所携带的信息也互相矛盾
…by carrying conflicting information.
就好比是你车上装了两个油料表
It’s as if you have two fuel gauges on your car.
他们测量的是同样多的燃料
They’re studying the same amount of fuel…
不过一个说你的油箱满了 另一个却显示说空了
…but one says your tank is full, the other registers empty.
它们不可能都是对的
They can’t both be right.
而你作为驾驶者 不可能直接接触到燃料槽
And you as the driver have only an indirect relationship to the fuel tank…
或者油料表
…via the gauges.
那么 这些说明什么?
So, what does all this mean?
这个嘛 我相信你早就知道了
Well, I’m sure you know already.
你已经经历过了这些 只不过不知道它的原因和名称而已
You’ve been experiencing it without knowing why or what it is.
我头部的两个半脑
Two hemispheres of my brain…
相互竞争?
…are competing?
没错
-Yes. -Yes.
可是为什么?
But why?
D物质
Substance D.
它经常导致这种结果 这是试验证实了的
It often causes that, functionally, and this is what the tests confirm.
通常由左半脑控制的区域产生了损害
Damage has taken place to the normally dominant left hemisphere…
右半脑试图进行弥补
…and the right hemisphere is attempting to compensate.
我们称之为“交叉现象”
Crosscutting, we call it…
与大脑分♥裂♥现象有关
…related to split-brain phenomenon.
我们可以施行一次半脑切除术
We could perform a right hemispherectomy…
可是我
…but I’d–
这个会痊愈吗?
Will this ever go away?
也许 这是功能性损伤
Probably. It’s a functional impairment.
也可能是器官性损伤
It may be organic damage.
有可能是永久性的
It may be permanent.
时间久了就知道了 不过那要等你 戒掉D物质之后很长一段时间
Time will tell, and only after you’ve been off Substance D for a long while.
我这辈子再也不沾D物质了
I’ll never take Substance D again for the rest of my life.
你现在为止吃了多少?
How much are you taking now?
不太多
Not much.
最近更多的是由于工作压力
More, recently, because of job stress.
死亡就藏身在胜利之中
Death is swallowed up in victory.
看吧 我现在就告诉你这个神圣的秘密
Behold, I tell you the sacred secret now:
我们都应当在死亡中沉睡
You shall not all sleep in death.
我们明天晚上将收拾半个南加州
We’ll do the other half of Southern California tomorrow night.
范登堡的空军军♥火♥库 将遭到自动武器的袭击
The Air Force arsenal at Vandenberg will be hit for automatic weapons–
炭疽病毒怎么办? 那可是中东人替我们弄来的
What about that anthrax Anwar ripped off for us?
我们什么时候去? 我们不是要将东西带到分水岭区吗?
When do we–? Aren’t we supposed to carry the stuff to the watershed area–?
我们得先弄到武器
We need the weapons first.
在水源里下药将是B计划
Drugs in the water supply is step B.
好吧 但是我要走了 我还有客人呢
Okay, but I gotta go. I got a customer.
我还可以辩认出上述的恐♥怖♥分♥子♥据点
I can also identify the aforementioned terrorist cell.
根据我全程的观察 已经可以确认了
It’s indicated throughout the course of my observations.
你还有别的这类材料吗? 还是就只有这盘录像带了
Do you have any more material of this sort, or is this tape substantially it?
不 这种东西我多的是
No, I have a veritable cornucopia…
很多都与这个组织 和它的幕后人物直接相关
…and much of it is directly referencing the organization and its directives.
幕后人物是谁?什么组织?
Who are these people? What organization?
主要是亚科特和哈佛儿
It is primarily Arctor and Hawthorne.
我这儿有一份加密文件 你们也许会感兴趣
I have coded notes here, which may be of some interest to you.
我个人的密♥码♥很难
I– My own cryptology is very difficult to–
现在我要将所有这些都扣留
As of now I’m impounding all of this.
暂时这些归我们所有 我们会自己进行整理的
It is our property temporarily, and we will sort through it ourselves.
你将在场向我们提供解释
You will be on hand to explain anything to us…
只要我们觉得需要 什么事需要你来解释的话
…if and when we get to the point where we feel we need anything explained.
柏瑞斯先生 在我们研究这份材料期间 你将不会获得释放
Mr. Barris, you will not be released pending our study of this material.
你将会被起诉 通过这一手段将你留在这里
You will be charged, as a formality, to keep you available…
罪名是向政♥府♥提供虚假情报
…with knowingly giving the authorities false information.
这些当然只是借口 为了你的安全着想
This, of course, is just a pretext for your own safety.
我一直都想去加拉帕戈斯度假
I always wanted to go to the Galapagos–
– 这样你满意了吗 柏瑞斯先生? – 不完全满意
-Is that satisfactory, Mr. Barris? -Not entirely.
