还是她头脑相当冷静?
or is she pretty levelheaded?
她是我认识的头脑最清醒的人之一
She’s one of the most levelheaded people I know.
谢谢法官
Thank you, Judge.
你名字是安妮塔希尔?- 是的
Is your name Anita F. Hill? – Yes.
不同的精神科医生出面陈述一个一般原则
Various psychiatrists have come forward to state as a general principle,
不是作为个体诊断 而是作为一般原则
not as a diagnosis of an individual but as a general principle,
有一种特定病症
that there is a specific disorder.
这在任何类别中都算
So here is this foul stack of stench
无可争议的冒犯
justifiably offensive in any category,
我问你为什么 她在离开他的控制
and I ask you why, after she left his power,
或任何让她恐惧反感
or whatever it was that gave her fear
或排斥的东西后
or revulsion or repulsion…
为什么在这之后还有两次
Why did she, twice after that,
她自己去俄克拉荷马塔尔萨见他?
visit personally with him in Tulsa, Oklahoma?
有人给我寄圣诞卡
I get Christmas cards from people
我一整年都没见过他们
I don’t see from one end of the year to the other end
也不希望收到卡
and do not wish to.
但我也回复他们的卡 回复他们的电♥话♥
I also return their cards and will return their calls.
而这些是侮辱过我的人
And these are people who have insulted me
或许有时对我♥干♥过很丢人的事情
and done things which perhaps have been degrading at times.
但这些都是你必须忍♥受的东西
But these are the things you have to put up with.
作为黑人女性 你不得不忍♥受很多
And being a black woman, you have to put up with a lot.
所以你咬紧牙关去做到这点
So you grit your teeth, and you do it.
肯尼迪参议员 – 谢谢你 主席先生
Senator Kennedy. – Thank you, Mr. Chairman.
有些人就是不愿相信你
Some people just don’t want to believe you.
你必须明白 他们就是不想相信你
You have to understand that they just don’t want to believe you,
他们不想相信希尔教授
and they don’t want to believe Professor Hill.
主席先生 我希望
But I hope, Mr. Chairman…
我们不会听到更多评论
I hope that we’re not going to hear a lot more comments,
毫无价值 毫无根据的评论
unworthy, unjustified comments
关于从书里挑选出来的幻想故事
about fantasy stories picked out of books
和我们从这个委员会听到的司法案件
and law cases after we’ve heard from this panel.
我希望我们能打扫这间房♥间
I hope we can clear this room of the dirt
清理污垢和主动提供的影射信息
and innuendo about over-the-transom information.
我希望我们敏感于
I hope we’re going to be sensitive
扼杀希尔教授人品的企图
to the attempts of character assassination on Professor Hill.
它们毫无价值
They’re unworthy.
坦白的说 我希望我们不要提到种族主义
And quite frankly, I hope we’re not going to hear a lot more about racism
在考虑这个提名时
as we consider this nominee.
事实是这些性骚扰
Fact is that these points of sexual harassment
是一个黑人针对另一个黑人
are made by an Afro-American against an Afro-American.
问题不是歧视和种族主义
The issue isn’t discrimination and racism.
而是关于性骚扰
It’s about sexual harassment.
我希望我们能聚焦在这个特定问题
And I hope we can keep our eye on that particular issue.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你 肯尼迪参议员
Thank you, Senator Kennedy.
几分钟前 我们刚刚发现
Within the last few minutes, we just found out
安妮塔希尔教授进行了测谎
that Professor Anita Hill has taken a polygraph test,
据测试的专家说 她通过了
and according to the expert that administered it to her, she passed it.
她主动提出测谎
She offered to take a lie detector test.
这不是一个人说谎的标志
That’s not the hallmark of someone who’s lying.
打高尔夫时 布♥什♥总统说他认为没有理由
At a golf outing, President Bush said he saw no reason
希尔或托马斯法官需要这样的测试
for either Hill or Judge Clarence Thomas to take such a test.
我不希望处于这个位置
I don’t want to be in a position of advocating
倡导每个提名人接受测谎
that every nominee takes a lie detector test.
我认为这主意很烂
And I think it’s a stupid idea.
当然她会通过测谎
Of course she’ll pass a polygraph
因为这种病让她相信她说的是实话
because the disorder makes her believe she is telling the truth.
共和党人怨恨地抱怨 如奥林哈奇所说
Republicans complaining bitterly that, as Orrin Hatch said,
你可以随便找测谎仪 得出任何你想要的结果
you can find any polygraph tester to produce any results you want.
他称这是 “廉价卑劣律师的肮脏战术”
He called it “the sleazy tactic of a two-bit sleaze lawyer.”
在我看来 这个国家
It seems to me that in the country
中间某处有大量人群
for that great band in the middle somewhere,
判断在会程中来回摇摆
that their judgment swings from session to session.
今天下午 阿妮塔希尔的朋友和支持者
This afternoon, Anita Hill’s friends and supporters
做了非常可信的亮相
made a very credible appearance.
