有纯的铬 , 这种铬对身体很好
There’s straight up chromium, does all kind of good things for the body.
有三价铬 , 这也没什么害处
Chrom three, which is fairly benign.
还有六价铬
Then there’s chrom six, hexavalent chromium…
视含量多寡 有时对人体很不好
which, depending on the amounts, can be very harmful.
怎么个不好法 ? 会怎么样 ?
Harmful, how? What would you get?
若持续曝露在高量的铬下 天啊 , 可能会…
With repeated exposure to toxic levels, God, anything really…
有慢性头痛 , 流鼻血 或发生呼吸道疾病
from chronic headaches and nosebleeds to respiratory disease…
肝衰竭 , 心脏衰竭 生殖系统出问题
liver failure, heart failure, reproductive failure…
骨骼或器官衰败 当然 , 还有各式各样的癌症
bone or organ deterioration, plus, of course, any type of cancer.
这玩意儿会要人命
So, that stuff, it kills people.
没错 , 有剧毒 , 也很容易致癌
Yeah, definitely. Highly toxic, highly carcinogenic.
它还会入侵D N A 所以会遗传给下一代
It gets into your DNA too, so you pass the trouble to your kids.
这玩意真的很危险
It’s very, very bad.
它的功用是什么 ?
What’s it used for?
通常用来防锈
A rust inhibitor.
电力公♥司♥通常采用活塞式引擎 引擎过热时
Utility plants use piston engines. The engines get hot.
就用水冷却 , 水里加铬以防锈
They run water through them. Chromium’s in the water to prevent corrosion.
我要怎么查出 辛克利用的是哪种铬 ?
Well, how do I find out what kind of chromium they use in Hinkley?
-有没有去过他们的水利会 ? -那是什么 ?
– Been to their water board? – What’s that?
每个郡都有
Every county has one.
辖区内和水有关的事 他们都有纪录
It has records of anything water-related within its jurisdiction.
-你在那里应该会有所发现 -郡水利会
– You should find something there. – County water board.
知道了 , 谢谢
All right. Well, thanks.
祝你好运
Good luck.
我劝你最好不要张扬
I wouldn’t advertise what you’re looking for.
当人们发现苗头不对 可疑的纪录通常会马上消失
Incriminating records have a way of disappearing when people smell trouble.
我会记住的 , 谢谢
I’ll remember that. Thanks.
“拉罕登区水利会”
可恶 , 这扇门好重
Damn, that’s a heavy door.
-我来帮你 -谢谢
– Let me give you a hand. – Thank you very much.
-你真有绅士风度… -我姓史考特
– Aren’t you a gentleman, Mr… – Scott.
史考特先生 , 幸会
Mr. Scott. Pleased to meet you.
我叫艾琳
I’m Erin.
艾琳 , 酷啊
Erin. Cool.
有什么事吗 ?
So what can I do for you?
信不信由你 , 我在找水利资料
Believe it or not, I’m on the prowl for some water records.
-那你来对地方了 -我想应该是吧
– You’ve come to the right place. – I guess I did.
告诉我你要找什么东西 我很乐意帮你找
Just tell me what you wanna look at and I’d be glad to dig ’em out for you.
我要是知道就好了 这是我老板要的
I wish I knew. It’s for my boss.
他因水权之争闹得不可开交
He’s in this water dispute…
他要我找一大堆地方的资料
and he wants me to find all kinds of papers from all kinds of places.
我看不如这样吧
You know, it would probably be easiest…
你让我自己去翻翻好吗 ?
if I just squeezed back there and poked around myself.
-你不会反对吧 ? -没问题 , 你请便
– Would that be all right with you? – Heck, yeah. Come on back.
不过要先请你在这里签个字
I’m just gonna need you to sign in here.
没问题
Sure.
-帕提 , 这是你的中间名吗 ? -是我娘家的姓
– Pattee. Is that your middle name? – Maiden.
你结婚了 ?
You’re married?
早就挣脱婚姻枷锁了
Not anymore.
我可以…
Can I just…
我喜欢你的裤子
I love your pants.
谢了
Thanks.
就是这里了
This is it.
真壮观
It’s impressive.
我有需要会叫你的
I’ll call you if I need anything.
谢谢
Thank you.
“清除及废除令”
“6 – 8 7 – 1 6 0号♥”
“影印”
“加州区域水质控制委员会”
“太平洋瓦斯电力公♥司♥ 清除废弃物”
“排放六价铬”
“导致污染 , 污染地下水质”
“铬含量”
“采样计划 , 污染范围”
“向北一英里”
我的东西呢 ?
Where’s my stuff?
-你到哪里去了 ? -妈的 , 我的东西呢 ?
– Where have you been? – Where the fuck’s my stuff?
别这样对我说话 你算哪棵葱 ?
Don’t you use language like that with me. Who do you think you are?
-有人把我的东西拿走了 -很高兴看到你
– Someone took my stuff. – Nice to see you.
