难道你不知道吗 这是个极权独♥裁♥的国家
This is a military dictatorship, in case you haven’t noticed!
在他们将我们扔进监狱之前
Now, please, say your goodbyes and get on the plane
请立即告别 然后上飞机
before they throw us all in jail!
你能不能让她过来告别?
Couldn’t you just let her through to say goodbye?
安迪
Andy!
她又跑不了
She’s not going anywhere!
拿好钱 你有酒店的电♥话♥吗?
Here, take my cash. You’ve got the number of the oriental, right?
我会一直在那等你消息
I’m gonna stay there till I hear from you.
安迪 别担心 只是几天而已 我没事的
Andy, don’t worry about me. It’s just a couple of days. I’ll be fine.
萝拉 听着 千万别做傻事
Laura, hey! Don’t do anything dumb!
萝拉 留在大使♥馆♥里别乱走 拿到新护照后马上坐飞机去曼谷
Laura, stay at the embassy until they give you a new passport and get on the first flight to Bangkok.
再见
Bye.
说好了
Promise!
美国护照在这里很值钱
An American passport is worth a lot of money in this country
据悉有些同胞就卖♥♥了他们的
and some of our fellow citizens have been known to sell theirs.
这就是他们为难你的原因
That’s why they’ve been so tough on you.
好了 这个可以让你离开这里 -非常感谢
Oh, uh, this should get you out of the country. Thank you very much.
对了 这里有个胶套给你 用来… -好的
Oh, here’s a, uh, a, a plastic thing for your, uh.. Oh, yes.
我本想看看这里的乡村的 有什么建议吗?
I was hoping to see a little of the countryside. Do you have any suggestions?
现在那样做并不明智
It won’t be the easiest time to do anything like that.
他们把所有的入境旅行团都暂停了
They’ve just put a-a temporary hold on all incoming tourist groups.
但他们还是会让人出城的
But they’re still letting people out?
这个当然 但目前你可能是留在这个国家的最后一名游客了
Oh, sure, but right now you might be the only tourist left in the country.
即使在政策最宽松的时候 也只有官方旅行团允许走出仰光
Even at the best of times, only official tour groups are allowed beyond rangoon.
如果你今晚走不了 附近有个缅♥甸♥小餐馆 我可以带你去
Um, if you’re stuck here tonight uh, there’s a little Burmese restaurant I could show you.
我为什么要去?
Why?
你要去…
Well, where are you..
过来看看 放生小鸟 你会有好报的 10缅元 只要10缅元
Hey, come here. Let bird free. You get good Karma. Ten kyats. Ten kyats only.
飞吧
Go!
我想说你的小鸟又飞回来了
I’m afraid your bird has come back.
他们只认得笼子
All they know is the cage.
请原谅我一再打扰 我是个导游
Forgive me for importuning you. I am a tour guide.
我在大使♥馆♥外等生意 或许你就是
I wait here for clients coming out of the embassy ‘such as you, perhaps.’
这本子里有很多好评 以及一些美景的照片
I have many favorable comments in this book and pictures of beautiful sites.
我以为现在没有旅游了
I didn’t think there were any tours right now.
官方的是没有了
There are no official tours.
哦 我懂了 那你就是黑导游咯
Hm. I see, so you’re an unofficial guide.
你可以那样说 -那不违法吗?
You could call me that. -Hm. Isn’t that illegal?
在缅♥甸♥什么都违法
In Burma everything is illegal.
好吧 你可以带我到常规旅游线路以外的地方吗?
Okay, do you think you could take me somewhere in the country somewhere off the tourist track?
没问题 但此刻留在仰光城里会好一些
Yes, but at the moment it would be wiser to remain within rangoon.
为什么?
Why?
因为出城的路上有军检站 -哦
There are military checkpoints going out of the city. Hm.
如果我们能赏点小钱给士兵
Maybe the soldiers could be persuaded
或许就能说服他们让我们出城
to let us through if we offered them a little money.
没问题 走吧
Okay. Let’s go.
我们要不要去酒店接你丈夫?
Shall we go to your hotel and pick up your husband?
不用
No.
那好 那我们走吧
Then we shall go now.
我叫萝拉·鲍曼
I’m Laura bowman.
我叫昂歌♥
My name is aung ko.
这是我的车
And this is my motorcar.
就这样 我身处荒野中一辆破旧的雪佛兰里
So there I was in a beat-up Chevy in the middle of nowhere.
然而跟着对我一无所知的人同行令我感到一丝慰藉
But there was something comforting about traveling with someone who knew nothing about me.
噢 前方有检查站
‘Oh. Checkpoint.’
是时候做一下说客了? -是的 现在50缅币就差不多了
oh. Is it time to do some persuading? ‘Yes, 50 kyats would be very persuasive now.’ – here.
谢谢
Thank you.
可能你看到 缅♥甸♥是一个由僧侣和士兵构成的国度
Burma is a land of monks, and soldiers as you may have noticed.
我们都会出家一小段时间 但一旦成为士兵则终身为兵
We all spend a little time as a monk. But once a soldier, always a soldier.
我要下车了
Excuse me.
好的 来了
Okay, okay.
他们为难你了
They gave you a hard time.
他们必须提醒我们谁是大哥
They need to remind us that they are strong and we are weak.
