他们动作太快 没人能够阻止
in the wrong direction and they got going so fast no one could stop them.
由此 我感到得我出来阻止他们 可我没有
So I felt it was up to me to stop them and I didn’t.
我觉得最高法♥院♥有必要做他们该做得 可
I felt it was up to the Supreme Court and they did what they could, but…
一切都乱了套 出了轨
it’s all gotten messed up and derailed again.
因为这个审判 我放弃了刑法的实习
Since his trial, I have given up my practice of criminal law.
我没有陪审经验
I have not had a jury trial…
当我知道到这个案子的判决后
since I heard the verdict of this jury in this case…
我再没什么心思
and don’t intend to.
感觉就像
I just feel like…
让给别人来解决这些问题
I’ll let other people handle these problems for a while.
因为如果正义是如此地难以伸张
Because if justice can miscarry so badly…
我宁可做些别的
I’d rather do something else.
达拉斯的检查官常说
Prosecutors in Dallas have said for years…
任何检查官都可以对犯罪嫌疑人作出判决
“Any prosecutor can convict a guilty man.
能判决一个无辜的人也不容易啊
“It takes a great prosecutor to convict an innocent man.”
直到今天 我觉得
To this day, I think Mr. Mulder…
穆德先生会认为对亚当斯判决是他的伟大胜利
believes that the Adams conviction was one of his great victories…
可能是因为亚当斯案子能给他的获胜记录添上一笔
probably because of some reservations he has about Adams’ guilt.
一个早晨我接到维多一位女士的电♥话♥
I got a call one morning, a lady here in Vidor…
她被人用擀面杖打中头部
had been hit over the head with a rolling pin…
袭击者以为她已经被击昏了
and the attacker thought she’d been knocked unconscious…
事实上她却没有
when, in reality, she wasn’t.
她认出那个袭击者正是大卫 哈里斯
And she recognized the attacker to be David Harris.
他自己来了警♥察♥局
He voluntarily came to the police station.
我告诉他 大卫 那女孩知道你是谁
I told him, “David, this girl knows who you are.
其实我还知道真♥相♥
“I don’t even have to tell you I know the truth.
你知道这次我查出了事实
“You know I know the truth this time.”
他说 我做错了 我吸食大♥麻♥ 酗酒
He said, “I was wrong. I smoked marijuana, I was drinking.
我知道我一时冲动
“I don’t know what got over me but something just came over me.”
但有一点他没提 他只穿着内♥裤♥
But he forgot to mention one thing, that he was only wearing underwear.
我觉得他的攻击是出于性目的
I felt as though the attack was sexually oriented.
他从来就不想承认
He never wanted to admit that…
他最后也没有真的承认
and, as I recall, he never really finally admitted it.
他只是没有否认
He’d just get to where he wouldn’t deny it.
他转让了债券 去了德国
He posted his bond and went to Germany.
我们有个案子和他的作案手法相似
We had a crime with basically the same M.O. As his…
因为这个 我就去查查他在不在这
and so it led me to want to check and see if he was in town.
我联♥系♥了军队的国际定位人员
I contacted the Worldwide Military Locator…
试试我能不能通过军队找到他
to see if, through the military, I could locate him.
果然 他那时已经入狱了
I did, and found out that he was in prison at the time.
他也不记得为什么入狱
He really didn’t remember what happened.
他说他醒来时就在栅栏旁了
He said he woke up in the stockade…
别人告诉他说 他把他的长官打了
and he’d been told that he beat up one of his ranking officers.
我们又有一个案子和他的作案手法雷同
We had another occasion to have a crime that fit his M.O. A lot…
我又开始寻找他 这次
so I started looking for him again, and this time…
我是在加州的监狱里找到他的
I found him in prison in California.
我发现他还是没有改邪规正
So I realized again that unfortunately, he hadn’t straightened up.
他还是有很多问题
He was still having a lot of problems.
我只有16岁
I was 16 years old.
我和法律系统也没发生真正的交易
I really didn’t have no real dealings with the court systems, etc.
不知道它是怎么运作的
Didn’t know how they worked, really.
不怎么懂法
Didn’t know much about the law.
只不过一个年轻的笨小孩
Just a young, dumb kid.
警♥察♥告诉了你事件发生的时间
Police give you the time of this and the time this happened…
你和这些事件脱不了干系
and you just correlate from those events.
其他的事你都是通过这个时间推算的
You just estimate from that event what time it was.
你不知道
You don’t know.
你猜了个大概
You’re taking a guess.
警♥察♥告诉你 这个案子是在12:30发生的
Police tell you, “It was 12:30 when this crime happened.
你走出电影院几点
“What time did you leave the movie?”
我知道是快到凌晨了
“I know it was somewhere around midnight.
可能要早一点 我不知道
“It might have been before then. I don’t know.
我没有带手表
“I didn’t have a watch on.”
他很详细的和我阅读了一遍证词
He went over my testimony with me pretty extensively.
我该怎么回答这些问题呢
How I should answer certain questions…
这些事实
things of this nature.
这就是你所谓的 教唆证人
That’s what you call “coaching the witness.”
