介意吗 亲爱的?-我的天啊
Can I, sweetheart? -My goodness.
跟他无关 是我的问题
Nothing with Dad. It’s me.
哦 不不 爸爸简直像个天使
Oh, no, no, Dad is an absolute angel with everyone else.
但是他跟我… -不知道怎么说才好
It’s just that he and my… -Oh, I don’t know.
我希望他得到最好的服务
Of course, I’m anxious for him to have the best,
钱不是问题
and money is no object.
也许我们应该见见您父亲
Perhaps if we met with your father.
只有一个问题… -当然
There is one question. -Of course.
你们接受信仰犹太教的人吗?
Do you accept people of the Jewish persuasion?
抱歉 我们不接受
I’m sorry, but we don’t.
不用抱歉 我爸爸也不接受
Don’t be sorry. Neither does Dad.
我们也只是再确定一下 是吧 亲爱的?
We just wanted to be sure, didn’t we, hon?
为了证实一下 不知您能否给我们看一下住院人的名单?
Would it be possible for me to see a list of your patients, just to be certain?
按规定 我们不可泄露客人的名单
We never reveal the names of our guests as a matter of policy.
令尊跟我们一起生活 您大可放心
You would appreciate that if your father came to live with us.
就等你这句话了
That’s exactly what I wanted to hear you say.
太好了
Good.
我们想参观一下会不会太晚了?
I wonder, is it too late for us to have a look around?
不要紧 我很高兴奉陪
No. Allow me to show you.
我们自己溜达 可以吗?
Would you mind if we took a stroll on our own?
可以 不过只能在主楼里看看
Just if you’ll confine yourself to the main building.
快到就寝时间了
It’s almost bedtime.
我们理解 来吧 宝贝
We understand. Come, my sweet.
查理 你应该知道得更清楚
Charlie! You ought to know better than that!
坐吧 坐在那
Sit down. Have a chair.
玛尔·维斯塔疗养院 活动记录
桥牌 槌球 唱诗班 手工艺 草地保龄球
名字都在这儿呢 一目了然
They’re all there. Every goddamn name.
你看到的是5万英亩帝国的拥有者们
You’re looking at the owners of a 50,000-acre empire.
不会吧
They can’t be.
也许他们自己都不知道 可他们的确是
They may not know it, but they are.
你好 女士们 -你好
Hello, girls. -Hello.
你好 -你们哪一位是艾玛·迪尔?
Hello. -Are any of you Emma Dill?
您是艾玛?-是的
Yes? Are you Emma? -Yes.
我一直都想拜访您呢
Well, I’ve been wanting to meet you for a long time.
为什么?
Why?
难道您不知道自己很富有吗?
Did you know you were a very wealthy woman?
我可没钱
Oh, I’m not.
不 您还有一大♥片♥土地 -已经没有了
Yes, you are. You own a lot of land. -No more.
以前
Some time ago,
我过世的丈夫在长滩有大量海滨地♥产♥
my late husband owned a good deal of beach property at Long Beach,
可再也没有了
but we lost it.
真好看 -谢谢
That’s very beautiful. -Thanks.
您从哪里弄来这些料子的?
Where did you get this piece of material?
在阿巴科尔俱乐部
At the Abbacore Club.
阿巴科尔? -不对 是艾巴科尔
Abbacore? -No. The Albacore.
这是一种鱼 [长鳍金枪鱼]
It’s a fish.
我的孙子是会员 他们对我们很好
My grandson is a member, and they take very nice care of us.
有多好?
How do they do that?
送我们东西 不仅仅是旗 还有…
Oh, give us things, not just like this old flag, but…
还有什么?
But what?
我们这儿是他们的非官方慈善机构 吉蒂斯先生
We’re a sort of unofficial charity of theirs, Mr. Gittes.
请跟我来好吗? 有人想跟您谈谈
Would you come with me, please? Someone wants to talk with you.
女士们 再见
Goodbye, ladies.
再见 -再见
Bye! -Bye!
我要你见一个人 吉蒂斯
Come on. I want you to meet someone, Gittes.
能不能让这位女士置身事外?
Can we leave the lady out of this?
当然可以 -那我送她上车
Yeah. Why not? -I’d like to see her to the car.
她知道车在哪儿 -我要留下
She knows where it’s at. -I’ll stay.
上车
Get in the car.
仆人们晚上休息?
Maid’s night off?
怎么了?-什么怎么了?
Why? -What do you mean, why?
因为没人在 -晚上我都让他们休息
Nobody’s here, that’s why. -I gave everyone the night off.
别紧张 我随便问问
Easy. It’s an innocent question.
您从不随便问问题 吉蒂斯先生
No question from you is innocent, Mr. Gittes.
你说得对
I guess you’re right.
敬你 穆雷夫人
To you, Mrs. Mulwray.
坦白说 你今晚救了…
Frankly, tonight, you saved my…
你救了我的命
You saved my neck.
告诉我 吉蒂斯先生
Tell me, Mr. Gittes,
这种情况你是不是经常遇到?
does this often happen to you?
什么?
What’s that?
我只是根据这一下午和晚上的经历来推断的
Well, I’m judging only on the basis of one afternoon and an evening,
如果你就是这样工作的话
but if this is how you go about your work,
我得说 你能活到今天真幸运呐
I’d say you’d be lucky to get through a whole day.
事实上 这种情况已经好久没有发生过了
Actually, this hasn’t happened to me for a long time.
上一次是什么时候?
When was the last time?
怎么了?
Why?
我随便问问
It’s an innocent question.
在唐人街 -你在那儿干什么?
In Chinatown. -What were you doing there?
为地方检察官工作 -做什么?
Working for the District Attorney. -Doing what?
睁一只眼闭一只眼
As little as possible.
地方检察官对他的手下这样布置工作?
The District Attorney gives his men advice like that?
在唐人街 的确是这样
They do in Chinatown.
你为什么离开了警♥察♥部门?
Why did you leave the police force?
你有没有一些双氧水之类的东西?
Do you have any peroxide, or anything like that?
有的 跟我来
Surely. Will you come this way?
天啊!
My God!
这伤口真可怕
It’s a nasty cut.
我都不知道
I had no idea…
对不起
Sorry!