这就是缅♥甸♥士兵一贯的作风
It is the way Burmese soldiers are.
你说所有人都要出家 那么你也当过和尚吧?
If, if all men were monks at one time then you must have been one, too?
是的 我小时候在离这不远的地方出家
Oh, yes, I lived as a monk not far from here ‘when I was a boy.’
带我去好吗?
can we go there?
有点困难
That would be difficult.
为什么?女性不允许参观寺院吗?
Why is that? Are women not allowed in the monasteries?
不是的 那不是问题 在缅♥甸♥ 男女完全平等
No. That’s no problem. In Burma, women are completely equal with men.
我担心的是不能在天黑之前送你回到仰光
But I’m concerned about getting you back to rangoon by nightfall.
我们搏一搏吧
Mm. Let’s risk it.
我们去上供
We will need to make an offering.
什么样的上供?
What kind of offering?
那要看你下辈子想要多少好报 -哦
That would depend on how much good Karma you want for your next life. -Hm.
这个我可计划不了
Oh, I can’t plan that far ahead.
那样的话在市场买♥♥点水果就可以了
Then some fresh fruit from the market will do.
你刚才说男女是完全平等吗?
Did you say completely equal?
是的 甚至女性也是可以成佛的
Oh, yes. A woman can even become a Buddha.
但在那之前她必须先成为一个男人
But for that she must first come back as a man.
总是有这样那样的借口
Ah, there’s always a catch.
当我还是小孩的时候在这里生活过 过去很久了
I was here as a boy such a long time ago.
好像…很小的时候
It seems very small.
给你 你去上供吧
Here. You do it.
拜托了
Please?
那时候 我其实和他们做的都是同一件事
At the time, what they were doing seemed like what I was doing.
远尘世 断情欲
Shutting life out.
不都是那样吗?
Was that it?
别坠爱河 别养孩子
Don’t fall in love. Don’t have kids.
那就没什么可以伤到你的心了
That way you can’t get hurt.
如果佛教里没有神 那么他们应该向谁祈祷呢?
Well, if there’s no god in buddhismthen who are they praying to?
他们不是在祈祷 他们是在冥想
They were not praying. They were meditating.
他们冥想以求静心
They meditate to settle the mind.
只有心绪沉静了才能领悟智慧
And when the mind is calm only then can it receive wisdom.
那你的心平静吗
Is your mind calm?
现在我的思绪是最忧虑的
At present my mind is most agitated!
应该是水泵出了问题
I’m afraid it’s the water pump.
这些天一直给我添麻烦
It’s been giving me trouble for some days now.
你要怎么跟我交代 说我们要困在这荒郊野岭 是吗?
So what are you telling me, that we’re stuck out here in the middle of nowhere, is that it?
事情还不算糟糕透顶 上车吧
Well, all is not necessarily lost. Please come to the car.
我有朋友帮得上忙 他们住得不远
‘I have some friends who might be able to help’ ‘and they live not very far from here.’
还有 值得庆幸的是 一路上基本都是下坡路
and, fortunately, it is downhill most of the way.
不是下坡的那些路段怎么办?
What about the parts that aren’t downhill?
或许我们下坡时可以积蓄足够快的速度冲上去
Perhaps we will gather sufficient speed going down to help us up those parts which are up.
你不打算停车吗?
Aren’t you going to stop?
如果我们停了 那就走不了了
If we stop, we’ll stop for good!
我觉得我们能做到的
I think we can make it now.
没关系的
Mn-mn. – Mm-hmm, it’s okay. Hm.
这些人就是我们要投靠的朋友
These are the friends we were trying to reach! Ha!
小姐 请和教授上回到车上
Please, get in the car with the professor.
这样缠 缅♥甸♥的服装都和你一样狼狈了 我来教你怎样缠
Like so. Burmese dress becomes you very much. I will show you how to tie it.
在这里必须折一下然后才能缠得紧
It’s necessary to be born here to tie it so it stay tight.
佛语有云 精神生活是高贵的友谊 谨记不要独食
Buddha said spiritual life is noble friendship and never let a meal go by without sharing it.
来 让我们敬教授一杯 英式的
So let us drink to the professor in English style!
为教授欢呼三声
Three cheers for the professor! Hip-hip, hurray! Hip-hip, hurray! Hip-hip, hurray!
祝他长寿
And may he live a long life.
我们都是他在仰光大学里的学生
We were all his students at rangoon university.
他是最好的教授 -他确实是
He was best professor. – Yes, he was.
为什么你不再教学了呢
Mm, why don’t you teach anymore?
都是因为我
It’s because of me.
1974年我组织学生民♥运♥
I was organizing the student democracy movement of 1974.
军队镇♥压♥了民♥运♥ 我被捕了
The army smashed it. They arrested me.
他当时只有16岁
He was only 16 years old.
他们用酷刑折磨他 逼他为军队做苦活
‘They tortured him, made him slave for army.’
五个月后我逃了出来
but after five months, I escaped.
我病了
I was sick.
向教授求助
I came to professor for help.
教授将我藏了起来
He take me in.
因为帮我 教授坐了两年牢
For helping me, professor was sent to prison for two years
而且终身被禁教学
‘and was forbidden from teaching ever again.’

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!