We’re making a mistake. What do you want me to do, Alex?
都已经板上钉钉的事儿了
I mean, it’s already in the paper.
我只是不想让莉莉对我们就像对她妈妈一样
I just don’t want Lily to railroad us like she did her mother.
那是因为萨拉生病了好么
That’s because Sarah was sick. Please.
那我们去哪呢 我明白了
Well, where will we go? Oh, I see.
一百万 我们想去哪就去哪
Well, with a million dollars, frankly, we could go anywhere.
也许我们能有一百万
We might get a million dollars.
我们再找个和这个差不多的地方也得花个一百万
Anyway, it’ll cost a million dollars to get another place like this.
更别说搬家和中介等其他费用了
Not to mention the cost of moving and selling.
那我们就去房♥子便宜的地方 我可不想离开纽约
Then we’ll go where the houses are cheaper. – No way we can leave New York.
我们不是要离开纽约
We’re not going to leave New York.
我们需要的就是给你找个能画画的地方 最好有个电梯
No, all we need is a place for you to paint and an elevator.
我上楼梯可比莉莉利索多了
I handle the stairs better than Lily does.
当然了 你明白的亲爱的
Sure, you do now, honey. But…
以后怎么办
what about later?
我也不知道
Well, I don’t know.
我读过一些关于这种开放参观房♥子的东西
You know, I– I read about these open houses.
有的人会偷东西
Uh-huh. People steal things.
好 我把家具都钉到地板上行吧
Okay, I will nail the furniture to the floor.
行么
All right?
我不喜欢那种别人来我家指手画脚的感觉
Don’t like the idea of all those people in here, poking through our things.
你不用非呆在这 你可以出去走走
You do not have to be here. You can take a walk.
你可以去看个电影 我说不定真去呢
You can go see a movie. Well, I might do that.
我们就是试试而已
We’re just dipping our toes into the water. That’s all.
不会贸然做任何决定的
Nobody’s making any commitments.
谁也不会
Nobody.
怎么了亲爱的
What’s the matter, sweetheart? What happened?
怎么了 艾利克斯
What’s wrong? – Alex–
多萝西有点不大对劲 怎么了
Something’s wrong with Dorothy. What?
怎么了 她在发抖
What’s the matter? She’s shaking.
她在发抖 我一碰她 她还尖叫
She’s shaking, and then when I picked her up she screamed.
到底怎么了 我觉得她不舒服
What’s the matter, girl? I think she’s in pain.
也许我们该带她去兽医那看看
Maybe we should, I don’t know, take her to the vet.
也许没事
It’s probably nothing. No?
还记得去年我们花了700大洋 就查出她胀气而已么
Remember last year? Cost us $700 to find out she had gas.
别走太快 你会摔下去的
Don’t try to go so fast. You’re gonna fall down these steps.
我不会摔下去的 她在发抖因为她不开心
I’m not gonna fall down. She’s shaking because she’s upset.
就这种情况我们正需要电梯
I think we could use an elevator. Don’t you, at this point?
我觉得也是 可惜我们没有
I guess we could, but we don’t have one.
怎么了 我觉得是她的背部疼
What happened? – We think it’s her back.
要出租车么 是的 谢谢
You want a cab? Yeah, please.
Please.
出租车
Taxi!
那边起火了么
Is there a fire?
他们说有辆油罐车堵在威廉姆斯伯格桥上了
They say that there is a gasoline truck stuck on the Williamsburg Bridge.
每天就得发生点事
Always something, isn’t it?
谢谢你 拉希姆先生 不客气
Thank you, Mr. Rahim. You’re welcome. You’re welcome.
祝你的狗早日康复
Good luck with the dog.
那破车占了两个车道
The tanker is blocking two lanes. Pop ]
是的 布瑞恩 全曼哈顿都堵了现在
That’s right, Brian. All Manhattan-bound traffic is stuck right now–
是在说桥上的情况么
Are they talking about the bridge? – ��
音乐关小点行么 谢谢
Could you turn the music down, please? Yes, please. Thank you.
威廉姆斯伯格大桥出状况了
…has jackknifed on the Williamsburg Bridge.
市长几分钟前刚发表了讲话
A few minutes ago, the mayor made a statement…
请大家避免不必要的交通
urging people to avoid all but essential traveling–
我还是什么也没听见 什么
I still don’t hear anything. What? What?
你是不是忘记带助听器了 有些油罐车停在上面了
Did you forget your hearing aid? Some tanker’s stuck on the bridge.
我就听到这些
That’s all I’m hearing.
市长现在说今晚希望人们都别进城
Now the mayor’s telling people not to come into the city tonight.
我们是不是应该走隧♥道♥呢
Shouldn’t we have taken the tunnel?
没门 全乱套了 哪都走不了
Nah. No way. Everything’s a mess.
你的狗怎么了
Hey, uh, what’s with your dog?
我也不知道
Actually, we don’t know.
也许他吃了个塑料袋
Maybe he ate a plastic bag.
我的狗就吃过一次 当时病的很严重
My dog did that once. Yeah, he got real sick.
