英格兰 甚至俄♥国♥ 都向我致敬
England, even Russia, they salute me.
他们称我为大♥师♥ 年轻有为的诗人
They call me a maestro. They call me a valiant young poet.
但法国人却不是
But no, not the French.
他们说我流氓 是艺术的破坏者
They call me “Delinquent.” They call me “Vandal.”
-菲利普 -艺术的破坏者
– Philippe. – Vandal!

Look.
这是一个预示
This is a sign.
跟我巴黎圣母院的表演登在同一份报纸上
In the same newspaper as my Notre-Dame story?
这是上帝的旨意啊
This is providence.
上面说快要完工了
It says they’re almost finished.
低楼层的都已经完成了
The lower floors are already occupied.
安妮 收拾行李走人
Annie! We need to pack.
他们好大啊
They’re enormous.
是的
Yes.
巨大无比
They’re monstrous.
比我想象的高太多了
They’re a lot taller than I imagined.
是的
Yes.
太荒诞了
It’s absurd.
简直太荒诞了
Completely absurd.
这不是真的
It’s not real.
这两座塔简直无法测量
These towers, they have no scale!
拔地而起 直插云霄 根本不是人为
They just rise and never stop. It’s not human!
完蛋了 完蛋了
It’s over. It’s over. It’s finished.
什么完蛋了
What’s finished?
我的挑战 我的梦想 都没了
The coup! My dream! It’s destroyed!
你看到这些怪物了吗
Do you see these monsters?
-这些就是怪物 -冷静
– These beasts! Beasts! – Calm down!
这一切都无法实现了
They just tell me it’s not possible and nothing else!
完全看不出可能性
There’s no sign of possibility.
看不出一丁点能成功的迹象
There’s nothing telling me that it can be done.
你们好
How you doing?
有楼梯可以上去
There’s stairs going up.
回酒店去
Go back to the hotel.
五个小时后我没回去 到警♥察♥局找我
If I’m not back in five hours, look for me at the police station.
我一路走到了楼顶
I make my way to the top.
没有人拦住我
Nobody stops me.
我发现自己正站在一座飘在半空的孤岛
And I find myself standing on an island floating in mid-air,
身处于这片上空的边缘
on the edge of the void.
我不加思索地望向对面的塔
Of course, I automatically look across to the opposite tower.
然后鼓起了勇气向下看
But then I have to dare to look down.
现在我感觉这片上空再熟悉不过了
Now, I think I know the void.
我是个走钢索的人 上空就是我的领域
I’m a wire walker. The void is my domain, yes?
虽说平时没有那么高
Well, not this void.
但我还是鼓起勇气低语
But, still I gather the courage to whisper.
我低语是为了不让魔鬼听到
I whisper so the demons won’t hear me.
那根本就没可能
It’s impossible.
但我还是会去做
But I’ll do it.
英语 讲英语
English. Only English.
我们要让自己听起来像个纽约人
We must learn to sound like New Yorkers.
你所谓的挑战简直就是笑话
Your so-called coup is a ridiculous joke.
瞧 我用英语说出来了
There. Have it in English.
我已经都计划好了
That’s why I have it all planned out.
计划好了 你骗谁啊
Planned out? Who are you kidding?
你根本不知道对面是什么
You have no idea what’s on the opposite roof.
你根本就不知道施工队什么时候开工
You don’t know what time the construction crews arrive
什么时候收工
or what time they quit.
你也不知道
You have no idea
两塔间的实际距离
what the actual distance is between the towers.
你也不知道要怎样固定辅索
Or how you’re going to anchor the cavalettis.
很显然
How? There is absolutely no place
根本没地方去固定
to attach them to the facade.
你到底花了多少天时间
And, by the way, how many days
来做这个建筑模型
did it take you to build this maquette?
做得多棒啊 不是吗
Oh, come On. This is beautiful! Eh?
什么是辅索
What are the cavalettis?
这些长绳
These guy wires.
鲁迪老爹称它们为辅索
Papa Rudy calls them “Cavalettis.”
用它们来稳定钢索的
They stabilize the walk cable.
