当然 这事没人想后退
Of course! Of course! Nobody wants to go backwards on this thing.
乔 我认识克拉伦斯·托马斯17年
Joe, I have known Clarence Thomas for 17 years.
我知道他是个正直的人
I know him to be a man of integrity.
如果他告诉我没发生过 那就是没发生过
If he tells me this never happened, it never happened.
听起来像你没啥可担心的 杰克
Sounds to me like you got nothing to worry about then, Jack.
这是乔治敦法律中心的艾玛·科尔曼·乔丹
This is Emma Coleman Jordan, Georgetown Law Center.
她组织了一个法律团队
She’s putting together a legal team.
她是骚扰专家
She’s called harassment experts.
最高法♥院♥专家 诉讼律师 – 太棒了
Supreme Court experts, litigators. – Great.
我还叫了我老室友索尼娅贾维斯 很聪明
I also included my old roommate Sonia Jarvis. Very smart.
查尔斯奥格里瑞是谁?他是个了不起的诉讼律师
What about Charles Ogle tree? He’s an amazing litigator.
艾玛试过 他没法参加
Emma tried him. He can’t do it.
他在为哈佛大学教职努力
He’s up for tenure at Harvard.
辩论在剑桥进行得不那么顺利
Controversy doesn’t go over too well at Cambridge.

Mmm-hmm.
这里只有两种可能情况
There’s only two possible scenarios here.
第一 她在说谎 第二 她说的是实话
One, she’s lying, or two, she’s telling the truth,
这种情况下总统是个白♥痴♥
in which case the President’s an idiot,
他提名这个变♥态♥去最高法♥院♥
and he nominated a pervert to the Supreme Court.
显然第二种情况不可接受
Obviously, the second scenario is unacceptable.
我们失去了博克法官
We lost Judge Bork.
我们需要利用手头一切资源证明第一种 现在…
We need to use every resource at our disposal to prove the first. Now…
绝不能失去托马斯法官
Absolutely cannot lose Judge Thomas.
我们没有失去谁 瑟蒙德参议员
We’re not losing anybody, Senator Thurmond.
民调是50-50 支持他和她的相等
Polls are coming in 50-50, people who support him versus her.
好吧 我们有一半国民要说服
Okay, so we have half a nation to convince.
我一直在和电视网联♥系♥ 不管听证时间多长都会直播
I’ve been in touch with the networks. We’ll be live as long as we’re in session,
我们正从佐治亚拉来一巴士女性支持者
and we’re bringing in a busload of supporters from Georgia. Women.
这是个看得见的强烈支持
It’s a strong visual support.
电视摄像会把它吃了
The TV cameras will eat it up.
我们支持托马斯
We support Thomas!
我 白宫和我们政♥府♥100%
You put me down and the White House down and our administration down as 100%
毫不动摇地支持克拉伦斯·托马斯
for Clarence Thomas without wavering in any way.
他们说你应该做个电视讲话
They say you should make a TV address.
这是什么东西?
What are these things?
行了 丽塔
Come on, Rita.
蒂姆 杰克·丹福思参议员在这里
Tim, Senator Jack Danforth here.
我听说你在俄克拉何马大学主持学生共和党
I hear you run the student Republican Party there at University of Oklahoma.
听着 华盛顿司法委员会的参议员们
Listen, I think the senators on Judiciary here in Washington
需要你和其他年轻共和党人
need to hear from you and other young Republicans
讲讲安妮塔希尔
about this Anita Hill.
好 打电♥话♥或传真
Well, call us or fax us
因为在首都 我们不知道她是谁
because here in DC, we have no idea who this woman is.
没任何线索
None whatsoever.
我认为我们正目睹一个残酷的事情
I think it’s a cruel thing we’re witnessing,
一个非常可悲和残酷的事情
a very sad and harsh thing.
安妮塔希尔卷进
Anita Hill will be sucked
她最想避免的事情
right into the very thing she wanted to avoid most.
她会受到伤害 被摧毁 被轻视 折磨和骚扰
She will be injured and destroyed and belittled and hounded and harassed.
真正的骚扰 不同于性骚扰
Real harassment. Different from the sexual kind.
普通老式的华盛顿骚扰
Plain old Washington variety harassment.
是真的吗 希尔女士?
Is it the truth, Ms. Hill?
关系持续多久?
How long did the relationship last?
是真的吗 故事是真的?
Is it true? Is the story true?
在此之后你会在国会山工作吗?
Are you gonna get a job on the Hill after this?
索尼娅 你在这干嘛?
Sonia. What are you doing here?
我想要有个保镖之外的人帮你应付
I thought someone other than a bodyguard should help you through this.
我可以帮你拿这个吗?- 我给你找了辆车
Can I take that? – I got a car for you.
谢谢
Thank you.
走开 女士 离开
Step off, ma’am. Step off.
靠近点
Get closer.
再近点 再近点
A little more. A little more.
怎么回事 – 我不知道
Come on! – I don’t know.
夫人 挪开 – 它动不了 我不知道
Lady, really? – Sorry. I don’t know.
他们在耶鲁获得法律学位
They earned law degrees at Yale
在华盛顿开始职业生涯
and went to Washington to begin their careers.
现在在首都和世界面前
Now, in the nation’s capital and before the world,
他们站在个人 法律 政♥治♥
they are at opposite ends of a personal, legal,
和历史性感情纠葛的对立面
political, and emotional dispute of historic proportions.
女士 下车吧 – 谢谢你
Ma’am. – Thank you.
别客气
You’re welcome.
她来了 你到了 很好
Here she is. You found us. Good.
很高兴见到你 希望是在不同情形下
Great to see you. Wish it was under different circumstances.
安妮塔 – 珍妮特纳波利塔诺
Hi, Anita.- Janet Napolitano.
希尔女士 我是华纳加德纳
Ms. Hill, I’m Warner Gardner.
安妮塔 – 朱迪思·雷斯尼克
Anita, hi.- Judith Resnik.
嗨 安妮塔 我是米歇尔·罗伯茨 – 荣幸
Hi, Anita. I’m Michele Roberts. – Pleasure.
苏 罗斯 – 嗨
Sue Ross. – Hi.
安妮塔 我是约翰·弗兰克
Anita, I’m John Frank.
谢谢 – 非常荣幸
Thank you. – It’s my pleasure.
希尔教授 查尔斯奥格里瑞
Professor Hill, Charles Ogle tree.
我听说你没空 – 我安排出来了
I’d heard you were unavailable. – I worked it out.
好 我们事情很多 时间很少
Well, we have a lot to do and little time in which to do it.
让我们开始吧
Let’s get started.
你为他工作两年?
You worked for him all of what, two years?
两年半
Two and a half.

