thematically,
主题
um…
What do I write about?
我是写哪方面体裁的?
Caught me trying to be fancy.
我的好奇心又来了
Yeah, that’s it, Bart.
就是指这个
Well, that’s a good question.
是个好问题
Strange as it may seem, Charlie,
听起来可能挺奇怪的,查理
I write about people like you–
我写的是象你这样的人一
the working stiff, the common man.
劳苦大众,贫民百姓
Well, ain’t that a kick in the head.
是不是有所触动?
I guess it is, but in a way,
应该会的
that’s exactly the point.
就应该是这样
There’s a few people in New York-hopefully
纽约有那么几个人一
our numbers are growing–
希望这样的人越来越多一
who feel we have an opportunity
认为我们有机会
to forge something real out of everyday experience,
从日常生活中提练素材
create a theater for the masses
创作出为了大众的作品
based on a few simple truths,
这样的作品应该以现实为蓝本
not on some shopworn abstractions about drama
而非以往戏剧中的那些陈腐情节
that don’t hold true today.
以往戏剧中那些东西 现在看来已不真实
I don’t guess this means much to you.
可能你听来没什么意思
Hell, I could tell you stories.
我可以把我的故事告诉你
And that’s the point-we all have stories.
说到点子上了一每个人都有故事
The hopes and dreams of the common man
普通人的希望和梦想 并不比帝王将相低贱
are as noble as those of any king.
The stuff of life–
这些来自于生活的点滴一
Why shouldn’t it be the stuff of theater?
为什么不能成为戏剧的素材呢?
Why should that be such a hard pill to swallow?
怎么会让人接受不了呢?
Don’t call it new theater, Charlie.
这种戏剧我称之为新戏剧,查理
Call it real theater.
称之为真实的戏剧
Call it our theater!
称之为我们的戏剧
I can see you feel pretty strongly about it.
说到此事你非常地激昂
I don’t mean to get up on my high horse,
我并不是想盛气凌人
but why shouldn’t we look at ourselves up there?
可为什么我们 不着眼于自己身上?
Who cares about the fifth Earl of Bastrop
谁会关心什么 巴士图普的第5伯爵
and Lady Higginbottom
关心什么海金伯顿女士…
and…
以及…
and who killed Nigel Grinch-Gibbons?
关心是谁杀害 奈格尔·格林奇吉布森呢?
My butt’s getting sore already.
我开始愤怒了
Exactly. You understand what I’m saying
没错,你明白我说什么了
a lot more than some of these literary types
除了这些之处 搞创作有很多的题材
because you’re a real man.
因为你是一个有血有肉的人
I could tell you some stories-Sure,
我可以说几个故事一
you could,
你当然可以
yet many writers insulate themselves from the common man,
很多作者把自己与大众隔绝
from where they live,
与大众的生活隔绝
from where they trade and fight and love
与大众的奋斗,爱
and converse and–
言谈以及一
and…
以及…
So, naturally, theirwork suffers
他们的作品自然会贫乏无味
and regresses into empty formalism and…
全是空洞地形式…
Well, I’m spouting off again,
我又在喋喋不休了
but to put it in your language-the
用你们的语言来说就是一
theater becomes as phony as a$3 bill.
戏剧因此变得 象3美金的钞票一样假
That’s a tragedy right there.
真是一场悲剧
You’re all right, Charlie.
你说的没错,查理.
I’m glad you stopped by.
你来拜访我真高兴
I know sometimes I run on.
我知道我老跑题
Well, Christ, if there’s anyway I can contribute
如果有需要我作点贡献 帮点忙什么的…
or help or whatever…
做回你自己就是帮忙了
You can help by just being yourself.
Well, I can tell you some stories.
我能说几个故事给你听二
Now, look…
听着…
I’m sorry about the interruption.
打搅你我真抱歉
Too much revelry late at night,
已经很晚了
you forget there’s other people in the world.
