-we really don’t know anything yet. -Mm…hmm.
她昨天去看过医生…
Uh, she went to the doctor yesterday, and, uh,
目前癌细胞还没有…转移
it hasn’t meta…metastasized…
目前只知道这些
as far as they can tell right now.
现在只有静观其变
It’s just kind of wait and see.
我很难过
I’m so sorry.
告诉她 我下次经过时会去看她
Tell her I’m gonna come by and see her on my next layover.
斯坦 我们都很关心你们俩
I want you to know, Stan, we are all thinking about her and you.
-只有祷告 -谢谢 格文
-And just blessings. -Thankyou, Gwen.
你好 我是凯莉 要找查克请按1
Hi, this is Kelly. If you’re calling for Chuck, press one.
否则请留言 谢谢
Otherwise, leave a message after the tone. Thanks.
斯坦…
Stan.
我听说…
Listen. Uh, I heard about this…
在亚特兰大的艾莫雷有个医生
I heard about this doctor down in Emory, in Atlanta.
听说很棒…
Uh, he’s supposed to be the absolute best.
医治过弗兰克·杜蕾塔的太太
He worked on Frank Toretta’s wife.
弗兰克·杜蕾塔是系统分♥析♥员
Frank Toretta is a systems analyst.
是我们的中场运动员 你认识他的
He played center field for us. You know him.
在去年劳动节垒球巡回赛上
In the softball tournament last Labor Day.
跑题了 不管怎样
Anyway, beside the point.
我想我可以找到他的电♥话♥号♥码
Uh, what I was thinking is, is that I could get his number…
医生 还有…
the doctor…and, uh,
你们联♥系♥…
you know, put you all together and…
你们可以解决这个问题的
You know, you could get this thing fixed.
你们可以战胜它
You could beat it.
谢谢你 查克
Thanks, Chuck.
那我去找电♥话♥号♥码
So, I’ll get his number.
-凯莉·费亚兹在吗? -她在复印她的论文
-Is Kelly Frears around? -She’s copying her dissertation.
-你回来了 -是回来了
-You’re home. -Home indeed.
你回来我真开心
I love that you’re home.
再过几天圣诞老人就要开始送礼了
Just days before Santa departs on his annual gift-giving venture,
他身体健康 适合飞行
he’s been declared physically fit to fly.
圣诞老人在乔治亚州奥古斯塔医院检查过
Santa got checked out by doctors at the V.A. Hospital in Augusta, Georgia.
在医生宣布老圣人身体极佳之后
After they declared the jolly old elfin tiptop shape,
他冲入蓝天 提前出发
Santa Claus took off into the wild blue yonder for an early start.
在撒拉热窝 他跟孩子们共度了一天
In Sarajevo, he spent the day with children,
分发礼物 甚至帮助装饰…
handing outpresents and even helping them decorate
特别的圣诞树
the special Christmas tree.
他和助手去了…
Santa and a sea of elves took over the floor…
香港期货交易所
at the Hong Kong Futures Exchange.
交易所经纪买♥♥了圣诞帽 还捐赠…
Market traders bought Santa hats, donating…
火鸡有点干吧?
The turkey’s a little dry, isn’t it?
-不 -味道好极了!
-No. -The turkey is perfect.
-昨晚你做了多少? -昨晚? 290万
-How many did you do last night? -Last night? 2.9 million.
现在你应该去市场多吃几个甜薯
Now you’ve got to be in the market for more of these candied yams.
就这样
Here you go.
290万一定破纪录了
2.9 has got to be the record.
看看这些糖汁
Look at those marshmallows.
我们那时做到200万
When I was there, we did two million.
-感觉已经不少了 -光荣的日子
-We thought that was a big deal. -The glory days.
-第一天晚上送出了多少? -就第一天晚上?
-What’d they do the first night? -The very first night?
-12个 -一万两千吧?
-Twelve. -Twelve thousand?
-天啊 不是 12个 -就那些
-Hell, no. Twelve. -That’s right.
他们就在那个桌上分类
And they did the sort right there on a card table.
弗雷德·史密斯将那张桌子镀了铜
And Fred Smith had that card table bronzed.
这个故事我听了5年了
I’ve been hearing that for five years.
那桌子直到今天还在他办公室里
It’s in his office today.
他们从那儿到安哥拉治的中心
They go from that to the new hub up in Anchorage.
那就是技术发展水平…
It’s state of the art…
科技和系统管理思想的完美结合
a perfect marriage…between technology and systems management.
谈到结合 查克 你什么时候娶凯莉啊?
Speaking of marriage, Chuck, when are you gonna make an honest woman out of Kelly?
-多久? -开始吃饭14分钟
-How long? -Fourteen minutes into the meal.
-你赢了 我欠你5块 -赢了
-You won. I owe you $5. -So I win.
-离上甜点还早着呢 -我告诉过他快上了
-Way before the pie. -I told him on the way up.
上甜点的时候 结婚…
Right about the time the pie came out, the marriage…
凯莉还没忘记那个假释犯
Kelly is still recovering from her failed relationship with that parolee.
他是名律师
He was a lawyer.
我知道得举起你的右手
I knew it had something to do with raising your right hand…
与发誓说真话有关
and swearing to tell the truth.
