每一年,有超过21百万人接受普通麻醉手术
绝大多数人平静的进入睡眠
他们全无知觉
而这当中,有三万人并不那么幸运
他们无法进入昏睡状态
受困于一种叫做“麻醉醒觉”的现象
这些受害者完全无法动弹
无法呼叫帮助
他们是醒着的
谁人无死
People die.
也许你以为你可以掌控何时何地
You may think you can control when or where
以及死亡如何来临,但是你做不到
or how it happens, but you can’t.
当你大限将至之时 你的气数就尽了
When your number is up, your number is up,
任何人都无能为力
and there’s nothing anyone can do about it.
充电
Charge.
完了,杰克
It’s over, Jack.
我之前失去了很多病人
I’ve lost patients before,
看着他们死在我的手术台上 我的手术刀下
seen them die on my table, under my knife.
很抱歉,杰克
I’m sorry, Jack.
但是我从未失去过一个朋友
But I’ve never lost a friend.
在11月1日,星期四 早上6:32
I lost Clayton at 6:32 a.m.
我失去了克雷顿
On Thursday, the first day of November.
关于那天的事 我没有什么可以多说的
There’s not much I can tell you about that day.
我不知道他那天早上醒来
I don’t know if he woke up that morning
是否想到自己可能死去
thinking he might die.
我只知道那天的开始一如往日
I only know the day started much like any other day,
他可能在想她
and that he was probably thinking of her.
夺命手术

Hey.

Hey.
你在那下面干什么?
What were you doing under there?
只是在想事情
Just thinking.
想什么?
What about?
等等,让我猜猜
Wait, let me guess.
你在想整个早上和我作♥爱♥
You were thinking about making love to me all morning
然后和我出去吃一顿丰盛的早餐
and then taking me out for a really big breakfast.
差不多 – 真的?
Close. – Yeah?
事实上,我是…
Actually, I was…
在想像你全身衣服湿透的样子
picturing you soaking wet with all of your clothes on.
不,唔唔 – 唔唔
No. Mm-mm. – Mm-hmm.
唔唔 – 唔唔
Mm-mm. – Mm-hmm.
哦,啊 – 噢
Dah. Ah. – Oh.
该死
Damn it.
没什么,等一下
All right, hang on.
如果痛的话告诉我,好吗?
Tell me if it hurts, okay?
啊! – 该死
Ah! – Shit.
你真讨厌
You’re such an asshole.
这边 – 我没吓到你,对吗?
Come here. – I didn’t scare you, did I?
你吓死我了
You did.
就这样
There we go.
伤势怎样?
How’s it look?
你会没事的
You’ll live.
谢谢
Thank you.
你看到我的呼机没?
Have you seen my pager?
是的 – 呵
Yep. – Ah.
等一下,一会儿
Wait. Hang on.
拿好了 – 谢谢
There you go. – Thanks.
我不在乎,汤米
I don’t care, Tommy.
他们6点开门,我就5点开,好吗?
They open at 6, we open at 5, all right?
是工作就有风险,伙计
There are jobs at stake, man.
做就是了
Just get it done.
在今晚万圣节聚会上 我们会对他们说
Then we’ll talk to them at the Halloween thing tonight.
对,好的,我很快就到
Yeah, all right. I’ll be in soon.
有时间吃一点早餐吗?
Got time for a little breakfast?
你知道我不行
You know I can’t.
可以边吃边看报纸的贸易版
You know, share a paper, trade sections?
宝贝,这样下去我要迟到了
Baby, I’m late as it is.
我甚至不知道你喜欢什么新闻,克雷
I don’t even know what section you like, Clay.
我也有权永远幸福的
I deserve my happily ever after, too.
我知道
I know you do.
我会尽快跟她说
And I’m going to tell her, soon.
我保证
I promise.
祝你今天愉快
Have a good day.
你也是
You, too.
早上好,妈妈
Good morning, Mom.
不要忘了我们2点在董事会见面
Don’t forget we’re meeting the board at 2.
