I think you’re wrong.
今天的饲料没平常那么多 快来吃啊 鸽子
There aren’t as many as usual here today. Come along, pigeons.
快来吃啊 麻雀 你说什么
Come along, sparrows. What did you say?
你说她不出门 好像不对吧
You seem to be wrong about her not going out.
真是稀奇了
How very surprising.
原来是你啊 夫人 我从来不知道你会出门
It’s you, ma’am. I never knew you’d gone out.
我想去散步 但好像会下雨
I went for a walk, but it looks as if it might rain…
-所以我回来拿雨伞 -好的 夫人
-so I thought I should have my umbrella. -Of course, ma’am.
若老爷回来问起你去哪里怎么办
Suppose the master comes back and asks where you’ve gone?
-就说我出去散步了 -你自己一个人吗 夫人
-Tell him I just went for a walk. -By yourself, ma’am?
-当然啰 有何不可 -若老爷问你去哪里呢
-Of course. Why not? -Suppose the master asks where?
就说我 就说我只是
Tell him I…Tell him I just…
你懂我的意思了吧
Now do you see what I mean?
每次都进进出出 最后又回去
Goes out, goes back, goes in.
好奇怪 真是怪哉
Odd. Definitely odd.
这户人家本来就很奇怪 那个女佣很不懂礼貌
It’s an odd household, too. That maidservant, most impertinent.
她口风很紧 什么也不告诉我
I can’t get a thing out of her. She won’t talk to me…
但若我是男人 她可就乐意了
though she would quick enough if I wore trousers.
她对管区员警就很热情
The way she carries on with that policeman on the beat.
真是不知羞耻
It’s scandalous!
好了 全都吃完了
There, that’s all there is.
飞走吧 鸽子 明天再来吃
Fly away, pigeons. More tomorrow.
真是的
Well!
报纸 谢谢你 先生 这份给你
Paper! Thank you, sir. There you are, sir.
新闻快报 特刊 快来看啊
Extra. Special. Special edition. Read all about it.
你来了啊 先生 要看报纸吗
Here you are, governor. Paper?
好的 谢谢你
Very good, sir. Thank you, sir.
苏格兰警场
把那份档案放回去 那早就结案了啦
Put that file back where you got it. I tell you, the case is dead.
我才不要白费力气书案重审
I’m not going to have it all dug up again for nothing.
听懂没 你无权翻阅那份档案
Do you understand? You had no right to go through that file.
-巴吉无权让你调阅那份档案 -对不起 将军
-Budge had no right to let you get at it. -Sorry, General.
-卡麦隆先生是你的助理 -那他就应该协助我啊
-Mr. Cameron is your assistant… -Then it’s his job to assist me…
而不是去翻十年前的书案 自己没头没脑地去调查
not go digging into 10-year-old cases on wild suspicions of his own.
-好了 巴吉 你先下去吧 -好的 将军
-Now then, Budge, you get along. -Very good, General.
你为何对这件案子感兴趣
What’s your interest in this case, anyway?
这件案子是家喻户晓
It was rather a famous case…
当年令我印象深刻
and it impressed me very much at the time.
而且
Besides…
我曾经见过爱丽丝·奥奎斯
I once met Alice Alquist. I was taken to hear her…
我12岁时曾经去听她的演出
at a command performance when I was 12 years old…
后来还和她面对面交谈
and afterwards to meet her in the artists’ room.
听似可笑 但我仍然认定
It sounds silly, but I still think she was the most beautiful woman…
她是我见过最美的女人 一直忘不了她
I ever saw, and I’ve never forgotten her.
-现在 -你看到长得跟她很像的人了
-And now… -You’ve seen someone who looks like her.
-住在同一栋房♥子里 -这不是理所当然吗
-Living in the same house. -Why shouldn’t she?
若是她的外甥女 那栋房♥子可能归于她的名下
If she’s the niece, the house probably belongs to her.
就算你想认识那位美女
And if you’re trying to meet a pretty woman…
也无权假公济私啊
you’ve no right to use official business as an excuse.
不是这样的 先生
It’s not that, sir.
但我有预感
But I tell you, sir, I have a feeling
这件事没那么简单
there’s something peculiar going on there.
或许有不为人知的隐情
Perhaps even more than peculiar.
布莱恩 这件案子已经被判定是无头公案了
Look here, Brian, once and for all, the case was given up as hopeless.
至于珠宝的事
As for the matter of the jewels, that was dropped by order…
是重要人物下令撤查
of a most important personage.
珠宝
Jewels?
档案里没提到珠宝的事
There’s nothing here about jewels.
有几件珠宝
There were some jewels. They were given to her…
是位高权重的人送给她的
by somebody very highly placed.
他的几件皇冠珠宝
Some of the crown jewels of his…
-其实是另一个国家的啦 -那些珠宝怎么了
-Of another country, as a matter of fact. -What happened to them?
-不见了 -这就是她遇害的原因
-They disappeared. -That’s why she was murdered.
那是官方说法
That was the official theory.
