but it’s always behind the glass screen.
我不能真正触摸它
So I cannot really touch it,
我闻不到
I cannot smell it,
我不能舔它
I cannot lick it.
所以它只是,你知道,它不是真的
So it only, you know, it’s nothing real.
因此,在数字时代长大的年轻一代
And therefore the young generation, who grew up digitally,
他们非常渴望真实的东西
there’s so much longing for this real thing
这些他们可以触摸、爱抚、握在手中
they can touch, caress, hold in their hand,
可以用所有感官感知的东西
that they can fully sense.
这是一个不太可能的
It was the beginning
商业冒险的一个开始
of an unlikely business adventure.
你懂
You know,
我讲的故事
I often tell stories that
不一定是 100% 真实
are not 100% true,
但这个故事真的 150% 是真实的
but this one really is 150% true.
60秒的兴奋
你有宝丽来彩色相机吗?
Do you have your Polaroid Colorpack Camera?
在 70 年代和 80 年代,宝丽来无处不在
In the ’70s and ’80s, Polaroid was everywhere.
即使在今天,我们都能认出来宝利来上面
And even today, we all recognize that classic white frame
那经典的白框
of a Polaroid instant photo.
但在 2008 年,这个文化标志企业
But in 2008, the cultural icon
只是它曾经的冰山一角
was a mere shadow of its former self.
没有人相信模拟摄影有未来
No one believed analog photography had a future
所有的宝丽来工厂都关了
and all Polaroid factories were being closed down.
宝利来
世界总部
除了在荷兰恩斯赫德的这最后一个
All but this last one in Enschede in The Netherlands.
它再生产几百万包胶片之后
Once churning out millions of packs of film,
这家工厂也将关闭
it was about to vanish.
♪ 我感受到微风 ♪
♪ I feel the breeze ♪
♪ 我感受到微风 ♪
♪ I feel the breeze ♪
♪ 有一天带我上你的船 ♪
♪ Take me on your boat one day ♪
♪ 我们会逐渐消失 ♪
♪ We’ll fade away and slip away ♪
♪ 我们会一起离开 ♪
♪ We’ll go away with me ♪
♪ 我们会远离 ♪
♪ We’ll stay away ♪
博士被邀请参加闭幕派对
Doc had been invited to the closing party.
他无法拒绝这个邀请
He couldn’t resist.
他对胶片化学知之甚少
He knew little about film chemistry
更不用说经营企业
and even less about running a business,
但他有远见
but he had a vision.
必须要拯救这个工厂
This factory must be rescued.
这是美丽而重要的
It was beautiful and important.
其他人都看到了之后说,“博士,那是不可能的”
What everyone else saw, “Doc, that’s impossible.”
我妻子说:“别去了,放弃吧”
My wife said, “Don’t go there, give up on it.”
但我还是去了,那些机器
But I went there and you know, the machines,
它们都还保持着完美的状态
all of them were still in perfect shape.
所以我说:“还有机会
So I said, “There is still a chance.
我们必须尝试一下”
We have to try it.”
于是我去找宝丽来的管理层说
So I went to the Polaroid management say,
“你们真的要杀了它吗?
“Do you really want to kill it
或者你们可以它送人收养
or do you want to give it for adoption
比如说让我们收养?”
and you know, we take care of it?”
所以当博士
So when Florian came in and said,
对所有的宝利来老板说
“I want to buy this film factory in Enschede, Netherlands,
“我想买♥♥下荷兰恩斯赫德的这家胶片厂
don’t wind it down”,
不要关了它”,
to the owners of Polaroid corporation,
宝利来毫不犹豫地说回答,
it was a no-brainer to say,
“当然,如果你想接管它
“Sure, if you want to take it over,
斯科特·哈迪
宝丽来前主席
正好省了我们的关厂的成本”
it saves our wind down costs.”
疯狂的是,他们说,“你只有一个星期
The crazy thing is they said, “You have one week.
我们商定了工厂零件的报废价值
We have an agreed scrap value of the factory parts
180,000 欧元
for 180,000 Euro.
所以如果你签了协议
So if you sign the agreement
并转给我 180,000 欧元
and transfer me the 180,000 Euro,
工厂就是你的了”
the factory is yours.”
