我认为 任何语言的一美元都是一美元
To me, a dollar was a dollar in any language.
那是我到达阿根廷后的第一晚
It was my first night in the Argentine.
当时并不了解阿根廷人
and I didn’t know much about the local citizens.
但是我知道不应该
But I knew about American sailors.
和美国水手混在一起
and I knew I’d better get out of there.
把双手举起来
Put your hands up. Up!
快走
Get going.
这种手杖用起来很顺手
A cane like that can come in handy.
它是最忠实的朋友
It is a most faithful and obedient friend.
我要它安静便安静
It is silent when I wish to be silent.
我要它说话便说话
It talks when I wish to talk.
那就是你所谓的朋友?
That’s your idea of a friend?
对 那才是我心目中的朋友
That is my idea of a friend.
你一定活得很快乐
You must lead a gay life.
我爱怎么生活就怎么生活
I lead the life I like to lead.
– 你真幸运 – 是我自己运气好
– You’re a lucky man. – I make my own luck.
你在这儿做什么?
What are you doing in a neighborhood like this?
– 让你活着 – 不要太过
– I came down to save your life. – Don’t overdo it.
他只是想要钱
He wouldn’t have killed me if I had given him the money.
但你不会给他
But you wouldn’t have given him the money.
我不会给他
Mmm, I don’t think I would.
你怎样得到的?
How did you get it?
– 得到什么 – 那些差点让你死掉的钱
– Get what? – The money you would have died for.
– 赌博赢的 – 在这儿分手吧
– Gambling. – I’ll leave you here.
– 好 谢谢 – 请
– Oh, thanks. – Pleasure.
我会报答你的
I’ll do the same for you sometime.
救我一命?
Save my life?
给你一根烟
Give you a cigarette.
凭着你的运气
With your luck,
不如试试真正的赌局?
why don’t you go where there’s some real gambling?
在布宜诺斯艾利斯是犯法的
I thought it was illegal in Buenos Aires.

Oh, it is.
原来 就像在家乡
Oh, I see. Just like home.
在城另一边有间赌场
There’s a casino about a half hour the other side of town.
– 这是钥匙 – 谢谢
– Here’s the key. – Thanks.
– 别去 – 为何不去?
– But don’t go. – Why not?
你不能使用自己的骰子
They won’t let you use your own dice.
你怎么知道我有?
Well, I didn’t think it showed.
我跟你一样 希望好运常伴
A man who makes his own luck, as I do, recognizes another’s.
还有 他们不让没打领带的人进场
In any event, they wont let you in without a tie.
那点污迹不是在你鼻子上的
The spot is not on your nose yet.
他是谁?
Who’s he?
闲荡的人
A loafer.
要些适合上等人的高级香水吗?
Would you like a fine perfume suitable for nobility?
不用 谢了
No, thanks.
我们有软如生丝的蜜粉
We have a talcum powder as soft as rose silk.
不用 谢了
No, thanks.
– 要毛巾吗? – 谢谢
Towel? – Yeah. Thank you.
她是谁?
Hey. Who’s she?
贪婪的人
A harpy.
你认为我是什么样的人?
Well, how would you classify me?
土包子
Peasaut.
来玩游戏吧 女士们
Faites vos jeux. mesdames.
来玩游戏吧 先生们
Faites vos jeux. messieurs.
来玩游戏吧
Faites vos jeux.
快下注 各位女士 先生
Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen.
各位女士 先生 快下注
Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets.
女士们 先生们 来玩游戏吧
Mesdames et messieurs. Faites vos jeux.
来玩游戏吧 女士们 先生们
Faites vos jeux. mesdames et messieurs.
快下注 各位女士 先生
Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen. Place your bets.
来玩游戏吧 女士们 先生们
Faites vos jeux. mesdames et messieurs. Faites vos jeux.
我买♥♥二号♥ 一千彼索
Number two. A thousand pesos.
