旋律都很自然
it’s very acoustic and
不吵不闹 很亲近人心
it’s very small and it’s very intimate.
*我们从未改变*
*We never change.*
然后如果你快进到《满脑子的梦想》
And then if you fast forward to A Head Full Of Dreams,
就完全不一样了
it’s a very different thing altogether.
回看过去的视频片段 在我心里
Looking back at some of the old footage, underneath it all,
那时候的我们和现在是一样的
I still see the same people then as we are today.
想彻底了解我们
To really get the full story,
就要从我们相遇的时候说起
you’ve got to go back to when we met.
真的感觉像是上辈子的事了
I mean, it really does feel like a lifetime ago.
在我们一起玩音乐之前
We were friends for almost a year
我们当了一年的好朋友
before we played any music together.
我们都住在同一栋宿舍大楼
We all lived in the same student halls of residence.
很多乐队都是通过打广♥告♥找到乐队成员的
Most people would’ve found their bandmates by advertising.
在《新音乐快报》发”招鼓手”广♥告♥之类的
“Drummer required” In the back of the NME or something like that.
-去他的 -我们的情况
– Fuck it! – I think in our case,
就完全不同 因为我们已经确定
it was different because we all really knew
这就是我们想要组建的团队
this is the group that we want to form.
这就是我们想一起玩音乐的人
This is who we want to be with.
我们在伦敦大学学院相遇
We met at University College London.
强尼
我们都努力学习 想成为乐队成员
We were all studying to be in bands.
伦敦大学学院
这就是伦敦大学学院主楼 走近点
我们现在就要进入校园了
这位是我们的明星
我一直在等你 快进来
I’ve been expecting you, come on in.
你喜欢到处玩耍吗
Just you’re a journey person?
我带你参观一圈
Let me show you around.
大学只能算是副业
College was just a sideline, you know.
克里斯
这是个结识朋友的好地方
I thought it was a good place to meet people
因为我想加入乐队
’cause I wanted to be in a band.
我到了这 到了这个大地方
I got there, got to this big place,
拉姆齐公♥寓♥ 就在托特纳姆法♥院♥路
Ramsay Hall it was called, Tottenham Court Road.
这栋楼一点都没变
That block hasn’t changed a bit.
拉姆齐公♥寓♥
伦敦大学学院
那就是我们住过的地方
That was where we lived.
-现在看起来很有田园风 -没错
– Looks quite bucolic now, doesn’t it? – Yeah.
那时候可不这样
Didn’t look like that then.
我记得我来这的第一天
I remember the first day I got here,
房♥间外还有个生病的流浪汉
a tramp was sick outside my room.
楼里有很多的音乐家 是吗
Lots of musicians in this hall, weren’t there?
威尔
我们那一年出了五六个乐队
Five or six bands were spawned in our year.
一开始大家都互相打探 是吧
There was a lot of sniffing out at the beginning, wasn’t there?
比如 谁玩什么乐器 谁是吉他手
Like, who does what? Who’s a guitarist?
三楼有个贝斯手之类的
There was a bass player on the third floor.
克里斯当时顶着一头卷发 有用不完的精力
Chris was like this massive ball of energy and hair.
盖伊
我记得他当时头发特别长
Yeah, I remember he had very long hair,
和我之前遇到的人都不一样
quite unlike anyone I’d ever met before.
我一直都在四处炫耀
I would always be showing off,
克里斯
向所有可能会听的人宣传
saying like “I play songs, I play songs”
我会弹琴 我会弹吉他
To anyone that would listen, you know?
*吉米你是个惹人爱的怪胎*
*I love you Jim you are a geezer*
*善良如我从不介怀*
*I don’t mind in the slightest*
*你的脸庞有凯撒的风采*
*That you look just a little bit like Julius Caesar*
他这个人非常风趣
He was very, very funny,
强尼
还有 他就是派对的灵魂人物
and, you know, he was the life of the party.
*我爱吉米不掩也不盖*
*I love Jim and everybody knows*
*就算他鼻梁隐约有罗马的血脉
*Even though he’s got a slightly Roman nose*
他只是在等待和他合拍的人
He was just waiting for someone to click with,
威尔
幸运的是 那个人是你
and fortunately that was you.
1996年 我们相遇的时候
Back in 1996 when we met,
克里斯
我还以为乔尼不会说话
I didn’t think Jonny spoke at all.
他就是坐在角落里的木头人
He was just this stoned guy in the corner
如果我说了什么 他就会笑一下
that if you said something he would just, like, smile.