就是这样
So that was it.
虽然当时我没有 180,000 欧元
I didn’t have the 180,000 Euro,
但我立即开始制♥作♥
but I immediately started to make
商业计划书之类的东西
something like a business plan.
他们喜欢这个商业计划
They loved the business plan.
写商业计划肯定是
Business plans was for sure, one of my best,
我的特长之一
my best specialties.
博士和几个朋友一起
With a small group of friends,
买♥♥下了这家公♥司♥
Doc bought the business.
他们要让宝丽来活下去
They were going to keep Polaroid alive.
听起来很疯狂
It sounded crazy.
40 年代的技术,在21 世纪?
A 1940’s tech for the 21st century?
♪ 像断了的帆 ♪
♪ Like a broken sail ♪
♪ 但我永远不会放弃你 ♪
♪ But I’ll never give you up ♪
♪ 如果我曾经放弃你 ♪
♪ If I ever give you up ♪
♪ 我的心一定会 ♪
♪ My heart will surely ♪
许多的障碍之一是,
One of the many snags,
博士不可以使用 Polaroid 品牌名称
Doc wasn’t allowed to use the brand name Polaroid
但他很快就想到了一个新的
but he soon found a new one.
在和与宝丽来开会的时候
It was really literally during a meeting with Polaroid
他们一直在重复地告诉我
where they continued to tell me,
“这是不可能的
“This is impossible.
这是不可能的
This is impossible.
这是不可能的”
This is impossible.”
所以
So it was just,
我就干脆:“行吧。就叫它不可能吧”
I gave up and said, “Yeah,
let’s call it Impossible.”
于是宝丽来重生为 不可能的任务
So Polaroid was rebornas The Impossible Project
时间会证明这是一个有趣的名字
which would prove an interesting choice of name.
没关系,故事的开头很精彩
Nevermind, the beginning was fabulous.
工厂又活了过来
Life was returning to the factory.
♪ 你可以摇摆 ♪
♪ You can swing ♪
♪ 你可以失败 ♪
♪ You can fail ♪
♪ 你可以让我大吃一惊 ♪
♪ You can blow my mind ♪
在一开始的时候
In the beginning,
我们的工厂只有10个人
we started with 10 people at the factory.
真的是非常艰难的一年
It was really a hard year.
大家都觉得不可能
Everybody thought that it was impossible
让这个企业运转起来
to get it all running
然而现在
and now, well here we are.
用着在我出生之前就有的这些东西
Something already created before I was born.
太棒了
That’s amazing.
我现在每天都在创造它
And I am creating it now daily.
好极了
That’s wonderful.
通常当我修理相机时,我会这样做……
Usually when I fix a camera, I do this…
……然后我这样拍张照片
…and then I take a picture.
我从 1976 年就开始这样做了
I have been doing this since 1976.
现在所有人都这样拍照
And now everyone does it!
我一定是世界上自♥拍♥最多的人了
I must have taken the most selfies in the world.
我都不知道我这么爱自♥拍♥
I did not know I was part of that trend!
博士带着Impossible 总部
Doc took Impossible headquarters
前往欧洲的创业之都柏林
to Europe’s startup capital Berlin,
在那里他找到了一群优秀的数字原住民
where he found a team of well digital natives
柏林
他对这些人分享了他对模拟的信仰
who shared his belief in the magic of analog
他们至少屈服于博士不懈的热情
or at least succumbed to his unrelenting enthusiasm.
我很想说这一切
I would love to say that all of this
是一个非常聪明的策略的一部分
was part of a very clever strategy
不可能计划-柏林
团队谈话
基于我在商业领域的长♥期♥学习
based on my extended studies in business.
说实话,这并不完全正确
It’s not quite true to be honest.
基本上,它只是这样发生了
Basically it just happened.
这不是怀旧
This wasn’t nostalgia.
这是关于重新发现真实事物的价值
This was about rediscovering the value of real things,
真实性
authenticity.
一个很好的方式来看待
A good way to just look
并且理解为什么Impossible能够存在
and in order to understand why Impossible exists

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!