我们把这些证据排排续 看怎么样最合理
Let’s get this evidence in a spectrum where it’s going to be most effective.
那时 我没考虑那么多
At the time, I didn’t really ponder on it…
但是他欺骗了陪审团 欺骗了正义
but he was deceiving the jury. He wanted to deceive justice.
这就是我为何认为自♥由♥女神的正义是分等级的
That’s why I think that statue with the scales…
正义 怎么说 我不知道她是怎么说的
Justice? What is she called? I don’t know what she’s called.
她只有闭上眼睛
She’s got that blindfold on.
我们不知道门背后发生的事
We don’t see what goes on behind the closed doors.
车上还有另外一个女人
I had another woman in the car.
我没有告诉他们 我老婆会杀了我的
I didn’t tell them about that. My wife’d kill me.
如果知道我和别的女人约会 她会拧掉我的脑袋
She would’ve tore my head off if she knew I was out with another woman.
如果是你 会说么
Would you tell?
该发生的发生了 我就设法送她回家
That’s what happened. I was trying to get her home.
驾驶员侧的玻璃开着是因为
The driver’s side was down because…
旁边的女士有些恶心 她要些新鲜空气
the lady was a little sick. She needed some air.
因为她醉了
Because she was pretty drunk.
看看 那米勒夫妇 一白一黑
See, the Millers, one is black and one is white.
他们说我去…那晚我去的原因是…
They said I was going with… The reason I was over that night…
我去那是搞那人的老婆
I was over there messing with this man’s wife.
我才不想和她待一辈子 她又老又丑
And I ain’t never gone with her in my life. She was too old and ugly.
就像我说的 地方法♥院♥会让他们闭嘴
Like I said, the D.A. Will put something into their mouth.
他们会预先捏造整个过程
They could have prefabricated the whole story.
他们会这么做的
They sure could have.
可我看见的确实只有这些
But what I saw is just what I saw. That was it.
如果他们收了钱 是因为他们的谎言
So if they got paid, they got paid for lying.
他们已经决定在法庭怎么对付你了
They already decided what to do with you in the hall.
这就是他们所谓的法庭的正义 正义的天平不平衡了
That’s why they call it the Hall of Justice, the scales are not balanced.
天平在法庭上 他们可以上下浮动
The scales are in the hall, and they go up and down.
他们可以帮你 也可以整你
They might go up for you, favor one way, they might go down against you.
如果地方法♥院♥把你的事拖个15 20年的
So if the D.A. Wants you to hang 15 or 20 years,
就得这么拖着
you’re hung.
在奥林奇城我还有场官司
I had all these charges still pending in Orange County.
我本可以被看成是成人的
I could have been certified as an adult…
可能被判个无期徒刑 我不知道
maybe given a life sentence. I don’t know.
我16岁了 我才不想那样
I’m 16 years old. I know I don’t want that.
地方法♥院♥告诉我 别担心费用
That District Attorney told me, “Don’t worry about them charges.”
我会问你的 辩护律师会问你的
“I’m gonna ask your… Defense Attorney is gonna ask you…
如果你有什么交易
“if you had any kind of deal…
或者类似的东西
“or anything of that nature…
来交换你在这个案子的证词
“in exchange for your testimony in this case…
可以看成那笔费用
“as relating to those charges.
不要回答 是的 要说 不
“Don’t answer that ‘Yes.’ Answer it ‘No.”‘
我丈夫 没有把他看清楚
My husband, he didn’t get that good a look at him.
他不确信 因为他们一伙长得太像了
He wasn’t sure, because they put a bunch of them that looked alike.
他们一伙里有三四个人的头发都很蓬松
They had about three or four in the lineup that had bushy hair…
可他的是梳整齐的 和谋杀案的那个不一样
but he had his combed down, different to what it was in the killing.
我当时没有认出来
I didn’t pick him out right then…
因为我已经找出了这个蓬头的人
because I picked out this bushy-haired man.
我知道还有别的证人也从这伙人里找出了他
I understand one other witness did pick out the man at the lineup.
我不确定 但我想他做了
I’m not sure, but I think he did.
我就那样把兰德尔 亚当斯指了出来
Of course I picked out Randall Adams just like that.
我不知道其他人
I don’t know about the others.
巧合的是他们也这么做了
Evidently they did at that time.
我就跑了
I just took off.
就像孩子一样跑开
It’s like, kids run away…
他们不知道他们要住哪
they don’t think about where they’re going to stay…
不知道该吃什么 等等
how they’re going to eat, all these things.
这辈子他们都逃不开头上的屋顶
They had that roof over their head all their lives.
他们真的不考虑这些东西
They don’t really think about those things…
直到离开那 说 我肚子叫了
till you get out there and you say, “My stomach’s growling now.”
或者 外面变得更冷 下着雨
Or, “It’s getting cold out here. It’s raining.”
路面上结了冰
There was ice on the road.
我记得在我后面有一辆车开的相当快
I remember there was a car coming pretty fast up the road behind me…
他没有看见我
and didn’t see me or something…

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章海洋深处
下一篇文章造雨人
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!