But, you know, I was born in 1945,
但那晚才是我真正诞生的时刻
but that night was the moment of my conception.
-就在这间屋子里 -现在都没什么人了
– Right here in this room. – Crowd’s not here now.
爵士乐也不如以前了
Well, jazz ain’t the draw that it used to be.
这故事真精彩
What a great story.
我一定要把这个故事告诉库利亚坎和卡塔赫纳的人
I gotta tell the people in Culiacán and Cartagena that story.
你认识那边的人吗
You know the folks in Culiacán and Cartagena?
恐怕是的
Afraid so.
我刚刚还以为你是个好人
Man, just when I thought you were a cool guy.
我是好人
I am a cool guy,
只不过有合约在身
with a job I contracted to do.
拜托 文森特 放他一马吧
Come on, Vincent, give the dude a pass.
-我正在工作 -不 听我说
– I’m working here. – No, listen.
刚刚是你说要随机应变
You the one sitting here talking about improvisation.
你喜欢他 也喜欢他的音乐
You like the guy, you like how he plays.
-大家来点爵士放松一下 算了吧 -随机应变
– Let’s just play a little jazz. Come on. – Improv…
这话从你嘴里说出来真搞笑
That’s funny, coming from you.
这样吧
How’s this?
我问你一个问题
I’ll ask a question.
什么问题
What question?
爵士乐的问题
A jazz question.
如果你答对了
Now, you get it right,
我们就走
we roll.
你今晚就人间蒸发
You disappear tonight.
如果我今晚能活着走出这里
If I walk out of here tonight,
我会躲得远远的 就像我已经死了一样
I will go so far away, it’ll be just like I was dead.
还有一件事
And one more thing.
菲利克斯和他的那些人
These people and their rep here, Felix,
告诉他们我很抱歉
well, you tell them I’m sorry.
我当时别无选择
You tell them I had to.
他们答应赦免我
They laid a grant of immunity on me.
我是被迫的 要么合作 要么回监狱
I was compelled. It was either play ball or go back inside.
我不想回监狱
And I’m not going back inside.
好吧
Yeah.
问吧
Lay it on me.
迈尔斯在哪儿学的音乐
Where did Miles learn music?
我了解有关迈尔斯的一切
I know everything there is to know about Miles.
那就说答案吧
Then let’s have it.
音乐学校
Music school.
他去过音乐学校 对吗
He got into music school, right?
他父亲是圣路易斯东部的牙医
His father was a dentist, East St Louis.
投资了农业 挣了一大笔钱
Invested in agriculture, made plenty of money.
他1945年把迈尔斯送去了纽约的茱利亚音乐学院
He sent Miles to Juilliard School of Music, New York, 1945.
天哪
Man.
一年不到就从茱莉亚音乐学院退学了
Dropped out of Juilliard after less than a year.
去52街找到了查理·帕克
Tracked down Charlie Parker on 52nd Street,
接下来三年是他在教迈尔斯
who mentored him for the next three years.
不 我不干了 再找辆出租车吧
No. No, I’m done. Find you another cab.
麦克斯
Max.
别缠着我
Leave me alone.
我只是被连带卷进来的
I’m collateral anyway.
我可没闹着玩
I am not playing.
你耍了他
You played him, man.
就算他答对了问题
He got the answer right,
你会放他走吗
would you have let him go?
这是102 这是102 麦克斯
This is 102. This is 102. Max?
-这个人到底怎么回事 -麦克斯
– What is it with this guy? – Max?
-你又来找我司机的麻烦了吗 -你是谁
– You hassling my driver again? – Who are you?
上次和你说话的人
The same guy you talked to last time.
麦克斯的妈妈快把我逼疯了
Max’s mother’s driving me crazy.
-请让他说话 -等等
– Put him on the line, please. – Hang on.
小心点
Carefully.
是我
Yeah.
你妈妈每隔十分钟来一次电♥话♥
Your mother’s calling every 10 minutes.
你怎么没去看她 你没事吧 你在哪
Why didn’t you show? Are you all right? Where are you?
为什么去看她
Show for what?
告诉她我今晚去不了
Tell her I can’t make it tonight.
关我什么事 你自己和她说
I’m not related to you. You tell her yourself.