Hmm.
那段时间都是单身?
And you were both single all that time?
我有约会 他也一样
Yes. Well, I had a dating life, as did he.

Hmm.
对不起 你们从没约会过?
Excuse me. You never dated each other?
没有
No.
我意思 没有这样 两个同事下班时说
I mean, not even two colleagues at the end of the day,
“嘿 我们看场电影去”?
“Hey, let’s go catch a movie”?
我为什么要这样?我无法忍♥受在他身边
Why would I do that? I couldn’t stand to be around him.
对吗?- 是的
Is that right? – Yes.
从啥时候开始?在教♥育♥部♥还是均等就业机会委员会?
Hmm? Starting when? At Education or the EEOC?
我猜你想弄清楚我为啥跟随他
I suppose you’re trying to find out why I followed him.
你确实和他保持联♥系♥
Anita, you did stay in touch with him.
如果你意思是偶尔
By that, if you mean that there was occasionally a reason
我给他打电♥话♥是有关专业事宜 那么是的 我…
for me to call him on professional matters, then yes, I…
办公室圣诞派对呢?
What about the office Christmas party?
什么派对?
What party?
纳特·金·科尔烤板栗 太多蛋酒
Nat King Cole roasting chestnuts, too much eggnog.
你有点随意
You get a little sloppy.
你最后和老板搞到一起 – 不是 不可能
You wind up knocking boots with the boss. – No. No.
人之常情 – 绝不会是我
Happens all the time. – Absolutely not. Not to me.
不会?- 不可能
No? – No.
查尔斯 我不知道
Charles, I don’t know
在剑桥是怎么回事 – 无意评论
what the hell goes on at Cambridge. – No judgment.
但我不会随意 我不是那样的
But I do not get sloppy. That is not who I am.
你暗示这种可能
And for you to imply that it might be means
意味你对我的为人的认知大错特错
that you are grossly mistaken about me personally,
更重要的是告诉我
and more importantly tells me
你需要了解性骚扰该死的真♥相♥
that you need to learn the damn truth about sexual harassment.

Hmm.
还好么?
Okay?
还好
Okay.
明天会更糟
And tomorrow will be much worse.
是的
Yeah.
一种几乎晕眩的感觉在华盛顿产生
There is in Washington almost a giddy sense of anticipation
因为对即将发生戏剧场面的期待
about the impending drama.
就像夏季大风暴前天空的闪电
It’s like the flash of lightning in the summer sky just before a big storm,
城里大家都在谈论
and all around town it’s all anyone’s talking about.
是 比谈论国民健康保险更有趣
Oh, yes, it’s much more fun than talking about national health insurance.
乔 你不是当真让安妮塔先作证吧?
Joe. Joe, you are not seriously having Anita Hill testify first, are you?
她是提出指控的那个 要求她先作证 所以是的
She’s the one who made the claim. She’s asked to go first, so yes.
她已经先手了 她把故事告诉媒体
She’s already gone first. She’s told her story to the media.
她的宣称都在那里 悬在克拉伦斯头上
Her claims are out there, and they are hanging over Clarence’s head.
这是为什么听证中
That is exactly why in these proceedings,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!