记得他在婚礼宴会跌倒 摔伤肩膀吗?
Remember when he fell on the sidewalk and broke his shoulder at the wedding reception?
他为我开车门 在人行道边绊倒了
He tripped on a curb holding a door open for me.
-凯莉阿姨结过婚? -那根本不值一提
-Aunt Kelly was married before? -It’s not even worth remembering.
自从她跟假释犯的婚姻失败后
So since her failed marriage to the parolee…
-天啊 -凯莉不能跟戴传呼机的人上♥床♥
-Oh, my God. -Kelly can’t see being with a man who wears a pager to bed.
戴着上♥床♥的话 你放在哪儿啊?
What’re you gonna attach it to, Hoss?
如果你戴着它上♥床♥ 我倒希望你戴着那种…
When you wear it to bed, I hope you got one of those things…
能够振动的东西
that go vibratin’.
我不会碰那个的
Watch it. I’m not touching that.
你咬到橄榄核了?
Oh, did you hit an olive pit?
-我想我都挑出来了 -不 不是核
-I thought I took all of them out. -No, no, it’s not that.
-星期六我取消了 -别取消
-Okay, I’ll cancel Saturday. -No, don’t.
如果我在 就是在 不在
If I’m not here, I’m not. But if I am, well,
-就是不在 -取消了
-then I am. -It’s cancelled.
不过你新年前夕一定要来
But you gotta be here New Year’s Eve.
马来西亚不会那么糟 我会到这儿的
Malaysia can’t be that bad. I’ll be here New Year’s Eve.
-你什么时候答辩论文? -1月12日
-When are you defending your dissertation? -January 12.
我将更改去南美的日期
I’m gonna have to switch over the South America thing.
如果我3号♥或4号♥去
If I do that on the third or fourth,
13号♥我就会往回飞
I’m gonna have to head back out on the 13th.
只要你除夕夜在就可以了
So long as you’re here New Year’s Eve.
我答应你 除夕夜一定在
I will be here New Year’s Eve. I promise.
-什么? -圣诞节呢? 我有礼物要给你
-What? -What about our Christmas? I got a gift for you.
我们得在车上交换了
We have to do it in the car.
*You’ll be doing all right*
我们只停一分钟可以吗? 谢谢
I’d just like a minute over here, all right? Thanks.
*But I’ll have a blue*
两分钟 行吗?
-*Blue, blue, blue Christmas* -Two minutes, okay?
两分多钟! 谢谢!
Two more minutes. Thanks. Hey!
-圣诞快乐 -我还怕你不给我礼物呢
-Merry Christmas. -I thought you were gonna stiff me.
-不会的 -这丝带是什么? 是钓大鱼的…
-No. -What is the ribbon? Is it a thousand-pound…
-鱼线吗? 还是别的什么? -这是给你的
-test fishing line or something? -Here’s your fancy thing.
谢谢
Thanks.
我喜欢这包装纸
I love the wrapping.
-我喜欢这个盒子 -好
-And I love the box. -Good.
啊 啊 天啊
Oh. Oh, my.
太好了
Oh, that is terrific.
我爷爷在南太平洋上用的
My grandaddy used it on the Southern Pacific.
我拍的 我最爱你这张照片
Hey, I took this. This is my favorite picture of you.
你知道我会怎么做吗? 我会一直将它保持在…
You know what I’m gonna do? I’m always gonna keep this…
孟菲斯时间
on Memphis time.
凯莉时间
Kelly time.
你还没说我给你的礼物怎么样 有问题吗?
You haven’t said anything about your presents. Is there a problem?
对不起 我很喜欢
I’m sorry, no! I love’em.
看看我的记事簿
Look at my journal. Ah!
-传呼机呢? -真皮 还有金边!
-What about the pager? -Real leather. The pages have gold on’em.
-你喜欢这传呼机吗? -当然
-Did you like the pager or not? -Yes.
很喜欢 看 它在蓝色的俄♥罗♥斯♥小屋里
I love it. Look at him in his little blue Russian house.
-在俄♥罗♥斯♥买♥♥的 -上帝
-It’s from Russia. -My God.
声音不会很大吧?
It’s not one of those loud ones?
不会 可以定时 它会震动发亮
No. You can program it so it vibrates…
黑暗中也能看到
and lights up and see it in the dark.
看起来真是个好传呼机
It seems like a real nice pager.
送毛巾 不好意思 给你选礼物真难
Sorry about the hand towels. You’re hard to shop for.
不会 我很喜欢!
No, no. I love’em.
-每当我洗手时都会想起你 -好了 我得走了
-Every time I wash my hands, I will think of you. -All right, I gotta go.
-圣诞快乐 -圣诞快乐
-Merry Christmas. -Merry Christmas.
-我爱你 -我也爱你
-I love you. -I love you too.
查克! 钥匙!
Chuck! Keys!
-谢谢 -这提醒了我 差点忘了
-Thankyou. -That reminds me. I almost forgot.
还有一份礼物送给你
I have one more present for you.
不过这不能在车上打开
Only this isn’t an “open in the car” kind of present…
不像那些毛巾

1
2
3
4
5
6
前一篇文章肖申克的救赎
下一篇文章我是传奇
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!