I’d like to go away to college.
为什么
Why?
因为 因为我想离开
Because I want to get away.
你想离开贝城
You wanted to get out of Bay City, didn’tyou?
而我想离开比佛利山
I want to get out of Beverly Hills.
抱歉提起这事了
I’m sorry I brought this up.
你想回贝城终老
You’re gonna end up back in Bay City?
我没说过
I didn’t say that.
过了这么久
After all this time?
在我们牺牲了这么多之后
After all that I’ve sacrificed?
Jack: Um…
你们见过银汉鱼吗
have you two ever been down to the grunion run?
没有 杰克 我得说
No,Jack. I have to saywe have not been
我们从未见过银汉鱼
to the grunion run.
什么是银汉鱼
What is a grunion?
是一种浅海的小鱼
It’s a little coastal fish.
它们在涨潮时冲上岸
It comes up on shore every once in a while
在月光下生蛋
during high tide and lays its eggs in the moonlight.
然后就死了
And then it dies.
又一个妈妈
It’s yet another example ofa mother
为孩子奉献所有的 活生生例子
giving her life for her child.
有些死了 不是所有的鱼都死了
Well, some ofthem die. Not all ofthem.
听起来很有意思 我想见识一下
Sounds really interesting. I’d love to see that.
很乐意带你去
Well, I’d like to takeyou.
好啊
Great.
我喜欢他
I like him.
他让我不安
He gets on my nerves.
他喜欢你 如果他再约你出去
He likes you, and ifhe asks you out again,
我希望你答应
I hope you’ll go.
他叫我去拉斯维加斯度周末
He asked me to go to Las Vegas for the weekend.
你应该去 你们会有个快乐的周末
Good. You should go. You might have fun.
他不是我喜欢的类型
He is not my type.
他不是我的菜
He’s not my idea of fun.
去吧 抓住这次机会
Go to Vegas, Mom. Take a chance.
又不一定非要爱上他
You don’t have to fall in love with him.
甚至和他上♥床♥
I’m not asking you to even sleep with him.
哦 谢谢
Oh, thank you.
也许你还可以打桥牌赢呢
You could win thejackpot even.
行了行了 我去
All right, I will go to Vegas.
好 好 不要说了
Fine.Just stop it.
但你得去加州大学洛杉矶分校
But you are going to UCLA.
州立大学我们才负担得起
It’s a state school, it’s all that we can afford,
不要再跟我争论这个问题
and I do not want to hear anotherword about it.
[Exhales]
桥牌
Jackpot.”
我妈并不知道
Ann: My mother didn’t know it,
我已经申请了 罗德岛州的布朗大学
but I’d already applied to Brown University in Rhode Island.
彼德希望我申请去柏克莱大学
Peter tried to talk me into going to Berkeley,
但我早已下定决心去东岸
but my heart was set on the East Coast.
我成绩很好
My grades were really good,
我想我很得到全额奖学金
and I thought I could get a full scholarship.
我喜欢高尚的灵魂那部分
I like the part about the noble soul,
但是你真的读过尼采吗
but Do you really read Nietzsche?
我读了他的作品
I mean, I read Nietzsche.
但没真正读懂
I don’t really read Nietzsche.
[Laughs]
他是个让人疯狂的朋友 你认为呢
He’d be a crazy friend to have, don’t you think?
Mm-hmm.
而且 我觉得读尼采作品的人
Besides, I think people who read Nietzsche,
读尼采的人有点
like really read Nietzsche, are kinda…
我不知道该怎么说 但是存在主义之父 齐克果说过
I don’t know. Kierkegaard, though, he said that…
信呢
Ann: Where’s the mail?
Where’s the mail?
那儿
Right there.
你开过了
You opened it.
不然我怎么知道
Well, how else am I going to know
你想做什么
howyou’re planning your life?
我可是你唯一的母亲啊
After all, I’m onlyyour mother.
你就不能信任我吗 谢谢了
Whywould you confide in me, thank you very much.
