Five. You’re out of your mind.
下午好,下午好 中尉,有什么事吗?
Good afternoon. Good afternoon, Captain. May I help you?
是的,请问哈登博格上校在这里吗?
Yes, uh, do you have a Captain Hardenburg in this section?
是的,他在这里 我能不能见他?
Yes, he’s here. Would it be possible to see him?
你是他的朋友吗? – 是的
Are you a friend of his? -Mmm. Yes.
很好,他就在里面,直接进去就是了
Very good. He’s right in there. Go right in.
谢谢
Thank you.
哈登博格上校?
Captain Hardenburg?
是你吗,迪斯特? – 是的,长官
Is that you, Diestl? -Yes, sir.
我今天下午刚出院…
I was just released from my hospital this afternoon,
我是来跟您说再见的
and I came to say good-bye.
感谢你
That’s very nice of you.
长官,你现在感觉好点了?
Well, are you feeling any better, sir?
噢,每天感觉都好点 那就好
Ah, better each day. Good.
但是他们说我要 6个月的时间才能出院
But they tell me I will be here for six months.
6个月,真遗憾,时间太长了
Six months. Ah, well, I’m sorry that it will be so long for you.
噢,为什么遗憾?
Oh, why sorry?
我现在有时间可以想想我的未来了
It gives me the opportunity to think of the future.
我想进入政坛 噢,是吗
I plan to go into politics. Oh, yes.
从我的脸就可以看 到我对祖国作出的贡献
My face will be a reminder of what I have given for the fatherland.
这样会使我在公众面前…
It will stand me in good stead…
留下良好得到印象
before audiences at public meetings.
噢…
Well,
长官…
you know, sir, that…
现在人们可以作出非常逼真的…
they do remarkable things nowadays with?
是的,很逼真,很逼真
Yes, remarkable. Remarkable.
玻璃眼睛,塑料鼻子
Glass eyes, plastic noses,
重建颧骨
reconstructed cheekbones.
我已经写信给格雷琴 说了这件事了…
I have written to Gretchen in this kind of detail…
让她做好心里准备
to prepare her for it.
她安慰我说她为我感到骄傲
And she has assured me she is proud of me,
其实这也没什么意义
and it will make no difference.
格雷琴就是我的老婆
Gretchen is the name of my wife.
是的,我知道
Yes, I know.
你怎么知道的?
How do you know?
噢,是的,你替我带过邮包
Oh, yes. You delivered a package for me.
她很漂亮,是吗?
She’s quite handsome, isn’t she?
是的,长官.她非常漂亮
Yes, sir. She’s quite handsome.
她会对我以后的职业生涯非常有用
She will be very useful to my career.
我现在想请你…
What I would like for you to do for me is…
再去看看她…让她安心
visit her again… to reassure her.
我知道在这种情况下…
I know it’s a great deal to ask,
让你捎话给我的妻子是很困难的
to speak for a man to his wife under these circumstances,
但是我想让她从第三方的口中…
but I want her to hear from a third party that I am…
听到我是可治的
salvageable.
好的,我很高兴能为你做点事
Yes, I-I-I will be glad to do that.
谢谢你,谢谢你,迪斯特
Thank you. Thank you, Diestl.
走近点
Now, come closer.
是的,长官
Yes, sir.
只有我们两个人吗?
Are we alone?
是的,除了… 好了,没事
Yes, except for… Yes, it’s all right.
我还想请你为我做件事
I have one more favor to ask of you.
你帮我拿一把刺刀来
I want you to bring me a bayonet.
一把刺刀? – 是的,一把刺刀
A bayonet? -Yes, yes. A bayonet.
噢,我觉得,呃… – 你想做什么啊?
Well, I think, uh? -Wh-What is the matter with you?
不是给我的
Not for me.
是给他的
For him.
他的手脚都没了…什么都没了
He has no hands left… or anything left.
他想死
He wants to die.
我答应过他的
I’ve promised him.
我们俩在一起的时候… 他告诉我给他一把刺刀
He whispers to me… when we are alone.
他能听见的
And he can hear.
他是纽伦堡的一个钟表匠
He’s a watchmaker… in Nuremberg.
他专门修理秒表
He specializes in stopwatches.
有3个孩子,但是他想死
He has three children, and he wants to die.