你忘了这世界上还有其他人
[Waves Wash Ashore]
[Wallpaper Peeling]
[Mosquito Buzzing]
[Buzz]
I’ll be eating on the lot today.
我这一天忙得团团转
Who’s this?
这是谁?
Barton Fink, Mr. Geezier.
巴顿·芬克,吉兹勒先生
Geisler.
盖斯勒
I’m a writer, Mr. Geisler.
我是个编剧,盖斯勒先生
Ted Okum said to drop by.
奥昆让我来的
Ever act?
演过戏吗?
Huh? No. I’m a–
没有,我是一个一
We need Indians for a Norman Steele western.
我们需要印第安人出演西部片
I’m a writer.
我是个编剧
Writers come and go. We always need Indians.
编剧来来去去 印第安人我们一直需要
I’m a writer.
我是个编剧
Ted Okum said you’re producing this Wallace Beery picture.
奥昆说沃利·毕利 的那部电影你是制片人
Ted Okum doesn’t know shit.
奥昆屁都不懂
They’ve assigned me enough pictures for a year.
这帮家伙一年给我排太多戏了
What Ted Okum doesn’t know
奥昆不知道你 快挤进好莱坞音乐厅了
you could almost squeeze into the Hollywood Bowl.
Who should I talk to?
那我应该找谁?
Get me Lou Breeze.
给我接卢·布里兹
Mr. Breeze’s office.
布里兹先生办公室
Is he in for Mr. Geezier?
吉兹勒先生找他
Geisler.
盖斯勒
Lou! How’s Lipnick’s ass smell this morning?
卢!今天利普尼克的屁♥股♥香不香?
Yeah? Yeah?
什么?什么?
Yeah. All right. Listen.
行了,听着
I got a writer here-Fink–all screwy.
有个编剧来找我一 芬克一说话不着边际
Says I’m producing that Wallace Beerywrestling picture.
说我正在制♥作♥沃利·毕利 那部摔跤的电影
What am I, the goddamnjanitor?
当我是谁?看门的吗?
Yeah? Who’d you get that from?
是吗?你们从哪里找来的?
Well, tell Lipnick he can kiss my dimpled ass.
告诉利普尼克亲我的屁♥眼♥去吧
No, no. All right. Shit.
不行,好吧,该死
All right. No. All right.
好吧,不,好吧
Okay, Fink.
好吧,芬克
Let’s chow.
我们吃饭去吧
Don’t worry about it.
别担心
It’s just a B picture.
只是部B级制♥作♥
I bring it in on budget,
我已经做好预算了
they book it without screening it.
他们审核不需要剧本的
Lipnick said he wanted to look at the script
利普尼克说周末他想看看剧本
by the end of the week.
Sure, he did.
没事
He forgot about it before your ass left his sofa.
你屁♥股♥一离开他的沙发 说过的话他就全忘了
He forgot about it before your ass left his sofa.
好吧
Okay.
I’m just having trouble getting started.
开头我遇到点麻烦
It’s funny. I’m blocked up.
很搞笑,我写不下去了
I just feel
我希望有人告诉我到底 要个什么样的东西
like I need some kind of indication
of what’s expected.
Wallace Beery. Wrestling picture.
沃利·毕利,摔跤的电影
What do you need, a road map?
你还需要什么,线路图?
Look,
听着
you’re confused.
你很糊涂
You need guidance?
需要人指导吗?
Talk to another writer.
找其他编剧请教吧
Who?
找谁?
Oh,jesus.
天啊
You throw a rock in here, you’ll hit one.
这里你随便扔一块石头 就能砸中一个编剧
Do me a favor, Fink-Throw
帮帮忙,芬克一
it hard.
用力扔吧
[Vomiting]
[Retching]
[Belches]
[Cough]
[Humming]
[Toilet Flushes]
[Gargling]
[Humming Old BlackJoeJ
Bill Mayhew. Sorry about the odor.
L匕尔·梅修,抱歉气味不好
Barton Fink.
巴顿·芬克

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!