unless you’re trying to make the best thing ever.
这段交响乐太牛逼了
The Phil-har-fucking-monic.
经纪人的名字与”交响乐”听起来相似
菲尔·哈维乐
The Phil Harvey-monic.
-你说什么 -听起来很棒
– What? – It sounds great.
进入时更有力一些 就好像你真的很爱这支乐队
Just come in with attack, as if you really love the band.
想象一下
Imagine.
想象一下
Imagine.
我们开始吧
Here we go.
我觉得我们对第一张专辑并不满意
I don’t think we were satisfied with the first album
盖伊
所以我们在做第二张的时候更加努力
which made us work harder for the second one, I think.
《Politik》——Coldplay
第一张专辑没有什么值得复♥制♥的秘诀
There’s no recipe that we were trying to repeat.
*从太空凝视地球*
*Look at earth from outer space *
兄弟 你听到了吗
Oh, man, did you hear it?
你听到强尼的片段了吗 太妙了 简直太妙了
Did you hear Jonny’s riff? It’s amazing. It’s amazing.
*人人皆有一席之地*
*Everyone must find the place*
就是盖伊的贝司
It’s just Guy’s bass playing
拉低了整个录音棚的水平
that lets the whole shop down. You know?
*给予我时间 给予我空间*
*Give me time and give me space*
那是因为你一直都在拍录像
‘Cause you spend all your time videoing them, that’s why.
*给予我真实 不要给予我虚幻*
*Give me real, don’t give me fake *
盖伊 加把劲 伙计
Guy, please, man.
我们对音乐的激♥情♥
There was much more gusto on this
让我们把自己的生理和心理健康
to just forget your sort of personal, mental,
*给予我力量 以便自食其力*
*Give me strength, reserve control*
都抛在脑后
or physical health.
在达到满意的效果之前 绝不善罢甘休
We just wouldn’t stop until what we were trying to do was right.
*给予我真心 给予我灵魂*
*Give me heart and give me soul*
威尔士贝斯手
我们也可以换个贝斯手 皮诺·帕拉迪诺怎么样
We could get someone else. Pino Palladino, you know.
*给予我时间 与一个亲吻*
*Give me time give us a kiss*
做乐队有什么缺点吗 比如 你作为…
Is there a downside? I mean, you as…
没有…那些说做乐队不好的人
There is no down…anyone who says there’s a downside
完全是胡说八道
to what we do is talking utter shit.
*向我诉说你的秘笈*
*Tell me your own Politik*
我们当然觉得压力很大 也为此担心
Of course we stress and we worry about it
我们把一切都投入进去了
and we put everything possible into it
甚至牺牲了友谊和一切
at the expense of friendships and everything.
但做乐队没有什么不好的
But there’s no downside to being in a band.
那作为一个乐队的门面有什么缺点吗
Is there a downside though to being the face of the band?
没有
No.
在那七个月的时间里
Chris has done nothing
威尔
克里斯全身心投入在专辑的构思当中
but think about the album for seven months,
追求极致的完美
striving for absolute perfection.
他都没怎么睡觉
He doesn’t sleep really.
忘我地投入其中
He’s been so incredibly focused,
可能因此影响到了生活的许多其他方面
probably to the detriment of a lot of other things in his life,
然而我发现逃避是很容易的 直接回家就好了
whereas I find it quite easy to just walk away and go home.
尤其是到了混音阶段
Especially when we’re mixing
一天内你得把一首歌♥听上八十遍
and you have to listen to the same song 80 times in a day.
到最后 所有东西听起来都是一样的
By then, it all sounds exactly the same.
有一次克里斯周末去录音棚
Well, Chris just went in one weekend,
强尼
自己一个人待在里面
he was in the studio on his own,
等我们周一回去的时候
and then we all came back on the Monday
他说”我写了一首歌♥”
and he goes, “I got this song.”
当时我们直接就把它录了下来
And we just recorded it straight down as it was
现在还保留着当时的原声记录
and we kept that original take.
这是首新歌♥叫《Scientist》
This is new. “Scientist”.
《Scientist》——Coldplay
*远赴万里与你相会*
*Come up to meet you*
*向你表达内心的歉意*
*Tell you I’m sorry*
*你不知自己迷人的容颜*
*You don’t know how lovely you are*
仅仅在一个激动人心的瞬间
It was just all there straightaway,
*我必须找寻到你*
*I had to find you*
一切都呈现在我们眼前
in such an immediate, exciting moment.
