We shouldn’t have come tonight, but she was so anxious.
很抱歉 戴洛伊夫人
I’m so sorry, Lady Dalroy.
我觉得这次
I think it’s the most…
我拼命地不让家丑外扬
I’ve tried so hard to keep it within these walls, in my own house.
结果你今晚坚持要出去 现在全伦敦都知道了
Now, because you would go out tonight, the whole of London knows it.
我真想知道你脑袋里在想什么
If I could only get inside that brain of yours…
搞清楚你为何做这些疯狂的事
and understand what makes you do these crazy, twisted things.
你意思是说我疯了吗
Are you trying to tell me I’m insane?
我很想说服自己你没有疯
That’s what I’m trying not to tell myself.
但你认为我疯了 是吗
But that’s what you think, isn’t it?
你这几个月以来一直在暗示我 自从
That’s what you’ve been hinting and suggesting for months, ever since…
-自从什么 -自从我弄丢了你送我的首饰
-Since what? -Since the day I lost your broach.
对 一切就是从那时侯开始
Yes, that’s when it all began.
不对 在那之前就开始了
No, it began before that.
搬进来的第一天 我发现那封信的时侯
The first day here, when I found that letter.
-什么信 -我在乐谱堆里找到的那封信
-What letter? -The one I found among the music…
一个姓鲍尔的男人寄来的
from that man called Bauer.
瑟吉斯·鲍尔 对 我想起来了
Sergis Bauer. Yes, I remember.
你说得对 就是从那时侯开始
Yes, you’re right. That’s when it began.
我还记得你站在那里说
I can see you still, standing there and saying:
你看这封信 但什么东西也没有
“Look, look at this letter,” and staring at nothing.
-什么 -你手里什么也没拿啊
-What? -You had nothing in your hand.
什么
What?
我哑口无言 但我当时不知道
I was staggered, but I didn’t know then…
为什么没说出来反而是好事
how much reason I had to be.
我不明白 为什么
-I don’t know. What reason?
当时我不知道你母亲的事
-I didn’t know then about your mother.
我母亲怎样
What about my mother?
你母亲发疯了
Your mother was mad.
葛瑞格利
Gregory.
你满周岁时 她死在精神病院
She died in an asylum when you were a year old.
你骗人
That’s not true.
我查过爱丽丝·奥奎斯的姊姊了
I’ve been making inquiries about Alice Alquist’s sister.
也找了替她诊治的医生谈过
I’ve talked to the doctor who attended her.
-你想见他吗 -不要
-Would you like to see him? -No.
他描述了她的症状给我听 你想听听看吗
He described her symptoms to me. Would you like to hear them?
刚开始是胡思乱想
It began with her imagining things,
听到怪声 脚步声 说话声
that she heard noises, footsteps, voices…
后来那些声音开始对她说话
and then the voices began to speak to her.
最后她失了心死在精神病院里
In the end, she died in an asylum with no brain at all.
不 求求你别再说了
No! Please stop.
或许你会明白你我之间的事了
Now perhaps you will understand a lot of things about yourself and me.
或许你会明白我为何不让你接见客人
Now perhaps you will understand why I cannot let you meet people.
他一定很失望
He must have been rather disappointed
还没机会跟你说话你就离席了
that you left before he could talk to you.

Who?
坐在我们后面的那个男人
The man who was sitting behind us.
-哪里 -今天晚上
-Where? -Tonight.
你执意要去是因为你早就知道他会出席
You only went because you knew he would be there.
你说什么 葛瑞格利 谁
What, Gregory? Who?
在伦敦塔向你点头示意的男人
The man who bowed to you that day at the Tower.
他是谁 你以前的男友 或许是曾经被你拒绝的人
Who is he, someone from the past? Someone you refused, perhaps?
我不认识他 不知道他是谁
I never met him. I have no idea who he is.
他是谁 他为何一直尾随我
Who is he? Why is he dogging my footsteps?
我不知道他是谁
I don’t know that he is.
-你说谎 你为何骗我 -我从来没有骗过你
-You lie. Why do you lie to me? -I never lie to you.
抱歉 我不应该说这种话
I’m sorry. I should not have said that.
我知道你没骗过我 我相信你
I know you never lie to me. I believe you.
你没有说谎 这比说谎更糟糕
You’re not lying. It’s worse than lying.
你太健忘了 你忘了他就像你忘记其他的事一样
You’ve forgotten. You’ve forgotten him as you forget everything.
但或许我擅自处理这件事 是我的不对
But perhaps I’m wrong to try to handle this myself.
应该要让专家来处理才对
The case is one for people who know about those things.
我们会有访客 但来访的时间很短
We shall have visitors, and shortly.
-医生吗 -两位
-A doctor? -Two.
应该找两位医生才够
I believe two is the required number.