看吧 打开它
Go ahead. Open it.
我想你会很高兴的
I’m sureyou’ll be very happy.
罗德岛州的首府 普罗维顿斯
Providence, Rhode Island?
你是想离我 越远越好吗
Could you have gotten any farther away from me?
我只是不明白
Look, I just don’t understand.
在一起经历了这些年 艰难的努力之后
After all theseyears, after all our hard work,
你就不能留在这里
would it have killed you tojust stick around a bit
对一直爱你
and show some respect and appreciation
为你担心
to the people that have worried about you
并为你牺牲了一切的人
and loved you
表示一下你的尊重和感激吗
and have sacrificed everything for you?
我哪儿都不会去
I’m not going anywhere!
想看看我的信吗 仔细读
If you’re going to read my mail, read it carefully.
我只得到部分奖学金
They’re giving me some money for tuition and fees,
我们得付其它部分
but not all ofit, and we have to pay part ofit.
但是我们没钱
And we don’t have that.
读啊 家长的责任部分
Read it. “Parents’ contributions.”
老天 我真的很想进布朗大学
God, I wanted it so bad.
维尼 这不是世界末日
Oh, pooh bear, it’s not the end ofthe world.
这就是世界末日
It is the end ofthe world!
也许对你而言不是 但对我来说就是
Maybe not for you, but it is for me.
我们去吃冰淇淋吧
We could get an ice cream.
不去
No!
你不明白吗 我想离开这儿 去上大学
Can’t you understand? I want to go away to college.
这样你我都能有自己的生活
I want to be on my own and you on your own.
我知道没有我你会害怕
And I know you’re scared to be without me,
但是 我无能为力
but I can’t help that.
和你生活在一起的感觉并不好
And I feel bad about that,
而且我也不想 再打那份工了
but I don’t want thatjob anymore.
让我有我自己的生活 放我走吧
Let me live my own life. Let me go.
[Door Slams]
[Siren Whoops]
Ohh.
下午好
Good afternoon.
你闯红灯了
You went through that stop sign back there.
请出示驾照
I need your driver’s license and registration, please.
你要我把驾照
You want to take the driver’s license
从包包里拿出来
out ofthis, please?
哦 我的天
Oh, my God.
怎么了
What?
你是在圣诞节 追回我女儿那个
You’re the one who ran after my daughterAnn on Christmas.
对她使眼色那位,记得吗
You winked at her? Do you remember?
哦 是的 我记得你们俩
Oh, yeah. I remember you two.
我知道你对她说了什么 她和以前不一样了
I know what you told her, and she hasn’t been the same since.
抱歉,能给我驾照吗
I’m sorry. Can I have the driver’s license?
她也许是对的
You might have been right.
生活不太完美
It hasn’t been perfect, ok?
没人是完美的
Hey, nobody’s perfect.
没错 我做了些错事
Exactly. I make mistakes. That’s what I was saying.
也许 有时我是有点自私
Sometimes maybe I’m a little bit selfish.
也许 有时我不负责任
Maybe sometimes I’m a little bit irresponsible,
有时会突然停电
and the lights go out sometimes.
但是我一直在尽力而为,最重要的是
But I’m trying. That’s the point, right?
我一直在努力 这并不容易
I am trying. It’s not easy.
我想你女儿也不轻松
I’m sure it’s not easy for her, either.
驾照
IfI could get the driver’s license from you?
我应该帮她找到她父亲
I know I should have helped her find her father,
但是我知道他会让她失望
but I knew that he would disappoint her,
她比以前好多了
and she’s better than that.
我试过再给她找个父亲
So I tried to find her another father.
但那几乎是不可能的
That’s completely impossible.
我肯定那很难
I’m sure it’s very difficult for you.
她对你提过 我为她做了什么吗
Did she tell you any of the good things that I did?
因为我的确做了很多
‘Cause I did a lot ofgood things.
我只需要驾照
I just need the license…
她有温暖的家 有得吃

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!