议员先生好
Mr. congressman.
总统先生好
Mr. president.
乔安妮·海瑞对你评价很高啊
Joanne herring speaks very highly of you.
谢谢你
Oh, well, thank you, sir. thank you.
他们俩是我的
These are two of my brightest advisors
苏联问题专家
When it comes to the problem of the soviets.
这位是拉希得准将
This is brigadier rashid.
-你好 -很高兴见到你
-How do you do? -pleased to meet you.
这是马姆上校 你好
Colonel mahmood. how do you do?
真高兴见到你
Pleased to meet you.
请到这边来
Please come.
谢谢
Thank you.
你一定渴了吧 喝点什么
You must be thirsty. can we get you a drink?
一杯冰和威士忌
Oh, actually I’d love a glass of ice and any kind of whiskey.
加拿大的裸麦威士忌酒
Rye, canadian.
议员先生 对不起
I’m sorry, congressman, we don’t have alcohol
总统府这里没有酒
In the presidential residence.
对不起 真是抱歉
Of course, you don’t. I apologize.
来点果汁吧
Fruit juice?
我敢打赌很多人都犯过这种错误
Bet a lot of people make that mistake.
没有
No.
准将 你先说吧
Brigadier?
你了解我们边界上的情形了吗
So you understand the situation on our border?
是的 那太糟糕了
Yes, sir, I think I do. and I think it’s terrible.
你代表得克萨斯州第二选区的所有人
And I know I speak for all the people in the texas second congressional district
为你们祈祷
When I say our thoughts and our prayers are with you.
得克萨斯州第二选区的所有人吗
All the people of the texas second congressional district,
是的 先生
You say? yes, indeed, sir.
三百万阿富汗难民像无家可归的牲畜一样生活
Three million afghan refugees are living like poorly treated livestock.
还有二百万逃到了伊朗
Another two million have fled into iran.
另外还有两百万愤怒的平民
And two million more angry men
米拉拉。。。。。这里。。。
Is just what the doctors ordered for iran, don’t you think?
成千上万人失去了生命
People are dying by the tens of thousands.
你知道每天有多少人
And the ones that aren’t are crossing into pakistan every day.
逃难来巴基斯坦吗
Would you like to know how many?
现在有五分之一的
One fifth of afghanistan now lives
阿富汗人生活在巴基斯坦的西北部边境地区
In pakistan’s north-west frontier province.
我一直在想
So, what I have been wondering is
为什么你们外♥交♥部♥
Why your state department would send someone here
不派个能解决问题的人来这里呢
Who thinks he understands the problem.
我不认为得克萨斯州第二选区所有居民的祈祷
Cause I don’t think the prayers of the texas second congressional district
可以改变这里的形势
Are going to turn the trick.
我不是外♥交♥部♥派来的
Well, now, I wasn’t sent here by the state department, mr. president.
是我在休斯敦的朋友让我来的
I was asked to come here by our friend in houston.
所以这只是一个礼貌性拜访
So this is a courtesy call.
我不要礼貌 我要飞机 枪♥支♥和钱
I don’t need courtesy. I need airplanes, guns and money.
我们刚刚把中情局的秘密活动预算增加了一倍…
Well, we just doubled the cia budget for covert ops…
从五百万到一千万
From 5 million to 10 million.
-对 -这开玩笑吧
That’s right. is that a joke?
-不是 -这完全就是个笑话
No. is that meant to be a funny joke?
-不 先生
No, sir.
议员先生 他们的意思是说
Congressman, what they’re saying is
美国人只用一千万美元来打击苏联军队
$10 million from the u.s. to fight the russian army
这钱太少了 很容易误会成一个笑话
Is such a low figure that it can be mistaken for a joke.
我知道你们的意思 请听我说
I caught up to the sarcasm there, sir. let me be clear.
美国迫切得想帮助你们
The united states is eager to assist you.
-没有 -没有
No, you’re not. you’re not.
-绝对没有 -我去过牛津
Absolutely not. I went to oxford
我知道这是什么意思
And I know what that word means.
美国人并不想迫切得帮助我们
The u.s. is not eager to assist us.
我知道我们提供了F-16战斗机卖♥♥给你们
Well, now it’s my understanding that we offered to sell you f-16s.
但你们不想要
You didn’t want them.
那是因为你们不出♥售♥雷达
Because you refused to sell us the radar.
见鬼去吧
So to hell with that.