对我而言 整个录制过程中最美妙的瞬间
Best moment of the entire record for me
克里斯
是当我回头去听成品时
was when we’d come back to this song
这个演奏片段隔墙传来
and I just heard through a wall this riff,
那是整首乐曲我最喜欢的部分
and that’s my favorite bit of music on the record.
*没人说这一切易如反掌*
*Nobody said it was easy*
洛杉矶
*我们的分离太过遗憾*
*It’s such a shame for us to part*
*没人说这一切易如反掌*
*Nobody said it was easy*
*也没人说会此般艰难*
*No one ever said it would be so hard*
*让我们回到起点吧*
*Oh let’s go back to the start*
你们好啊 男孩们
Hello, boys.
在我们去美国之前 我们都在想”真的吗”
Before we went to America we just thought, “Really?”
强尼
“我们确定要去吗” “那里没人会喜欢我们”
“Are we sure? No one’s gonna like us there.”
阔耍[接机的人拼错乐队名]
我们可不是在假谦虚
There was no false modesty here.
菲尔
我对怎么在美国发♥售♥专辑一点概念也没有
I had no fucking clue how to promote a record in the States.
但我很幸运地遇到了戴夫·霍姆斯
I was lucky enough to meet Dave Holmes,
他成为了我们在美国的经纪人
and he came on as the US manager.
戴夫·霍姆斯
他很快就掌控了全局
Very quickly he was just the overall mastermind.
乐队发第一张单曲时 我就是他们的粉丝了
I was a fan of their music from the first couple of EPs,
戴夫
我永远记得自己拿到
but I’ll never forget the day
《A Rush of Blood》专辑的那天
I got a master copy of A Rush of Blood.
直到那一刻我才觉得
That’s when I really did believe,
“这帮小子有能力登上更大的舞台”
“Okay, these guys have the ability to go to great heights.”
戴夫昨天告诉我
我一直把《Rush of Blood》的歌♥词唱错
戴夫很快就掌控了全局
Dave very quickly took the reins.
盖伊
他成了我们的”大家长”
Now he’s just the big daddy.
他们准备好倾尽全力了
They were up for whatever it took.
戴夫
酷 玩
让我们拿下美国吧
Let’s take America.
但一开始反响并不好
But initially the reaction wasn’t great.
世界著名106.7克罗克电台
现代摇滚电台主办了一场大型音乐节
Modern rock radio station would put on a big festival,
威尔
我们被夹在一些重摇滚乐队中间
and we’d be sandwiched in between some of these really heavy bands,
酷玩乐队
这挺让人沮丧的
and it was pretty demoralizing.
酷玩乐队
观众搞不好会朝我们扔东西
We’d have a lot of projectiles thrown at us.
有人买♥♥过我们的专辑吗
Has anyone here got our album?
很好 你买♥♥过
Right, flipping you.
有一个人
One person.
我记得我们在华盛顿的一个电台节目演出的时候
I remember we played a radio show in DC
戴夫
有人朝克里斯扔了一张碟 砸到了他的头
and someone chucked a CD at Chris and hit him in the head.
他回到更衣室之后对我说
And came back in the dressing room and he went,
“我谢谢你啊 戴夫”
“Thanks a lot, Dave.”
这件事让我们很不高兴
真是烂到家了
加油
我感觉很糟
I felt awful.
虽然我一直告诉他们这是个好主意
Here I was telling them that this was a good idea,
但我知道他们脑子里想的都是
and I’m sure they were like,
“我们他妈在这儿干什么”
“What the fuck are we doing this for?”
你应该让弗里德·杜斯特看看
美国重金属乐摇滚队Limp Bizkit[软饼干]主唱
同Limp Bizkit
“兄弟 我很喜欢你们乐队 瞧瞧这个”
虽然当时我们的感觉和别人完全不一样
I think at the time we felt completely different to everybody else,
强尼
但我觉得对我们来说还是利大于弊的
but I think that actually worked for us rather than against us.
如果一年前有人说我们会在美国取得成功
If somebody said a year ago we were gonna do well in America,
威尔
我们肯定会觉得好笑
we probably would’ve laughed,
因为我们
because it’s not the kind music
跟美国的音乐环境根本不搭
music you’d associate with the American music scene
他们从来没有停止努力
They’ve never said no to hard work
戴夫
但我知道有时候他们对我简直恨之入骨
and I’m sure there were times that they hated my guts,
有时候他们甚至会怀疑
and I’m sure there were times
所有付出究竟值得吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!