So the new deadline is February 6th.
无论如何 我们都将按时出海
Come hell or high water, that’s when we’re sailing.
2012年1月23日
没有外人见到过深海挑战者号♥
Nobody outside the project has seen Deepsea Challenger
第一个有缘人是唐·沃尔什 他是唯一一位
and the first to do so is Don Walsh,
尚在人世的曾到过世界最深处的人
the only living person who’s been to the world’s deepest spot.
非常巧合的是 他到来的那一天
And by crazy coincidence, he’s arriving
正是他那次著名下潜的周年纪念日
on the anniversary of his famous dive.
唐·沃尔什 的里雅斯特号♥主管
这是川崎赛车用的绿色
This is Kawasaki racing green.
这些都是赛车的颜色 宝贝
These are racing colors, baby.
迈克·迪格鲁伊 水下摄影技师
你看过概念图了
You had seen conceptual drawings.
你的想法♥正♥在紧锣密鼓地进行
You had an idea and you knew that it was underway.
你的感受如何
What is your reaction to this?
我非常激动 为什么你们用了那么久时间 52年啦
Oh, I’m very excited. I mean, what took you so long? 52 years, I mean…
-为了那一天 -你曾去过哪里
-To the day. -Where have you been?
为了那一天
To the day.
唐 有什么建议给吉姆吗
So, Don, do you have any tips
如果他在20000英尺时听到开裂声
for Jim at about 20,000 feet if he hears a crack?
能听见说明你还活着
If you can hear it, you’re still alive,
你不妨继续下潜
you might as well keep on with the dive.
要命的那一声你是听不到的
You never hear the one that gets you.
雅克·皮卡尔和我进行过一次下潜
Jacques Piccard and myself made a dive
潜到了世界海洋的最深处
to the deepest place in the world oceans.
目的是彻底检测机器 并不做科学研究
The motivation was to test out a platform and not to do science.
稍后你会明白
That would come later.
有比在极端深海测试更好的吗
And what better test than the ultimate depth in the ocean?
正通过3800英寻[深度23000英尺]
Passing 3,800 fathoms.
继续前往5000英寻[1英寻=6英尺]
Coming up on 5,000 fathoms.
什么鬼东西
What the hell was that?
我们还在下降
We are still descending.
全部关闭
Turn everything off.
在30000英尺时发生一声巨响
At 30,000 feet, there was this huge bang
我们不知道是什么回事
and we didn’t know what it was.
我仔细检查舱门口的窗户
I looked through the window in the entrance hatch.
你最好来看看这个
You better come take a look at this.
我在塑胶大窗户上看到了一条横向裂纹
And I could see this crack across that large acrylic window.
依我看来 这问题不严重
In my opinion, this is not a serious problem.
没必要上浮
There is no reason to ascend.
我赞同
Agreed.
如果那是带来灭顶之灾的临界压力
So, if in fact there’d been a pressure boundary failure,
在知道之前 我们就死了
we would have been dead before we knew it.
没有存在问题的迹象
There were no indications of problems,
所以我们决定继续往下
so we decided to continue on down.
好啦 我现在看见海底了
Okay. I can see the bottom now.
慢慢地下降
Coming up slowly.
它在那 看来我们到了 雅克
There it is. Looks like we found it, Jacques.
在着地后 我们搅动起一大团云雾状的沉积物
After we landed, we stirred up a big cloud of sediment
似乎有人在外面把窗户涂上了白颜色
and it was just like somebody had painted the front of the window white.
看起来象是碗里的牛奶
It was like looking into a bowl of milk.
这就是人生[法语]
C’est la vie.
约20分钟之后 我们意识到它不会很快消失
And after about 20 minutes, we realized it wasn’t going to go away very soon.
于是 我们花了5小时15分钟下潜
So we had 5 hours 15 minutes down,
在海底呆了20分钟
20 minutes on the bottom,
然后花了约3小时折返上来
and about 3 hours coming back up.
《生活杂♥志♥》 历史性的潜水 到达7英里深的海洋最深处
2012年1月24日
这预示着
And the purpose of this is to signal the fact
我们正从潜水器的建造转为操控
that we’re transitioning from building a sub to operating a sub.
安德鲁 怀特想了一个疯狂但可能很好的高招
So, Andrew Wight came up with a crazy, potentially brilliant idea
既然我们要去关岛
that since we’re heading to Guam
下潜到挑战者深渊
to dive the Challenger Deep,
那么 我们将取道巴布亚新几内亚
we’re going to be going right through Papua New Guinea.
