这些风险都是经过计算得出的
It’s all calculated risks.
而不是像出去玩俄♥罗♥斯♥轮盘一样
It’s not like we’re just going out there and playing Russian Roulette.
小菜一碟
Piece o’cake.
膝盖上有各种奇怪的感觉 沙沙的 吱吱嘎嘎的
Ohhh, there’s all sorts of curios crinkling and crunching effects in my knee.
绝对不是医生叮嘱的
Just not what the doctor ordered.
好了 向下看
Alright. Look down!
向下看
Look down?
向下看
Look! Down!
深不见底
It’s just bottomless…
我的上帝
Oh my God.
我不想再往下半点
I do not want to go any lower than this.
我要去那块裂开的边缘
I’m going out here on this broken fin.
好吗 我认为它不会塌下去
Okay? And I don’t, I assume it won’t collapse.
好的
Okay.
完成
All done!
哦 谢天谢地
Oh thank God!
太棒了
Fantastic!
听得到响动的声音
There were audible chunks of gravel like substances
感觉就像有东西在里面滚动
that I could feel rolling around in there.
仿生人
The bionic man.
我用消炎药和止痛药来对付疼痛
I was covering up the soreness with anti-inflammatories
这样我才能在户外正常行动
and pain killers so that I could function in the field
然后我就觉得 哎 蛮好的 没那么糟糕
and I would think, ah, that’s pretty good… not so bad.
没想到药物把症状都掩盖了
Not realizing that the drugs were masking the symptoms way
比我想的要糟糕许多
more than I had realized.
一会儿见 亲爱的
Bye babe.
我爱你
I love you.
我也爱你
I love you too.
越来越多的人开始怀疑
More and more people are becoming increasingly skeptical
气候是否真的在变化
about the existence of climate change.
有些被称为气象学家的人
These so called climate scientists are
在蒙蔽全世界
hoodwinking the entire world community.
根本没有共识 只是个谣传
There is no consensus, this is a myth.
这个由人造气体 人为污染气体
The notion that man made gas,
二氧化碳引起全球变暖的理论
this anthropogenic gas, this C02 cause global warming is probably
大概是美国史上最大的骗局
the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people.
这些垃圾科学完全就是欺骗和伪造
All of this garbage science has been a total fraud and a fake!
手术后 他们告诉吉姆
Jim was told after his surgery
他们不希望他再继续远足
that hiking is not a form of exercise
这样的运动不适合他
that they want him to pursue anymore.
我不确定他是否听进去了
I’m not sure that’s sunken in quite yet.
索海姆冰川 冰岛 2009年
我觉得 刚开始时
I think, when we started out,
冰川的位置大概是在这儿
the glacier was approximately right here.
可能是这里 可能是那里
It might of been there, it might of been here;
但就是这块区域
but it’s in this zone somewhere.
看 看这个
Look. Look at this.
2005年 你根本就看不见这些峡谷
In ’05, you couldn’t even look into the canyon back there,
冰川一直覆盖到那里
look, it was all filled up to that point.
再看看现在 已经那么低了
And look how, look how low it is now.
很棒
Beautiful.
四号♥摄像机 冰岛
这是2007年的照片 还不是2005年呢
And that’s 2007… that isn’t even 2005.
2007年 仅仅两年之前
In 2007, just two years ago, you couldn’t see any
完全看不到那儿的山脊
of that mountain ridge over there.
我的意思是 它严重缩小了
The thing has deflated tremendously, I mean,
我不知道具体的高度 但绝对很多
I don’t know what the number of feet is, but, it’s a lot.
要不是看到这些照片
If I hadn’t seen it in the pictures,
我完全不能相信
I wouldn’t believe it at all.
2006年-2009年
当我看着这些冰川消逝
When I saw that glacier dying, it was like, wow.
我们 呃
You know we, uh…
如果这些冰川已经在这里存在了三万年
If a glacier that’s been here for 30,000 years,
或者十万年 它真的是在我眼前消逝
or 100,000 years is literally dying in front of my eyes,
你完全清楚这个事实
you’re very aware of the fact that…
有时
You know, sometime you um…
有时你走出地平线 就再也回不来了
sometime you go out over the horizon and you don’t come back.
詹姆斯现在做的
James is now doing exactly what his doctors
正是医生禁止他做的
said he shouldn’t be doing.
再低一些
Lower.
哦 哥们儿
Oh, man.
再来一点
A little more…
可以了
Okay…
好了 到了
Yes… there you go.
今天早晨的感觉很糟
It feels worse this morning
比手术后任何一天都更糟糕
than it has any day since the surgery.
手术后三天的感觉
It felt better the three days after the surgery
比现在的要好
than it feels right now.
这个情况下 我只能说
I think that the best that can be said about this is,
我是会保证安全的
ah I’m a safety liability.
你可以跛着走动
Well, you can maybe limp your way up, but…
但是不能下去了
you can’t go down that.
除非是坐着轮椅
Unless you’re in a wheelchair.
我是说 我们必须去那儿
I mean, we need to go up there…
检查摄像机 等等 但是
check on the camera, and all of that, but…
但不是非得你去做不可
but you don’t necessarily need to do it.
这比我们这两天
I mean, that’s more of a climb
攀登的还要多
than we did in the past two days.
我真的很难放弃这些想法 你明白吗
I have a hard time letting ideas go, you know?
还有个办法
Well here’s another thing.
所以你的膝盖才会变成这样
That’s why your knee’s like this.
好吧
Okay.
你们至少得去看看摄像机
I’m inclined to think that you guys should at least go and look
把照片下载下来
at one of the cameras get it downloaded,
在今天更换计算机
get the computer changed today.
可以吗
Okay?
好的
Yep.
够了
Enough
看到路径了吗
See the route?
好的
Okay.
坚持住
Hold on.
看看你能不能把它放进去
See if you can get in there.
好了
That’s it!
走吧
Let’s get out of here.
每隔一段时间
Every once in a while,
我脑海里总有个声音在说
I get this thing in the back of my head saying,
你们到底在想什么
what were you thinking?
坐办公室的工作也许没那么糟
Maybe that office job wasn’t so bad.
但是
But…
在这里 三明治都更美味一些
The sandwiches are better here.
吃完三明治
The after the sandwich,
在这里我无比幸福
I’m totally happy to be here.
这个项目
This project is…
我们已经进行了两年
now we’re two years in.
我们已经获得了数十万张照片
We have like, hundreds of thousands of images.
感觉就像
It feels like, yeah,
他总是做到极限
he goes to that point where he can’t anymore
有时你还觉得他甚至可以做更多
and sometimes you even feel he’s going even further.
用他的话来说
Yeah and he speaks about it, he says, well,
你知道吗 我的膝盖要进行第四次手术了
so I’ll just do a fourth knee surgery, you know?
只要能让他继续 多少次都行
Like, however many it takes to keep him going.
多数人会说 我做膝盖手术是为了康复
Like most people say, I’m going to get knee surgery
为了感觉更好
to fix me, kind of, you know?
诸如此类的话
It’s to make it better.
但对他来说 把膝盖治好
But for him, it’s to make it better so he can keep
其实是为了继续折磨 毁灭膝盖
on pushing it, destroying it, basically,
之后也许他就需要再做一次手术
and then maybe he’ll just have to do it again.
萨维夫 你准备好再来一次了吗
Okay Svav, you ready for another exposure?
就像你刚才做的一样
Do it exactly as you just did it, okay?
准备好了吗
You ready?
用我最快的速度盖上它
So as quick as I can, I, I cover it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!