重点是…
The thing is, it doesn’t matter…
你是赢是输并不重要
whether you win, lose or draw here.
你被人骗了 , 你和孩子们 因为他们的谎言而病魔缠身
You were lied to. You and your kids are sick because of those lies.
光凭这点你们就该团结起来
And for no other reason, you all have to come together…
在法庭中大声疾呼
to stand up in a courtroom and say that.
我以前常常带孩子们跑医院
I’d bring the kids into the hospital…
他们手上的毛巾被鼻血湿透了
with towels soaked from their nosebleeds.
医院通知儿福局
They called County Services…
因为他们以为我虐待孩子
’cause they assumed the kids were being abused.
你们在办公室里 会不会乖乖的 ?
Am I gonna get the best behavior I was talking about earlier?
不会
What’s with the attitude? I just need cool, I need quiet.
你们怎么这种态度 ? 我只是要你们安静
可以吗 ?
Okay?
怎么听不到回答 ?
Hello? Am I alone in the car? Yes?
我说走着瞧 , 我现在不想谈
I said we’ll see. I don’t wanna talk about it right now.
-其他人的妈妈都答应了 -我不管
– All the other moms gave permission. – I don’t care.
你什么时候 才能他妈的回答我 ?
When can I get a freakin’ answer?
不准这样对我说话
Don’t talk to me like that.
-蓝迪的妈妈马上就答应了 -该死的 , 马修 !
– Randy’s mom said “”yes”” right away. – Goddamn it, Matthew!
蓝迪的妈妈不用上班 蓝迪的爸爸也没有抛妻弃子
Randy’s mom doesn’t work, and Randy’s dad did not leave her.
他们当然有空带蓝迪出去玩
Figuring out who can take who to roller hockey is easier at Randy’s house.
你别闹了
Now cool it.
嗨 , 艾琳
我一下就弄好了 , 马修 你能不能看好你妹妹 ?
I’ll be as quick as I can. Matthew, can you watch your sister?
马修 !
All right, fine. Come here, Beth.
好吧 贝丝 , 过来
-我可不可以一起去 ? -不行 , 我马上就好
– Can I come with you? – No, baby, I’ll just be a second.
没有弹♥药♥不能打仗 , 对吧 ?
You can’t fight a war without ammunition, can you?
谢谢 , 很遗憾没让你见到艾琳
Thank you. I’m only sorry you didn’t get to meet Erin.
没关系 , 来日方长
Well, I will. We have a lot of work to do together.
多谢你跑这一趟
Okay. Well, thanks for coming over.
艾琳 , 我们刚刚还在谈你
Erin, I was just talking about you.
这是我们辛克利案的 合作伙伴寇特波特
This is our new partner, Kurt Potter. He’ll be handling Hinkley now.
难怪你说她是你的秘密武器
Oh, I see what you mean about a secret weapon.
艾琳 , 幸会 , 你做的很好
Erin, it’s great to meet you. You’ve done a fabulous job.
-我们晚点再聊 -谢谢 , 多谢你跑这一趟
– I’ll be seeing you. – Thanks. I appreciate your coming over.
干嘛 ?
What?
我们的合作伙伴 ? 你打算什么时候告诉我 ?
Our new partner? When was I gonna hear about this, in the monthly newsletter?
你听好 , 我有没有跟你讲过 那件航♥空♥公♥司♥的案子 ?
Hey, just listen. Did I ever tell you about that airline case?
你♥他♥妈♥的在说什么 ?
What the fuck are you talking about?
几年前我处理 一件航♥空♥公♥司♥的案子
A few years back I was trying this airline case.
我被他整惨了 他光用文件就把我活埋了
I got my ass kicked by this guy. He just buried me in paper. Brutal.
我从来没有遇见过 这么难缠的对手
Toughest mother I’d ever been up against.
-说重点 ! -整惨我的就是寇特波特
-Jesus, make a point! – It was Kurt Potter.
法官同意审理此案时 我找他合作他一口就答应了
When we got the PG&E decision, I asked him to partner. He didn’t hesitate.
那当然 , 因难的事我们都做了
Of course he wouldn’t hesitate now. We did all the fucking work.
那时候他在哪里 ?
Where was he before?
艾琳 , 那不重要 你到底要不要赢 ?
It doesn’t matter. Erin, listen to me. You want to win this?
他刚刚开了张支票给我 支付我们所有的费用
He just gave me this check. It covers all our expenses to date.
他对这种案件的经验非常丰富
He’s got more toxic tort experience than anyone in this state.
这是天大的好消息
This is good news.
对了 , 我说服潘蜜拉邓肯合作
By the way, I got Pamela Duncan.
我要开 , 妈妈
I wanna open it, Mommy.
你要帮妈妈开罐头 ? 我来帮你
You wanna open the can for Mommy? Well, here, I’ll help you.
你能转吗 ?
Can you turn it?
嗨 , 乔治
Hi, George.
我们去看看
Let’s go see.
我们去看看是不是乔治
Let’s go see if it’s George.
艾琳波可维奇 ?
Erin Brockovich?
-是的 -马西瑞事务所给你的包裹
– Yeah. – Package from Masry and Vititoe.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们来看看里面是什么
Let’s see what’s in here.
-里面是什么 ? -宝宝
– What’s in here? – Baby.
里面没有宝宝
There’s no baby in here.
-那是什么 ? -是娃娃
– What is it? – A dolly.
是娃娃 ?
It’s a dolly?
是…
It’s–
“支付艾琳波可维奇 五千块”
“艾琳 , 找个保母 看看外面打起精神 , 艾德”

Lookit.
