滚开!
Get off.
滚开!
Off. Off.
谢谢
Thank you.
我觉得
I was thinking.
我们这样坐在这里…
Sitting here, as we are.
很怪 “格林”这个名字很常用
It’s odd. Considering how common the name of Greene is,
格林家族和那些征服者一同来到英格兰
that the Greene family came over with the conquerer.
其实
And is in fact,
原来是法国最高贵的贵族之一
from the highest nobility in France.
Oh.
哦是吗?
Oh, really?
很可惜格林家族走上了下坡路
Unfortunately the Greens came down in the world and erm..
我们只好把姓氏改成了格林威治
We’ve little more than leave our name to the burrower of Greenwich.
格林先生 与您和我的内心世界 都异常接近的
And now Mr Greene to the subject closer to my heart and yours.
圣洁的诗歌♥
The sacred subject of poetry.
Aah.
您知道吗?有次我撕碎了一位夫人的扇子 只为寻找一个合适的韵脚
You know, I once broke a lady’s fan in my enthusiasm to find a rime.
狂热的喜好是很危险的
Enthusiasm can be dangerous.
因为年轻 别人总嘲笑我对于 隐居生活与诗歌♥的热爱
As a youth I was often mocked for my love of poetry and solitude.
真是悲剧
Tragic.
当然 格林先生 您的作品…
And of course Mr Greene, your works…
在我的藏书里有着重要的地位
…hold pride of place in my library.
Uh-uh.
对于一个诗人非常值得荣耀的是
To me there is a certain glory about…
可以把非凡的内心感受用言辞表达出来
…a man who can express in words…
而普通人仅仅只是感觉到而已
…those great emotions that others can only feel.
Oh.
您知道吗 我一直不太敢去结识您
You know I scarcely dared to ask to make your acquaintance…
因为我觉得 我没有什么可以回报您的
…for I feel that I can offer nothing in return.
我肯定任何一个作家
I’m sure that any writer would be more…
都会非常愿意接受您的款待的
…than willing to except your hospitality.
哦 您是这么认为的?
Oh, do you think so?
如果我们探讨诗歌♥
If we would speak of poetry…
当然得先从诗人的生活开始
…then let us first speak of poets lives.
您知道”哈姆雷特”是如何成稿的?
Do you know how ‘Hamlet’ was written?
当债主敲莎士比亚的门时
Written while bailiffs were pounding on Shakespeare’s door.
他在当时写的那段中犯了无数了语法错误
No wonder so many of his plays were falsey too.
您说得没错
Aw, I’m sure you’re right.
当一个天才付不起账单时 他怎么才能创作呢?
How can a…How can a genius work when he cannot pay the bills?
当我工作的时候
When I say work…
我的意思是…创作
Erm, work you see… is…
那些从来不为生计发愁的人们根本不知道
…people who haven’t laboured in this way don’t understand…
诗歌♥不易理解 其实也不易写就
…that real poetry neither easy nor easily produced.
我觉得…我对此表示有些理解 格林先生
Then I feel that I can understand a little Mr Greene.
因为我本身也去试着
Because I have myself been so righteous…
写了几行
…to attempt to write some poems…
有没有听到有老鼠在吱吱叫?
Did I hear a mouse’s squeak?
我得说…我什么也没听见
I must say I didn’t hear any.
那您的身体很健康
That’s saying you’re in good health.
我的情况 大人 非常糟糕 很惊讶我还活着
My own my lord have been so bad it’s a marvel I’m still alive.
我心脏肥大 脾脏肿胀 肝也不好
I have an enlarged heart, a spleen and a diseased liver.
最严重的是那难以用语言形容的背痛
Above all there are sensations in my spine which defy description.
是一块脊椎 从上面数的第三块 就像一直在火里烧一样
There is one nob about a third from the top which burns like fire.
还有从下面数的第二块… 冷得像冰一样
Second from the bottom…cold as ice.
有的时候 就像有上千支蜡烛在烤着我
Sometimes I feel as if a thousand wax tapers were alight.
好像有人在我的脑袋里 放焰火似的 而我…
And people were throwing fireworks inside my brain and I…
我是那么的敏感
I’m so sensitive.
我可以感觉到厚厚床垫下的一片玫瑰叶
I can feel a rose leaf through my mattress.
简短地说
In short.
