但是我们恐怕都得独自跳舞了 露琳
we just may have to dance with ourselves, Lureen.
我们的丈夫对跳舞可一点兴趣都没有
Our husbands ain’t the least bit interested in dancing.
他们一点节奏感都没有
They ain’t got a smidgen of rhythm between them.
说起来很好笑 不是吗
It’s funny, isn’t it?
丈夫总是不愿意与自己的妻子跳舞
Husbands don’t never seem to wanna dance with their wives.
你说这是为什么呢 杰克
Why do you think that is, Jack?
不知道 没想过
I don’t know, I never give it any thought.
想跳舞吗
Wanna dance?
当然 谢谢
Yes, thank you.
你介意吗
Do you mind?
不 不介意 请便
No, it’s all right. Go ahead.
好的
All right.
失陪
Pardon us.
谢谢你邀请我跳舞
Thank you for asking me to dance with you.
我很感激 兰道尔就从来不邀请我
I really appreciate that. Randall never does.
上次我们一起跳舞应该还是在我们的婚礼上
Last time I did, I think it was our wedding.
欢迎来到1978年柴尔德里斯县儿童之家慈善晚宴
多亏当时你和露琳出现了
It’s a good thing you and Lureen happened along when you did
否则我们肯定
or else we’d still be stuck
还被困在路边的坏皮卡车里呢
on the side of the road in that darn pickup.
我就跟兰道尔说应该开轿车的
I told Randall we ought to take the car.
当然了 他是从来不听我的
Of course, he’d never listen to me.
就算他明天就要聋了 今天他也不会听我说话
He wouldn’t listen to me if he was going deaf tomorrow.
我跟他说了光用口香糖和打包钢丝
I told him it’d take more than chewing gum and baling wire
修不好那辆车
to fix that pickup.
当然了 他本身也不太懂机械
Well, he’s never been very mechanical, though.
来这边问问…
Come over here and ask…
你有没有发现
You ever notice how a woman
女人在参加派对前总要扑粉
will powder her nose before she goes to a party?
而且离开派对时还要再补一次
And then she’ll powder it again once the party’s over.
一回家就睡觉为什么还要补粉
I mean, why powder your nose just to go home and go to bed?
不知道
Don’t know.
就算我想知道
Even if I wanted to know,
我和拉夏说话时 也插不上空问这个问题
I couldn’t get a word in with Lashawn long enough to ask.
那女人就是个话匣子
Woman talks a blue streak.
很有活力的女人
Lively little gal.
你会喜欢为罗伊·泰勒工作的
You’ll like working for Roy Taylor.
罗伊很可靠
He’s solid, Roy.
是啊 罗伊 他挺好的
Yeah, Roy. He’s a good old boy.
他在肯普湖有个小木屋
He’s got a little cabin down on Lake Kemp.
简陋的小房♥子 还有条小船
Got a crappie house, little boat.
他说我想用随时都能用
Said I could use it whenever I want.
哪个周末我们应该一起去一次
We ought to go down there some weekend.
喝点威士忌 钓钓鱼
Drink a little whiskey, fish some.
换换心情 你说呢
Get away, you know?
就离南卫理公会大学不远
That was right out of SMU.
我本来可以在北达拉斯做任何想做的工作
I could’ve had my pick of pretty much any job in North Dallas.
我选了尼曼百货 那可是场灾难
So my pick was Neiman Marcus, which was a disaster
因为亲爱的 面对衣服我毫无抵抗力
because, honey, where clothes is concerned, I got no resistance.
我花的比赚的多
I was spending more than I made.
兰道尔的工资可不够我花的
More than Randall ever will make.
我们来这里是想着
We come out here thinking
经营大农场还是老式那一套 大帽子 万宝路
that ranching was still big hats and Marlboros.
天 我们可过时了对吧
Boy, were we behind the times.
小阿尔玛 准备好了吗
Hey there, Junior. You ready?
你是怎么想的
What do you think?
你觉得你父亲会安定下来吗
Your daddy ever gonna see fit to settle down again?
不知道 也许他不适合结婚
Don’t know. Maybe he’s not the marrying kind.
你觉得他不适合吗
You don’t think so?
还是觉得我不适合他
Or you don’t think I’m the one for him?
你挺好的
You’re good enough.
