196♥4♥年 巴黎
贾科梅蒂
196♥4♥年,我是旅居巴黎的年轻作家
In 196♥4♥, I was a young writer living in Paris.
我写过几篇关于贾科梅蒂的文章
I had written a few articles about Alberto Giacometti,
他是当代最成功并受人敬重的大♥师♥
who was one of the most accomplished and respected artists of his generation.
我跟贾科梅蒂与他弟迪亚哥成为好友
I had become good friends with Giacometti and his brother, Diego.
有一天在展览过后, 他要我让他画一张肖像
And one day, after an exhibition, he asked me to sit for a portrait.
他说只要两三小时就行了
He told me it would take no longer than two to three hours.
顶多一个下午
An afternoon at the most.
片名: 最后的肖像
哦,展览太精彩了
Oh, the exhibition was just beautiful.
我想他没真的开心过
I don’t think he’s ever really happy.
但他要我让他作画
Uh, but he asked me to pose for him.
没错,然后我几天后就回去
Yes, exactly, then I’ll be back in a few…
对,他说很快
Yeah. Oh, he said it’d be very quick.
不好意思
Excuse me.
贾科梅蒂工作室

Okay.
詹姆斯,你好!
Ah, hello, Jim!
你好吗?
Hello, Annette. How’s it going?
很好啊,你呢? – 谢谢,我很好
It’s going well. And you? – Good thanks, very good
亚伯特,我要去吃午饭
I’m going to lunch, Alberto.
你要来吗?
Are you coming?
好,我要去东恩,你要一起来吗?
Okay. I’m going to Le Dome. Would you like to join me?
我想去,但我们可能要开始了…
I would, but we’re about to start…
对,你是我先生的下一个受害者. – 嗯
Ah, yes, you’re my husband’s next victim. – Mm.
玩得开心 – 午餐愉快
Have fun. – Enjoy your lunch.
好,是不是太小了…
Okay, is it too small…?
詹姆斯 – 迪亚哥,你好
Ah, Jim. – Diego. Hello.
我听说你要来. – 你好吗?
I heard you were coming. – How’s it going?
好, 我很好
Ah, I’m okay, okay.
这是什么? – 我刚做好这个底座
What’s this? – I just made this base.
但这可能有点…
But, uh, it might be a little, uh…
这个吗? – 对
This one? – Yes.
这样如何?
How’s this?
底座很完美
The base is perfect.
我的雕塑很臭
My sculpture is shit.
没救了
Whew.
没希望了
It’s hopeless.

Okay.

