-午安 -午安 夫人
-Good afternoon. -Good afternoon, ma’am.
真高兴看到你再次踏出门外
It’s nice to see you getting out again.
-要去哪里 夫人 -去伦敦塔
-Where to, ma’am? -The Tower of London.
好的 夫人 就去伦敦塔
Very good, ma’am. The Tower of London it is.
夫人怎么了 我不觉得她生病了啊
What’s the matter with the mistress? She don’t look ill to me. Is she?
不知道 我看不出来她有生病
I don’t know. Not as I can see.
但老爷一直说她生病了
But the master keeps telling her she is.
各位 这是刽子手的斧头
Here, ladies and gentlemen, we have the ax of the headsman…
这就是断头台
and the execution block.
这些都是当初留下来的格雷郡主
These are the originals with which such historic persons
和凯萨琳皇后等
as Lady Jane Grey…
几位历史名人都是在这里斩首
and Queen Catherine Howard was beheaded within these precincts.
受刑人要跪着把头放上断头台
The victim, kneeling, laid his head upon the block…
脖子伸进中♥央♥的小洞里
fitted his neck into the small, hollowed-out space…
设计上原本就是这样 然后斧头就掉下来
designed to receive it, whereupon the ax descended…
一刀就把头从躯体上斩断
severing the head from the torso with one blow…
若不幸失手就要再来一次
or in unlucky cases, two.
右手边是著名的肢刑台模型
Moving to our right, we have a model of the famous rack…
用来拉扯肢体拷问犯人的工具
the instrument of torture upon which prisoners were stretched…
四肢经常都会被扯断
their limbs being frequently torn from their sockets…
为了要犯人招供 不顾是非
in an effort to extract a confession from them, true or false.
-宝拉 -在这里
-Paula? -Yes.
原来你在这里 我才在想你怎么了呢
There you are. I wondered what had become of you.
里面好狭窄 去外面晒太阳吧
It was so close in there. Let’s go out into the sunshine.
我们要去看拷问室吗
Are we going to see the torture chamber?
当然啰 应该就在这附近
Certainly. I think it’s right over here.
布莱恩叔叔 怎么了 你好像见鬼了 一样
Uncle Brian, what’s the matter? You look as if you’ve seen a ghost.
我就是觉得自己见鬼了
That’s exactly what I thought I’d seen.
这世上根本没有鬼
There’s no such thing as a ghost.
我知道 我意思是我好像看到一个已经死去的人
I know. I meant I just thought I saw someone I know is dead.
我不知道他是谁 他好像认识我
I have no idea who he is. He seemed to know me and…
你通常会对陌生人示意吗
Do you usually bow to people you don’t know?
没有 我以为在哪儿见过他
No. I supposed I’d met him somewhere.
-你没骗我吧 -当然没有 我何必骗你
-Are you telling me the truth? -Of course. Why should I lie?
我不知道他是谁
-I don’t know who he is.
但你还是对他微笑 为什么
-Yet you smiled at him. Why?
我说过了 我没在思考
I tell you, I wasn’t thinking.
我不知道自己为何那样做
I don’t know why I did it.
就像别的事一样
Like the other things.
-什么别的事 -没什么
-What other things? -Nothing.
宝拉 我只是发现
Only I’ve been noticing, Paula, that…
-你最近很健忘 -健忘
-you’ve been forgetful lately. -Forgetful?
经常丢三落四
Losing things and…
别担心了 这又没什么
Don’t look so worried, Paula. It’s nothing.
-你只是累了 -对 可能就是这样 我累了
-You get tired and… -Yes, that’s probably what it is. I get tired.
我累了 能不能回家去
I’m tired now. Can’t we go home?
不行 我们还要去看皇冠珠宝
No, we still have the crown jewels to see.
-就在那栋建筑物里面 -你怎么知道
-They’re in that building over there. -How do you know?
你说什么
What did you say?
你怎么知道珠宝在那里面 你以前又没来过这里
How do you know where they are? You haven’t been here before.
刚才导游告诉我们了
The guide told us inside.
你除了健忘以外还变得疑神疑鬼吗 宝拉
Are you becoming suspicious as well as absent-minded, Paula?