说的对
“” Lookit”” is right.
你看到了吗 ?
Do you see that?
-我要 -我也要
– I want that. – I want that too.
今天我们真走运
It’s our lucky day.
马修 , 凯蒂
P G & E要求进行具结裁决
PG&E has requested that we submit to binding arbitration.
那是什么 ?
What’s that?
这表示本案没有陪审团 单由法官来判决
That’s where we try the case without a jury, just before a judge.
这叫做试审 法官做了裁决后就不得上诉
It’s called a test trial. The judge’s decision is final. There’s no appeal.
-你们手上有多少名原告 ? – 6 3 4名
– How many plaintiffs do you have? – Six hundred and thirty-four.
他们的案子无法同时审理
They’ll never try that many all at once.
我们要分成2 , 3 0人一组…
So we need to get them together in groups of 20 or 30–
情况最差的人分到第一组
worst cases, the most life-threatened, the sickest in the first group…
以此类推
and so on and so on.
法官分别裁定赔偿金额
Each one gets to go before a judge to determine damages.
P G & E表示愿意支付…
PG&E has proposed that they are liable
五千万到四亿不等的赔偿金额
anywhere between 50 and 400 million.
等等 , 让我搞清楚
Wait a minute. Let me just get this straight.
如果真的开庭审理 过程可能拖上十年
If we went to trial, PG&E could stretch this over ten years…
P G & E会不断上诉
with appeal after appeal.
-辛克利的居民… -他们要的是公开审判
– Those people in Hinkley– – These people are expecting a trial.
我们是这么告诉他们的 他们不会了解
That’s what we told them, you and me. They won’t understand this.
寇特认为这样做最好
Kurt thinks it’s the best way to go.
我保证会审慎处理此事
Look, I promise you that we’ll be very sensitive on this point.
我们会让他们了解
We’ll make sure they understand…
目前这是唯一的办法
that this is the only way that we can go forward at this time.
但我们还有很多工作要做
But we have a lot of work to do…
才能开始进入正题
before we even broach that subject.
我跟艾琳开始处理这些资料
Why don’t I take Erin down the hall so we can start on this stuff…
同时进一步跟她解释
and I’ll fill her in on the rest of the details.
-那是我的档案 -没错 , 我们请快递送给我们
– Those are my files. – Yeah. We had them couriered over.
你做的很好 这是个很好的起步
And listen, good work. They’re a great start.
我们只要花点时间 填补你资料上的漏洞
We’ll just have to spend some time filling in the holes in your research.
对不起… 你叫泰瑞莎吧 ?
Excuse me– Theresa, is it?
我的资料没有漏洞
There are no holes in my research.
我无意冒犯 但有些事情你也许不知道该问
No offense. Some things we need you probably didn’t know to ask.
别把我当白♥痴♥
Don’t talk to me like I’m an idiot.
我也许没念过法学院 , 但我 花了 1 8个月研究这件案子
I may not have a law degree, but I’ve spent 1 8 months on this case…
我对这些原告的了解 是你一辈子望尘莫及的
and I know more about these plaintiffs than you ever will.
有些人甚至连 电♥话♥号♥码都没记录
You don’t even have phone numbers for some of them.
-你要谁的号♥码 ? -每个人都要
– Whose number do you need? – Everyone’s.
我们必须要跟每个原告联络
We need to be able to contact the plaintiffs.
我问你要谁的电♥话♥号♥码 ?
I said, whose number do you need?
你不可能把六百名原告的 号♥码都背下来了吧
You don’t know 600 plaintiffs’ numbers by heart.
安娜贝尔丹尼斯
Annabelle Daniels.
安娜贝尔丹尼斯 7 1 4 – 4 5 4 – 9 3 4 6
Annabelle Daniels. 7 1 4-454-9346.
她到五月就满 1 1 了 一出生就住在污染区
Ten years old, eleven in May. Lived on the plume since birth.
她以后想跳水上芭蕾 所以一天到晚泡在游泳池里
Wanted to be a synchronized swimmer, so she spent every minute in the PG&E pool.
她脑干出现肿瘤 感恩节时动了手术
A tumor on her brain stem was operated on on Thanksgiving…
之后用放射线疗治
shrunk with radiation after that.
她的父母是泰德和莉塔 泰德罹患克隆氏症
Her parents are Ted and Rita. Ted’s got Crohn’s disease.
莉塔有慢性头痛及不适 去年夏天做了子♥宫♥切除术
Rita has chronic headaches and nausea and underwent a hysterectomy last fall.
泰德在辛克利长大
Ted grew up in Hinkley.
他哥哥罗比和嫂嫂媚依 共有五个孩子
His brother Robbie, his wife May and their five children…
罗比二世 , 马莎 , 艾德 萝莎和彼德也都住在污染区
RobbieJr., Martha, Ed, Rose and Peter also lived on the plume.
他们的号♥码是4 5 4 9 5 5 4
Their number is 454-95 54.
想知道他们生什么病吗 ?
You want their diseases?
我们也许一开始 就踏出错误的第一步
Look, we got off on the wrong foot here.
没错 , 小姐 , 你天生 有两只左脚和难看的鞋子
That’s all you got, lady– two wrong feet and fucking ugly shoes.
她羞辱我
She insulted me.
放屁 , 那只不过是个误会
Bullshit. It was a misunderstanding.
你对她不礼貌 , 不尊重她…
But instead of handling it politely and treating her with respect–
我为什么该尊重她 ?
Why should I respect her?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!