没错 我们俩很快就成为了好朋友
Yeah, we got on pretty well straightaway,
强尼
但是 你不能第一次见面就开始弹琴
but you know, you can’t start playing music on your first date.
我来伦敦的唯一目的
I came to London solely to find
就是找人组建乐队 一起做音乐
some people to be in a band with and make music.
我从很小的时候就梦想做这件事了
I’d wanted to do this from when I was a small boy,
但是从没想过会梦想成真
but you never really imagine that it’s possible.
有一天 我走进他的房♥间
One day I came into the room he was in,
克里斯
看见强尼有一把吉他 我当时说
and Jonny had a guitar, and I was like,
我都不知道你也弹吉他
I didn’t know you played guitar.
然后他开始弹
Then he started playing.
他仿佛击中了我的内心
And something in me was switched.
我当时想 “这就是我穷尽一生寻找的人”
I was like, “This is the guy I’ve been looking for my whole life.”
查克 查克 我是马文
Chuck! Chuck, it’s Marvin.
就像电影《回到未来》中查克的表兄马文
Like in Back to the Future where Chuck’s cousin Marvin
打电♥话♥给查克·贝里说
calls Chuck Berry and says,
“我找到你一直在寻找的新声音了”
“I’ve got that new sound you’re looking for.”
来 听听这个
Well, listen to this!
那对我来说就像是一见钟情
It was love at first sight for me.
他反而花了不少时间才确定
He took a little longer to convince.
强尼
我刚开始和克里斯做音乐的时候
When I first started playing with Chris,
我当时想 他也太强了
I thought, He’s so good,
《Careful Where You Stand》——Coldplay
我觉得我们可能会有所作为
I think we might do something,” You know.
*此刻心安*
*I feel safe,*
*此地温暖*
*I feel warm*
很明显你会感觉到 有些事正在开始
Obviously you have a sense that something is starting,
*你在身边*
*When you’re here*
但是我们似乎不知道
but I don’t think we had a sense
开始的是什么 或者我们能走到哪儿
of what that something was or where it would end up.
*心中乍起波澜*
*Can I do no wrong*
几周之后 我们问盖伊是否想加入
Within a couple of weeks, we’d asked Guy if he would join.
*治愈我的良药*
*I am cured*
*是你的陪伴*
*When I’m by your side*
克里斯
我和盖伊一开始彼此看不顺眼
Me and Guy didn’t like each other at first.
他觉得我很怪 因为我一头长卷发
He thought I was weird ’cause I had long curly hair.
我觉得他很傲慢
I thought he was arrogant,
*我很好*
*I’m all right*
但其实他不是 他只是很安静
but he wasn’t. He was just really quiet.
但是我们通过键盘拉近了距离 我们想着
But then we bonded over a keyboard, so we thought,
“真奇怪 也许我们并不讨厌对方”
“Ah, wicked. Well, maybe we don’t hate each other.”
音乐对我来说意味着什么
What does it mean to me, music?
盖伊
*你所到之处都由我护佑*
*Careful where you stand, my love*
从我大概5岁的时候起 音乐就是我的生命
It’s been my life since I was probably about five years old.
我发现了一盒我姐姐的磁带
I found a box of cassettes my sister had,
摩城畅销音乐合集III
*我的肩头是你的港湾*
*Careful where you lay your head*
我永远也忘不了
and I’ll never forget that.
因为对灵魂乐和爵士的热爱 我成了贝斯手
I became a bass player ’cause of my love of soul and funk.
然后就这样 我从学校回家之后
And that was it, you know. I’d get home from school
会弹好几个小时的贝斯
and I would just play that instrument constantly for hours,
*在每一种人生里*
*It’s true, we’re always*
把我自己锁起来 一直弹
just lock myself away and play it.
克里斯
他是第一个把他自己的人生搁置一旁的人
He was the first person to put his whole life on hold
*我与你扶持陪伴*
*Looking out for one another*
只是因为我和强尼
based on one song that Jonny
用两把旧吉他为他弹了一曲
and I had played him on two crappy old guitars.
难以置信的是他真就那么干了
It just blows my mind that he did that.
很快我们发现 如果我们想做演出
It soon became apparent that we needed a drummer
强尼
我们还缺个鼓手
if we wanted to play a gig.
克里斯·马汀 这些是你的幸运之轮
Chris Martin, these are your wheels of fortune.
1997年夏
威尔士
你好吗 我是奶酪飞鹰 我开普罗科卡车

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!