这里是美国打击苏联的
And this is emblematic of american fence sitting
前沿阵地
When it comes to fighting the soviets.
-见鬼去吧 -你们只卖♥♥没有雷达的飞机
To hell with it! you sell us the planes but not the radar.
你们把一战用的武器给阿富汗
You offer afghans rifles from the first world war
而苏联直升机干掉了任何他们能找到的东西
While soviet helicopters are killing everything they can find,
-人 动物 食品补给 -这该死的
People, animals, food supplies. so to hell with it!
因为你们向以色列出♥售♥雷达
Yeah. you sell the israelis the radar,
所以他才这么说这该死
So that’s why he says, “to hell with it.”
我理解
Again, I understood. yeah.
同时 武器和资金都需要通过我们才能到阿富汗
Also, the arms and funding should flow through us.
什么
I’m sorry?
这也是一个问题
That’s been part of the problem.
武器和资金都需要通过我们才能到阿富汗
The arms and the funding should flow through us.
我们有很丰富的经验
We have experience with warfare of this kind.
你们中情局过去做得很差
And your cia has an unimpressive track record.
这我不同意
Oh. I wouldn’t say that.
他们没有发现十三万苏联士兵侵入阿富汗吗
They missed 130,000 soviet soldiers walking into afghanistan.
对 我们忽视了这个情报
Okay, we blew that call.
所以我才这么讲的
I would say so.
我不想再听你们的指责了
Well, I don’t want to use up any more of your hospitality,
我会把你们的话带回给议长
So I will take your message back to my committee chairman,
我们一定关注此事的
And we will give it our fullest attention.
让我送送你
Let me walk you to the door.
我以前听说过你
I learned about you before you came here.
我听说你这人缺点很多
I learned that you’re a man of many character flaws.
是的
I am.
但我也知道
But I also learned that you never promise anything
你是一个很讲信用的人
You cannot deliver.
对 总统先生
No, I don’t, mr. president.
答应我
Then promise me this.
去白沙瓦看看那些难民营
Go to peshawar and see the refugee camps.
就是现在 今天
Right now. today.
去白沙瓦亲眼看看
Go to peshawar and see with your own eyes.
直升机已经准备好了
I have a helicopter waiting to take you.
没问题
All right, I’ll do it.
谢谢你 议员先生
Thank you, mr. congressman.
总统先生 再见
Mr. president.
好啦 走吧
All right, you, come on.
情况怎么样
How did it go?
他们有三个人
Well, there were three of them.
好像扇我了耳光
It was like getting slapped around by a pakistani vaudeville team.
你知道当别人说你缺点的时候
You know you’ve pretty much hit rock bottom
真的是太难堪了
When you’ve been told you have character flaws by a man
尤其这个人曾经在政♥变♥中绞死了他的前任
Who hanged his predecessor in a military coup.
我们可以回去了吗
Can we go home now?
还不行 我们要再去别一个地方
No. no, we have to make one more stop.
够了 我不想再看了
I’ve seen enough.
坎大哈附近有一个350个人的小村子
About 350 people in three small villages at kandahar.
苏联人不是马上就把他们全杀死
But instead of doing it all at once,
而让他们的父母们观看
The russians would make the parents watch
把小孩子的脖子切开的过程
As they slit the throats of the children.
苏联人把所有叛离者堆在一起
So, the russians gathered all the defectors and piled them like wood
像堆木材一样堆在村子中♥央♥
In the center of the village.
然后用坦克碾过去
Then they ran over them with their tanks.
我看到地上有东西在闪闪发亮 我想那一定是个玩具
I saw something shiny on the ground. I thought it was a toy.
当我去抓它的时候 它就爆♥炸♥了
When I reached down to grab it, it exploded in my hand.
我应该料到这种事的
I should have known.
我弟弟去年为了捡一些糖果
Because last year my little brother tried to pick up a piece of candy.
被炸成了两半
It split him in half.
照料受伤的小孩比照顾死了的要费很多力
It takes more work to take care of a wounded child than a dead one.
所以苏联人就布置了很多玩具地雷
So when the russians cover fields with toy mines,
这样本来很多要去战斗的人不得不去照料小孩子
Adults who might help with the war effort have to take care of the children.
你可以看见你自己
You can see yourself.
像一只虫子
Like a bug.
他们真漂亮
They’re beautiful.
你有多少孩子
How many children do you have?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!