我就像一部运作精准的机器
I’m a piece of machinery so finely made…
却构建失误
…and curiously put together…
混乱了我的思维
…that it confounds me to think
导致我的诗作只卖♥♥了150份
That I’ve only sold 115 copies of my poem.
不过当然这只不过是一个
But it has to be said this is largely due to what…
针对我的阴谋
…can only be descried as a conspiracy against me.
可格林先生
But Mr Greene surely your work is…
您的作品确实广泛受到年轻人们的欣赏
…widely admired by all the young poets?
包括…
Including dare I say it…
年轻人们只喜欢那些畅销的垃圾
All young writers will turn at any trash that will sell.
我很遗憾地说
It hurts me to say it.
我像热爱生活那样热爱文学
For I love literature, as I love life.
可英国的诗歌♥艺术已经消亡了
But the art of poetry is dead in England.
您这么看?
You think so?
当然了 孩子
Of course… erhm…
我的房♥租
That I have pension…
是…
…of…
每年300镑
…300 pounds a year?
分季度…
paid…

…quarterly…
孤独地只为文学而活
I’d live for literature alone..
我把我的生命献给写作
I’d dedicate myself to fine writing.
可悲哀的是…
But…sadly…
还得付房♥租
It’s necessary to have a pension to do it.
每年差不多300镑
About 300 pounds a year.
分季度付
Paid quarterly.
格林先生 不知道我是否有荣幸…
Mr Greene, I wonder would you be so kind…
就我的作品得到您的意见? -当然
…as to give me your opinion of my efforts?
如果我抽得出时间的话
By all means… If I can find the time.
因为时间就是金钱
For time is money.
我必须用作品换取食物
And I must write to eat.
如果不是为了艺术的话
We’re not in the pursuit of art.
当然我会安排这个300镑的小事务的
Of course I will arrange for the small matter of the 300 pounds.
分季度…
To be paid…
付?
Quarterly?
如您所愿 -我亲爱的朋友
As you wish. – My dear friend.
“情人之死”
‘Death of a lover’.
听好了 我的朋友 这首诗是…
Listen to this my friend. This is the great work
我仁慈的主人…很快就是了… 写的最好的作品 祝贺我吧 我的朋友
Of my gracious host, the soon to be,
他是我的资助者
congratulate me friend, my pension…
“他的心碎了
‘His heart was broken’
一裂为二
‘cleft in two’
被抛弃了 迷失了
‘abandoned, lost’
他能做什么呢?
‘what could he do?’
“结束吧!” 他可怜地呼喊
‘And into this he retched cried’
她说她爱我
‘She said she loved me’
不过她在说谎
‘But she lied’
还有…背叛
‘And so betrayed’
他倒下并死去”
‘He fell and died’.
随他怎么努力吧
Try as he might.
这个附庸风雅的贵族
This gracious noble lord.
会拿笔
Who lifts his pen.
就以为自己会写作
And thinks he then can write.
可他还是不行 谁会创作出好作品…
Cannot, for who can pen.
当他觉得无聊的时候?
When he is bored.
闲暇的时光只可认作琐碎的片段
The mind of leisure only can be trite.
俊俏的绅士维持着对才智平庸的可怜自信
This pretty knight who feebly lifts his sword
虚弱颤抖地手握权剑
To make a witless thrust against his doom.
伴着他高贵的出身一同腐烂
Is foiled by what his noble birth affords
猎犬的吠叫 空荡的房♥间
Dogs, dogs more dogs and far too many rooms.
哪怕富可敌国却与幸福无缘
So fortune smiles on those that own the land
就算眉头紧皱也只得面对枯干的笔尖
And frowns at the trivia from the dabblers hand.
把这个扔到肮脏的粪堆里去
I would like you to drop this in the midst of the filthiest manure.
格林先生的房♥租呢?大人?
And Mr Greene’s pension, sir?
照给 分季度付
Pay it, quarterly.
出国?
Abroad?
作为您的大使 陛下
As your ambassador, your majesty.
大使?
Ambassador?
我明白了 欧洲大♥陆♥的平衡
I see, once the balance of power…
已经被构建起来的时候
…has been established here in Europe.
我们必须把目光投向东方
We must certainly turn our attention to the east.
好吧 奥兰多
Well Orlando.
既然你对与世界那一头国度的交流与娱乐…
I fear you will be quite starved of conversation…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!