这会对角色增添些变化 – 是啊,这主意很好
it could add some variation to the character. – Yes, that’s a wonderful idea.
“心是一座迷宫…”
The heart is “labyrinthinine…”
“一个被狂暴的瀑布和重重障碍物,所围绕的迷宫”
“a maze beset with brutal pitfalls and mean obstacles.”
戴维,我说不了这句台词,它没意义,它很蠢,我不能理解
David, I can’t say that line. It doesn’t make sense. It’s stupid. I don’t get it.
这只是对一种想法风格化的表述 – 想法?什么想法?
It’s just a stylish way of expressing a particular idea. – Idea? What idea?
爱情的剧痛,建立关系的困难
The agony of love. The difficulty of relating.
你干嘛把它搞得这么拗口? – 说它就好了
Why do you have to make it so hard to say? – Just say the line.
不行,我说不了,这简直好无条理 – 毫无条理!
No, I can’t say it. It’s a mouthful of “ghibberish”. – Gibberish!
我说不了,我也不会说的 – 把它说了吧
I can’t say it, and I will not say it. – Just do the line.
不行!我不会让自己出丑
No! I’m not making a fool of myself.
她说对了,这台词很烂
She’s right, it stinks.
哦,天,聪明人又来了
Oh-ho, Jesus, another party heard from.
这对白很傻,根本没人这样说话
It’s a stupid way of talkin’, and nobody talks like that.
真是难以置信 -“弗兰肯斯坦”先生说对了
I don’t believe this is happening. – Frankenstein is right.
当我需要你发表意见时,我会问你的
When I want your opinion, I will ask for it.
我真受不了这些垃圾,我天天坐在这…
I can’t stand to listen to this garbage. Every day I sit back there…
天天在听同样的狗屁
and I hear the same bullshit over and over again.
那就走吧,没人留你
Then leave. No one asked you here.
戴维,别激动
Oh, David, take it easy.
你在哪学的写作?星星监狱?
Where did you study play writing? Was it Sing Sing?
“一个被狂暴的瀑布围绕的迷宫”
“A maze beset by brutal pitfalls…”
嘿,奥利芙,我这句记得清楚,我告诉你…
Hey, Olive, I memorized it, and I’m tellin’ ya…
它每次都像狗屎一样发臭!
it comes to me all the time, and it stinks on fuckin’ hot ice!
行了,我不干了,真是离谱 – 戴维
That’s it. I quit. This is crazy. – David.
哦,别这样,我还宿醉着呢 – 我饿了
Oh, please, I have a little hangover! – I am famished.
大家,大家,我们要不吃午餐吧?一小时?
Everyone, everyone, why don’t we take lunch? An hour?
你要是不愿说这句台词
You don’t wanna say the goddamned line…
那就别他妈说 – 哦,看你这样儿,愤怒先生
don’t say the goddamned line! – Oh, look at you, Mr. Temperamental.
要是那贱狗再多叫一声…
lf that rat on a leash barks one more time…
它听上去很悲哀,它怎么了? – 你可以把那句改掉
He sounds melancholy. Is he melancholy? – You can trim the line.
就因为她说不好? – 因为你自己也说这句话有毛病
Because she can’t handle it? – Because you said yourself you were having trouble with it.
哦原来你也同意那猩猩的话? – 戴维,行行好吧,一句话而已!
So you agree with the gorilla? – David, for Christ sake! It’s one line!
这不会破坏整场戏! – 这不是重点!
It’s not going to wreck the scene. – That’s not the point!
突然之间我要听从,一个肌肉发达的白♥痴♥的建议了
Suddenly I’m taking suggestions from a strong-arm man with an l.Q. of minus 50.
我受够了!
I’ve had it!
戴维,看在老天份上,得了 – 看看谁来了
David, for goodness’ sake. Come on. – Look who’s here.
哦,天哪,给我拿把来♥福♥枪♥!
Oh, God! Get my rifle!
我觉得我过度敏感是因为可能在潜意识里,我同意那暴徒的观点
I guess I’m just hypersensitive because maybe deep down, I agree with the goon.
可能它确实很浮夸,我也不知道,我神经过敏 – 不,平静一下吧
Maybe it is a turgid line. I don’t know. My nerves are shot. – No. Just calm yourself.
海伦,这剧本不出效果,不出效果是因为我写的不好,这剧本不好,不是因为奥利芙
Helen, the play is not working. It’s not working, and it’s in my writing. It’s not just Olive.