我还想 在我被拘禁期间
Though I wonder, when I’m locked down…
能不能给我一些沐浴液 或者是
…may I be provided with some lotion, and perhaps some…?
那么 你对柏瑞斯的证据怎么看?
So, what do you think of Barris’ evidence?
看起来他打的主意是 我们听到的东西不多
Seems like what he played– The little we heard anyway.
但是对我来说比较真实
–sounded pretty genuine to me.
全是捏造的 毫无用处
It’s fake. Worthless.
在个人电脑上做出来的
Made on a home computer.
也许你是对的
Maybe you’re right.
你拿的是我的医疗报告吗?
Is that my medical report you have there?
是啊
Yep.
上面说什么?
What does it say?
说你已经彻头彻尾地疯了
That you’re completely bonkers.
彻头彻尾?
Completely?
可能还剩两个脑细胞正常
There’s maybe two brain cells that still light up.
剩下的完全
Rest is just…
就像是到处短路 火花四溅的电路板
…short circuits and sparks.
两个?
Two?
听着 等你去领下一次的支票时
Listen, when you go to pick up your next paycheck…
这回的数目将完全不一样
…there will be a substantial difference this time.
我为此而领到什么奖金了吗?
I get some sort of bonus for this–?
因为在职期间发生了这种事?
For this having happened to me on duty?
不 你去读读刑法吧
No. Read your penal code.
“一名警官自愿成为吸毒者 而且没有正确地汇报
揂n officer who willingly becomes an addict and doesn’t report it promptly…
将会受到轻罪指控
…is subject to a misdemeanor charge…
处以罚金 同时可追加六个月刑期”
…a fine, and/or six months. ?
你大概会没事吧
You’ll probably just be fined.
自愿?
Willingly?
没有人拿枪指着 你的脑袋逼你注射毒品
No one held a gun to your head and shot you up.
没有人偷偷在你汤里下药
No one dropped something in your soup.
你明明知情并且 自愿服用了致瘾毒品
You knowingly and willingly took an addictive drug…
导致大脑损伤 功能紊乱
…brain-destructive and disorienting.
我不得不这么做
I had to.
你可以假装着吃
You could have pretended to.
大多数警官都知道该怎么应付
Most officers manage to cope with it.
还有 从你服用的剂量来看
And from the quantities you were taking… .
天啊 弗雷德 我都
My God, Fred, I… .
嘿 你知道如果我是你的话会怎么做?
Hey, you know what I would do if I were you?
一旦你离开了新通路 等这些都完了之后
Once you get out of New Path and, you know, it’s all over–
可是这些永远不会完
But it may never be over.
抽烟吗?
Cigarette?
我戒掉了 所有一切
I’m getting off that too. Everything.
连巧克力也是 嗯
Including chocolate. Yeah.
还有
And… .
正如我跟我孩子说的
Like I tell my kids… .
我有两个孩子 两个都是女儿
I’ve got two kids. Two girls.
都很小
Little ones.
我不认为你有
I don’t believe you do.
你不应该有
You’re not supposed to.
也许没有吧
Maybe not.
听着 你有什么特别想去的地方吗?
Listen, is there anywhere specific you’d like to go?
也许去唐娜哈佛儿那儿
Maybe over to Donna Hawthorne’s place?
从你带回来的信息来看 你们俩好像挺亲密的
From the information you brought in, sounds like you guys are pretty close.
是的 我们是
Yes, we are.
你怎么知道这个?
How’d you know that?
排除法
Process of elimination.
我知道你不可能是谁?
I know who you aren’t…
我们讨论的又只是那么一丁点人
…and we’re talking about a very small group of people…
希望他们能带着我们挖得更深
…that we hoped would lead us higher.
也许柏瑞斯会做到的
And maybe Barris will.
我很早以前就推理出你是亚科特
I pieced it together a long time ago that you’re Arctor.
我是谁?
I’m who?
我是鲍勃亚科特?
I’m Bob Arctor?
喂 给我拨唐娜哈佛儿的号♥码
Yeah, get me Donna Hawthorne’s number…
或者等你找到她以后替我接过去
…or just patch me through when you locate her.
谢谢了
Thanks.
兄弟 你的状况非常糟糕 老友
Bud, you are in a very bad way, my friend.
也许杰姆柏瑞斯给你下毒了
Maybe Jim Barris poisoned you.
我们感兴趣的其实是柏瑞斯 不是你
We’re really interested in Barris, not you.
在整间屋子装扫描仪只是为了监视他
The whole scanning of the house was to keep an eye on him.
我们希望能把他引来这里 我们做到了
We hoped to draw him here, and we did.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!