What’s up? I’m Cheese Hawk, I ride for Proco trucks
和德国拖拉机
and Deutschentractors.
克里斯
我们暑假出去玩了 暑假快结束的时候
We went away for the summer and at the end of the summer,
我们开始写一些好歌♥
we started really writing
想做个样片出来
some good songs and we wanted to do a demo.
今天我们不用去垃圾桶里翻吃的了
Today we can eat food that isn’t come out of the bin.
我们啥都很好 就是缺鼓
We were cool in everything except the drums.
我们没有鼓手
We didn’t have a drummer.
我们去牛津大街的特斯科
So, when we went to do our
准备拍第一张乐队照片
first photo shoot in Tesco’s on Oxford Street,
大家都各自♥拍♥了一张
I did mine, Jonny did his, Guy did his.
当时乐队就我们三个人 单曲叫《Panic》
So it was just three of us and it was called the PanicEP.
单曲《Panic》
单曲《Panic》未发行
于是 我们去了威尔的家
So, we went down to Will’s house
威尔一直是我们的朋友
and Will was always our
他弹吉他比谁都厉害
mate who played guitar much better than anyone
知道一百多首曲子
and knew about 100 songs.
简直是行走的唱片机
He was a walking jukebox.
我是在巴士上认识的克里斯
I met Chris… We were on a bus somewhere together.
威尔
我们以前在楼梯间弹过吉他
We used to play guitars in
因为那里的声响效果很好
the stairwells ’cause they had nice acoustics.
我当时在一楼 而他在五楼
I was at the bottom of the stairs and he was on the fifth floor.
一个五层楼的音乐体验
A five-story musical experience.
小时候
It’s a very fundamental and
我最基本的记忆
basic memory that I have about being a child.
便是无处不在的音乐了 这是来自我妈妈的馈赠
Music was all around. It’s a legacy of my mum’s.
我知道克里斯和强尼录了一张单曲
I knew that Chris and Jonny had recorded an EP
他们还需要一点鼓声
and they wanted some drums on it.
我室友会打鼓 他有个架子鼓
My flatmate played the drums and he had a drum kit.
我们把鼓都安排好了 然后
We set it all up and then,
快要开始的时候 室友不见了
when it was ready to go, he wasn’t around.
我觉得他溜了
I think he’d disappeared.
我不确定他是否愿来我们乐队
I’m not sure how committed he was to being in a band.
克里斯
所以 威尔说 “我来”
So, Will said, “I’ll do it.”
威尔
现在只有我了 现在只剩下我了
I’m the only one here, I’m the only one left.
克里斯
“让他试试” 然后
“I’ll give it a go” And then he went…
我对他的感觉和对盖伊和强尼
I had the same feeling that I had
感觉一样 “就他了 他就是我们的鼓手”
with Guy and Jonny. “Oh, that’s him. There he is.”
我们并不知道你是个鼓手
We didn’t actually know you were a drummer.
确实不是
No, I wasn’t.
这才关键 我如今还在向世界证明我是个鼓手
That’s the key, I’m still trying to convince the world that I am.
酷玩乐队就这么诞生了
And Coldplay was born.
就像培根和鸡蛋
It’s like when bacon and eggs
和蘑菇还有薯条
and mushrooms and chips
都放在了一个盘子里
are put on the same plate
然后变成了比他们单个食物更棒的东西
and become something greater than those individual parts.
他们变成了一个更美味的整体
It becomes a cohesive whole that’s tasty.
我们的音乐便是如此
Our sound is tasty.
克里斯的创作力太强了
Chris is the unstoppable creative force of the band
盖伊
我们整个乐队得倾尽全力才能跟上他的脚步
that we try our best to keep up with.
强尼
他是我们最好的朋友 也是个音乐天才
He’s our best friend and a musical genius
他总会给你带来惊喜
and he never stops surprising you.
音乐是我的一切
Music means everything to me.
克里斯
在我大概16岁的时候
I think when I was about 16,
我在寄宿学校做音乐 做表演
I was performing and doing music at boarding school.
我记得对大家说过 “我会永远做下去的”
And I remember saying to people, “I’m gonna do this forever.”
他们说 “得了吧 你做音乐的时候
They were like, “Sure. And why
为什么不顺便把恐龙给复活呢”
don’t you reanimate dinosaurs while you’re at it?”
你知道 这在当时很荒谬
You know, it was that ridiculous.
但我是如此幸运
But I’ve been really blessed in my life
别放弃
我遗传了我爸爸的不放弃不认输精神
with an ability to not give up, and it came from my dad.
