E-x-t-e? No. E-x-t…
文盲一个
Illiteracy, that’ll do it.
我经常听你的歌♥
I heard you sing a lot of times.
噢,是吗? 在黀乐部?
Oh, you have? At the club?
在收音机上 噢
On the radio. Oh.
你在黀乐部唱歌♥吗? 不,是在拍歌♥剧
Are you singing at a club? No, rehearsing a show.
在百老汇? 嗯
On Broadway? Mm-hmm.
歌♥剧叫什么名字?
What’s the name of it?
《软鞋》
Soft Shoes.
《软鞋》,我得记住
Soft Shoes. I gotta remember that.
我们去喝酒吧,不要令我失望哦
Let’s have a drink. Don’t frustrate me.
任何不会写“情有可原”的人 都是我的朋友
Anybody that can’t spell extenuating is a friend of mine.
走吧
Come on.
有时候,我觉得我很有吸引力
You know, sometimes I think I give off a scent or something.
能够引起女性的注意 是吗?
You know, rouses the female. Hmm?
那些女孩子啊 哪里?
Those girls. Where?
噢,等一下 你不会是告诉我你没有…
Oh, wait a minute. You mean to tell me that you didn’t…
噢,你真是感觉木讷 不是,我只是没注意到
Oh, your antenna’s turned off. No, I didn’t notice.
噢,你真奇怪
Oh, you’re sick.
你曾经拥有过一个女孩吗?我曾经拥有过一个女孩没有?
Have you ever had a girl? Have I ever had a girl?
我正在想这个
That’s what I thought.
听着,阿克曼 今晚我要参加一个晚会…
Listen, Ackerman, tonight I’m giving a party.
女孩子,女人,很多人都要来
Girls, females, broads.
你要来,然后可以 带一个女孩到你家里去
You will attend. You will capture one and carry her off to your cave.
你来不来? 当然来
You will attend? Sure. Yeah.
很好,我们现在不要讨论这个了 我们来讨论一些酒的话题
Good. Let us not discuss this sort of topic any longer. Let us discuss alcohol.
∮ I like New York in June ∮
∮ How about you∮
∮ I like a Gershwin tune
∮ How about you∮
∮ I like a fireside when a storm is due ∮
∮ I like potato chips, moonlight and motor trips ∮
∮ How about you∮
∮ I’m mad about good books ∮
∮ Can’t get my fill ∮
∮ And James Durante’s looks give me a thrill ∮
要我跟你倒杯酒吗?
May I refresh your drink?
谢谢,不用 我很好
Thank you, no. I’m fine.
你跟他们见面了没?
Have you met everyone?
没关系的,我在听音乐
That’s all right. I was listening to the music.
迈克尔对我们提起过你了
Michael’s told me all about you.
是吗? 是的
He has? Y-Yes.
不可能,我实说,我和他 是在征兵局里认识的
No, I meant, I only met him this morning at the draft board.
你和迈克尔在征兵局见面? 是的
You met Michael at the draft board? Yes.
他是1-A?
And he was 1 -A?
我们都是1-A
We’re both 1 -A.
对不起,我想… 好的
Excuse me, would you? Yes.
∮ You saw me standing alone ∮
我有话跟你说
I wanna talk to you.∮ Without a dream in my heart ∮
晚上好,今天过得怎么样? – 很好,谢谢,你呢?
Good evening. How are you tonight? -Fine, thanks, and you?
嗨,霍普 嗨,迈克,你好吗?
Hi, Hope. Hi, Mike. How are you?
很好,你呢?我要找个人 好的
Fine. How are you? I want you to meet somebody. Good.
是吗?你的朋友? 是的
Oh? Friend of yours? Yes.
诺亚,这位是霍普.普罗 这位是诺亚.阿克曼
Noah, this is Hope Plowman. Noah Ackerman.
你好 你好
Hello. How do you do?
他好像对我的音乐不太感兴趣…看你能不能给他带来点快乐
See if you can cheer him up. I don’t think he likes my music.
实际上,我正在听他的音乐
Actually, I haven’t been listening.
噢,今天外面风景真好
Oh, my, what a lovely view.
是吗?
Isn’t it?
什么事,玛格丽特?
Yes, Margaret?
我听说你参军了
I hear you’re being drafted.
我没有参军 阿克曼先生说你参军了
I’m not being drafted. Mr. Ackerman says you are.
阿克曼先生根本就不知道…华盛顿的兔子可以戴上 帽子来掩饰自己
Mr. Ackerman doesn’t know what rabbits can be pulled out of a hat in Washington.
听着,我不是什么英雄 也不是什么和平鸽
Look, I’m not a hero, and I’m not a pigeon.
那些想得到和平的人可以替我打仗
The pigeons can do my fighting for me.
噢,迈克尔,你倒是怎么了?
