他的弟兄全都死光了
What unit? They’re all fucking dead.
他喝得烂醉对得起他们吗?
This is how he honors those men, by drinking and throwing up and…?
他想回去,就送他回去吧
You know what? He wants it? Great, we’ll send him back.
今天就送他上火车
Get him packed and on a train today.
他丢尽了军人的脸
He’s an embarrassment to the uniform.
是,长官
Yes, sir.
我去跟他说
I’ll do it.
这样也好,这是我要的
Yeah, no, that’s, that’s good. That’s what I want.
我知道巡回旅行是件好事
I know it’s a good thing,
我们需要募到很多钱
raising the money and that, because we need it.
不过…我受不了他们叫我英雄
But I can’t take them calling me a hero.
我只是尽力不被敌人打死
All I did was try not to get shot.
有一些我看过的和做过的事
Some of the things I saw done, things I did…
并不能让我感到骄傲
…they weren’t things to be proud of, you know?
迈克
Mike.
迈克才是英雄
Mike was a hero.
你见过他吗?
You ever meet him?
没有
No.
我见过最英勇的陆战队员
Best Marine I ever met.
酋长
You know, chief,
如果是迈克在这里,而不是你
I think if Mike was sitting here instead of you…
他也会跟你一样…
…he’d be saying the same thing about himself…
说自己不是英雄
…not being a hero.
也许吧…他是个好人
Maybe.
He was a good guy.
不过我觉得他看到我这样
But I think that he would be ashamed of me…
一定会替我觉得丢脸
…seeing me the way I am.
我走之前能见我妈吗?
Think I could see my ma before they ship me off?
可以让我见我妈吗?
Think they’d do that? See my ma?
很抱歉
I’m sorry, Ira.
我们有精彩故事可以告诉子孙
We got stories now to tell our kids, I guess.
你要小心点
Keep your head down.
上车!
All aboard.
祝好运,酋长
Good luck, chief.
我之后见过他一次
Think I saw him once after that.
也许是战后六,七年吧
It was maybe six or seven years after the war.
我当推销员,经常开车到处去
I was working as a salesman, doing a lot of driving.
有一次开车经过德州
I was driving west across Texas.
把工作做完就赶着回家
I was trying to get where I was going so I could get home.
我看到一个人在路边搭便车
And I saw this guy hitchhiking on the side of the road.
有一刹那我以为可能是他
And for a second, I thought it might’ve been him.
我很后悔没停车,不过我在赶路
I’ll always regret that I didn’t stop, but I was in a hurry.
他是个印地安人
And he was an Indian.
我们都告诉记者
We always told the press Ira insisted fight with his unit…
他坚持要回部队
that he was going back to
有一部分是真的
…which was at least partially true…
但是…
…but
那并没有上报纸头版
that isn’t what got the headlines.
我们订婚了
We’re engaged.
失陪一下
Excuse me a minute, darling.
嗨,大夫什么事?
– Hey, Doc? – Yeah?
有空吗?
Got a minute?
有啊我到车上等你
– Yeah. – I’ll see you at the car.
你听说我要结婚了吗?
– You hear I’m getting married?
听说了,恭喜你
– I did, Rene. That’s great.
她想要结婚,她等了我这么久
Yeah, it’s something she wants. She waited for me all this time.
她不习惯这一切,但她是好女孩
She’s not used to all this, but she’s a good girl.
我相信你们会很幸福
I’m sure you’ll be very happy.
我想请你当我的伴郎
So I was wondering if you’d be my best man.
我?
Me?
你在家乡没有好朋友吗?
Don’t you have somebody at home, a buddy you’d rather ask?
我没交到什么朋友
Well, I didn’t really make many.
没当兵的人…很难聊得来
The ones who didn’t go, it’s, well, it’s hard to even talk to them.
你懂吗?我懂
– You know. – Yeah, I know.
这是我的荣幸
I’d be proud to.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我最好把她拉走
I better go drag her away from them…
免得她说我要当通用汽车总裁
…before she announces I’m gonna be president of General Motors or something.
