脑力劳动会不会这样?
Well, it’s been better.
好一点
I can’t seem to get going on this thing.
可我的工作好象 没法进行下去
That one idea,
只要灵感一来就能 让人不停地写下去
the one that lets you get started,
I still haven’t gotten it.
可我到现在还没有灵感
Maybe I only had one idea in me–
可能只有我喜欢种类 我才有灵感
my play.
也可能灵感已经用完了
Maybe once that was done,
I was done being a writer.
我一成为正式的编剧 就没灵感了
Christ, I feel like a fraud,
天啊,我天天坐在这里 对着纸发呆
sitting here staring at this paper.
感觉我象个骗子
Those two lovebirds next door driving you nuts?
是不是隔壁那一对爱侣 老让你开小差?
How do you know about that?
你怎么知道的?
Know about it?
怎么知道?
I can practically see how they’re doing it.
他们在干什么 我早看在眼里
Brother, I wish I had a piece of that.
兄弟,我其实好想置身其中
Seems like I hear everything
这些 梆梆的声音 真是动人魂魄
that goes on in this dump–
the pipes or something.
Yeah, but–
不过一
You’ll lick this picture business.
你的工作会完成的
You got a head on your shoulders.
你脖子上长着个聪明脑袋
What do they say?
俗话怎么说的?
Where there’s a head, there’s hope.
有头脑就有希望
Where there’s life, there’s hope.
有生命就有希望
See, that proves you really are a writer.
你看,说出这种话 证明你是个作家
There’s hope foryou, too, Charlie.
你也会有希望,查理
Tomorrow I bet you sell a half-dozen policies.
我赌你明天能卖♥♥出六份保险
Thanks, brother, but the fact is
谢了,哥们,不过…
I got to pull up stakes for a while.
我得离开一阵
You’re leaving?
你要走了?
In a few days.
就这几天吧
Out toyour stomping grounds-New York City.
去你的成名之地一纽约
Things got all balled up at the head office.
总部那有事情要处理
I’m truly sorry to hear that. I’ll missyou.
我真的好遗憾,我会想你的
Well, hell, buddy. Don’t pull a long face.
哥们,别把脸拉得这么长
I keep a room here,
房♥间我还留着
and I’ll be back sooner or later.
我迟早会回来的
And mark mywords,
记住我这句话
by the time I get back,
我回来的时候,你的剧本也完成了
your picture will be finished.
New York can be pretty cruel to strangers.
纽约人对外地人挺冷酷的
lfyou need a home-cooked meal,
如果想尝尝家常菜
you just look up Sam and Lillian Fink.
可以去拜访山姆和莉莲
They live on Fulton Street…
他们和我叔叔马瑞 住在富尔顿街
with my uncle Maury.
[Rip]
Christ.
天啊
Your room does that, too.
你的房♥间也这样
I guess the heat’s sweating off the wallpaper.
可能是墙纸热得流汗了
What a dump.
真烂
I guess this must seem pretty pathetic
对于你这样的人 来说挺难受的
to a guy like you.
Well…
But it’s pathetic, isn’t it?
真是挺难受的,对吧?
I mean, to a guy from New York?
对于你这样从纽约来的人?
What doyou mean?
你是什么意思?
This kind of heat.
这里天气这么热
It’s pathetic.
挺难受的
Well, I guess you pickyour poison.
估计你不会忘了 把你的酒带上的
So they say.
别人也这么说
Don’t pick up and leave without saying good-bye.
别不说声再见就卷包走了
‘Course not, compadre.
当然不会的,老友
You’ll see me again.
我会和你道个别的
[Thumping]
[Thumping]
[Thump]
[Banging]
[Laughing]
Zing! Bango!
砰!砰!
You’re dead. You’re a corpse.
你死了,你是一具尸体了
You got me.
被你打中了
Okay, go, go, you son ofa gun.
好了,走了,你这浑蛋
Yeah, Fink.
