That sounds great. Let’s do that.
不过这个做法也有风险
There’s a downside.
P G & E会提出抗辩
PG&E will submit a demurrer…
他们会提出一系列的理由
a list of reasons attacking each complaint…
个别攻击每一名被告 说被告的论点站不住脚
claiming that each cause of action has no merit.
如果法官同意他们的话 他会驳回我们的告诉
If the judge agrees with them, he’ll dismiss our case…
P G & E就不需要跟我们和解
PG&E will have no reason to settle…
本案到此结束
and it’s all over.
所以说最后就要看…
So, basically, it all comes down to…
法官怎么说了
what this one judge decides.
没错
Basically, yeah.
天啊
Jesus.
我以前检查的结果都是良性
I’d gotten so used to having them come up benign.
这次我真的措手不及
Guess I just didn’t expect it.
真希望有时间慢慢适应
Sure wish I would have had longer to get used to the idea.
如果没有子♥宫♥
You think if you’ve got no uterus…
也没有乳♥房♥♥
and no breasts…
还算是个女人吗 ?
you’re still technically a woman?
那当然
Sure you are.
你只是…
Yeah, you’re just…
你会变成一个更快乐的女人
you’re actually a happier woman…
你再也不需要用护垫 穿钢丝胸罩
because you don’t have to worry about maxi pads and underwire.
艾琳 , 你会要他们认错 对吧 ?
We’re gonna get them, Erin, aren’t we?
答应我 , 你一定会整垮他们
You gotta promise me that we’re gonna get them.
我会的
Yeah.
我这里有一份辛克利居民
All right, I have before me a complaint…
提出的控诉 “圣伯纳帝诺郡司法大厦”
on behalf of the residents of Hinkley…
他们对太平洋瓦斯电力公♥司♥ 提出告诉
who have filed this lawsuit against Pacific Gas and Electric…
要求其支付身心赔偿及医药费
for damages, medical expenses and personal trauma…
因为该公♥司♥污染当地的地下水
due to contamination of the ground water in their area…
by the defendant.
而太平洋瓦斯电力公♥司♥
And I have here 84 motions to strike…
也提出8 4份取消告诉
and demurrers submitted by representatives…
及抗辩书
of Pacific Gas and Electric…
每一份都对居民告诉的 合法性提出质疑
each one attacking the validity of this complaint.
我已经仔细的看过 所有的文件了
I have reviewed all of the information carefully.
现在要宣判了
I’m ready to give my decision.
在宣判之前 双方有什么话要说 ?
Before I do, is there anything anyone wants to say?
没有 , 法官大人
No, Your Honor.
没有
很好
Very well.
在加州辛克利居民
In the matter of the Plaintiffs of Hinkley, California…
控告太平洋瓦斯电力公♥司♥一案
versus Pacific Gas and Electric…
本庭决定…
it is the order of this court…
8 4份抗辩书…
that each of the 84 motions to strike and demurrers…
将全数予以驳回
are denied…
针对太平洋瓦斯电力公♥司♥ 的控告成立
and the causes of action against Pacific Gas and Electric are upheld.
我还有话要说
On a more personal note…
我身为巴斯托的居民 此地离辛克利并不远
as a resident here in Barstow, which is not far from Hinkley…
这些证据让我深感不安
I am disturbed by reference to evidence…
证据显示该公♥司♥ 不仅使用六价铬
that suggests that not only was hexavalent chromium used…
你们的当事人 居然还印制宣传手册给居民
but that your clients actually sent these residents pamphlets…
告诉他们 这对他们的身体有好处
telling them that it was good for them.
告诉你们的当事人 准备上法庭吧
Tell your clients they’re going to trial.
天啊 他们看起来像是特勤组的
Jesus. They look like the Secret Service.
他们只是虚张声势
Intimidation.
让好戏开锣吧
Let the games begin.
带他们到会议室去
Show them into the conference room.
唐纳 , 安娜
Donald. Anna.
我有话跟你们说
I want to talk to you for a minute.
各位好
Counselors.
你们好 !
咱们有话直说吧
Let’s be honest here.
两千万是这些人一辈子 也不敢梦想的财富
Twenty million dollars is more money than these people have ever dreamed of.
听到这话我就火大
See, now that pisses me off.
第一 , 在你们提出抗辩之后 我们已经找到四百多名原告
First of all, since the demurrer we have more than 400 plaintiffs.
咱们有话直说 大家都知道原告数目不止于此
Let’s be honest. We all know there are more out there.
他们也许没有受过高深教育 但也懂得除法
They may not be the most sophisticated people, but they do know how to divide.
