或者换了条车道 我就在那车道上
or was in one lane and came into the other lane and I was in that lane…
他想让我停下来 他的车子冲离了马路
and tried to stop me. He went off the side of the road.
我记得他的车子冲离了马路
I remember this car went off the side of the road.
我正在回头看
I’m just looking back.
我记得的
I remember that.
凌晨3:30 我在家接到一个电♥话♥
I got a call at my house about 3:30 one morning.
我部门的巡逻员打电♥话♥过来说
One of the patrolmen in my department called…
我们逮捕了那个大卫 哈里斯
and said, “We just arrested this boy named David Harris…
他甚至不想告诉我们他的名字 他说他想和你谈谈
“and he won’t even tell us his name. He said he wants to talk to you.”
他们说了些我很感兴趣的话 他中枪了
They told me something that really made me interested. He’d been shot.
大卫先告诉我说 他去了休斯顿的酒吧
David had initially told me that he had gone to a bar in Houston…
调戏一个年轻妇女 他的男朋友就怒了
and was flirting with a young lady and her boyfriend became upset…
拿着手♥枪♥追着我跑 并向我开枪
and chased him out with a pistol, shooting at him.
我们知道这不是真的
We knew that wasn’t true.
我说 大卫 我知道你在唬我
I said, “David, I know you’re lying to me.
我们都经历了过去我们之间发生的事
“We go through this all the time, all my dealings with you in the past.
我不知道你刚刚做了什么
“I don’t know what you’ve done just yet.
我知道你中枪了
“I know you were shot.
我也知道你中枪的原因是做了不该做的事
“I know you were shot doing something that you shouldn’t have been…
我们知道你盗窃了枪♥械♥商店 还知道你酒后驾车
“we know you burglarized a gun shop. We know you were driving drunk.
找些能辨识你和你车的人吧
“Got witnesses who can identify you, who can identify your truck.”
我说 你被捕了 说实话吧
I said, “You’re caught. So tell the truth.”
好吧 大卫说 是我杀了他
And David said, “Okay, I killed him.”
家里只有他和他的男朋友
Their home was entered while he and his girlfriend were there alone.
那人被枪顶着脑袋逼到了浴室
The man was sent into the bathroom at gunpoint and told to stay there.
大卫带着女孩往外走
David took the girl and was starting to leave.
之后 那男的带着枪就从公♥寓♥追了出来
The man exited the apartment with a gun.
那人倒在了地上
The man fell to the ground, or near the ground…
抓住了供应停车场的一根柱子
holding onto a pole there in the parking lot of the apartment complex…
中了两三枪 可能更多
and these last, whether it be two, three, or how many shots…
我不知道 我近距离崩了几枪
I don’t know, were fired at point-blank or near point-blank range.
大卫觉得那人真地做错了
David thought that the one that was really at fault that night…
就杀了他 他说 那人疯了
was the guy that got killed. He said, “That guy’s crazy.
他拿着枪追着我跑
“He came after me with a gun.”
我告诉他 是你闯进他家的
I told him, “David, you’d broken into his house…
你绑♥架♥了他的女朋友 他能怎么做
“you abducted his girlfriend, what was he supposed to do?”
他说 他不该拿着枪追出来
He said, “Man shouldn’t come out with a gun.
那伙计疯了 他该死
“That dude’s crazy. He should have been killed.”
当我们去找回手♥枪♥时
When we went to retrieve the pistol…
我得从水里把它捞出来
I had to go into the water to get it.
那是个河口 杂草丛生 像一个蛇行地带
It was a bayou and it was grassy, snaky-looking area.
我在那待着很不舒服
I was not real pleased about being there myself…
可 大卫见我下去寻枪显得很开心
but David enjoyed watching me have to go down there and look for the gun.
我找了好几次 他在桥上
I’d been searching several minutes, he was up on the bridge…
离我大概25尺
and probably 25 feet from me…
指给我看他丢枪得地方
directing me to where he thought that the gun had landed in the water.
他被用手铐铐着
He was handcuffed.
汽车过来了 他转过身
Traffic would come by, and he would turn around…
他亮出手铐 帮帮我
and show them his handcuffs and holler at them, “Help me!
警♥察♥们要把我丢到水里淹死我
“The officials will throw me in this water and drown me.”
他能做的就是开开玩笑 过会就停了
Just anything he could do to make a joke and cut up out there.
他真得是很开心
He was just really having a good time.
想想如果真地把他放到马路上
The kid scares me.
达拉斯城也允许这样的话
To think that he could actually be out there, walking the streets…
那真是恐怖
and Dallas County let him go.
那孩子已经做了7次案
The kid had seven crimes coming down on him.
持枪抢劫 向警♥察♥开枪
He had armed robberies. He had firing on a peace officer.
他私闯民宅 进行攻击
He had breaking and enterings, aggravated assaults.
上帝才知道他还干了什么
God knows what all this kid had.
达拉斯让他完全自♥由♥地说证词
And Dallas County gives him complete immunity for his testimony.
让他自己说
Just lets him walk.
记得我妈说地好
My mom had a good phrase.
她说她进达拉斯的第一个晚上 正下着雨
She said the first night she pulled into Dallas, it was raining…
时不时电闪雷鸣
and that it was lightning.
