远东之旅
本片的制♥作♥灵感来源于真实事件
此次旅行是安迪的主意
The trip was Andy’s idea.
同意比反对更容易
It was easier to say yes than argue.
和我姐相处往往都是这样
Always that way with my sister.
她的出发点是好的
She meant well.
她以为充满异域风情的东方之旅
A touch of the exotic east would get me away from all the things
会令我忘掉所有能勾起我回忆的事情
that reminded me of what had happened.
但事实并非如此
But it didn’t.
无论我望向哪里
Wherever I looked,
只会看到我活不下去的瞬间
I saw only the moment when my life ended.
丹尼
Danny!
天啊!
Oh, my god!
但我们再世为人的机会是非常非常小的
‘But our chances of being reborn’ ‘as a human being’ ‘are very, very slim.’
请注意台阶 它们并不怎么…
Please watch these steps. They’re not exactly..
…好走…
Okay.
在佛教里 受苦受难是为人所接受的…
Uh, please, i-in the Buddhist world where suffering is the accepted condition of man
…能完全放下 超脱凡尘 是人的终极成就
the attainment of perfect detachment is the, is the ultimate achievement.
看这边 壮不壮观?
‘here, look what we have. Mm! Isn’t this splendid?’
大家看
‘look, look.’
卧像代表佛陀即将离世涅槃
The reclining figure represents the Buddha just before he passed into nirvana
…最后舍下一切俗世欲念
having at last divested himself of all earthly desire
…因此面带功行圆♥满♥的微笑
hence the smile of perfect contentment.
我想我在东方可以找到某些东西…
I suppose I thought I might find something in the east
…某种答案
some kind of answer.
我看着那些石像…
I stared at those stone faces..
…但没什么能启发我
…but nothing stirred in me.
我整个人就像顽石
I was stone myself.
‘Yeah, we have here..’
佛教♥徒♥或许不相信灵魂的存在
‘The Buddhist may not believe in a soul’
不过佛祖的脚底那就是另一回事了
注:在英语里,[sole脚底]和[soul灵魂]发音相同
‘but the sole of the Buddha’s feet is a different matter.’
女士们请仔细观察这些图像
Now, yes, observe carefully the pictograms, ladies
你会发现上面不但记录着佛祖的生平事迹…
and you will see not only a record of the Buddha’s life..
还有开端
The boot.
安迪 -快 帮我拿着
Andy! – Here, hold this!
安迪
Andy!
别动他
Don’t move him!
他叫什么名字? -盖尔
‘What’s his name?’ – ‘Gael.’
法语名字吗? 盖尔 盖尔
ah. Parle francais? – Oui. Uh, Gael? Gael?
我是医生 请放心
I’m a doctor. It’s okay.
还好 伤到哪了? 告诉我哪儿疼?
‘Ah, good, where does it hurt? Tell me where it hurts.’
这里吗? -啊 感谢老天!
‘here?’ – aye, thank god!
好了 扶起来 观察一段时间
‘Alright. Sit up. Watch him for a couple of hours.’
如果他呕吐或头晕就带到医院去检查 清楚吗?
‘if he starts vomiting, gets dizzy’ ‘take him to a hospital, okay?’
别忘了 八点钟在酒廊
Don’t forget, eight o’clock, mandalay lounge.
我将会以图示方式向你们解说泰国建筑的精妙…
I’ll be giving an illustrated lecture to prepare us for the architectural joys of Thailand
…有很多非常棒的图片
a lot of wonderful slides.
请把钥匙给我们?
Could we have our key, please?
请再找找这个号♥码好吗?
Could you try this number again, please?
我们治理这个国家的时候是没有问题的
When we ran this country, it worked!
我的钥匙 拜托! -喂
My key, please! – Hello?
在此七天实在是太漫长了
Seven days here is seven days too long!
我的钥匙 -喂 喂
My key! – Oh!
不好意思
Excuse me.
真不敢相信那个小孩从佛像上掉下来了
I can’t believe that child falling today off of the Buddha!
他妈当时哪去了?
Where was his mother? – I don’t know.
也许这次旅行并不是个好主意
Maybe this trip wasn’t such a good idea.
不 这是个好主意
Yes, it was.
但没有用 是吗?
It hasn’t helped, though. Has it?
不是的 它帮到了我 真的
Yes, it has. Really, it has.
不 它没有
No, it hasn’t.
我的皮肤好干燥啊
My skin is so dry.
我知道你不想听
I know you don’t wanna hear this,
但我认为你最好还是回去工作
but I think the best thing you could do is go back to work.
从一开始我就不该去工作
I never should have been working in the first place.
什么意思?
What do you mean?
那时我应该陪着尼克和我们的儿子
I could have been spending that time with Nick and our boy.
但我们都以为你傲 尼克尤其如此
But we were so proud of you, especially Nick.
他希望你成为一名医生
He wanted you to be a doctor.
你这个样子他现在会怎么想呢?
What would he want now?
我知道
I know.
对不起
I’m sorry.