我摸到的是他的哪个部位?
Where is my hand?
接近心脏
Approximately over his heart.
很好
Good.
我就准备在这里放刺刀的
That’s where I will place the bayonet.
我们已经练习了一个星期了
We have practiced it every night for a week.
晚上回来的时候给我带一把刺刀
Come back tonight with the bayonet.
迪斯特,你会带来吗?
Diestl, will you bring me the bayonet?
会的,长官
Yes, sir.
再见,迪斯特
Good-bye, Diestl.
再见,长官
Good-bye, sir.
你是谁? – 我是克里斯丁·迪斯特
Yes?- It’s Christian Diestl.
谁啊?
Who?
克里斯丁·迪斯特
Christian Diestl.
你好? – 哦,是中尉
Hello? -Oh, the lieutenant.
是的 进来
Yes. Come in.
你好吗?
How are you?
我很好,你呢?
I’m all right. And you?
对不起,中尉,我脸色一定很难看
Forgive me, Lieutenant. I must look awful,
但是我几周以来一直没睡好觉
but I haven’t slept for so many weeks.
我们受到了那么多次空袭 嗯
We’ve had so many air raids. Mmm.
进来,对不起
Come in. Excuse me.
他们每天晚上都会轰炸两三次
They come over two or three times a night.
你根本就难以想象
You can’t imagine what it’s like.
如果在前线的士兵遇到 这种情况的话,他们会反叛的
The soldiers at the front would strike under such conditions.
我说的是真的
I mean it.
这里没有暖气,没有电
There’s no heat, no light.
哦,我想起一件事
Oh, yes. I remember.
请坐下
Sit down.
谢谢
Thank you.
你有没有从苏联给我带食物回来?
Did you bring any food from Russia?
是非洲 当然是非洲
Africa. Of course.
我丈夫的军队 是的
My husband’s company. Yeah.
我现在只剩下一点时罗利酒了
All I have left is some kümmel.
不用了,谢谢
No, thanks.
你有没有受到你丈夫的来信?
Do you hear from your husband?
他自杀了
He killed himself.
他怎么了? – 他用刺刀自杀了
He what? – He killed himself with a bayonet.
我还有他的信
I have the letter somewhere.
他让我到这里跟你说几句话
He asked me to come here and speak to you for him.
这并没有什么意义
Perhaps it’s just as well.
他想回到这里来
He wanted to come back here.
我当然没有鼓励他回来
Naturally, I didn’t encourage him.
我花了一晚上写了一封措辞得体的信
I spent a whole night composing a most tactful letter.
我告诉他最好永远 就呆在一所退伍军人医院
I told him, of course, he would be better off in some permanent veteran’s hospital.
你在做什么?
What are you doing now?
看在老天的份上 克里斯丁,现实一点吧
For heaven’s sake, Christian, be a little realistic.
你们这些人时越来越陌生了
You people are getting stranger and stranger.
再呆一会儿
Stay a little while.
或许我可以找到一点伏特加
Maybe I can find some vodka.
我还要为你而打扮一下
I make myself pretty for you.
克里斯丁?
Christian?
克里斯丁!
Christian!
勃兰特
Brandt.
克里斯丁,见到你实在时太高兴了
Christian, how wonderful to see you again.
见到你我也好高兴,勃兰特
It’s good to see you, Brandt.
噢 真不敢相信!
Oh, no. I can’t believe it.
噢,现在状况很糟,是吗?
Oh, it was bad, huh?
是的,国家把我们调来调去,但是…
No. They moved us around a little bit, but you know, it’s?
听我说…
Listen now, uh,
你现在是怎么了,离前线这么近了?
what’s the matter with you, being so near the front?
噢,你知道吗,这都是一些错误的命令
Well, you know me. It was a mistake in the orders.
但是你呢,你到这里来 干什么?你驻在这里吗?
But you, what are you doing here? Are you stationed here?
不是,事实上我在等着 被调走
No, as a matter of fact, I’m waiting for transportation.
我要去巴黎
I’m trying to get to Paris.
我们找个地方聊聊吧 都这么多年没见面了
Let’s go someplace where we can talk. I’ll buy you a drink for old-time’s sake.
勃兰特,我在一些照片上 看到你成了上尉