The one that I like best says–
我不逐字引述 , 但上面说 “没错 , 水中是有毒”
I’m paraphrasing here, but it says, Yes, the water’s poisonous…
“但是最好不要把 这件事情张扬出去”
but it would be better for all involved to not discuss this with the neighbors.
这是P G & E总公♥司♥ 写给辛克利分公♥司♥的
It’s to the Hinkley station from PG&E headquarters.
日期是 “ 1 9 6 6年3月”
Stamped “” Received, March 1 966.””
你…你是怎么办到的 ?
How did you do this?
我无知 , 又没有念过法学院
Well, seeing as how I have no brains or legal expertise
艾德又对这个体制失去信心
and Ed here was losing faith in the system…
-是的 , 我完全没有信心 -我只好出♥卖♥♥♥我的肉体
– No faith. – I just performed sexual favors.
我在五天内 帮6 3 4个人吹♥喇♥叭♥
Six hundred and thirty-four blow jobs in five days.
我真的累毙了
I’m really quite tired.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
我还是不知道 你为什么坚持要我一起来
I’m still not sure why you wanted me to come.
因为我要你亲眼看看 你帮我成就的事
I want to show you what you helped to do.
-你今天觉得如何 ? -很好
– How are you feeling today? – Good.
-今天很好 -我很高兴
– It’s a good day. – Oh, I’m glad.
进来吧
Come on in.
什么风把你们吹来了
What a nice surprise this is.
唐娜
我想亲自来 而不想打电♥话♥给你
I wanted to come out here instead of calling…
法官做出裁决了
because the judge came back with a number.
是全体还是…
For the whole group, or…
还是只有我们…
for us, or–
都有
Both.
他要电力公♥司♥…
He’s gonna make them pay…
赔偿三亿三千三百万元
333 million.
-还有… -我的天啊
Oh, my God.
他还要电力公♥司♥ 从中拨五百万给你们家
And he’s gonna make them give five million of that to your family.
五百万元 ?
Five million dollars?
五百万元 !
我甚至不知道这是多少钱 !
I don’t even know how much money that is!
这笔钱…
Well, it’s enough…
够你一辈子用
for whatever you could ever need…
也够你的女儿 和你的外孙花一辈子
or whatever your girls need or your girls’ girls need.
他们一辈子都不缺钱了
It’ll be enough.
艾琳
Oh, Erin.
天啊
Oh, God.
太谢谢你了
Thank you so much.
没事的
It’s okay.
要是没有你的话 我不知道要怎么办
I don’t know what I would’ve done without you.
今天真不错
It’s a good day.
这实在是太多了 !
This is too much!
马西瑞维提托事务所 我可以…
Masry and Vititoe. Can I–
可恶
Shoot.
我送货来给艾德马西瑞
I have a delivery for Ed Masry.
他的办公室在走廊尽头右手边
It’s the last office down the corridor on the right.
谢谢
Thank you.
马西瑞维提托…
Masry and Vititoe–
该死的 , 有没有人知道 这些电♥话♥怎么用 ?
Damn it. Does anyone know anything about these phones?
“巨人小心了” 大家都很喜欢…
Everybody loves the desk…
你帮我挑的办公桌
you picked out for me, baby.
你猜猜本月洛杉机律师月刊 的封面人物是谁 ?
And guess who’s on the cover of Los Angeles Lawyer magazine.
待会儿再打给你 , 再见
Talk to you later. Bye.
-谢谢 -不客气
– Thank you. – You’re welcome.
我最好还是自己跟她说
I’d rather walk her through this in person.
我要拿些东西给她看… 一些资料文件什么的
There’s some things I want to show her– visual aides, documents and stuff.
麻烦你转告她 我不会耽误她太久的
If you could just tell her I won’t take up too much of her time.

Right.
这比辛克利案复杂一些 让我来吧
Well, it’s a little more complicated than Hinkley, so let me do that.
告诉她我不是律师 说不定会有帮助
Tell her I’m not a lawyer. That may help.
好极了
Great.
你现在就把地址给我好了 以防万一
Why don’t you give me the address now, just in case.

All right.
谢谢 , 再见
Thanks so much. Bye.
什么事 ?
What’s up?
你的红利在我这里
I have your bonus check.
我要你有心理准备
I want you to be prepared…
因为…
because…
金额跟我们说好的有出入
the figure’s not exactly what we discussed.
为什么 ?
Why not?
因为在仔细考虑后我认为…
Because after careful consideration, I felt…
那个金额…
that the figure was not…
并不妥当
appropriate.
你也许不同意
Although you may not agree…
不过你还是信任我吧
you have to trust my judgment.
信任 ? 你要我信任你 ?
Trust? You want me to trust you?
帮个忙 , 艾德 别说你不懂的话
Do me a favor, Ed. Don’t use big words you don’t understand.
艾琳 , 事情很复杂 你不是合格的律师
It’s a complicated issue, Erin. You’re not a qualified lawyer.
你应该论功行赏
I did a job. You should reward me accordingly.
问题就出在这里 你们律师总喜欢把事情复杂化
That is the problem. All you lawyers do is complicate uncomplicated situations.
你知不知道大家都认为 律师是吃人不吐骨头的恶棍 ?
Do you know why people think all lawyers are backstabbing, bloodsucking scumbags?
因为这是实情
Because they are.
我现在为了克特曼原告的事 忙死了 , 你居然这样对我
I cannot believe you’d do this when I’m up to my ass in Kettleman plaintiffs…
这个案子比辛克利大上两倍
which, by the way, looks like it’s gonna be double the amount we had in Hinkley.
你要我抛下孩子出差
You expect me to go out there, leave my kids to be looked after by strangers…
要这些人把生命交给你 而自己却被你甩的团团转 ?
get these people to trust you with their lives, and all while you’re screwing me.
艾德 , 我在意的不是钱
I want you to know something, Ed. It is not about the number.
而是本公♥司♥ 对我工作的评价如何
It’s about the way my work is valued in this firm.
是不管我怎么努力 你根本…
It’s about how, no matter what I do, you’re not–
“给艾琳波可维奇 两百万元”
我刚刚说…
As I was saying…
我认为…
I decided that…
你提出来的金额
the figure you proposed…
并不妥当
was inappropriate…
所以我加了一些
so I increased it.
没人教选美皇后怎么道歉吗 ?
Do they teach beauty queens how to apologize?
因为你的道歉实在瘪脚
Because you suck at it.
“辛克利控告P G & E 一案的赔偿金额”
“是美国有史以来”
“直接诉讼案中最高的一笔”
谢谢你 , 艾德
Thank you, Ed.
“P G & E声称 他们不再使用六价铬”
“来做防锈用途”
“他们的废水池 都做了防漏处理”
“以免污染地下水”
“艾琳和艾德 目前手上还有七件案子”
“包括加州克特曼居民 控告P G & E一案”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!