当我和露丝刚搬到布鲁克林的时候
When Ruth and I first moved to Brooklyn,
这里根本没什么人
it was like an outpost.
对我们那些住在曼哈顿的朋友来说就好像我们搬到内布拉斯加州一样
To our friends in Manhattan, we might as well have moved to Nebraska.
布鲁克林已经过时了
It was out of fashion,
但对我这种落魄艺术家来说确是个好地方
but a good place for a struggling artist like me.
我们也确实喜欢那儿
And we liked it,
主要是
which was good because–
早上好 我们负担得起
Good morning. it was all we could afford.
拉希姆先生 早上好 早上好 卡佛
Morning, Mr. Rahim. Good morning, Mr. Carver.
早上好 多萝西
Good morning, Dorothy.
明天是个大日子
So, tomorrow’s the big day.
你准备好要搬了 我还不知道
You ready to move? I don’t know.
要是我有机会的话 立马就搬了
I would get out of here in a minute if I could.
哈 你想搬去哪
Ah. Where would you go?
我想搬去哪
Where would I go?
纽约是世界上最棒的城市
New York is the best city in the world!
你好 你好
Hello? Hello?
露丝
Ruth?
就好像参观泰坦尼克遗迹一样
It’s like talking to somebody on the wreck of the Titanic.
露丝
Ruth?
在么 露丝
Hello? Ruth?
露丝
Ruth?
哎 我在干嘛呢
Uh, what am I looking for in here?
我正在失去你
Oh– Uh, I’m losing you.
艾利克斯 别乱晃了 你在门那么 听我说
Alex, stop moving around. Are you near the door? Listen to me. Yeah.
在行李架上 嗯嗯
It’s in the rack. Oh. Mm-hmm.
莉莉要来了 所以我得走了
Yeah. Lily’s coming, so I gotta go.
她在这 回头再说吧 你会没事的
Yeah, she’s here. So I’ll talk to you later. You’ll be fine.
露丝阿姨 我不知道你和艾利克斯是怎么做到的
Aunt Ruth, I don’t know how you and Alex do it.
我都40了 管他呢
I’m 40-whatever, and look at me!
老天 我得
Jesus, I gotta–
我得赶紧锻炼锻炼了 谢谢
I gotta join a gym. Thank you.
打扰了 请问几点了
Uh, excuse me. Where is the Times?
露丝阿姨把这个藏起来
Aunt Ruth, hide this.
明天可有好戏看了
We’re gonna see a lot of action tomorrow.
那是你妈妈给我的
Your mother gave that to me. Well–
我真希望她没抽那么多烟
I wish she hadn’t smoked so much.
现在的人已经不怎么再送骨灰盒了吧
Guess people don’t really give ashtrays as gifts anymore, do they?
我都不知道现在还有骨灰盒这种东西
I don’t know if people even make them anymore.
这些帘子都得拉起来
So, the shades all have to be up. Oh.
光就是钱 记住
Light is money. Remember that.
你觉得会来多少人 我怎么知道
How many people will come, do you think? Who knows.
只要我们相见的人来就行了
But what we want are the serious ones. Oh.
有些人只是看客而已 就喜欢看别人过得怎么样
You always get the lookers, the people who just come to see how other people live.
寻求自我安慰也可能感觉更差 谁知道呢
It makes them feel better about their lives. Or worse. Who knows.
当你想卖♥♥的时候 可得好好好收拾
So, when you’re trying to sell, you don’t want any clutter. Uh-huh.
物以稀为贵
Less is more.
那些书都得扔掉
All the books gotta go away.
契科夫 养狗的妇人
Chekhov. The Lady with the Dog.
这是我最爱讲的故事
This was my favorite story to teach. Uh-huh.
女孩们都喜欢 男孩就没那么喜欢
The girls loved it, but I remember the boys, not so much.
你劝艾利克斯叔叔改变心意了么
Did you get Uncle Alex to change his mind?
他还是持观望态度
Oh. He’s still on the fence about it.
你知道的 艺术家么 现实压力都很大的
But you know artists– too much practicality overwhelms them.
我会再劝他的
Ah. I’ll get him there.
这可是一百万啊
Because, you know, you’re looking at maybe a million dollars.
可以有点小误差
Give or take. Yeah.
两年以前也许更多吧 那时候大鱼吃小鱼
Two years ago it would’ve been more, with the feeding frenzy then.
这区变化不少
Neighborhood’s changed a lot.
现在多酷 到处都是嬉皮士
It’s cool now, filled with hipsters.
还越来越上流化了
And gentrifiers.
婴儿车都要和车一样贵了
Mothers with baby strollers that cost as much as a Chevy.
那些银行家丈夫们 天天就埋着头打电♥话♥
And their banker husbands, their heads buried in their smartphones.