那里刚好有一处名叫杰基诺特湾的地方
There happens to be a spot. They call it Jacquinot Bay.
是潜水器试航的绝佳场所
This is a perfect place to sea trial the sub.
现在 你们全都要开始认识到
The thing that you’ve all got to start to realize now
你将会孤立无援
is that you’re going to have no support
只有身边的人能帮你
other than the people that are around you.
你们要进入一个不寻常的心境
You’ve just got to now get into a different mindset.
不管谁与你合住 要做好朋友
So, whoever you’re bunking with,
因为你们要朝夕相处一段时间
be good friends, because you’re going to be with them for a while.
如果你打呼噜 嗯 糟糕了
If you snore, well, too bad.
你能在这里 是因为你是好样的
Everybody here is here because you’re good.
因为你很在行
Because you’re good at what you do.
在项目面前 你证明了自己
And you’ve proven yourselves to the project.
我们正要出发去做些真正不寻常的事情
And we’re going to go out and do something truly extraordinary.
2012年1月24日 晚上10点
在考察启程之前 常常能看到加油苦干的场面
There’s always a ramp up right before the expedition leaves.
而在快马加鞭的同时
There’s an acceleration of energy
由于一切事情都凑在一起
and a lot of last minute problems
在这最后一刻出现了许多问题
as everything’s coming together.
我们在赛跑 你要爆发出拼劲
We’re running a race and you just have that burst of energy
努力前进
comes from some where and you just push hard.
都照到了
I think we got everybody.
2012年1月25日 凌晨4点
这个项目有许多非常有价值的目标
There are a lot of very worthy goals on this project,
不过其中一个只是为了挑战的乐趣
but one of them is just the fun of the challenge.
这种乐趣就是我们可以说
it’s the fun of being able to say
看看就是这一小群人 就算没有完善的监督
look what a little group of people
他们全力以赴可以做出什么
with no adult supervision can do if they put their minds to it.
今天谁要坐潜水器下潜
Who wants to dive a sub today?
第1次下潜 悉尼港
不错
Exactly.
-好的 我们阳光下见 -上帝保佑你
All right. See you in the sunshine. God speed below.
保持住 最后检查
And hold. Final checks.
降下来吧
Lower away.
看来不错
Looking good.
右舷
Starboard.
在舱门栓上时
When the hatch gets bolted shut,
你猛然觉得一刹那间
there’s a moment where you’re suddenly
你是在一个非常安静 局促的世界里
in a very quiet, very finite world.
犹如是在一个太空舱里面
it’s like being in a space capsule.
好的 挑战者 准备下水
Okay, Challenger, stand by to get wet.
收到 准备
Yeah, roger that. Ready.

Boosh.
舱门安全 无泄漏
Hatch is secure. No leaks.
请对摄像机云台作好记录
Please make a note that the camera pan-tilt,
左右转动的系统线路接反了
the pan is wired backwards.
收到
Copy –
我根本看不到高度计的读数
I’m not getting a reading on the altimeter at all.
应该能看到吧
Should I be?
应该看到 我们检查一下
Yeah, you should be. We’re looking into it.
摄影机悬臂也接反了
Okay, the camera boom is also wired backwards.
你的声纳头颠倒了
Your sonar head is upside down,
所以它传递的信息也颠倒了
therefore it will relay that information back to front.
好的 我清楚原因了
Okay. All right. That explains that.
所以差不多所有能被接反的东西
So pretty much everything that can be wired backwards
都被被接反了
is wired backwards.
舱门关闭后2小时
现在 请注意温度是100度 100度[37.7摄氏度]
Now, be advised temperature is 100 degrees. 100 degrees.
想舒服就别来了
We’re not having a good time here.
好的 我想应该是时候向下降1米了
Okay, I think it’s time to descend one meter.
完毕
Over.
二副 收到吗 完毕
S.O., do you copy? Over.
水下通信不满意
We can go ahead and terminate this test dive
我们结束了这次下潜测试 完毕
because the A comms, while submerged, are not acceptable. Over.
这是一次历史性的潜水 1米
That’s the big dive. One meter.
好了 这次在悉尼港的测试
Okay, so the test in Sydney Harbour
很好地显示了我们的准备不够充分
showed us exactly how ready we’re not.
罗盘正常
Well, the compass worked.
但我们必须离开悉尼港
But we’ve got to get out of the harbor
到深水里测试潜水器
and test the sub in deeper water.
第二次下潜 目标深度60英尺 杰维斯湾 澳大利亚
这次下潜将同时给迈克提供第一次
This dive will also provide Mike
去拍摄水里的深海挑战者号♥的机会

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!