所以说我们需要排演啊,所以说我们需要出来透透风
That’s the reason we have rehearsal. That’s the reason we go out of town.
你的态度这么积极,我真幸运
You have such a wonderful attitude. I’m so lucky.
我每天工作最大的乐趣
The best part of this project every day is that I get to come to work…
就是能见到你并且和你共事
and see you and be with you and work with you.
我并不想把一整天都毁掉 – 那就不要
I don’t mean to spoil the day. – Then let’s not.
坐下,我给你看些东西
Sit down here. I’m going to show you something.

Okay.
这是整个公园里我最喜欢的一角
This is my favorite spot in the park.
到冬天,当公园被雪覆盖时…
And in winter, when it’s covered with snow…
大约下午四点半,当天色变黑街灯初亮的时候…
at about 4:30 in the afternoon, when it’s just getting dark and the lights come on…
一切都雾蒙蒙的
it’s all misty.
然后你就能看到曼哈顿地平线的轮廓,透过树丛映入眼中
And you can just see the silhouettes of the Manhattan skyline through the trees.
就像魔法一般
And it’s magical.
就像魔法一般
It’s magical.
海伦,我想我爱上你了
Helen, I think I’m falling in love with you.
不要
Don’t.
我不知道我能否克制自己 – 戴维,求你了,我们要坚强
I don’t know if I can help it. – David, please, we must be strong.
我把对你的感觉已经抑制了很久,但我还是想对你说很多
I’ve kept a check on my feelings for so long, but there’s so much that I want to say.
哦,话语,话语算什么 – 哦,天
What are words? – Oh, gosh.
戴维,真正有意义的事物都是难以解释的
David, everything meaningful is in some unexplainable form.
它们…它们比语言更原始
It’s…It’s more primordial than mere language.
我不确定我听没听懂 – 哦,沉默吧
I’m not sure I follow that one. – Oh, be silent.
沉默吧 – 海伦…
Be silent. – Helen…
不要,让我们只是坐在这里,把思绪留给自己
No, let’s just sit here holding our thoughts.
不要泄露它们,静默吧
Not revealing them. Be still.
把歌♥声留给鸟儿,把心声留在心里
Let the birds have their song. Let ours for now remain unsung.
你太神奇了
You’re amazing.
住手,住手
Stop it. Stop it.
我没那心情! – 什么叫你没那心情?
I’m not in the mood! – What do you mean you’re not in the mood?
姑娘,你最好有那心情,因为是他付的房♥租
Honey, you better get in the mood, ’cause he’s payin’ the rent.
闭嘴,维纳斯!我跟你说了…没心情
Shut up, Venus! Just what I said: I’m not in the mood.
凭什么每次你有心情的时候,我就要有心情? – 别找茬了,好吗
Do I have to be in the mood every time you are? – Stop puttin’ on the airs.
我没找茬 – 我从来不知道你还有没心情的时候
I’m not puttin’ on airs. – I never knew you when you wasn’t ready for a little action.
这个嘛,今天我就没心情,我累了,排练很艰辛
Well, today, I’m not ready for action. I’m tired. Rehearsal is hard.
把你的“引擎”发动起来吧 – 不行!
Get your motor goin’. – No!
嘿,我给你买♥♥了点东西 – 什么?
Hey, I brought you somethin’. – What?
唔 – 嗯
Huh? – Hmm.
你觉得怎么样?快点了
What do ya say? Come on.
尼克 – 哦,我搞到一大瓶法国红酒
Nickie. – Oh, I got a great bottle of French wine.
乔伊·福斯特亲手酿的
Joey Foster made it himself.
拉丁情人,我累坏了
Pasadena. I’m pooped.
♪ Let’s misbehave ♪
♪ There’s something wild about you, child…♪
今天,艾伦来看我们排练
Today, Ellen came to watch rehearsal.
见到演员阵容时她很激动,特别是见到华纳·普赛尔时
She was very excited to meet the cast, especially Warner Purcell.
华纳,华纳,这是艾伦,我女朋友 – 哦!很高兴见到你
Warner, Warner, Warner. This is Ellen. My girlfriend. – Oh! Pleased to meet you.
你该为他自豪,他很有天赋 – 是的,很有
You should be very proud. He has a rare talent. – Yes, he does.
我们最早半小时的工作很顺畅
The morning proceeded very smoothly for the first half hour.
然后就又发生了一件小争端
And then another incident occurred.
