“You know where to find me. A.”
我猜所有收件人…
And I’m assuming all of these names here are–
伯迪杰 杜克科迪 克莱尔狄贝拉 莱昂内尔图桑
Birdie Jay, Duke Cody, Claire Debella and Lionel Toussaint.
那帮脑残
The Shitheads.
她发了邮件 没一个人回
She sends that email, nobody writes back anything,
结果转天她就吞了安♥眠♥药♥
and then the next day, she’s dead in the garage
死在车♥库♥里了
with sleeping pills in her system?
我搜遍了她房♥间的每个角落
I searched every inch of every room in her house,
猜猜什么不见了
and guess what wasn’t there?
那个红信封
The red envelope.
有意思
Compelling.
谷歌♥说你是世界上最好的侦探
Google said you are the world’s greatest detective.
我这样的人 遇到这种事
Somebody like me, takes something like this
如果要对付一伙律师成群的有钱人…
about a group of rich folk with an army full of lawyers–
但如果有机会让他们独处
But if one was to get ’em alone,
过一个与世隔绝的周末 同时用你的话说
isolated for a weekend with, in your words,
派出世界上最好的侦探…
the world’s greatest detective…
你想雇我去岛上
You wanna hire me to go to that island.
这主意很蠢吧
It’s a stupid idea, right?
听着 我得说清楚 好吗
Listen, I want to be clear, huh?
我不是蝙蝠侠
I am not Batman.
我能查明真♥相♥ 搜集证据
I can find you the truth, I can gather evidence,
呈给警方和法庭
I can present it to the police and the courts, but…
但我的权限到此为止
…that is where my jurisdiction ends.
是 但你做总比我做好 我愿意赌一把
Yeah, but it’s you doing it instead of me. I’ll take those odds.
我没看见你姐姐死亡的新闻
I’ve not seen your sister’s death in the news.
-你发声明了吗 -没有
-Did you release a statement? -No.
靠 我应该这么做
Shit. Was I supposed to?
我不清楚相关流程
I don’t know how this works.
你也没通知其他家庭成员 你姐姐的死讯 另外…
And you have no other family member who was informed of the death and…
如果我托关系
Oh, if I pulled a few strings,
我能让消息再压…一个星期
I could keep it from leaking to the press for another… week?
也许 这…
Maybe, that’s…
不 太鲁莽了 不行…
No, that’s outrageous. That wouldn’t…

Well, now…
不 这…对 布兰德小姐
Wow. No, that… Yes. Miss Brand.
无论你进我家时 对我怀着怎样的敬意
Any feelings of reverence or respect that you had for me
现在请把你的敬意升级
when you crossed my threshold, buttress those feelings now.
升级
Buttress them.
我提议你跟我一起去小岛 但你要
I am proposing that you come with me to that island
扮成你姐姐
as your sister.
扮成卡桑德拉布兰德
As Cassandra Brand.
什么 不 我雇你去
What? No. No, no, no, I’m hiring you to go.
我…我不…你疯了吗
I… I’m not… Are you insane?
我的疯狂已经升级了
Buttress now. Yes.
著名侦探突然现身
A famous detective shows up
然后开始打探你姐姐的消息 他们的嘴巴
and out of the blue, starts poking the subject of your sister,
会闭得紧紧的
they’ll shut up like a clam.
你在岛上现身是必不可少的催化剂
Your presence on that island is the essential catalyst.
-不 拜托 -升级
-Oh, no, come on, man. -Buttress.
我在努力升级 但这听起来太疯狂了
Yeah, I’m trying real hard to buttress, but this sounds nuts.
但只有这个办法
But it is the only way that this works.
看看我 他们会一眼看出我不是她
Look at me. They’ll know instantly that I’m not her.
你换个发型 穿上她的衣服
You’ll cut your hair. You’ll wear her clothes.
你真觉得我能钻进那种衣服
Oh, you really think I can fit into that shit?
-我的头发怎么办 -我认识一个人
-And what about my hair? -I know a guy.
还有 如果他们不知道
Now, why would anyone suspect
你姐姐死了 他们怎么会想到是你扮成你姐姐
you showing up, playing your sister, when they don’t know your sister is dead?

Right.
他们不知道安迪死了
They don’t know Andi is dead.
他们怎么会有所怀疑呢
So why would they suspect anything?
-你进行调查 -是 你只需露面
-And you’ll do the inspecting? -Yes, I will. You just have to be there.
布兰克先生…这安全吗
Mr. Blanc, is… Is this safe?