Oh, Michael, what’s the matter with you?
你觉得我很讨厌你参军吗?
You think I hate you for trying to get out of it?
我没有,真的,我没有
I don’t. Really, I don’t.
你做的一切我都不会讨厌 但是你现在倒是自责了
Anything you do is okay with me, but you start to feel guilty about it,
然后你就把气撒到 我身上来了,我没有自责!
then we start having fights, and you take it out on me. I don’t feel guilty!
我只是很讨厌战争 讨厌那种极端的气焰
It’s just that I’m against war and this whole drummed-up, superpatriotic atmosphere.
你就是不想死,也没有人想死
You just don’t want to get shot. Nobody wants to get shot.
不要自欺欺人了
So stop trying to convince yourself.
不说这个了
Forget it.
我现在要参加这个演出 是的,是的,是的,是的
I got a sick show on my hands! Yes, yes, yes, yes.
听着,迈克尔,我是玛格丽特
Look, Michael, this is me, Margaret.
我了解你
I understand you.
你不是很高尚,但也不是过很差劲
You’re a heel, but you’re not that big a heel.
现在也是
And then, too,
他们在河里钓鱼
they fish for fish in the river.
我听别人说的
I was told that.
我喜欢你的领带 真的?
I like your tie. You do?
我在商店里看见了就买♥♥下来了
I just saw it, and I bought it.
你觉得今天会下雨吗?
Do you think it’s gonna rain?
我喜欢在雨中漫步 我也喜欢
I like to walk in the rain. I do to.
真的? 嗯
You do? Mm-hmm.
你想出去走走吗? 好啊
You wanna walk? All right.
出去走走吧 嗯
Let’s walk. Okay.
你对他怎么说? 谁?
What are you gonna tell him? Who?
迈克尔 什么也不用说
Michael. Nothing.

Oh.
嗯,可能是
Well, maybe so.
纽约对于一个从乡下 来的女孩来讲一定很恐怖
New York City must be quite frightening to a girl from the country.
噢,不,不是这样的
Oh, no, it isn’t.
事实上,这里看起来很黒容很大度
The truth is it puts on an act of sophistication,
但是其实这里的人很排外
but at heart it’s strictly provincial.
我不觉得纽约人很排外
I don’t think it’s provincial.
至少不想佛蒙特
Anyway, not after Vermont.
佛蒙特? 嗯
Vermont? Mm-hmm.
纽约…这里…其实有很多漂亮女孩
New York City… I must say… Does have some beautiful women.
有些很浮华
Flashy, some of them.
我听说欧洲的女人…
You know, I’m told European women…
情感上更成熟
are more mature emotionally.
是吗? 是的
They are? Oh.
事实上,我的朋友告诉我…
As a matter of fact, friends of mine have told me?
噢… 现在几点了?
Well, anyway. What time is it?
现在很晚了,我们现在回 去吧不,我想直接回家
It’s late. We better be getting back. No. I’d like to go home.
噢,好的,我送你回去 谢谢
Oh. Well, I’ll take you home. Thank you.
你住在哪里? 布鲁克林
Where do you live? Brooklyn.
布鲁克林 嗯
Brooklyn. Mm-hmm.
噢,到了
Well, at last.
现在我们坐汽车 现在坐汽车?
Now we take the bus. Now we take the bus?
现在干吗? 现在我们步行
Now what? Now we walk.
玛格丽特 什么事?
Margaret. Yeah?
不要 不要什么?
Don’t. Don’t what?
不要跟我生气 为什么不?
Don’t be angry with me. Why not?
你这么有魅力
You have been very charming.
所以你就不喜欢替别人着想
You have not been understanding.
实际上,我们一晚上都没讲话
In fact, you haven’t even been conversational all evening long.
对不起,玛格丽特.真的,对不起
I’m sorry, Margaret. Really, I am.
好像最近我们一说话就会吵架
But lately it seems we can’t talk without arguing.
你说我们现在到底是怎么了
You haven’t the faintest idea what’s bothering me.
宝贝,没有你我就没有快乐
Honey, I’d flip without you.
你当然不会 噢,我说的是真的
You sure would. Well, that’s the truth.
你太适合我了
You’re so right about me.
是吗
I sure am.
我们为什么就不能坐下 来好好谈谈?然后呢?
Look, why don’t we just sit and be quiet? And then what?
然后亲我一下
Then you kiss me.
然后我亲你一下
Then I kiss you.
噢,迈克尔,我好喜欢你
Oh, Michael, I love you so.
我们可以做更好的朋友吗?
Are we getting warmer?
你会很高兴,我到家了
You’ll be happy to know that we’re here.
晚安
Good night.
我想说送你回家…
I wanna say I’m pleased?
送你回家我很高兴,非常高兴
very pleased, I mean, to have brought you home.
谢谢
Thank you.