下定离手
No more bets.
黑色 二号♥
Number two. Black.
黑色的
Numero deux Noir
二号♥
Number two.
各位女士 先生 快下注
Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen. Place your bets.
快下注
Place your bets.
给我两个筹码
Two chips.
一千彼索 先生
A thousand pesos, sir.
我要切牌 – 什么?
– Cut. – What?
– 下注者随时可切牌 – 当然
– Players allowed to cut at any time. – Of course.
一千彼索
A thousand pesos.
切牌
Cut.
切牌
Cut.
我创造了好运
As usual, I made my own luck.
但该见好就收
And I knew just when to stop letting it ilde.
老兄 经理想见你
Hey, bud. The director wants to see you.
这儿也有布鲁克林桥吗?
Is Brooklyn across the river here too?
快走
Vamos.
– 你好 – 谢谢 土包子
– Hey. – Thanks, peasant.
他在哪儿?
Where is he?
别担心 他会来的
Don’t worry, bub. He’ll be here.
我可以给你们一千彼索
How’d you like a thousand pesos apiece?
你不能收买♥♥我们 你麻烦大了
You don’t buy your way out of this, bub. You’re in trouble.
等一下
Oh, now, wait a minute.
凯西 许塔 好了
All right, Casey, Huerta.
有好朋友的人
Well, well. The little man with the sharp friend.
我说过 别带你的骰子来
I told you not to bring your own dice.
你又说了一遍
Well, well again.
你昨晚真的耍了我
You really had me fooled last night.
本以为你只是个普通人
I thought you were somebody.
想不到 你竟然是这家赌场的经理
I didn’t think you’d just be the manager of a gambling joint.
我叫巴林·芒森
My name is Ballin Mundson.
我叫约翰·法雷
Mines Johnny Farrell.
我不是经理 而是这儿的老板
And I’m not the manager. I own the joint.
我不喜欢有人耍老千
And I don’t like to be cheated.
我又不是赌掷骰子…
There isn’t a dice table in the house.
没有人玩二十一点赢过那么多钱
Nobody wins that much money at twenty-one honestly.
– 我只是运气好 – 还真爱切牌
– I had a lucky streak. – A very deft way of cutting cards.
我花了好几年才学会的呢
Took me years to learn.
你该坐牢的
Of course, you ought to be in jail.
可是既然救了你一命
But I suppose I owe you an obligation,
我对你就有责任
since I saved your life.
你该小心点的
Hey, you ought to be more careful about those things.
离开这儿 别再回来
Now get out of here. Don’t come back.
你看 你真笨
Now, you know, you’re being very stupid.
或许是
Probably.
你只是让我赌错了方向
You simply had me gambling on the wrong side.
我帮你跟人赌比较好
I’ll be better if you had me on your side.
我不喜欢耍老千
I don’t like my people to cheat.
用自己的钱 我当然会出老千
I cheat with my own money, sure.
但用你的 我就不会了
But with your money, I wouldn’t have to cheat.
考虑一下
Think it over.
好 我会的
You know, I think I will.
我有多少时间可以考虑?
How much time do you give me?
不着急 两分钟
Oh, there’s no hurry. You can take a minute or two.
我失陪一下
Excuse me while you’re making up your mind.
你不行
Not you.
你不该袭击一个
You really shouldn’t hit a man
将手放在后面的人
when he has his hands behind his back.
你看到了? 这样你就有两个朋友了
You see? This way, you’ll have two friends.
如果薪水高的话
You’ve no idea how faithful and obedient
我也会对你忠实的
I can be for a nice salary.
我要确定你没有女人
This I must be sure of-that there is no woman anywhere.
当然没有
There’s no woman anywhere.
赌博和女人不能共存
Gambling and women do not mix.
我也是这样想的
Those are the very words I use myself.
别谈这事好吗?
Now, shall we quit talking about it?
你曾有过女人?
There was one once.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!