There.
痛不痛?
Is it painful?
肯定很痛
It must be painful.
怎么了?
What’s wrong?
你的眼睛
Your eye.
眼睛怎么了?
What about it? What?
你绿色的眼眸中有一点黑色
There’s something black in the green part of your eye.
哦 那个
Oh, that.
是虹膜上的一点瑕疵
It’s a flaw in the iris.
瑕疵?-对
A flaw? -Yes.
是胎记之类的东西
A sort of birthmark.
你以前穿制♥服♥吗?
Did you wear a uniform?
有时穿
Sometimes.
你穿蓝制♥服♥肯定很帅
Must have looked cute in blue.
让我休息一下 好吗?
Give me a break, will you?
我不了解你
I don’t know you.
我想进一步了解你
I want to know more about you.
现在不合适
Not now.
你当真不喜欢谈论过去 是吧?
You really don’t like to talk about the past, do you?
我累了
I’m tired.
为什么谈论过去你让你这么烦呢?
No. Why does it bother you to talk about it?
每个在那儿工作的人都烦 -哪儿?
It bothers everybody that works there. -Where?
唐人街 没人想提起
Chinatown. Everybody.
对我来说 真不走运
To me, it was just bad luck.
为什么?
Why?
你总是不知道会发生什么事
You can’t always tell what’s going on.
就像跟你在一起一样
Like with you.
为什么…
Why was…
为什么说不走运?
Why was it bad luck?
我努力保护某个人不受伤害
I was trying to keep someone from being hurt.
但到头来还是让她受了伤害
I ended up making sure that she was hurt.
去找她
Cherchez la femme.
她被卷进坏事了?
Was there a woman involved?

Of course.
死了吗?
Dead?

Yes, hello?
哦 天哪 什么都别做
Oh, my God. No, look, don’t do anything.
在我过去之前什么都别做
Don’t do anything until I get there.
我得走了
I have to go.
去哪儿?-不得不去的地方
Where? -Just that I have to.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!