两千万元分一分连屁都买♥♥不起
Twenty million dollars isn’t shit when you split it between them.
第二 这些人并不想要一夜致富
Second of all, these people don’t dream about being rich.
他们只希望他们的孩子 能自♥由♥戏水
They dream about being able to watch their kids swim in a pool…
而不用在2 0岁时 就切除子♥宫♥
without worrying that they’ll have to have a hysterectomy at the age of 20…
比如说萝莎迪亚兹 她是我们的当事人
like Rosa Diaz, a client of ours…
或是像我们另一位客户 史坦布鲁一样脊椎退化
or have their spine deteriorate like Stan Bloom, another client of ours.
所以在你们提出那些 笑死人的赔偿金额之前
So before you come back here with another lame-ass offer…
华克先生 , 我要你想想 你的脊椎值多少钱
I want you to think real hard about what your spine is worth, Mr. Walker…
山契斯小姐 , 也请你想想 你的子♥宫♥值多少钱
or what you might expect someone to pay you for your uterus, Ms. Sanchez.
然后拿出你们的计算机
Then you take out your calculator…
乘以一百
and you multiply that number by 100.
只要少于那个数目 就是在浪费我们的时间
Anything less than that is a waste of our time.
对了 这水是特别为你们运来的
By the way, we had the water brought in special for you folks.
是从辛克利运来的
Came from a well in Hinkley.
我想会议到此结束吧
I think this meeting’s over.
你说的一点都没错
Damn right it is.
搞什么 , 乔治 发生大地震啦 ?
Fuck, George, did a bomb blow up? You letting the kids run wild?
那是什么 ?
What’s that?
我有天逛街的时候看到的
I saw ’em in a mall one day.
我心想 “天啊”
I said, ” Damn…
“她戴起来一定很漂亮”
those would look good on those beautiful ears.”
我买♥♥下来心想 “下一次 艾琳对我温言软语时”
So I bought ’em and said, ” Next time Erin does or says something nice…
“就把这对耳环送给她”
I’ll surprise her with ’em.”
你知道那是多久以前的事吗 ?
You know how long ago that was?
六个月前
Six months ago.
对不起…
I’m sorry…
我在想…
And so what I’m thinking is…
要嘛你换份工作 不然就换个男人
either you gotta find a different job or a different guy.
也许有很多男人
There may be many men out there…
愿意为你做牛做马不求回报
who don’t mind being the maid and getting nothing in return…
但我不是其中之一
but I sure as shit ain’t one of’em.
乔治 , 我不能辞职
I can’t leave my job, George.
你可以
Yes, you can.
你只要开口辞就行了 大家都这样
You can just quit. People do it all the time.
你怎么可以要我这么做 ?
How can you ask me to do that?
这份工作…
This job…
是我这辈子第一次 感受到被人尊重的滋味
For the first time in my life I’ve got people respecting me.
在辛克利
Up in Hinkley…
人们看到我都闭口不言 等我开口
I walk into a room and everyone shuts up to hear if I’ve got something to say.
我从来没有过这种感觉
I never had that before. Ever.
请不要逼我放弃
Please don’t ask me to give it up.
那孩子们的牺牲又怎么说 ?
What about what your kids are giving up?
我现在能为他们做的 比以前多多了
I’m doing more for my kids now than I did living with my parents.
他们迟早会明白的
One day they’ll understand that.
-那我怎么办 ? -什么你怎么办 ?
– Well, what about me? – What about you?
我孩子的父亲
You think either one of the men who gave me those children…
在弃我而去之前 有问过我要什么吗 ?
asked me what I wanted before he walked away?
我这辈子都对男人屈服 为男人牺牲
All I’ve ever done is bend my life around what men decide they need.
这次我不干 , 对不起
Well, not now. I’m sorry. I won’t do it.
那么…
Well…
艾琳 , 我不是他们
Erin, I’m not them.
你要我怎么向你证明呢 ?
What more do I have to do to prove that to you?
留下来
Stay.
为什么 ?
What for?
嗯 ?
Hmm?
你加了薪
You got a raise.
可以请保母 , 你不需要我
You can afford day care. You don’t need me.
谢谢
Thank you.
潘蜜拉 , 我们一定会赢的
We can get them, Pamela.
真的
We can.
我不想再重新感受这种痛苦
I don’t want to feel it all over again…
结果却一无所获
and then not have it come out right.
我不知道自己是否受得了
I don’t know if I could handle that.
我不能让孩子们吃这种苦
Put the kids through that.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!