拉里,让我看看朱莉娅·特雷德韦的照片
Larry, let me see those Julia Tredway pictures
我们得到了她老人跳楼的那晚。
we got the night her old man jumped out of the Tower.
喂,这是杰西·格林的住处吗?
Hello, is this the residence of Jesse Grimm?
我可以和他说话吗?
May I speak with him, please?
乔,告诉我如果他们再打电♥话♥。。。
Joe, tell UP if they call once more…
我能找到他吗?
Is there any way I can reach him?
那么,特雷德韦小姐呢?-现在就去找她。
Now, what about Miss Tredway? – Getting her right now.
小心你写的关于她和布拉德的事。那是诽谤。
Be careful what you write about her and Bullard. That’s libel.
你好?
Hello?
是的,这就是她。
Yes, this is she.
在布拉德的领导下重组,
As reorganized under Bullard’s leadership,
特雷德韦公♥司♥崛起成为
Tredway Corporation rose to become
美国第三大家具制♥造♥商。
the nation’s third-largest manufacturer of fine furniture.
一个很牛的人就57岁了……
A very Bullard would have been 57 on…
请原谅我。
Excuse me.
让弗雷德很难受。
Got Fred pretty hard.
嗯,你知道他们怎么样。
Well, you know how they were.
你知道这意味着什么,不是吗?
You realize what this means, don’t you?
为了弗雷德?他将成为公♥司♥的总裁。
For Fred? He’ll be president of the company.
亲爱的。
Dear.
你现在帮不了他。你得想想你自己。
There’s nothing you can do for him now. You’ve got to think of yourself.
你为它工作了29年,弗雷德。这是你应得的。
You worked for it, Fred, 29 years of it. You’ve earned it.
你有权利,我也有。
You have a right, and so have I.
你付出了一生,活在他的阴影里。
You gave your whole life, lived in his shadow.
如果不是你,艾弗里·布拉德永远不会。。。
If it hadn’t been for you, Avery Bullard would never…
哦,伊迪丝,伊迪丝,求你了。
Oh, Edith, Edith, please.
我们等了很久了。
We’ve waited a long time.
那些年我想要些东西。我要我们得到回报!
I want something for those years. I want us to be paid back!
请原谅我。沃林先生来了。
Excuse me. Mr. Walling is here.
唐,他需要你的帮助。
Don, he’ll need your help.
太不可思议了。简直 不可思议。
It’s incredible. Incredible.
我以为你想去塔那边。
I thought you’d want to get over to the Tower.
是的,没错。
Yes, that’s right.
我想我得马上把事情搞定。
I guess I’ll have to get on top of things right away.
走吧。
Let’s go.
晚安,伊迪丝。-晚安。
Good night, Edith. – Good night.
马丁小姐。。。
Miss Martin…
如果你还有什么需要填的话,
If there’s anything more you need to fill out your story,
跟李·奥曼德联♥系♥一下。-非常感谢,肖先生。
just get in touch with Lee Ormand here. – Thank you very much, Mr. Shaw.
弗雷德,唐,你下来真好。
Fred, Don, it’s good you came down.
也许你可以在这里提些建议。
Perhaps you can make some suggestions here.
我和李商量好了处理新闻的计划,
I’ve roughed out a plan with Lee for handling the news,
但我们可能错过了什么。
but it’s possible we missed something.
首先,我冒昧点了菜
First of all, I’ve taken the liberty of ordering
立即发布盈利报告。
the immediate release of the earnings report.
我没有授权。
I didn’t authorize that.
嗯,我相信你会同意这不仅是明智的,而且是必要的。
Well, I’m sure you’d agree that it’s not only wise, but necessary.
为什么?
Why?
布拉德先生死的消息
Served up cold, the news of Mr. Bullard’s death
将在周一开♥盘♥时对特雷德韦的股票造成相当大的冲击。
would hit Tredway’s stock pretty hard at Monday’s opening.
通过反击我们收入增加的好消息,
By countering with the good news of our increased earnings,
我们不仅要阻止下滑,
we’ll not only check the decline,
但把特雷德韦的存货送上去相当可观。
but send Tredway stock up quite handsomely.
开始一个新的管理层不是一个坏方法,是吗?
It’s not a bad way to start a new management, is it?
《泰♥晤♥士♥报♥》、《论♥坛♥报》和《华尔街日报》将有一个特别的发行版,
And there’ll be a special release for the Times, Tribune and Wall Street Journal,
以及晚报和周日报纸的后续报道。
and a follow-up for the evening and Sunday papers.
基本情况相同,但公♥司♥实力更强,
The same basic story, but with a stronger company slant,
将被送到我们工厂所在城市的行业和早报。
will be sent to the trades and the morning papers in our factory cities.
李将给《时代》和《新闻周刊》的商业编辑打电♥话♥。
Lee will telephone the business editors of Time and Newsweek.
这基本上解决了第一个问题。优先权。
That pretty much takes care of the first-priority stuff.
我错过了什么?
Anything I’ve missed?
肖先生,一切我都会照办的。先生们。
I’ll follow through on everything, Mr. Shaw. Gentlemen.
我希望Ormand不要把这当成什么宣传报道。
I hope Ormand there isn’t handling this like some publicity story.
我很有信心我们可以依靠他的良好品味和判断力。
I’m quite confident we can rely on his good taste and judgment.
你不这么认为吗,唐?
Don’t you think so, Don?
