲有了个主意
He begin to write letters to club, Lickety Split, Snookie’s Sugar Bowl.
他开始给那些俱乐部写信
He ask the nuns to write English. Hundreds letters.
他央求修女为他用英文写了几百封信
And then he wait.
然后他就等着
He wait month, week, year.
他就这么一星期 一月 一年的等下去
My father wait 40 year.
我的父亲等了整整40年
And they all sign names.
他们全都签上了名字
One by one.
一个接一个
They all write their name and send it to my father.
他们都签下自己的名字 并寄给我父亲
All but not one.
只有一个人除外
Benny Golson.
班尼·高尔森
Saxophone.
萨克斯
My father die before Benny Golson write his name and send to my father.
还没有得到班尼·高尔森的签名 我父亲就去世了
So I make him promise. I keep promise.
所以我给了他一个承诺 我会遵守我的承诺
I promise I will go New York, find Benny Golson,
我承诺他我会去纽约 找到班尼·高尔森
have him write name to put in can.
得到他的签名并放进这个罐头里
And you’ve been living here so you could do this for your father?
你住在这里就是为了完成你父亲的遗愿
Maybe I think he do it for me.
我现在想他这么做也是在帮我的忙
You say you are waiting for something.
你说你总是在等待着什么
And I say to you, “Yes, yes. We all wait”.
我对你说 是的 我们都在等待
What are you waiting for?
那你在等什么呢
You. I wait for you.
你 我一直在等你
What?
怎么了
The war is over.
战争已经结束了
the right wing military coup that ousted President Vagobagin…
绑架了总统的右翼武装
All right, everybody. Let’s raise your glasses.
好的 各位 让我们举杯
Let’s have a toast to my friend, Viktor “The Goat”.
让我们为我的朋友 维克多”山羊”干杯
May he never lose his country again.
希望他不会再一次失去他的国家
Krakozhia!
卡科日亚
Amelia! You here early!
阿米莉亚 你来得真早
Hello. Amelia, look.
你好 阿米莉亚 看
Peace, peace in the war. The war, peace. Come.
和平 战争已经结束 和平来了
See, the war, the war Krakozhia is over.
看 战争 卡科日亚的 战争已经结束了
Peace. The war is over.
和平 战争结束了
You know my friend in Washington. Yes, yes.
你知道我在华盛顿有些朋友 是的 是的
He has a lot of connections. Here.
他有不少关系 看这里
It’s a pass, Viktor.
这是一张通行证 维克多
A one day travel emergency visa with your name on it.
紧急情况旅行签证 上面有你的名字
Wha… Visa? Yes.
什么 签证 是的
From your friend? Yeah.
你朋友给的 是的
Just go to New York, find that last name and put it in the can.
去纽约找到那个人 把他的名字放进罐子里
I go New York? Yes.
我去纽约 是的
I go New York!
我要去纽约了
Amelia, you come with. You come with me to New York.
阿米莉亚 你和我 你和我一起去纽约
Your friend do this for me? Why he do this for me?
你的朋友为我搞了这个 为什么他要帮我
He did it for me.
他是帮我
I told you to stay away from me, Viktor. But you didn’t understand.
我告诉过你不要接近我 维克多 但是 你还是不明白
I think you were confused. No, I confused about everything.
我知道你会有点糊涂 不 什么事情我都够糊涂的
I not confused… Not this. Not this.
但是这件事 我是十分清楚的
I’m sorry. I’m running late.
我很抱歉 我要迟到了
Amelia. Why you go? Why you go?
阿米莉亚 为什么你要走 为什么你要走
You know what Napoleon gave Josephine as a wedding present?
你知道当拿破仑和约瑟芬结婚的时候 他给了她什么礼物
It was a gold locket.
一个金子做的小盒子
And on the inside, he made an inscription.
在盒子里面 他刻了一个字
“Destiny”.
“命运”
Destiny.
命运
rejoice in the streets as well as in their local taverns.
在大街和酒馆里到处都是庆祝的
The Krakozhian flag waved goodbye from high atop the parliament buildings.
卡克日亚的国旗已经从国会大厦换掉
It is a clear sign of the power…
现在清楚的表明
Hey, baby. Hi.
宝贝 嗨
I missed you.
我很想你
Come on.
来吧
Next.
下一个
Viktor.
维克多
Hello, Delores. How I am today?
你好 德洛丽丝 今天我运气怎么样
What do you have here?
看看你带来了什么
What do you have here?
看看你带来了什么
Oh, no. It’s not signed.
喔 不 这还没有被签字
What?
什么
This is a one day emergency travel visa.
这是为期一天的紧急情况旅行签证
To validate authenticity, it needs to be signed by the supervising officer.
必须有管理官员的签字才能生效
Dixon?
狄克逊
Yes.
是的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!