我说过旅途中不提这件事的
I know I promised I wouldn’t talk about it on this trip.
但我刚说了 是的
But I did. – So?
丹尼
Danny.
丹尼
Danny.
住手 快停下
Uh, stop! Uh, I dare you!
你敢叫我停手?
You dare me to stop? – Yeah. Ah!
天啊 什么事情
Oh, god. What?
没事 继续睡吧
It’s okay. Go back to sleep.
你在这里干什么 是美国人吗? 是的
America, la? Are you america? – Yes.
昂山素季! 昂山素季!
‘Aung San suu kyi! Aung San suu kyi!’ – ‘aung San suu kyi!’ – ‘Aung San suu kyi!’
美国人?你是美国人? 是的
American? Are you American? – Yes.
美国人知道昂山素季吗?
American knows aung San suu kyi!
我不认识 她大名鼎鼎
‘No, I don’t.’ – ‘Very famous.’
她很美 -她将带领我们走向民♥主♥
she’s very beautiful. – She will lead us to democracy.
来 上来 在这里看得更清楚 看啊
Come. Come up here! You will see better up here. Come! Look!
她在哪里?
Where is she?
快看 她来了
Look! Here she comes now!
昂山素季! 昂山素季!
‘Aung San suu kyi!’ – ‘Aung San suu kyi!’
小朋友 你好
Hello, little one.
昂山素季! 昂山素季!
Aung San suu kyi!
怎么了 发生了什么事? -你去哪了?
What, what’s the matter? Laura, where did you go?
这些年轻人刚跟我们说你可能惹了大♥麻♥烦
Laura, the-these young men were just telling us you could have run into some very serious trouble.
今晚外头有很多暴徒
There are many hooligans out tonight.
不敢相信你居然报了警 -这不是闹着玩的!
I can’t believe you called the police. – This is not funny!
长官说 你们美国人以为其他国家的法律对你们不管用
The colonel says you Americans think other nations’ laws don’t apply to you.
但 在这管用
Well, here they do.
你违反了宵禁令
You broke curfew.
这会令你坐牢的
You could go to prison for that.
是吗 你告诉他贵国似乎没有禁止男人用枪威胁女人的法律
Yeah, well, tell him that your country doesn’t seem to have a law against men pointing guns at women!
你们有吗?
Do you? Do you?
我代我妹妹向你道歉 她没有不敬的意思
I want to apologize for my sister. She means no disrespect.
请放心 我们明天一早就乘机飞曼谷
Uh, well-well, don’t worry, we’re on the 8:30 A.M. flight for Bangkok in the morning
即使我们要找麻烦也没时间了
and we couldn’t get into anymore trouble even if we wanted to.
你可以走了 -走吧 快走
You may go. – Go. Go.
谢谢你的关心 我们现在没事了
Uh, well, thank you, uh, for your concern. ‘I’m sure we’ll, we will all be alright now.’
很抱歉这么晚都要你过来
uh, sorry you had to, uh, come out so late.
你妹发什么疯
What is wrong with your sister?
她丈夫和儿子被谋杀了 枪杀 都死了
Her husband and boy were murdered. They were shot dead. They’re dead.
天啊 我毫不知情 她只跟我说她没结婚
Oh, my god! I had no idea. She just told me she wasn’t married.
她没有 是吗?
Well, she isn’t, is she?
一定在这里的某个地方 不
‘It’s got to be here some place.’ I-It’s not.
你昨晚外出时是带上了护照的 是吗?
You had your passport when you went out last night, right?
我确定它当时就在我的钱包里
I’m sure I had it in my purse.
我猜那些人并非你想的那么纯朴
Well, I guess those people weren’t all as idealistic as you thought.
我真敢不信会被他们偷了
I can’t believe one of them would have taken it.
唉 萝拉
Oh, Laura.
我怎么说你才好呢?
What am I gonna do with you?
快穿好衣服 我们要迟到了
Come on. Get dressed. We’re gonna be late.
机场已关闭
‘This airport is closed..’
出什么事了? -她没护照 他们不让她走
what happened? – They won’t let her go without a passport.
你说真的吗? -他们甚至认为她在街上把护照给卖♥♥了
You’re not serious! They even suggested she tried to sell it in the streets, for god’s sake!
太荒谬了 -他们甚至不受贿赂
That’s ridiculous! – They won’t even take a bribe!
我们该怎么办? -你必须到大使♥馆♥去办一张新的
But what are we gonna do? – You’re going to have to go to the embassy and get a new one,
你恐怕要坐星期五的飞机走了
you’ll probably get on Friday’s flight.
而我们就必须坐现在这趟航♥班♥马上走
As for us, we’re getting on this one right now!
我留下跟她一起 -不 绝对不行
‘I’m staying with her.’ – ‘No, you’re not!’
这样你们只会被逮捕
you’ll only get arrested. A lot good you’ll do her in jail.
他们凭什么抓我
And what would they arrest me for?
你在这个国家逗留时间不能超过七天
You can’t stay in this country for more than seven days.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!