在这种情况下,你再小心也不为过。
In a situation like this, you can’t be too careful.
所以我马上把奥曼带到这里来。
That’s why I got Ormand down here right away.
事实上,我差点没给他打电♥话♥。
As a matter of fact, I almost didn’t call him.
我肯定有人在我之前就想到了。
I was sure somebody must’ve thought of it before I did.
显然,没有人这么做。
Apparently, no one did.
我已经做了所有其他的安排。
I have made all the other arrangements.
葬礼将在星期一4:30举♥行♥,我要求。。。
The funeral will be Monday at 4:30, and I’ve asked…
不,不会的!
No, it won’t!
葬礼将在两点举♥行♥。
The funeral will be at 2:00.
在圣马丁?-在圣马丁,是的。
At St. Martin’s? – At St. Martin’s, yes.
也许我是被误导了。
Perhaps I was misinformed.
我查了一下教堂的日历,发现婚礼定在两点。
When I checked the church calendar, I found a wedding scheduled for 2:00.
我们可以对教会做些什么。
Something can be done about the church.
我还有一个想法。
There’s another point I had in mind.
老工人比例最高,
The highest proportion of older factory workers,
那些可能想参加葬礼的人,在7:00到3:00轮班。
those who might want to attend the funeral, are found in the 7:00 to 3:00 shift.
有什么区别?工厂无论如何都会关闭的。
What difference does it make? The factories will be closed anyway.
今天呢?-是的,今天。
For the day? – Yes, for the day.
我想你想的只是它要花的钱。
I suppose all you’re thinking of is the money it’ll cost.
不是第一个考虑,但我碰巧想起了。
Not as a first consideration, but I did happen to recall
布拉德先生在菲茨杰拉德去世时指出
Mr. Bullard pointing out at the time of Fitzgerald’s death
带薪休假将给公♥司♥带来约8.7万美元的损失。
that a paid holiday would represent a loss to the company of approximately $87,000.
当然,这个数字是在上次加薪之前。
And that figure, of course, was before the last wage raise.
按目前的利率会更高一些。
It’d be somewhat more at the current rates.
也许还有另一个考虑,
There’s another consideration, minor perhaps,
但这似乎确实值得考虑。
but it did seem worth taking into account.
四点半的时间会更方便
The 4:30 time would make it more convenient
关闭我们的陈列室。。。-方便!
to close our showroom… – Convenient!
在葬礼上。这一直是你的态度,肖。
…during the funeral. – That’s always been your attitude, Shaw.
尽可能方便你自己。
To make everything as convenient as possible for yourself.
即使是布拉德先生的死也必须符合你的图表。
Even Mr. Bullard’s death has to fit into one of your charts.
我不这么认为,奥尔德森。我可不这么认为。
I don’t rate that, Alderson. I don’t rate that at all.
我只有一个兴趣,这家公♥司♥的利益。
I have only one interest, the good of this company.
大学教师。
Don.
告诉我,是我错了,还是那个老男孩刚才看起来有点发抖?
Tell me, am I wrong, or did the old boy seem a little shaky just then?
我知道他身体不太好。-你不觉得他有权利这么做吗?
I know he hasn’t been well. – Don’t you think he has a right to be?
你知道他比我们其他人更接近布拉德。
You know he was closer to Bullard than the rest of us.
唐,我仔细考虑过了。
Don, I was careful to take that into account.
你一定看到我有理由对他的态度感到恼火,
Surely you saw there was every reason for me to be annoyed at his attitude,
所以我尽量不表现出来。
and so I did my best not to show it.
我们为什么不跳过呢?-唐,
Why don’t we just skip it? – Don,
我希望你不要那样想。
I wish you wouldn’t feel that way.
尤其是你。
You particularly.
为什么特别是我?
Why me particularly?
好吧,毕竟,我们知道这里的情况并不是很好。
Well, after all, we know things haven’t been run too perfectly around here.
这也是我一直希望我们能更紧密合作的原因之一。
That’s one of the reasons I’ve often wished we could work more closely together.
坦白说,我希望现在我可以,
And frankly, I’d hoped that now I could, well,
指望你的支持。
count on your support.
我一直觉得你和我有共同的兴趣。
I’ve always felt that you and I shared a certain community of interest.
用你自己的话说,肖,我这里只有一个兴趣,
In your own words, Shaw, I have only one interest around here,
这家公♥司♥的利益。
the good of this company.
艾丽卡!
Erica.
艾丽卡!
Erica.
我很抱歉。
I’m sorry.
我非常抱歉。-别这样。
I’m terribly sorry. – Now, don’t be.
永远不要为你对他的感觉感到遗憾。
Don’t ever be sorry for feeling the way you do about him.
弗雷德?
Fred?
对不起,唐。搞得一团糟。
Sorry, Don. Made a mess of it.
哦,看,弗雷德,没人料到。。。
Oh, look, Fred, nobody expected…
你对我很失望,我对自己也很失望。
You were disappointed in me, I was disappointed in myself.
我以为我能做到,但我做不到。
I thought I could do it, but I can’t.
听着,什么都没解决。就因为肖利用了。。。
Look, nothing’s settled. Just because Shaw took advantage of…
哦,不是肖。根本不是肖。
Oh, it wasn’t Shaw. It wasn’t Shaw at all.
那是我的错误,以为我在和他战斗。
That was my mistake, thinking I was fighting him.
我已经为他准备好了,我可以对付他。
I was ready for him, could’ve handled him.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!