钢索
Ah. The walk cable.
那么
So,
钢索要怎么架在两塔间
how do you intend to pass the cable across the void?
就像我们在巴黎圣母院那样啊
Well, just like we did at Notre-Dame.
首先用鱼线绑住绳索
We start with a fishing line attached to a rope,
再绑住钢索
attached to the cable.
那我们要怎样让鱼线穿过两塔
And how do we pass the fishing line between the towers?
太远了 抛杂耍球是行不通的
Yes, it is too far to throw the juggling ball.
我觉得我们可以弄个遥控飞机
But I was thinking we could get a radio-controlled airplane,
让它拉着线飞越两塔 那就太棒了
and fly the line across. This would be fantastic.
菲利普
Philippe.
要几年才能学会控制遥控飞机
It takes years to learn how to fly an RC airplane.
-你知道吗 -不
– Do you understand that? – No.
我们必须在这个夏天完成挑战
We must accomplish the coup this summer.
双子塔快要建成了 我们没时间了
The towers are almost built. We are running out of time.
我需要你的帮忙 想想如果我们成功了
I need you to help me pull this off. Think if we succeed.
这将会是最无畏
This could be the most audacious
-最前所未有的艺术壮举 -无畏
– work of art that has ever been done! – Audacious? Audacious?
-这简直是疯狂至极 -是疯狂至极
– It’s madness! – Yes, it’s madness!
没有正常人会去尝试这计划
No one in his right mind would attempt this thing.
正因为史无前例 所以我要去做
But that is why I must do it, because it has never been done!
我也承认 我疯了
And so, yes, I admit, I am mad.
-你的确是疯了 -我是疯了
– Ah, yes! Wow, you are mad. – Yes! I am mad.
-你真的疯了吗 -我真的疯了
– Are you completely insane? – Yeah, I’m crazy!
你不就是爱疯疯癫癫的我吗
Yes, you love me because I am mad!
我是疯子 我完全疯了
I am insane! I am totally crazy!
我要走了
I gotta go.
我会想办法架起钢索
I’ll figure out how to get the wire across.
-好 -你去想怎样固定辅索
– Yes! – You figure out how to anchor the cavalettis.
-成交 -说定了吗
– Okay. Deal. – Do we have a deal?
辅索不能竖直挂
The cavalettis cannot be vertical.
必须跟钢索在同一♥平♥面
They must be horizontal, parallel to the walk cable.
-平衡 -看起来是不好看
– Parallel? – It won’t be pretty
但可以稳住钢索
but it will keep the cable from swaying.
而且你必须用三个螺栓来拴住辅索
And you must use three bolts on the cavaletti clamps.
不是两个 一个跨步
Not two. A span this wide
就会给支撑板带来很大压力
will put tremendous pressure on the brace plates.
当你行走时 你的重量能压垮一个螺栓
And as you walk, your weight could crack a bolt.
还有木头
And wood!
必须要记住
You must remember
在钢索与柱墩之间
to put wood blocks
要绑上木块
between the wire and the building’s struts.
这样的话 当建筑晃动时
That way, when the building breathe,
木板会断裂 但钢索不会
the wood will break but the wire won’t explode
也不至于把你扯成两半
and tear you in half.

Okay.
木块
Wood.
还有
Also…
你一定要按我说的去做 菲利普
Here’s what you’re going to do, Philippe.
你要在你的戏服里
You’re going to wear
系上安全带
a safety belt underneath your costume,
然后连接到安全索上 扣上勾环
attached to a safety line, connected to a carabiner.
安全索
A safety line?
勾环
A carabiner?
在表演中
I’m not going to do this walk
我是不会挂安全索的
with a safety line hanging off of me!
从那个高度
From that height,
没人会看见 没人会知道的
it will be invisible! No one will have any idea!
当我去到第一条辅索的时候呢
And what do I do when I get to the first cavaletti?
你是个表演者
You’re a performer.
你可以在钢索上单膝跪下时
You kneel down on the wire.
把勾环解开 然后扣到另一条辅索上
You unhook from side, clip it on the other.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!