为什么去看她
Show up for what?
她在住院
She’s in the hospital.
你每晚都去看她吗
You visit every night?
是啊 少去一天又怎么样
Yeah. What difference does it make?
-如果你没去看她 就和平常不同 -所以呢
– You don’t show up, it breaks routine. – So?
人们会开始找你 还有这辆车 那就大事不妙了
So people start looking for you, this cab. That’s not good.
我不会带你去见我妈妈
I’m not taking you to see my mother.
你什么时候可以和我讨价还价了
Since when was any of this negotiable?
走在我前面两步 左边一步
Two paces ahead, one to the left.
要买♥♥花吗
Flowers?
这是浪费钱 花对她来说没什么意义
It’s a waste of money. Won’t mean a thing to her.
她怀了你九个月
She carried you in her womb for nine months.
人们都会买♥♥花 还是买♥♥吧
People buy flowers. Buy flowers.
不好意思 不用找零了
Excuse me. Keep the change.
别关电梯门 谢谢
Hold that elevator, please.
-去几楼 -五楼 谢谢
– Floor? – Five. Thanks.
今晚过得愉快吗
Having a good night?
还行吧 你呢
Mezzo mezzo. You?
借过一下
Excuse me.

Hey, Ma.
我一直在打电♥话♥找你
I’ve been calling and calling.
我当时在忙工作
Yeah, well, I got caught up at work.
你为什么不打电♥话♥给我
Why couldn’t you call me on the telephone?
我躺在这里 还担心你出了什么事
I’m lying here wondering if something terrible happened to you.
我给你买♥♥了花
I brought you flowers.
-我要花有什么用 -能让你高兴点
– What am I gonna do with flowers? – Cheer up.
我怎么高兴
How?
看着你把钱浪费在会枯死的植物上吗
By worrying that you spend money on stuff that’s just gonna wilt and die?
明白了吧
See what I mean?
不是我买♥♥的花 妈妈 是他买♥♥的
I didn’t buy you the flowers, Mom. He did.

Who?
你怎么没告诉我有人陪你来
Why didn’t you tell me we had company?
你叫什么名字
What’s your name?
不好意思 我的儿子失礼了
Sorry my son is rude.
没关系 夫人
No harm done, ma’am.
是你为我买♥♥的花吗
You paid for my flowers?
真好看
They’re beautiful.
麦克斯 这位是…
Well, Max?
妈妈 这是文森特
Mother, this is Vincent.
文森特 这是我妈妈艾达
Vincent, this is my mother, Ida.
很高兴认识您 杜罗舍夫人
I’m very happy to meet you, Mrs Durocher.
叫我艾达就好
Oh, just call me Ida.
艾达 麦克斯接电♥话♥的时候刚好和我在一起
Ida. I was with Max when he got the call.
然后你就大老远地跑来看望我吗
And you came all the way over here to see me?
这不算什么 夫人
It’s nothing, ma’am.
这话和我儿子说吧
Tell my son.
要想让他做点什么 得用枪抵着他的头才行
You have to hold a gun to his head to make him do anything.
你肯定是麦克斯的重要客户
You must be one of Max’s important clients.
客户吗 我…
Client? I…
我觉得自己更像是他的朋友
You know, I like to think of myself as his friend.
麦克斯的朋友不多
Max never had many friends.
他总是对着镜子自言自语 这不健康
Always talking to himself in the mirror. It’s unhealthy.
妈妈 我和你说过多少次了 请你不要这么做
Mom, how many times I got to ask you? Please don’t do that.
我做什么了
Do what?
不要在谈论我的时候 把我当空气
Don’t talk about me like I’m not right here in the room here.
他说什么呢
What’s he saying?
他说他现在正站在这间房♥里呢
He says he’s standing right here, in the room here.
是啊 没错
Yes, you are.
-他很敏感 -我知道
– He’s sensitive. – I know.
不过我想你肯定很为他自豪
But I’m sure you’re very proud of him.
当然了 他白手起家
Of course I’m proud. He started with nothing, you know.
-看看今天的他 在维加斯… -妈妈
– Look at him today. Here, Vegas… – Mom. Mom.
妈妈 他对这些事没有兴趣 好吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!