No.
你的头像恶棍
You have the head of a brute.
老天,谢了 – 对,你看起来很像坏人
Gee, thanks. – Yeah. You look like a real thug.
谢谢
Thank you.
要是我把我看到的样子画下来,有警♥察♥看到这幅画
If I was to paint you as I see you now and a policeman was to see this painting,
你就会立刻被抓去关起来
you’d be thrown in jail, like that.
那或许我们不应该继续 – 不,不
Perhaps we shouldn’t continue. – No, no, no.
没关系,因为我永远没办法把我看到的你画出来
It’s all right. I’ll never be able to paint you as I see you.
你确定? – 当然确定
Are you sure? – Yes, of course.
这是不可能的事
It’s impossible.
你要知道,完成一幅肖像画也是不可能的事
Just so you know, it is also impossible to ever finish a portrait.
什么意思?
What do you mean?
以前的肖像画一定会完成
Well, portraits used to be finished.
非得完成不可
They had to be.
因为那就是他们的相片
They were necessary. It was a substitute for a photograph.
现在肖像画没有意义了
Now, portraits have no meaning.
所以我们做的是无意义的事?
So, what we’re doing is meaningless?
也是不可能的事
Mm. And impossible.
我根本没在做,我只能试图去做
And I’m not even doing it. I can only ever try to do it.
就到这里,今天就到此为止吧?
So on that note, shall we stop for the day?
这是个开始 – 对,是的…
Pff. It’s a start. – Yes. Yeah, yeah. Um, uh…
画还没完成,你明天能再来吧?
It’s not done yet. You can come back tomorrow, right?
行,但我有… – 好,你有什么?
Sure, sure, but I… I have the… – Good. You have what?
问题是我隔天要搭飞机
I’ve got the flight the next day is the only thing.
没关系 – 这样时间足够吗?
Oh, that’s fine. – That gives us enough time?
那当然 – 好,行啊,所以明天同一时间?
Yes. – All right, sure. So same time tomorrow?
对,谢谢 – 不,谢谢你才是
Sure, sure. Thank you. – No, no, thank you.
好吧,明天再看你会不会谢我吧 我会继续折磨你
Well, we’ll see if you thank me tomorrow after I torture you some more.
你有一些进展
You’ve made progress.
我不知道进展这字眼对不对
I don’t know if “progress” is the right word.
正确的字眼是什么? – 烂透了
What’s the right word? – Shitty!
没错,就是这样
Exactly, yes that’s it.
哈罗,宝贝
Hello baby.
哈罗,我的白发小老头
Hello, my little grey one.
很冷吧?
It’s cold no?
不过你看,我找到一样东西
But look, I found something.
我找到很适合你的东西
I found something just for you.
只给你的
Just for you.
你很坏
You’re naughty.
卡洛琳,你认识詹姆斯吗? – 詹姆斯,不认识,詹姆斯
Caroline, you know James? – James, no. Ah, James.
很高兴又见面了 – 哈罗,詹姆斯
Yes, nice to see you. – Hello, James.
亚伯特,明天见了? – 对,好
Uh, so, Alberto, I’ll see you tomorrow? – Yes. Good, good.
谢谢 – 不,谢谢你才是
Thank you. – No, thank you.
他竟然还在 – 来吧
He is still here. – Come on.
他没有要离开吗?
Does he not want to leave?
等等
Hang on.
还有这里!这里,这里…
And there! Again. Again, again, again, again. Again.
继续吧
Go on, now.
每天晚上,在画完我之后 贾科梅蒂会画卡洛琳
Each night, after working with me, Giacometti would work with Caroline,
他公开跟这个妓♥女♥交往
a prostitute with whom he’d been openly carrying on a relationship
三年了
for three years.
你做完了吗?
Are you done?
她是他主要的模特儿
She’d become his primary model,
他晚上的伴侣
his nighttime companion
以及迷恋的对象
and his obsession.
我不得不说,我也会想念巴黎。 – 是吗
I have to say, I will miss Paris as well. – Yeah.

Mm.
抱歉 待会见 – 哈罗,詹姆斯
Excuse me. I’ll see you in a minute. – Hello, James.
皮耶,你好吗? – 詹姆斯
Hello, Pierre. – James.
怎么样了? – 我看到画像了
How’s it going? – I saw the portrait.
呃,然后呢? – 这个嘛…
Oh, and? – Well…
皮耶认为他永远卖♥♥不掉
Pierre thinks he’ll never be able to sell it.
我没这么说过
I never said that.
我想那跟当事人比较有关系 而非画作本身
It’s more to do with the subject than the painting.
总之,我不会把画给你的,皮耶
Anyway, I’m not going to give it to you, Pierre.
我要把画给洛德 – 这是应该的
I’m going to give it to Lord. – And rightly so.
你画得很好,可能会成为你的大作
It’s coming along superbly. It could be your best.
你这么说之后,我可能会把画毁了
Oh, now you say that, I’m probably going to wreck it.
又来了
Typical.
你要咖啡吗? – 给我一杯,谢谢
You take a coffee? – I would love one, thank you.
不行,我们得回去做事了 – 奥
No, we have to go back to work. – Oh.
皮耶,很高兴见到你 – 真可惜!
Nice to see you, Pierre. – It’s a shame.
回头见
See you later.
祝你今天愉快。
Have a nice day.
你在干嘛?
What are you doing?
你介意吗?
Do you mind?
他妈的!
Oh, fuck!
我什么都不会
Don’t know how to do anything.
等等,你可以留下来吧?
Wait. You can stay, right?
我本来明天要走 – 奥
I was supposed to leave tomorrow. – Oh.
不过我可以…还要再一天吗?
No, but I could… Another day or…?
顶多一两天,如果画得不好
A day or two at the most, and then if it doesn’t turn out to be any good,
我就再也不画了
I can give up painting forever.
不要笑 – 抱歉
Don’t laugh. – Sorry.
你一直都这样吗?
Have you always been like this?
怎样? – 强烈怀疑自己的能力
Like what? – So doubtful of your own ability.
那当然,一年比一年糟
Of course. It gets worse every year.
但你一年比一年成功
But you become more successful every year.
怀疑比肯定自己更容易啊
What better breeding ground for doubt than success?
嗯?
Hmm?
别笑 – 你就笑了
Don’t smile. – Well, you did.
我才没有 – 你有
No, I didn’t. – You did.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!