2点我不行
I can’t do 2.
今天下午我要和哈勃医生会面
I’m meeting with Dr. Harper this afternoon.
一定要来
Just be there.
这些日本公♥司♥都没人情味
These Japanese companies are ruthless.
我们要尽快把合并办妥
We have to close this merger.
这和你老爸有关吗?
Is this about your old man?
这和他有关吗?
Is it about him?
天哪,我不想再谈这个,杰克
Jesus, I’m not going through this again, Jack.
老实说,他会希望你去告诉她
Honestly, he would want you to tell her.
不,我父亲会希望我
No, my father would want me
不要在日上三竿时钓鱼
to stop fishing in the middle of the day
而是回去工作,对吗?
and go back to work, all right?
如果他知道我和莎 像这样对我妈撒谎
If he knew what I was doing with Sam, he’d disown me,
他会和我断绝父子关系
lying to my mom like this.
他会把我扔到河里
He’d throw me in the fucking river.
好好看看周围吧,克雷
I want you to take a good look around you, Clay.
这座城市一半是你的
You own half of this city.
你创造就业机会 挽救倒闭的公♥司♥
You’re creating jobs, you’re saving companies.
你已经更胜父亲一筹 他的鞋子你都嫌小,对吗
I think you’ve more than filled his shoes, you know?
我父亲的鞋子比我的大四倍,杰克
My dad’s feet were four sizes bigger than mine, Jack.
我连他的袜子都嫌大
I can’t even fill his socks.
瞧,我有了戒指,对吗?
Look, I got the rings, didn’t I?
我领了证
I got the license.
不不不不 这不是件难事
No, no, no, no. It’s not that difficult.
你决定个日子,然后就去做
You set a date and you just do it.
这也不简单
It’s not that easy, either.
我觉得,结婚… – 瞧,她是你母亲
I mean, marriage… – Look, she’s your mother.
你告诉她,我向你发誓 她会高兴的
You tell her and, I swear to you, she’ll be happy.
你不了解我母亲
You don’t know my mother.
听着,谢谢你的钓鱼课
Listen, thanks for the fishing lesson.
我要走了,好吗? – 好的,伙计
I’m leaving, all right? – All right, man.
瞧,你…就跟我来吧
Look, just… just come on with me.
你知道在这个国家有多少起 该死的医疗事故起诉?
You know how many bullshit malpractice lawsuits there are in this country?
我是说,一个兢兢业业的医生想方设法…
I mean, a hard-working doctor is trying…
你又要说那个了,杰克?
Are we going to go through this again, Jack?
好,瞧,我有… – 4个,对,我知道
Well, look, I’ve got… – Four. Yes, I know.
尽全力去挽救人们的生命
All for trying to save people’s lives.
这很丢脸
It’s a disgrace.
好,你知道他们为什么起诉我?
Well, you know why they sue us?
我今天很忙
I have a very busy day.
请进
Please.
是因为他们不知道如何面对悲伤
It’s because they don’t know what to do with their grief.
是因为他们需要某些人负责
It’s because people need someone to blame.
是因为像你一样的病人
It’s because of patients like you
无法接受事实
who cannot accept the facts.
过来
Come on in.
熟悉一下,躺下
Get acquainted. Lie down.
仅仅因为你是我的朋友
Only because you’re my friend.
我是你的医生
I’m your doctor.
放轻松
Get comfortable.
感觉怎么样?
How’s it feel?
不太坏
Not so bad.
克雷,下面说的是事实
These, Clay, are the facts.
当我打开你的胸腔 移♥动♥你的心脏
When I open up your chest and remove your heart,
你很有可能就死在这张手术台上
it is a very real possibility that you will die right here on this table.
如果移植成功了
And if the transplant is successful,
你的10年存活率不到50%
there is a 50% chance that you’ll be dead in 10 years.
你要想好了
The clock’s ticking.
看来今天是个大日子,哈?
So it’s tough love today, huh?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!