今晚 托马斯的朋友 支持者和同事
Tonight, his friends and supporters and coworkers
将进行可信听证
are making credible performances.
他是品德高尚的人
He’s a man of high moral standing,
我告诉你 他不可能
and I tell you that it’s not possible
和这里指控他的事情
that he could be linked with the kinds of things
联♥系♥起来
that have been alleged against him here.
我认识克拉伦斯·托马斯法官超过30年
I have known Judge Clarence Thomas for more than 30 years,
我觉得希尔女士的指控
and I find the allegations by Miss Hill
不仅可笑
not only ludicrous but totally inconsistent,
也和他原则个性完全相反
and in opposite to his principles and his personality.
她扮演温柔 天真 害羞的南方教会女孩
She played the role of a meek, innocent, shy Baptist girl from the South
成为这个坏男人的牺牲品
who was a victim of this big bad man.
我认识托马斯10年了
Chairman Thomas that I have known for 10 years
他绝不可能做出希尔教授描述的恶习
is absolutely incapable of the abuses described by Professor Hill.
在我看来
In my case,
她曾幻想我对她有浪漫兴趣
she had fantasized about my being interested in her romantically.
你呢 布鲁特斯?
Et tu, Brutus?
还有你 安妮塔?
You, too, Anita?
关于克拉伦斯·托马斯法官的提名
Extraordinary hearings on the nomination of
特别听证会将继续
Judge Clarence Thomas continue
预计要到深夜结束
and are expected to go on long into the night.
明天 安妮塔·希尔教授和克拉伦斯·托马斯法官
Tomorrow, Professor Anita Hill and Judge Clarence Thomas
已被邀请回来完成他们的证词
have been invited back to wrap up their testimony,
特别这个词 可能不太够劲 卡罗尔
Extraordinary is a word that may be not quite strong enough, Carole.
这事目前从白天忙到夜间
This thing has ground on now for hours through the day and into the night.
一些共和党参议员仍试图阻止委员会
Some Republican senators are still trying
让另一名证人听证
to prevent the Committee from hearing testimony from another witness
他也是反对托马斯的
who’s come forward against Thomas.
起初我们认为这将是
At first, we thought it was going to be
全国关于性骚扰的冲突
a national encounter on sexual harassment.
现在它变成很难看
And now it has turned ugly.
几乎是共和民♥主♥两党间的谋杀-自杀协议
It’s almost a murder-suicide pact between Democrats and Republicans.
没一个获胜
Just no one wins.
我和乔尔保罗谈过
I talked to Joel Paul.
他接到恐吓电♥话♥ 他担心拿不到教职
He’s been getting threatening phone calls, and he’s worried he won’t get tenure.
因为他是我的证人?
Because he was a character witness for me?

Yes.
如果拿到托马斯租色情电影的记录 我们就能搞定
If we can get Thomas’s porn rental records, I say we get them.
绝对不行 不行 – 乔 这是场肮脏的较量
Absolutely not, no. – Joe, this is a dirty fight.
没有第二名 如果赢不了 我们就输了
There’s no second place. If we don’t win, we lose.
以什么代价 帕特里克?
At what cost, Patrick?
我每小时接到几百个电♥话♥
I’m getting calls into my office. Hundreds an hour.
美国大众说
American citizens saying
你们这些人在那里
whatever the hell you people are doing down there
用可乐罐 龙东银干啥 不管那是啥 停下
with the Coke cans and Long Dong Ding, whatever the fuck it is, stop it.
我有义务确保
We have an obligation to make sure
把合适的人选送进最高法♥院♥
we’re putting the right person on the Supreme Court.
我也有义务维护美国参议院的尊严
I also have an obligation to uphold the dignity
和信誉
and the credibility of the United States Senate.
是吗?结果呢?
Yeah? How’s that going?
今晚 如果这个国家有共识
If there is a consensus in this nation tonight,
那就是没人喜欢现在的状况 没有真正的赢家
it is that no one likes what’s going on and there are no real winners.
我们从震惊变为不舒服
We have gone from shock to discomfort,
现在是愤怒 抑郁和羞辱的结合
now to a combination of anger, depression, and shame.
不 你不会提出那个明显恶劣的胡扯
No, you are not introducing that vile, obvious bullshit.
也许胡扯 也许不是 乔 你不知道
Maybe it’s BS, and maybe it’s not, Joe. You don’t know.
就像黄色电影出租和那个安吉拉·赖特
It’s just like this bogus movie rental stuff and this Angela Wright.
如果你在全国电视上进行不可靠的听证
If you want to introduce questionable testimony on national television,
我这里就有个很抢眼的
I’ve got a doozy right here.
我们已拿回选票 乔
You know we’ve got the votes back, Joe.
在参议院有稳定的51票
We have a solid 51 in the Senate.
到周二可能再拿到一两票
We’ll probably pick up one or two more by Tuesday,
如果你愿意 我们可以继续向全国说脏话
so we can keep talking dirty to the nation if you want,
但不会改变结果
but it won’t change the outcome.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!