他们走进达拉斯
And they’re coming into Dallas…
她说世界上有地狱的话 就是达拉斯了
and she said if there was ever a hell on earth, it’s Dallas County.
她没错
She’s right.
你或多或少的得和品行不端得人打交道
You deal with people who you sense bad vibrations, more or less.
你觉得 因为我是个警♥察♥ 这个人才不喜欢我
You feel, this guy doesn’t like me anyway because I’m a policeman.
你能感觉到这些 或许我不该说这些的
You can just kind of sense something. Maybe I shouldn’t even be saying it…
因为警♥察♥不该说这些的
because police shouldn’t take these things to the bank.
当你不断的和别人打交道 你会有很多感触
When you deal with people over and over, you sense a lot of things.
和大卫说话 你就能体会到他身上的杀气
Talking to David, you don’t ever feel hostile feelings coming from him.
我之前没见过大卫
I have never seen David any way…
除了有些兴奋 他对我很礼貌
other than cordial, friendly to me as he could be:
是的 先生 不 先生 没有不尊敬啊
“Yes, sir.” “No, sir.” Never disrespectful.
我从没看到他坏的一面 我看了这些结果…
I’ve never seen the bad side. I’ve seen the results…
我和他谈过这个 他也注意到了
and I’ve talked to him about it, and he’s aware of it.
他想起坏的一面
He remembers the bad side.
我没见过他犯过罪
But I’ve never seen him committing a crime…
没有暴♥力♥的状态
or in a violent or volatile state.
当他招供他的罪行时
When his crimes were confessed to…
他看上去好多了 而且那几次表现的更好了
he seemed to feel better and do better during those times.
他的父母告诉我 他在家很乖
His parents would tell me he would to do better at home…
他似乎和城里的人
he seemed to get along better with the people in town…
他的邻居和朋友都处得不错
his neighbors and friends.
但当大卫出事的时候
But something happens to David…
我却想不通 我不知道谁会拿手指着他
I don’t know what it is. I don’t know if anybody can put their finger on it.
但是家里也没有其他迹象
But there’s no other indication of anything in the family…
能让他做出这种事
that would lead you to believe he had exposure to these activities.
据我所知 大卫至少有一个兄弟 一个姐妹
David’s got at least one other brother and sister that I know of.
他有一个兄弟几年前淹死了
And he had one brother that drowned numerous years ago.
那时我3岁
I was 3 years old…
我有一个4岁的哥哥
I had a 4-year-old brother…
在1963年淹死了
and he drowned in 1963…
我确信 就是在肯尼迪总统被刺杀之后
right after President Kennedy was assassinated, I believe.
的夏天
Sometime right after that, during the summer.
我们住在博蒙特 哈里森大街上
We was living in Beaumont on Harrison Street…
我爸爸开着卡车在院子里干活
and my dad was working on his truck out in the yard…
妈妈在做家务
and mom was in the house doing her housework or fixing dinner.
我和我的哥有一个小水池
Me and my brother, we had one of these little blow-up pools…
我们常在那玩耍
and we were playing in that.
爸爸本该盯着我们玩的
My dad was supposed to be watching or keeping an eye on us or something.
哥哥就去街上瞎逛
My brother wandered off down the street…
那些人的后院有个游泳池
and these people had a swimming pool in their backyard…
他们都比我大 却从不进池子
and they were elderly people. They never used the pool.
我想是因为那里面有好多树叶和垃圾
I guess it had a bunch of leaves and stuff in it.
他 一不小心 就掉进去淹死了
And he, evidently, fell in there and drowned.
晚上 我习惯坐在我的房♥间里和他说说话 可他不在了
I used to sit up in my room at night and talk to him and he wasn’t there.
这是我难以愈合的创伤
So that might have been some kind of a traumatic experience for me.
我想我的爸爸…
I guess my dad…
我不知道 他应该有不可推卸的责任
I don’t know, maybe he couldn’t get rid of the responsibility…
或者是有罪的 但我不知道
or the guilt or something. I don’t know what it was.
我想我该不断地提醒他
I was there and I guess maybe I reminded him of that…
慢慢长大了
all the time, growing up.
我越来越无法接受他
It was hard for me to get any acceptance from him.
当我哥哥出生的时候
When my younger brother was born…
他就是爸爸的最爱 我不知道
it was kind of like he was Daddy’s favorite or something, I don’t know.
每个人会选择走不同的路
Everybody’s life is going to take some kind of path
不管发生什么
regardless of what happens.
我想我年轻时候干的事
I think maybe that a lot of the things I did when I was younger…
是一种对他的报复
was an attempt to get back at him or something…
报复他对待我的方式
for the way he treated me.
而我什么也没成 却伤了自己
But I wasn’t doing nothing but hurting myself.
1986年12月5日 大卫·哈里斯
接受了最后一次采访
相当不幸的人
依您之见亚当斯是不是一个
绝对是
如果不是走霉运
他也不至于一无所有
您说的走霉运是指
指的是好些事
得看你如何看待它
就像前不久我跟您说起过的
那个流离失所的家伙…

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章海洋深处
下一篇文章造雨人
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!