一边过马路一边卖♥♥股票和债券 我可不觉得是个好主意
Crossing the street while you’re trading stocks and bonds doesn’t seem that smart to me.
走路当心点
Hey! Watch where
you’re goin’!
我们社区还开了一家whole food
The neighborhood’s just got itself a Whole Foods.
我们现在就差一个工业现代化的最终标志了
All it needs now is the ultimate sign of modern civilization–
苹果专卖♥♥店
an Apple store.
但至少还是正在改变的
But as much as it’s changing,
我会想念这个地方的
I’m gonna miss this place.
走吧 多萝西 走吧 宝贝
Come on, Dorothy. Come on, baby. Come on.
走吧 听话
Come on now. Come on. That’s a good girl.
卡佛早上好 嗨 艾瑞卡
Good morning, Mr. Carver. Oh, hi, Erica.
你都准备好了明天展示这房♥子么 差不多了吧
Are you all ready for the open house? – Uh, I guess so.
现在的市场行情已经完全不是几年前的模样了
It’s not the same market it was a few years ago, you know.
我们只是来试一试
Well, we’re just testing the water.
明天一早你肯定就会想
What you’re gonna want to do tomorrow first thing, when you wake up–
什么 把这个打开炖
Mm-hmm? Turn this on and let it simmer.
给这公♥寓♥增添点家的感觉
Gives the whole apartment a homey feel. Okay.
每次都管用 嗯
Works every time. Mmm.
好吧
Well–
希望明天很多人会喜欢这公♥寓♥
Let’s hope a lot of people are gonna love this apartment tomorrow.
这地方很适合年轻人 就那楼梯
This is a young people’s building, you know. The stairs?
得了吧
Come on.
你累了
I know you’re tired.
我也累了 走吧
So am I. Come on.
我知道 走吧
I know. Come on.
让我试试
Here. Let me try it.
我知道怎么开门 但是
I know how to put a key in the door, but–
知道了
Got it.
你在干嘛呢
What are you doing?
你觉得我在干嘛呢
What does it look like I’m doing?
把新娘抱进门
Carrying my bride across the threshold.
什么新娘 你都结婚两年了
What bride? We’ve been married two years.
你还喜欢我们的婚姻么
You still like it?
喜欢么
Like it?
我爱死了
I love it.
看看这些灯
Oh, look at all this light.
嗨 我是艾利克斯 卡佛
Hi. I’m Alex Carver.
我和我妻子刚搬进来
My wife and I, we just moved in.
那你没有 奥
And you didn’t when– Oh!
嗨 艾利克斯 嗨多萝西
Hey, Alex! Hey, Dorothy! Hey.
散步开心么 宝贝
Did you have a good walk, sweetie?
明天大日子 你都准备好了么
Big day tomorrow. You all set? Yes.
这是什么味道 肉桂
What is that smell? – Oh, that’s cinnamon.
给这公♥寓♥增添点家的气氛 闻起来像妓院是的
It gives the place a homey feel. – Smells like a whorehouse.
真的么 是
Is that a fact? Yes.
妓院闻起来是什么味道啊 就这个味道
And what does a whorehouse smell like, sir? Well, it smells like this.
那我九点就带第一对夫妻来 斯查勒夫妇
So, I’m gonna be bringing the first couple, the Schuylers, by at 9:00 a.m.
九点
9:00 a.m.
你怎么不六点就来 艾利克斯别这样 你都保证过了
Why not 6:00? Oh, come on, Alex, please. You promised.
所以明天我们要接待很多人了
So, we could be getting a lot of people here tomorrow,
你能打扫一下你的工作室就更好了
and if you could tidy up your studio, it would be great.
本来不错的屋子 就是太乱了
It’s such a wonderful room, but it looks smaller than it is with all the clutter.
就是乱
Anyway– Clutter.
会打扫好的 谢谢 莉莉
It’s gonna be great! Good. Thanks, Lily.
哈德利能等等么 交给我了
Can hardly wait. – I’m the man!
再见 莉莉
Bye, Lily.
你应该对她好点 她帮了我们不少忙 她太能说了
You could be nice to her. She’s done a lot of work for us. She talks too much.
这点我倒不否认
Well, I can’t disagree with that.
这屋子做我的工作室已经四十多年了
This room has been my studio for more than 40 years.
明年我在那个屋子里画画啊
What room will I be painting in next year?
还能有风景看么
Will it have a view?
都不知道还有没有窗户
Will it even have a window?
我觉得这些应该放到那儿去 亲爱的
I think these could go over here, honey.
好吧 这儿 这儿 我来拿
All right, here. Here. I’ll take it. I’ll take it.
好的
All right. Oh!
你没事 没事
You okay? Okay. I got it.
露丝 怎么了
Ruth. What?
我们不该把这房♥子卖♥♥掉 那你说怎么办呢 艾利克斯

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!