但我不知道凶手为何想要那些珠宝
Though what the murderer wanted the jewels for I can’t imagine.
那些珠宝太有名了 他根本无法转手卖♥♥掉
They were too famous for him to be able to sell them.
-后来就没再出现过了吗 -据我所知是没有
-Have they never shown up since? -Not as far as I know.
那到底流落何方
Well then, where are they?
不知道 凶案部分是查办到底
I don’t know. The murder part of the case was pursued to the utmost…
档案写得很清楚
as you can see for yourself from that file.
找不到嫌犯
There was never any case against anyone.
每次追查嫌犯都是胎死腹中
There were the usual blind-alley suspects.
每个嫌犯的姓名都有记录
You’ve read all their names there in that stuff.
对每个嫌犯都无法罪证确凿
And there was never anything to prove against any of them.
你走吧 我约了人 我很忙
Now run along, there’s a good fellow. I’m busy.
好吧 先生
Very well, sir.
再见 先生
Good day, sir.
-午安 卡麦隆先生 -威廉斯
-Afternoon, Mr. Cameron. -Williams.
威廉斯
Williams.
-你找我吗 先生 -是的
-Did you want me, sir? -Yes.
告诉我 你还未婚吧
Tell me, you’re not a married man, are you?
是的 先生
No, sir.
-你目前在哪里值勤 -在东区 先生
-Where are you on duty now? -Down in the East End, sir.
想不想去一个更时髦的地方
How would you like a more fashionable locality?
-当然好啊 先生 -我再来安排看看
-I’d like it very much, sir. -We’ll see what can be done about it.
暂时先不要告诉任何人
Don’t say anything to anybody for the moment.
宝拉 若想在火堆里加煤炭
If you want coal on the fire, Paula,
你就直接拉铃叫女佣来吧
why don’t you ring for the maid?
对不起 我不是故意要吵醒你
I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to wake you.
继续睡吧 亲爱的
Go back to sleep, dear.
不用了 宝拉
No, Paula.
既然你吵醒我了 我们就应该要好好享受
Now that you have wakened me, we might as well be comfortable.
-拉铃叫女佣来 -我自己来就可以了
-Ring for the maid. -I can put it on myself.
这件事我们已经讨论过了
We’ve had this subject out before.
请你拉铃吧
Please, pull the bell cord.
没这个必要啊
It seems so unnecessary.
不然又何必请佣人呢
What do you suppose the servants are for?
回答我 何必请佣人呢
Answer me. What do you suppose the servants are for?
应该是请他们来做事和服侍吧
To do things. To serve us, I suppose.
没错
Exactly.
我只是觉得应该多替他们设想
It’s only that I think we should consider them a little.
别和我唱反调嘛
Don’t be cross with me.
我没有和你唱反调
I’m not cross with you.
有很多事
There are a lot of things…
-你找我吗 老爷 -不是 是夫人拉了铃
-Did you ring, sir? -No. Your mistress rang.
说吧 告诉南西你有什么事
Go on. Why don’t you tell Nancy what you rang for?
请你在火堆里加点煤炭 南西
-A little coal on the fire, please, Nancy.
好的 夫人
-Very good, madam.
你今天下午很漂亮 你知道吗
You’re looking very pretty this afternoon, do you know that?
我不知道 老爷
I don’t know it at all, sir, I’m sure.
-你今晚休息吧 -是的 老爷
-Tonight is your night out, isn’t it? -That’s right, sir.
你今晚要见什么人 顺便点亮煤气灯吧 南西
Whom are you meeting tonight? You might light the gas, too, Nancy.
我发现辖区的员警换人了
I see they’ve changed the policeman on the beat.
你也伤了他的心吗
Is his heart going to be added to the list of those you’ve broken?
-我没有伤过任何人的心 -我才不相信你呢
-I didn’t know I’d broken any, sir. -I’m sure that’s not true.
你的脸色
And that complexion of yours…
根本也没这回事
that’s something that’s not quite true, either.
我觉得你是巧妙地掩饰了
You do it very cleverly, I grant you.
我不知道你愿不愿意
In fact, I was wondering whether you might not care…
和夫人分享一些你的秘密
to pass some of your secrets on to your mistress…
让她的脸上多点血色
and help her get rid of her pallor.
好啊 我很乐意帮忙
Sure. I’d be very pleased to do anything I can, sir.
-没别的事了吧 -是的 茶点准备好再叫我
-Will that be all you’re wanting? -Yes, except tea when it’s ready.
好的 老爷
Very good, sir.
你怎么能那样对南西说话
How can you talk to Nancy like that?
你好像很想平等地对待下人
You seem so anxious to regard the servants as your equals.
我想对待她像平常人一样
I thought I would treat her as one. Besides,
而且我只是在和她闲话家常
I was only trifling with her.
你这样鼓励她 难怪她会瞧不起我
No wonder that girl despises me, the way you encourage her.
瞧不起你 你为何会这么想
Despises you? Whatever makes you think that?
她态度不好啊
Her whole manner!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!