内心跟随着自己的规律,哈!
The heart obeys its own rules. Ha!
作为医生,你不怎么尊重理性
As a doctor, your respect for rationalities is not very profound.
戴维,呃…戴维,我能… – 嗯?
David, l…David, can l… – Yes?
我不明白这角色,突然之间她变得太聪明了
I don’t understand the character here. Suddenly, she’s too wise.
还有,戴维,我不懂为什么她要让她甩掉未婚夫
And, David, I don’t know why she’s telling her to dump her fiance.
她爱上了中尉 – 中尉?
She’s caught up with the Lieutenant. – The Lieutenant?
但听上去她好像在把,作者的哲学观念灌输给大家
But it’s as if she’s just mouthing the playwright’s philosophy.
为什么她不能直接离开汤姆? – 因为她做事冲动
Why would she just up and leave Tom? – Because she’s impulsive.
这不太对劲 – 嗯,是啊,而且我不懂,呃…
It doesn’t feel right. – Well, yeah, and I don’t understand, you know…
如果我是医生,为什么要给她这种不好的建议呢?
if I’m a doctor, how come I’m giving her such bad advice?
这不是不好的建议 – 这就是不好的建议
It’s not bad advice. – It is bad advice.
但是戴维你看,在上一幕里,她说过汤姆改变了她一生
But, David, you see, in Act l, she says that Tom changed her life.
是的,但现在她又鲁莽地爱上了中尉 – 这一点都不合理
Yes, but she’s recklessly driven to the Lieutenant. – It doesn’t make sense.
试一试吧 – 这很矛盾
Just give it a chance. – There’s something contradictory about it.
试一试吧 – 剧本就是写的不好
Just give it a chance. – It’s just bad writing.
我告诉你们哪里出问题了
I’ll tell ya what’s wrong.
天啊!朱利安? – 先等一下
Oh, Christ! Julian? – Now let’s wait a minute.
我们不要再引起争执了 – 她不应该离开那家伙
Let’s not get into a situation here. – She shouldn’t leave the guy.
他们该在一起的
She should stick with him.
这样等中尉和妻子吵了架离开之后,他才会留意到她
Then when the Lieutenant has that fight with his wife and walks out, he should notice her.
那样的话就不会无聊了
That way, it won’t be boring.
谁说句话啊!
Somebody say something!
我觉得这主意挺好 – 主意不错
I think it’s a good idea. – It’s not a bad one.
你开玩笑 – 不,没有
You’re kidding. – Oh, no.
这个,呃,这个真不错
It’s, uh… It really isn’t.
个人来说我喜欢这点子,我觉得很有戏剧性
Personally, I like it. I think it’s very dramatic.
艾伦,你看见我面对的是什么情况吗?你看到我每天要容忍♥什么了吗?
Ellen, do you see what I’m up against? Do you see what I have to put up with?
我觉得他的想法很有意思 – 什么?
I think he has an interesting concept. – What?
更不用说…
Not to say that…
这样她就没离开中尉 – 对
She doesn’t leave the Lieutenant. – Right.
也没离开未婚夫 – 对
She doesn’t leave her fiance. – Right.
我们去掉那场戏,突然间增加了很多种可能性
We lose that scene, and suddenly a lot of good possibilities open up.
这比你写的好多了 – 说实话我喜欢这点子
It’s a helluva lot better than what you got. – I actually like it.
你帮他说话? – 这不是立场问题
You’re taking his side? – It’s not a question of sides.
戴维,他是对的,剧本总是在这里卡住 – 试试看
David, she’s right. The play always bogged down there. – Try it.
这就是演员们演戏不自在的原因 – 我没法这么改
That’s why the actors always looked so uncomfortable. – I can’t make those changes.
为什么不改?那他们怎样重逢呢? – 因为…
Why not? H-H-How do they meet again? – Because the…
中尉留意到她,对吧?然后就开始追她
The Lieutenant notices her, right? And then, he goes after her.
我是说,现实里就是这样发生的,他去追她,承认吧!
I mean, that’s the way it would happen in real life. He goes after her. Come on.
你不能这么固执,小子,我是说,要是这样能为整个戏打开局面…
You can’t force it, kid. I mean, if it’s meant to go in a whole other direction…
我不干了! – 哦,别这么自私!
I quit! – Oh, don’t be so egotistical.
我要走了 – 自私?为什么?就因为我捍卫我的剧本
I’m outta here. – Egotistical? Why? Because I protect my play?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!