会产生海啸
creating a tsunami.
日语报道
日语报道
如果能预测这些 我们就能挽救许多生命
We could save a lot of lives if we could predict these events,
但我们要对在这些深沟下面所发生的事情
but we need to know a lot more about what’s happening
知道得更多一些
down in these deep trenches.
因此我们需要有机器能下潜到那里
So we need the machines that can go down there.
第五次下潜 目标深度12000英尺 新不列颠海沟
水面 深海挑战者号♥ 我在海底了
Surface, Deepsea Challenger. I am on the bottom.
深度是1216♥4♥英尺 完毕
Depth is 12, 16♥4♥ feet. Over.
我在水下2 5英里 深度与泰坦尼克号♥的相同
I’m two-and-a-haIf miles down, same depth as Titanic,
泰坦尼克号♥我去过很多次
which I’ve been to plenty of times,
但都是使用因政♥府♥项目而建造的潜水器
but always in subs that were built by big government programs.
还没有私人制♥造♥的潜水器曾到达过这个深度
No privately built sub has ever gone this deep.
不过 我还是得提醒自己
And then I’ve got to remind myself,
这只是我要去的地方的三分之一路程
this is only a third of the way to where I’m going.
噢 来了一个动物
Oh, got us a critter.
活生生的动物
We got us a real critter here.
好的 鲍比
Yes siree, Bob. Time to zoom in on this one.
应该放大来看看这东西
Time to zoom in on this one.
它看起来象是章鱼
It looks like an octopus.
我喜欢这些深海章鱼
Yeah, love those deep octopus.
很好奇它在想啥
Wonder what the hell he’s thinking.
噢 不好
Uh oh, that’s not good.
不好了
That’s not good.
响亮的声音可不太妙
Loud snapping sounds not good.
唐 沃尔什常说 如果听到一声巨响
Well, Don Walsh always says, if you hear a loud bang
你还有时间去琢磨它的话 你会没事的
and you’ve got time to think about it, you’re going to be okay.
某些东西内爆了
Something just imploded.
它在追赶我
He’s chasing me.
你是威猛的斗士 不是吗
You’re a mighty warrior, aren’t you?
每一个这样的不期而遇
Each one of these chance encounters
都是来自海洋的礼物 我心存感激
is a gift from the ocean, and I’m grateful.
我独自下到这里
This is my church,
这是我自己的教堂
down here, alone.
我感受到大自然强大的想像力
I feel the power of nature’s imagination,
远超我们人类
which is so much greater than our own.
我们带着高科技设备来到这里
Here we are with our high tech equipment,
下潜到地球最荒凉的地方之一
diving in one of the wildest places on the planet.
巴布亚新几内亚的雨林
The rainforests of Papua New Guinea
是《阿凡达》景观的灵感来源
were the inspiration for the landscapes in Avatar,
所以我没理由不上岸去探索
so there’s no way I’m not going to go ashore and explore.
我们被班宁人邀请参加
We’ve been invited by the Baining people
他们圣火舞会
to witness their sacred fire dance.
这个仪式让我想到这片土地的精神
The ceremony suggests to me the spirits of this land,
它因火而生…
shaped by fire…
因地球深处那强大而危险的力量而生
by the powerful and dangerous forces deep in the Earth.
但精神世界没有导致火山爆发…
But the spirit world doesn’t cause the Earth to erupt..
与掀起海浪产生海啸也没有关系
or cause the sea to rise up in a tsunami.
了解大自然的唯一途径是科学技术
The only true path to understanding nature is science.
这就是为什么我们来这里
That’s why we’re out here.
这就是为什么我们去潜水
That’s why we’re diving.
四英尺
In clear feet, clear four.
第七次下潜 目标深度27000英尺 新不列颠海沟
今天将下潜27000英尺 深度超过5英里
Today’s dive is 27,000 feet, over five miles down.
所以这是我们去挑战者深渊前的极大考验
So this is the big test before we can go on to Challenger Deep.
我们要开始用这样的极端压力
And we’re going to start to squeeze all the submersible systems
去检验潜水器的所有系统
with this extreme pressure.
我们还要去尝试我们通信和追踪技术的极限
We’re also going to go to the limits of our communications and tracking.
拉好绳索
Pull in that line!
噢 不
Oh, no.
伙伴们 靠船太近了
Guys, getting pretty close to the ship here.
这可不妙
That’s not good.
它在靠近
She’s getting close.
稳住
Hold it there!
伙计们 伙计们 伙计们 加油
Guys, guys, guys, come on.
