是比尔最好的作品
or among his finest, anay.
或者说最好的作品之一
So now I’m supposed to roll over
我是不是该转过身 让你挠挠我的痒处?
and get my belly scratched?
Bill.
比尔
Look, uh…
听我说
maybe it’s none of my business,
可能不关我的事
but don’t you think a man with your talent…
你想过面对上天赐予 你的天赋,应尽什么责任吗?
your first obligation is to your gift?
Shouldn’t you be doing whateveryou have to
为什么你不想方没法 恢复写作呢?
to work again?
What would that be?
那我该怎么办?
I don’t know.
我也不知道
But with that drink,
可是这么酗酒
you’re cutting yourself off from your gift
你会辜负你的天赋
and your fellow man
你的朋友
and everything your art is about.
以及一切
Oh, no, son.
不是这样的,孩子
I’m building a levee–
我在构筑一道防堤一
gulp by gulp, brick by brick-Putting
一砖一瓦地构筑一道防堤
up a levee
to keep that raging river of manure
以免大水卷来的废料 将我的门口淹没
from lapping at my door.
Maybe you better, too, Barton,
你最好也构筑一道堤,巴顿
before you get buried under his manure.
以免他的废料将你淹没
My honey pretends to be impatient with me,
我的宝贝假装对我不耐烦
but she’ll put up with anything.
最终她一切都能忍♥受
Not anything, Bill.
不是一切,比尔
Don’t test me.
你最好别试
You’re lucky she puts up with you as much as she does.
她尽可能地容忍♥你 你该感到幸运
Maybe to a schoolboy’s eyes.
从一个混沌未开的学生看来
People who know about the human heart, though,
或者是一个体察人心的人看来
maybe they’d say, “Bill over here,
也许是这样’那个比尔啊’
he gives his honey love,
他把爱献给了他的宝贝
and she pays him back with pity,
她就应该报之以同情
the basest coin there is.”
这样是最公平的了’
Stop it, Bill.
别说了,比尔
那些心头年轻,无忧无虑 的日子离我远去
Gone are the days
When my heart was young and gay
Gone are my friends
我的伙伴们也离开了棉花地
From the cotton fields away
Gone from the earth
远离这个世界找一块乐土
To a better/and/know
/hear their gent/e voices
我听到他们柔声呼唤
[Urinating]
老黑奴
Call/n’ Old B/a ckJoe
I’m corn/n’
我来了
I’m corn/n’
我来了
Oh, my head is bending/ow
我的头渐渐低垂
/hear their gentle–
我听到他们柔声一
The truth, my honey, is a tart
我的宝贝,你不过是个 经不起考验的裱子
that does not bear scrutiny.
Breach my levee at your peril!
胆敢毁坏我的防堤 出了事你别埋怨
Gone are my friends
我的伙伴们也离开了棉花地
From the cotton fields…
That son of a bitch!
狗♥娘♥养♥的
Don’t get me wrong. He’s a fine writer.
别搞错,他是个好作家
Gone from the earth
远离这个世界
Are you all right?
你没事吧?
Toabetter life/know
寻找新的生活
Audrey, y-you can’t-Oh,
奥黛丽,你不能一
Barton.
巴顿
You can’t put up with that.
你不能老这么忍♥
Old B/a ckJoe
老黑奴
I feel so sorry for him.
我感到真对不起他
What? He’s–He’s a son ofa bitch.
什么?他是个混♥蛋♥
No.

No.
不是
He…

He sometimes just…
他只是时常…
/hear the/range! voices…
我听到天使之声
Well, he thinks about Estelle.
他想起埃斯特尔了
His wife still lives in Fayettesville.
是他的妻子,住在菲叶特维尔
She’s…

disturbed.
神经失常
Really?
真的?
I’ll just walk on down to the Pacific,
我要向着太平洋走去
and from there I’ll improvise.
He’ll wander back when he’s sober
他冷静下来会回来道歉的
and apologize.
他一向如此
He always does.
Okay, but that doesn’t excuse his–
可这种行为也是不能原谅的
Silence upon the hill-behavior.
in Darien!
爱需要理解
Empathy requires understanding.
I’m corn/n’
我来了
What?
什么?
What don’t I understand?
我怎么不懂你说的话?
I’m cumin’
我来了
Oh, my head is hang/n/ow
我的头渐渐下垂
/hear their gentle voices
我听到他们柔声呼唤
Call/n’ Old B/a ckJoe
叫我老黑奴
[Glass Breaks]
[Glass Breaks]
[Clock Chimes]
[Mosquito Buzzes]
[Buzz]
淡入,东下城一间出租公♥寓♥
我们能听到鱼贩的叫卖♥♥声
车辆的噪音还听不见
我们迟早会听见的
I hope these are your shoes.
这应该是你的鞋子吧
Charlie.
查理
Because that would mean…
那么我的鞋子应该在你这
they gave you mine.
Yeah.
事实上是他们搞错了
As a matter of fact, they did.
Come on in.
走吧
Jesus, what a day I had.
天啊,今天到底是什么鬼日子
Ever have one of those days?
这种倒霉日子你经历过吗?
Seems like nothing but lately.
我就是最近遇上的
Jesus, what a day.
天啊,这鬼日子
Felt like I couldn’t have sold ice water in the Sahara.
可能我在撒哈拉 连水都卖♥♥不动
Okay. So you don’t want insurance.
行了,你不愿买♥♥保险就不买♥♥吧
Okay. So that’s your loss.
其实是你自己的损失
But, God, people can be rude.
可是,天啊,人们 变得如此粗暴
I feel like I have to talk
我得找个正常人聊聊天
toa normal person likeyou
just to restore a little of my…
让我找回一点…
It’s my pleasure.
乐意效劳
I could use a little lift myself.
我自己能给自己打气
A little lift? Yeah.
自己打气?
Good thing they bottle it, huh, pal?
瓶子里是好东西吧?
Did I say rude?
我刚才说了人很粗暴吗?
People can be goddamn cruel,
人都很冷酷
especially some of these housewives.
尤其是那些师奶们
Okay.
行了
So I have a weight problem.
我这满身肥肉是个问题
That’s my cross to bear.
这是我的过错吗?
I don’t know.
我不知道
It’s a defense mechanism.
可能人们是习惯性地自我防卫
Defense against what, insurance?
防卫什么?保险?
Something they need?
防卫他们需要的东西?
Something they should be grateful to me for offering?
我提供保险他们 对我心存感谢才是
A little peace of mind.
为了求得内心平静
Finally decided to knock off early.
我决定早点放工
Went to see a doctor about this.
去医院看看我的耳朵
He told mel had an ear infection.
医生说我的耳朵感染了
$10, please.
要收我10元钱
I says, “Hell, I told you my earwas infected.
我说’喂,是我告诉你 我的耳朵感染了’
Why don’t you give me$1 0?”
为什么你不给我10块钱?
Well, that led to an argument.
于是大吵了一架
Listen to me bellyaching,
听我唠唠叨叨好象 我的问题堆成山了
as if my problems amounted toa hill of beans.
How goes the life of the mind?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!