你话不多 但是意思清楚明白
You don’t say much, but you get your point across.
抱歉 我无意冒犯
Sorry. I didn’t mean to be rude.
好了
All right.
你可不能坐下 牛仔
You’re staying on your feet, cowboy.
失陪 亲爱的
Excuse me, darling.
下周末去教堂做完礼拜 我来接你和珍妮
So I’ll pick you and Jenny up next weekend, after church.

Fine.
你还好吗
You all right?
挺好
Yes.
真的吗
Are you sure?
爸爸 我在想 因为家里马上就要添个孩子
Daddy, I was thinking, what with the new baby and all,
妈妈和门罗对我都很严格
Ma and Monroe have been awful strict on me.
比对珍妮还严格
More on me than Jenny even.
我在想 我能不能
I was thinking, maybe I could…
能不能搬过去和你住
Maybe I could come stay with you.
我会帮上很多忙的 我保证
I’d be an awful good help, I know I would.
你知道我照顾不了你
Now, you know I ain’t set up for that.
马上就要赶拢牲畜了
With the roundup coming,
我都没时间回家
I won’t ever be home.
没事 爸爸
It’s all right, Daddy.
我不是说我不愿意
I’m not saying that I wouldn’t…
没事 我理解
It’s all right, I understand.
那周日见吧
Well, see you on Sunday, then.
再见
Bye.
再见 亲爱的
Bye, sweetheart.
今晚肯定要下雪了
Going to snow tonight for sure.
是啊
Yup.
这么久了 你都没找到合适的人再婚吗
All this time and you ain’t found nobody else to marry?
我最近和里弗顿的
I been putting the blocks
一个漂亮女孩相处得还不错
to a good-looking little gal over in Riverton.
她是个服务员
She’s a waitress.
想去上护士学校还是什么的
Wants to go to nursing school or something.
我不知道
I don’t know.
你和露琳呢
What about you and Lureen?
在机器这行业 无论多难搞的客户露琳都能应付
Lureen’s good at making hard deals in the machinery business
但是在婚姻方面
but as far as our marriage goes,
我们已经形同陌路
we could do it over the phone.
我现在和鲁特斯那边
I kind of got this thing going
一个农场工头的妻子有点情况
with a ranch foreman’s wife over in Rutters.
-什么 -我每次偷偷溜去见她
– What? – I’m bound to get shot
都担心会死在露琳或者她丈夫手上
by Lureen or her husband each time I slip off to see her.
我看你也是活该
You probably deserve it.
跟你说
Tell you what.
说老实话
The truth is,
我有时候特别想你 想到我都受不了了
sometimes I miss you so much, I can hardly stand it.
我想我要回闪平镇一趟
I guess I’ll head up on to Lightning Flat.
去父母家住两天
See the folks for a day or two.
有件事我一直想跟你说 兄弟
There’s something I been meaning to tell you, bud.
我下次再来这里可能要到11月了
Well, it’s likely November before I can come out here again.
等牲畜被运走后 还要赶在冬饲开始之前
After we ship stock and before winter feeding starts again.
11月
November.
8月怎么就不行了
What in the hell ever happened to August?
老天呐 恩尼斯
Christ, Ennis.
你憋了一整周 非要到现在才说
You know, you had a fucking week to say some little word about this.
为什么我们总是大冷天相聚
Why is it we’re always in the frigging cold?
我们应该去南边暖和点的地方
We ought to go south where it’s warm, you know!
我们应该去墨西哥
We ought to go to Mexico.
墨西哥
Mexico?
杰克 你知道我的
Hell, Jack, you know me.
我最远的旅行
About all the traveling I ever done
就是绕着咖啡壶找壶把
is around a coffee pot, looking for the handle.
好了 杰克 别生我的气
Come on, Jack. Lighten up on me.
11月我们可以打猎
We can hunt in November.
打头麋鹿
Kill us a nice elk.
我试试能不能再借借唐·洛的小木屋
I’ll try if I can get Don Wroe’s cabin again.
那年我们在那里玩得很开心 不是吗
We had a good time that year, didn’t we?
时间永远不够 永远不够
There’s never enough time, never enough.
你要知道 朋友
You know, friend,
这种情况太他妈让人苦恼了
this is a goddamn bitch of an unsatisfactory situation.
你以前能常来

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!