伙计们 我到了右舷支柱这里
Guys, I’m looking right into the starboard props here.
继续保持
Keep it coming.
拉紧
Keep it tight.
我想他们也不想这样
I’ll bet they didn’t intend that.
释放 释放 释放
And release, release, release.
潜水开始的时候令人激动
When the dive begins, it’s exciting.
潜水员变成了小不点
You know, the divers become little tiny stick figures
接着一切都消失不见了
and everything just kind of disappears.
然后你陷入黑暗之中
And then you just go into darkness.
你能看到浮游生物漂过…
You can see the plankton going by and…
你下降很长 很长的时间
and you just fall for a long, long time.
人人都说我不能在这里面伸展双臂
Everybody says I can’t stretch my arms out in here.
我能伸展到这儿和这儿
I can stretch to there and to there.
我立刻要到18000英尺了
I’ll be at 18,000 feet here in a second.
那是电影《深渊》里巴德 布里格曼到达的深度
It’s the depth Bud Brigman went to in The Abyss.
我把它真正实现了
I’m doing it for real.
很酷
It’s cool.
水面 挑战者深渊号♥ 收到吗 完毕
Surface, Deepsea Challenger, do you copy? Over.
水面 挑战者深渊号♥ 收到吗 完毕
Surface, Deepsea Challenger, do you copy? Over?
A频道 我们还在接收着挑战者号♥的信息
A comms, we’re still receiving Deepsea Challenger
但他没收到我们回传的信息 完毕
but he is not acknowledging our transmission. Over.
收到
Yeah. Copy.
没有声音信♥号♥♥
I’ve got no voice comms.
形势不太乐观
Okay, that’s not too promising.
他没听到呼叫 或是听到了没回应
He’s not hearing us or responding to us.
深度计没有变化
Depth gauge is not changing.
推进器没反应了
Just lost my thrusters.
这可不是什么好事情
Oh, see, look, this is not good. This is not good.
推进器不管用了
My thrusters are running away
它们没有反应
and they won’t respond.
它们现在不听使唤
Then they drive by themselves.
我想我们遇到问题了
I think we got a problem.
虽有诸多的不如意 我还得继续我的下潜
Got a lot of failures here and I’m coming up to my depth.
没有推进器我甚至都不能停止
Without thrusters I can’t even stop.
这可不太妙
This is not good.
在行进当中 故障接踵而来
As I’m going along, things are starting to fail and glitch one by one.
设备都开始失控 而我正下潜得越来越深
Everything’s getting haywire and I’m getting deeper and deeper.
计时器停了 深度计停了 一切都停了
My clock’s stopped, my depth gauge has stopped, everything’s stopped.
速度1.9节 我停不下来
Speed’s 1.9 knots. I still can’t stop from that.
我会失速撞向海底
I’ll hit the bottom too fast.
我只有几分钟时间去理清头绪
I’ve got just a couple of minutes to sort this out.
我们需要确切知道 提姆 是否有突发事件
We need to really know, Tim, if there’s an emergency.
快要糟糕了
This is going to be a mess.
A频道美人鱼号♥ 这里是肋排号♥
Yeah, A comms Mermaid, A comms Rib,
我们收到了遥感信♥号♥♥ 但没有生命提示
we have received telemetry but no vitals.
我将要不得已地抛弃一些弹丸 下降速度太快了
I’m going to have to drop some shot. I’m going too fast.
现在速度是2节
I’m going 2 knots.
开始抛弃弹丸
And dropping shot, here we go.
270英尺 他很靠近了
270 feet. He’s getting really close.
见鬼
Oh, shit.

Stop!
水面 深海挑战者 下潜失败
Surface, Deepsea Challenger. Descent is aborted.
-终于听到声音了 -总算没事了
-Hey, about time. -Finally.
如果真的下潜到27000英尺 一个系统失灵
I mean, down at 27,000 feet and one system goes,
然后一个接着一个
and then another system goes, and then another system goes.
那么 你很快会意识到
And pretty soon you realize you’re in this kind of
你是在一副金属棺材里
dead metal coffin,
如果荷重不卸除 你就玩完了
and if the weights don’t come off, you’re toast.
好了
Okay-
最后一招
Moment of truth.
好消息是
The good news is
它正式成为世界上潜得最深的潜水器
it’s now officially the deepest diving submersible in the world.
坏消息是 还看不到底部
Bad news is, never saw the bottom,
约有5个主要的系统失灵
had about five major systems failures
所以我没法进行下去
that prevented me from going on.
现在我们要做的是
Now, what we’ve got to do is go through the tape,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!