芬克
[Humming Yes, We Have No Bananas]
Come on, come on.
进来,进来
What do you got for me?
来找我什么事?
What the hell happened to your face?
你的脸怎么回事?
Nothing. It’s just a mosquito bite.
没事,被蚊子咬的
There are no mosquitoes in Los Angeles.
洛杉矶没有蚊子
Mosquitoes breed in swamps. This is a desert.
蚊子是在沼泽地繁殖的 这里是沙漠
What do you got for me?
找我什么事?
Well, I–

On the Beery picture, where are we?
毕利那部片,写到哪里了?
Well, I’m having a little trouble getting started.
开头有点麻烦
Getting start-Christjesus, started?
开头?天啊,开不了头?
You don’t have anything yet?
你根本没开始写?
Well, not much.
是没写多少
What the hell do you think this is, Hamlet,
你以为你在写什么名著啊? 哈姆雷特?
Gone With the Wind Ruggles of Red Gap?
飘?红峡谷的拉格尔斯?
It’s a goddamn B picture–
不就是一部B级制♥作♥吗?
big men in tights-you know the drill.
你钻进牛角尖去了 技巧方法你都知道的
I don’t really understand that genre.
这种类型的东西我真的不熟悉
Maybe that’s the problem.
也许这正是症结所在吧
Understand? Shit!
明白吗?
You were going to consult another writer on this.
你应该去咨♥询♥ 一下其他编剧
Well, I’ve talked to Bill Mayhew.
我已经和比尔·梅修谈过了
Mayhew? Some help. The guy’s a souse.
梅修?算了吧 他不过是个酒鬼而已
He’s a great writer.
他是个伟大的编剧
A great souse!
伟大的酒鬼
He’s in pain because he can’t write.
他只是为写不出东西而痛苦
Souse! Souse!
酒鬼,酒鬼
He manages to write his name
他只会每周在支票上 写自己的名字
on the back of his paycheck every week.
I thought no one cared about this picture.
这电影可能根本没人关心?
You thought?
你是这么认为的?
I don’t know what the hell you said to Lipnick,
我不知道你和利普尼克 说了些什么鬼话
but the son of a bitch likes you.
搞得这王八蛋很喜欢你
He’s taken a interest.
他对你兴趣很大
Never make Lipnicklikeyou.
千万别让利普尼克喜欢你
Never!
千万
I–I don’t understand.
我不明白
Are you deaf? He likes you.
你聋了吗?我说他喜欢你
What the hell did you say to him?
你到底和他说了什么鬼话?
Nothing.
没有
Well, he’s taken a interest.
他对你很有兴趣
He’ll makeyour life hell.
他会把你搞得苦不堪言
Since I drew the short straw
因为我放了点甜头 给这个废物
to supervise this turkey,
he’ll be all over me, too.
他也跑来讨好我
Fat-ass son ofa bitch called yesterday
这蠢猪昨天打电♥话♥给我
to ask how it’s going.
问剧本进行的如何
I said you were making progress.
我说你已经有进展了
We were all very excited.
我们都很激动
I told him it was great.
我告诉他剧本很了不起
Understand that?
明白吗?
Now my ass is on the line.
现在搞得我进退两难
He wants you to tell him all about it tomorrow.
他让我明天把所有情况向他汇报
I can’t write anything by tomorrow.
明天我可写不出什么东西的
Who said write? Jesus,jack can’t read.
谁让你写了?杰克根本不识字
You got to tell it to him.
你要亲口和他说
Tell him something, for Christ’s sake.
把情况告诉他
Well, what dolt-tell him?
我跟他说什么?
[Stomach Gurgles]
Yes, Mr. Geezier.
吉兹勒先生,什么事?
Projection!
接放映室
Jerry.
杰瑞
Jerry, Ben Geisler here.
杰瑞,我是本·盖斯勒
Any screening rooms free?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!