他是第一个对我这么说的人
He’s the first person that said it to me,
也会偶尔跟我说
and would often say it to me,
现在我也跟我儿子说
and I now say it to my son.
我爸其实是马戏团的领班
My dad is a circus ringmaster really,
但他以前就被教育要做一名会计
but he was told to be an accountant.
而在我妈妈身上 我能感觉到一种挫败感
And in my mum, I could feel a certain frustration
她不能做她真正喜欢的事情 那就是音乐
that she wasn’t able to do what she really loved, which is music.
所以 他们在潜意识中都有一样事情
So, with both of them, there was a subconscious thing
那就是 如果你真的觉得
that if you really feel that
你应该去做什么 那就去做
you’re supposed to do something, go for it.
这给了我极大的可能性
And it gave me this great sense of possibility
然后那个哲理便成就了《满脑子的梦想》
and then that philosophy became A Head Full Of Dreams.
威尔
他在生活和音乐上的能量是顽强又富有感染力的
He has a relentless and infectious energy for music and for life
这趟旅途我们能一起走下来非常不可思议的
and it’s incredible to have shared a journey
因为我们都不是一类人
because we’re very different people.
克里斯总是清楚地知道自己要去哪
Chris always has a very clear idea about where he wants to be,
自己下一步要干嘛
what he wants to be doing next.
我们 强尼·巴克兰 克里斯·马汀
We, Jon Buckland, Chris Martin,
年终舞会
怀依农学院
威尔·查恩还有盖伊·贝瑞曼
Will Champion and Guy Berryman,
也就是酷玩 将会成为一个大名鼎鼎的乐队
aka The Coldplay, are gonna go on to be such a huge band,
四年内 我们将会在
and this will be on national
国家电视台上演出
television within four years, four years.
今天是1998年6月26日
This is now 26th June, 1998.
到了2002年6月26日
By the 26th of June, 2002,
酷玩 不管叫什么乐队
The Coldplay or the band, whatever they’re called then,
都会成名 成为人尽皆知的乐队
will be known just all over, man.
我们会名满天下
We’re gonna be so big.
盖伊 威尔 强尼还有克里斯 别忘了
So Guy, Will, Jon, and Chris, Don’t you forget, all right?
一定非常有名 火遍全球
Massive. Absolutely huge.
四年零三天后
《Politik》——Coldplay
名人演出
格拉斯顿伯里音乐节
*张开你双眼*
*Open your eyes*
*张开你双眼*
*Open your eyes*
*张开你双眼*
*Open your eyes*
巡回排演
满脑子的梦想
每一张专辑都是第一张也是最后一张
Every record is your first and last.
威尔
满脑子的梦想
这就是你做音乐的态度
That’s the way you should really treat it.
我们并不认为我们有权利
We’re not under the impression that we have a right
在这些偌大的体育馆里漫步
to just amble into these massive arenas and
像上一次巡演一样向观众演奏一成不变的曲目
play to the same kind of numbers that we played to on the last tour.
我们又得从谷底开始了
We’re starting again at rock bottom.
-呃 还没到谷底 -这谷底很软
– Well, not quite rock bottom… – Sort of drop bottom soft.
-是啊 -但我觉得那是好事啊
– Yeah. – But that’s good, I think.
虽然听起来很荒谬
As ridiculous as it sounds,
我们还是在努力向上爬
I still feel like we’re trying to make it.
嘿 我们和朋友克里斯·马汀和一起在工作室里
Hey, our friend Chris Martin is in studio with us now.
他来自一个叫酷玩的小乐队
And he’s from a little band called Coldplay.
他们的新专辑叫《满脑子的梦想》
Their new record is called A Head Full Of Dreams.
当你们闭关结束之后 大家依然十分关注你们
Aren’t you so delighted, though, when you crawl out of the cave
你们一定很开心吧
where you boys make your magic that the world still cares?
肯定啊 目前
Definitely. And right now
我们已经开始准备下个历时18个月左右的巡演了
we’re going on tour for another 18 months or so.
AIR工作室 排演
这才是对大家真正的回报
That’s when the real payoff happens.
你不能把所有事都当作理所当然
You can’t take anything for granted.
威尔
就上升的速度而言
As fast as the ascent has been,
下降的速度可能要快四五倍
the descent can be four or five times as fast.
排练了一周后
Having done like a week of rehearsing,
巡演排练
法国
我们搞了个排练演出
we did like a practice gig.
基本上就是 我们要说再见
It was basically like us saying good-bye.
我们要离开一年半
We’re going away for a year and a half.
在演出的最后 我有种强烈的感觉

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!