好吧
All right.
恭喜了谢谢大家
– Congratulations, honey. – Thank you so much. Thank you.
雷内,你是幸运儿
Rene, you’re a lucky man.
(巴尔的摩市政厅)
他们现在出来了,他们出来了
– Here they are now. – Here they come.
帮他们在台阶上拍张照
Grab a shot of them on the steps.
笑得开心点,加先生,笑一笑
– Big smile, Mrs. Gagnon! – Say cheese.
媒体都爱死他们了
I couldn’t complain, because the press loved them…
报导愈多,公债就卖♥♥得愈好
…so they wrote more articles and people bought more bonds.
雷内和你♥爸♥继续巡回旅行
The tour went on with just Rene and your dad.
真正的英雄
And the true heroes
是在硫磺岛战役中从容就义
are the men who didn’t make it home from lwo Jima…
以及其它战役壮烈牺牲的士兵
…the men who died at lwo Jima and in other campaigns.
我们请大家购买♥♥战争公债
We ask that you honor the memory of those men…
帮助我们打赢这场战争
…by buying the war bonds and helping us to win this war.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
我们一直旅行,我以为永无止境
City after city, I thought the damn thing would never end.
后来谣传那张照片是刻意安排
And this rumor kept going around that the photograph had been staged.
你♥爸♥说他倒希望知道有人在拍照
Your dad told them he wished he’d known he was having his picture taken…
因为他就可以闪到镜头外面
…because he would’ve ducked the hell out of it.
那是谁的点子?你的吗?
Was this your idea? Whose idea was it? Who wanted to stage the thing?
照片经过安排的谣言是真的吗?
Was there truth to the rumor that that picture was staged, Doc?
说呀,大夫
– Come on! Doc?
你能回答一下吗?
– Can you answer that?
当你♥爸♥中弹,当时一片混乱
I remember when your dad got shot. All hell was busting loose.
但是国内看到那张照片
People back home saw that picture…
都以为攻下山头,战争就结束了
…and thought it was over when we took Suribachi.
我们也这么希望
We wished.
可惜,我们被敌人困住
Anyways, we’re pinned down.
迫击炮,大炮,机关枪
Mortars, shells, machine guns.
炮火来自四面八方
Fire coming from every which direction, right?
我们听到有人叫
And we hear somebody call,
“医护兵中弹”
“corpsman down.”
医护兵中弹!
Corpsman down!
他的咽喉在喷血
Blood was spurting out of his throat
大夫尽全力想救他
and Doc was doing everything he could.
医护兵看着大夫
And the Corpsman looks up at him…
他很清楚咽喉中弹的结果
…and he knows what this means, shot in the neck.
你看得出来,他知道他快死了
He knows he’s dying, you can see that.
但是…
But still,
他的眼神
in his eyes…
在哀求你♥爸♥能救他
…he’s pleading with Doc to save his life.
大夫救不了他
And Doc can’t.
你没事吧?大夫我没事
– You okay, Doc? – Yeah, I’m fine.
你没事才怪我没事
– Yeah, you look fine. – I’m okay.
趴下来,我去找担架
Keep down, all right? I’m gonna go get a stretcher.

Okay.
医护兵
Corpsman.
医护兵
Corpsman!
老天爷,医护兵
For God’s sake, corpsman.
医护兵?
Corpsman?
医护兵?
Corpsman.
炮弹来袭
Incoming!
让我看看
Let me see.
还好,你不会有事的
It’s not that bad, you’re gonna be okay. All right?
撑着点,看着我
Just stay with me. Look at me.
我们花了半小时才找到你♥爸♥
Took us a half-hour to find your dad.
他差点就流血致死
He could’ve bled to death.
放下来
Coming down.
是胸部外伤,压住伤口
We got a chest wound. Put pressure on it.
谢了
Thanks.
老兵总是说受伤也不会丢下弟兄
Vets will tell you about being hit but not wanting to leave their buddies.
通常他们都在说谎
Usually, they’re lying.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!