No. No.
有一个人知道你的真♥相♥
One person will know the truth about you.
从你到的那一刻起 他就知道你是谁
From the moment you arrive on that island, the killer will know who you are
你想干什么
and what you are doing.
他会毫不犹豫地 再次出手杀人来掩藏罪行
And they certainly wouldn’t hesitate to kill again if it covers their tracks.
我是侦探 海伦 不是保镖
I’m… I’m a detective, Helen. I’m not a bodyguard.
抱歉 我没法帮你
I’m sorry. I can’t help you.

No.
这帮脑残中的一个杀了我姐姐
One of those shitheads killed my sister.
你真的觉得我们能抓到这个混♥蛋♥吗
Do you really think we can get the son of a bitch?
天哪
Well, my goodness.
我真不该过来 太疯狂了 但我来了 咱们开始吧
I shouldn’t be here. This is nuts. But I’m here. So let’s do this.
-喝点什么吗 -你需要喝杯酒
-Drink? -You need a drink.
不 我不喝酒 我来杯咖啡
Oh, no, I don’t drink. I’ll have some coffee.
好的
All right.
安迪的日记
Andi’s journals.
好 你继续研究日记 这样 明天
Good, you keep studying them. Okay, so… Tomorrow.
我先到
I’ll get there early.
先用我的南方口音 跟他们瞎套套近乎 让他们卸下防备
Really lay on some Southern hokum, get them all off guard.
你在船上 要冷淡
On the boat… be cold.
-不要参与对话 -我晕船
Don’t engage in conversation. -Okay, I’m not great on boats.
你会没事的
-Oh, you’ll be fine.
记住 富婆的口吻 安迪的姿态
Just remember, Rich Bitch voice. Andi posture.
我录下了她的TED演讲 一直在研究
I have all of her TED Talks on this, and I’ve been studying ’em.
很好
Good.
“狗又吃了鱼子酱”
-The dog ate the caviar.
这就对了
-There you go.
你之前说要调查这些人的动机
So, you said you were gonna be researching these folks for motive.
你查到什么了吗
Did you find anything?
查到了
Yes, I did.
但查到的是他们每个人 想杀死迈尔斯布隆的动机
But motives for each of them to want Miles Bron dead.
那他们为什么杀了她来保护迈尔斯
Now why would they kill her to protect him?
我不明白
I just don’t get it.
如果是迈尔斯干的呢
What about Miles? What if he just did it?
是 也不能排除这个可能 但迈尔斯布隆不是傻子
Well, we can’t rule it out, but Miles Bron is not an idiot.
之前庭审引起广泛关注 这时候杀人
To risk committing murder after a very public court case,
有可能曝光安迪的邮件
with the possibility of that email of Andi’s coming to light,
这么做就太蠢了
would be an exceedingly stupid thing to do.
尤其如果有人愿意替他这么做
Especially if someone was willing to do it for him.
好了 给我讲讲这些日记
Come on. Walk me through these journals.

Okay.
(安迪布兰德)
大约十年前 在他们成功前
About ten years ago, before they all hit it big,
他们经常去这个酒吧
they used to hang together at this bar.
迈尔斯是这群人的头
And Miles was leader of the pack?
不 安迪才是
No. Andi was.
他们都是安迪的朋友
They were all friends with Andi.
伯迪是个过气的模特
Birdie was a washed-up model.
杜克只知道打电竞比赛
Duke was a nerd doing video game tournaments.
克莱尔刚输掉市议会竞选
Claire just lost a race for city council.
莱昂内尔是代课老师
Lionel was a substitute teacher.
他们当时都30多岁 事业不顺
All of them run aground in their thirties.
但安迪看出了他们的潜力 找到了他们
But Andi saw their potentials. She found them all.
然后她找到了迈尔斯 把他介绍给了这群人
Then she found Miles. Introduced him to the group.
这是迈尔斯
This is Miles.
-很高兴见到你 -嗨 哥们
-Hey, nice to meet you. -Hey, bro.
我喜欢你的发型
I love your hair.
-但一开始没人喜欢他 -…比他活得还长…
…outlive the person… At first, nobody liked him.
他说了一些话
He’d say stuff like…
我想创造出
I want to be responsible for something
能跟蒙娜丽莎相提并论的作品 成为永恒
that gets talked about in the same breath as the Mona Lisa. Forever.
这是什么意思
What does that even mean?
意思是不朽
It just means immortality.
他想创造出持久的东西
He wants to create something that feels lasting, that feels–
他的第一个项目是在电影网站上 推广足底按♥摩♥
His first venture was Moviefone for foot massages.
-成功了吗 -没有
-Did it work? -No!
听着 咱们先配合他
Okay, listen, let’s just roll with it.
顺着他 看看情况如何
Let’s humor him. Let’s see where it goes. Let’s see what happens.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!