非常抱歉
Oh, I’m sorry.
谢谢 给你
Okay, thank you. There you go.
零钱就不要了 终于到我们了
Keep the change. Oh, God. Here we go.
祝你的狗早日康复 明早你就知道她是不是吃了塑料袋了
Good luck with the dog. You’ll find out in the morning if she ate a bag.
我没问题的 真的么 好吧
I got it, I got it. You got it? Okay.
你想我来抱她么 不我自己来
You want me to carry her? No, no, I’ve got her.
没事的 宝贝
It’s okay, sweetie. We’re almost there.
好的 宝贝
Okay, sweetie– Oh, my God.
你没事吧 没事
You all right? Yeah, I’m all right.
我在厨房♥看见她躺在自己尿里 我把她抱起来 她就尖叫
I found her on the kitchen floor in her own urine, and when I picked her up, she screamed.
你明白么 明白
Do you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
好的 多萝西 我们来检查一下 你怎么了
Okay, Dorothy, let’s see what’s going on here.
可能是腰椎间盘破裂 不过我们做扫描看看
It’s highly probable it’s a ruptured disk, but we’ll need to do a CAT scan.
猫咪扫描 是的
CAT scan? Yeah.
是不是很贵 艾利克斯
Is that expensive? – Alex! Alex.
我就是问问 露丝
I’m just asking, Ruth.
反正不便宜 卡佛先生
It’s not cheap, Mr. Carver.
大搞多少钱 1000美金左右吧
How much? Uh, around $1,000.

Oh.
好的
Okay. Yeah, okay.
我们马上就做
We should do this right away.
好的
Yeah. Fine.
好吧
Good. Okay.
多萝西 会没事的
Okay, Dorothy. It’s okay. Okay, Dorothy.
你觉得他们真的能治好她么
Do you really think they can fix a ruptured disk?
谁知道呢
Who knows.
我们也要做好最坏的准备 别这么说
We just have to be ready for the worst. Don’t s– Don’t say that.
艾利克斯 她都十岁了
Please, Alex. She’s 10 years old.
我知道 十岁也没那么老
I know. But 10’s not that old.
你比她还老呢
You’re older than her in dog years.
谢谢
Thanks.
腰椎在T13和L1中间的位置
The rupture is between T13 and L1.
大概在脊髓三分之二那的地方
It’s about two-thirds down her spine.
这种情况最好做手术
Usually, this type of injury is best with, uh, surgery.
万一你治不好呢
What if you can’t fix it?
动物适应能力很强的
Well, animals adapt very well to new challenges.
我见过狗狗瘫痪的
I’ve seen dogs with paralysis…
靠轮椅生活的很好
live a full life with the use of wheels.
轮椅 是的
Wheels? Yeah.
先别想那么多
But look, let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
我们会给她类固醇的 你该回家了
We’ll keep her on the steroids. And in the meantime, you should go home.
明天早上我们会给你打电♥话♥
We’ll call you in the morning.
我不想把她自己留在这
I wish we didn’t have to leave her overnight.
别想这么多
Try not to put yourself in her place.
动物比我们更能接受命运
Animals adapt to their fates more easily than we do.
他们根本不记得发生了什么
They don’t remember what was. Okay.
他们能接受事情
They deal with things as they are now.
我们该告诉他我们愿意做到哪一步么
Should we tell him how far we’re willing to go?
你在说什么呢 你什么意思
What are you talking about? What do you mean?
我们得现实点 我们不能花那么多钱
I mean, we have to be realistic, Ruth. We can only spend so much.
你也听见医生说的了 动物们都是能接受现实 活在当下的
And you heard what the doctor said. Animals live in the now.
这对多萝西不公平
And it might not even be fair to Dorothy. Uh-huh.
你得这么想 什么
You might want to consider this. Wait– What?
我明天给你打电♥话♥ 谢谢 医生
I’ll call you tomorrow. Thank you, Doctor.
你好 哪位 这是国家税务局
I’m sorry, but what is that? This is a DNR.
别挂 你 等一下
Do Not Resuscitate. Wh– What are you t– Wait a min– Oh!
露丝 不
Ruth. No.
你干嘛要填那个表 我们要现实点 露丝
Why did you sign that form? We have to be practical, Ruth.
但不该你一个人决定 我们已经尽力了
But it’s not your decision to make. We have to do everything we can for her.
我们还会更尽力的 万一已经真的没希望了呢
And we will! But what if there isn’t anything we can do?
总会有希望的 艾利克斯
There’s always something to do, Alex.
这也许是为了她好呢
Just think it might be the kindest thing for her. Yeah?
那我问你 为什么总要把所有事情往坏处想呢
Let me ask you this. Why do you always assume everything is gonna go wrong?
我是做好最坏的打算 希望出现最好的结果
Because I plan for the worst and I hope for the best.
你觉得结婚四十年后 我不明白这一点么
You think I don’t know that after 40 years of marriage? For Pete’s sake.
我们这事都讨论过无数次了
We’ve had this same damn discussion for a thousand times.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!