-有我孩子的照片 , 马克杯… -牙膏 , 慕斯和体香剂
– I had photos of my kids, a mug… – Toothpaste, mousse and deodorant.
-在这里 -怎么回事 ?
– Here. – What’s going on?
有些工作能让你摸鱼打混 但在我们这里不行
There may be jobs where you can disappear, but this isn’t one of’em.
在这里 , 不工作就请你走
Here, you don’t do the work, you don’t get to stay.
我有在工作 你去问马西瑞先生 , 他知道
I’ve been working. Ask Mr. Masry. He knows.
要问你去问 , 是他开除你的
You ask Mr. Masry. He fired you.
你开除我 ?
You said to fire me?
我再回电 你消失了一星期
I’ll call you back. You’ve been gone for a week.
我有留言 我在调查那个房♥地♥产♥的案子
I left a message. I was working on this real estate thing.
-我本来打算要写份报告的 -你不能留个言就不见了
– I was gonna write a report. – You don’t leave a message and take off.
-难道要我每两秒就打电♥话♥来 -是的 , 这叫做责任感
– Do I check in every two seconds? – Yes, it’s called accountability.
-我没跟你说话 , 婊♥子♥ ! -什么 ?
– I’m not talking to you, bitch! – Excuse me?
够了 , 听着 , 艾琳
That’s enough. Look, Erin.
这件事先不提 , 我不认为这里…
This incident aside, I don’t think this is the right place…
适合你 , 好吗 ?
for you, okay?
所以我会帮你打几通电♥话♥ 帮你找份别的工作
So I’ll make a few calls on your behalf and find something else.
-别费事了 -我只是想帮忙
– Don’t bother. – I’m trying to help.
你只是想要 减轻开除我的罪恶感
You’re trying to feel less guilty about firing someone with three kids.
我才不会让你称心如意呢
Fuck if I’m gonna help you do that!
回去工作 !
Get back to work!
-你在这里干什么 ? -修你的水槽
– What the hell are you doing here? – Fixing the leak under your sink.
该死的 , 乔治 我没有要你做这些事
Damn it, George. I don’t ask you to do things like that.
看看你搞的一团糟
Look at this mess you’ve made.
我还没弄好
I’m not done with that.
拿出去
Get it out.
-天啊 ! -别激动
– Jesus! – Relax.
该死的 , 到哪里去了 ?
Shit! Where did it go?
-在哪里 ? -在后面吧
– Where is it? – Somewhere back there.
在你的脚后面 爬到你的腿上去了
Behind your foot. Going up your leg now.
天啊 ! 这他妈的算哪门子生活 ?
Jesus! Who fucking lives like this?
是谁会让自己的孩子住在…
Who lets their kids run around in a place…
一个蟑螂像猫一样大的房♥子里
that is crawling with bugs the size of house cats?
你只要找除虫公♥司♥来就好了 大家都这么做
All you have to do is call an exterminator. Everybody gets them.
我不能找除虫公♥司♥
I can’t call an exterminator.
我请不起 我连电♥话♥费都付不起
I can’t afford one. I can’t even afford my phone.
我被开除了
I got fired.
什么 ?
What?
你这话什么意思 ? 你工作很努力啊
What do you mean you got fired? You’re working so hard.
那根本不重要
It doesn’t matter.
It doesn’t make one fucking bit of difference.
我不知道我是怎么了
I don’t know what happened to me.
我是说…
I mean…
天啊 , 我以前还是 维奇塔小姐耶
God, I was Miss Wichita, for Christ’s sake.
我有没有告诉过你 ?
Did I tell you that?
你隔壁邻居 是个他妈的选美皇后
You are living next door to a real live fucking beauty queen.
我的后冠还在呢
I still have my tiara.
我以为自己会有一番作为
And I thought it meant I was gonna do something important with my life…
证明我也是很重要的
that it meant I was someone.
你对我很重要
You’re someone to me.
你会不会也让我心痛 ?
Are you gonna be something else that I have to survive?
我老实告诉你
‘Cause I’ll tell you the truth.
我会受不了的
I’m not up to it.
我走上舞台
So I get up on the stage, right?
手上拿着一大束花
And I have the big bouquet of flowers.
我一脚在前 , 说…
And I had my foot out like this, and I say…
“我要把自己做 维奇塔小姐的任期”
I will devote my entire reign as Miss Wichita…
“致力于解决世界饥荒”
to bringing an end to world hunger…
“创造世界和平新契机”
and to the creation of a peaceful Earth…
– “让男女老幼安居乐业” -天啊 !
– for every man, woman and child.” – God!
-维奇塔小姐的任期多久 ? -一年
– How long were you Miss Wichita? – One year.
当然 , 在替新超♥市♥剪彩的事 终于告一段落之后
Of course, by the time I got through opening new supermarkets…
我只剩下几周可以拯救世界了
I only had a few weeks left to work on hunger and world peace.
-是啊 -我不知道自己在想什么
– Right. – I don’t know what I was thinking.
那你呢 ?
What about you, huh?
我怎样 ?
What about me?
你怎样 ?
What about you?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!