是谁
Yes?
住♥宅♥出租
是你啊 警官
It’s you, Constable.
你好 先生
Good evening, sir.
这么冷还要夜巡 很烦人吧
-Nasty night to be out, isn’t it?
是啊 非常烦人
-Very nasty, sir, indeed.
他上哪儿去了
Where’d he go?
我走进巷子里没和他擦身而过
He didn’t get past me as I came through the alley.
我很确定他转进这里了 一定是雾太大你没看到他
He certainly turned in here. You must have missed him in the fog.
我没听到他经过的脚步声
I’d have heard his footsteps as he passed, Mr. Cameron.
他一定是走进后巷某栋房♥子了
He must’ve gone into the rear of one of these houses.
对 但是哪一栋 为了什么
Yes, but which? And why?
他会不会是进了自己的房♥子
Do you think he could have gone into his own house?
就算是这样 他也没犯法啊
If he did, sir, that’s not against the law.
对 但违背了常理
No, but it’s against common sense.
他何必走出自己的房♥子
Why should he walk out of his own house
然后又绕了大半圈
and all the way around the corner…
再走回自己的房♥子里
just to get back to where he started from?
但9号♥的大门是在前面
But the service entrance to Number 9 is out front.
9号♥并没有后门啊
There’s no way into Number 9 from back here.
-不然他是去了哪里 -5号♥是空屋
-Then where did he go? -Number 5 is empty.
但他进空屋做什么
But what would he want to go into an empty house for?
我不知道 威廉斯
I don’t know, Williams.
伊丽莎白
Elizabeth
伊丽莎白
Elizabeth
伊丽莎白
Elizabeth
伊丽莎白
Elizabeth
我来了 夫人
Just coming, ma’am.
什么事 夫人
What is it, ma’am?
-请你帮个忙 我好累 -好的 夫人
-I want you to help me. I’m so tired. -Yes, ma’am.
伊丽莎白 你有没有开煤气
Elizabeth, did you turn on the gas?
你刚才在楼下有没有开煤气
Did you turn on the gas anywhere downstairs just now?
没有啊 夫人 我整晚只待在厨房♥里
Why, no, ma’am. I’ve had it on in the kitchen all evening, that’s all.
刚才煤气灯光好像变弱了
I thought it went down in there, as if someone…
仿佛屋里有人开了煤气一样
had turned it on in some other part of the house.
屋里除了我就没别人了 南西还没有回来
There’s no one in the house but me, ma’am. Nancy’s not back yet.
但煤气是经由管线输送的
But the gas comes in pipes, ma’am.
可能有时侯输送的煤气比较多
And I expect they get more gas in the pipes at some times…
有时侯输送的煤气比较少吧
than they does at others.
对 应该是这样没错
Yes, I suppose that could explain it.
伊丽莎白 你有没有听见什么声音
-Elizabeth, do you hear anything?
听见什么声音 夫人
-Hear anything, ma’am?
-对 在楼上 你听 -听什么 夫人
-Yes. Up there. Listen. -Listen to what, ma’am?
那些声音 楼上有怪声
Those sounds. Those noises up there.
没有啊 夫人
No, ma’am.
真的有怪声 好像有人在走动
But there are sounds. Sounds like someone moving about.
伊丽莎白 请你仔细听
-Elizabeth, listen, please.
楼上没有怪声 夫人
-There are no noises up there, ma’am.
怎么可能有声音 整层楼都被封死了
How could there be? The whole floor is boarded up.
你也知道 不可能有人上得去
You know that as well as I do. No one can’t get in up there.
夫人 你只是在胡思乱想
You know, ma’am, you just imagine things.
后巷 空屋
威廉斯 请进 你来早了
Williams, come in. You’re early.
麻烦你再去倒一杯来
Get another cup, will you?
-请坐 别拘束 -谢谢你 先生
-Sit down. Make yourself comfortable. -Thank you, sir.
怎样
Well?
我不知道这是什么意思 但今天清晨三点左右
I don’t know what it means, but this morning around 3:00…
我站在桑顿广场的转角 仔细盯着左右两边
I was standing on the corner of Thornton Square, looking both ways-like…
突然我们跟踪的那个人出现了
and suddenly, who should I see turning up, but our friend again.
-应该是从巷道广场走出来 -然后呢
-Coming out of the mews, it looked like. -Yes?
他走过路灯底下时我仔细看了
I got a good look at him under the lamppost.
他好像忙了一整夜
I tell you, that man had been up to something.
忙什么
What?
我不确定他是在忙什么
I wouldn’t undertake to say what exactly…
但他看起来很狼狈
but he was kind of in a mess.
衣衫不整 领带拉向一侧
Clothes untidy, tie all on one side.
全身上下和脸上都是灰尘

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!