没这回事 葛瑞格利
No, of course not, Gregory.
威尔斯王子的皇冠
皇冠钻石 又名为光之山
The Kohinoor or “Mountain of Light.”
这是全世界最名贵的钻石
It’s the most famous diamond in the world.
皇室之首的皇冠
“The imperial state crown…
-就是那个 -我知道
-That’s that one. -Yes, I know.
专为维多利亚女王即位加冕而订制的
“…was made for the coronation of Queen Victoria.
其中包含黑王子的红宝石
“Among the jewels it contains are the ruby of the Black Prince…
和鸡蛋差不多的大小 斯图亚特蓝宝石
“the size of a hen’s egg, the Stuart sapphire…
是詹姆士二世逃往法国时
“which was among the jewels…
随身携带的珠宝之一
“James II took with him when he fled to France…
还有伊丽莎白女王耳环上的钻石和珍珠
“and the diamonds and pearls from the earrings of Queen Elizabeth.”
珠宝实在是太美了
Jewels are wonderful things.
珠宝也有生命
They have a life of their own.
葛瑞格利 我们能不能回家
Gregory, can’t we go home now?
好啊 我送你回家
Of course, my dear. I’ll take you home.
那是夫人的房♥间 那是老爷的房♥间
That’s the mistress’s room. That’s the master’s.
这些事我们都要做好 你有没有拿床单
We’ve got all this to see to. Have you got the sheets there?
我发誓不只这些 但是
I could have sworn that there were more than that, but…
-楼上是什么 -别管楼上了
-What’s up there? -Never mind about up there.
-整层楼都被封了起来 -为什么
-The whole floor’s been boarded off. -Why?
这是老爷的吩咐
That’s the way the master wanted it.
你说得对
You were right.
阳光下的伦敦最美了
There is nothing more beautiful than London in sunshine.
很抱歉我这么早就要你回家 毁了你一整天的行程
I’m sorry I spoiled the day by bringing you home so soon.
你应该躺下来休息一下 宝拉
You should lie down and rest for a little, Paula.
今晚要我陪着你别出去吗
Should I stay with you and not go out this evening?
不用了 你还是去上班吧
No. You go and work as usual.
你真的可以在租来的房♥间办公吗
Can you really work in that room you rented?
真希望你能带我去看 替你摆设得舒适一点
I wish you’d let me see it and make it attractive.
我工作时不会注意周遭环境
I never notice my surroundings when I’m working.
宝拉 把你那个首饰给我 我好拿去请人修理
You might give me your broach so I can have it repaired.
怎么了 有什么不对吗
What’s the matter? Anything wrong?
我找不到了
I can’t find it.
什么
What?
我们在伦敦塔时 我弄丢了
I missed it when we were in the Tower.
我要把皮包翻出来找
I must turn everything out.
我确定放在里面 真搞不懂
I know it was here. I can’t understand it.
我不可能弄丢啊 一定在里面
I couldn’t have lost it. It must be here.
我确定在皮包里
I’m sure it’s there.
没有啊
It’s not.
宝拉 我不是告诉过你了吗 你一定会弄丢的
Paula, didn’t I tell you? How did you come to lose it?
一定是我拿东西时不小心掉了
I must have pulled it out with something, I suppose.
-我很抱歉 请你原谅我 -原谅
-I’m terribly sorry. Please forgive me. -Forgive, my dear?
没那么严重啦 又不值几个钱
It’s not as serious as that. It’s not valuable.
那是你送我的礼物 你♥妈♥的♥遗物 我要永远戴着
Your present to me, your mother’s broach. I wanted to wear it always.
我不记得有打开皮包 一定是我忘记了
I don’t remember opening my bag. I suppose I must have.
你真的有放进去吗
You did put it in there?
你连这件事都不记得
Don’t you even remember that?
我当然记得
Yes, of course, I do.
但我突然开始不相信自己的记性了
But suddenly, I am beginning not to trust my memory at all.
你只是累了而已
Paula, I tell you, you’re just tired, that’s all.
我觉得没理由会弄丢啊
It doesn’t mean anything. I’m sure it doesn’t.
放心吧 宝拉 别再担心了
Don’t worry so, Paula. Don’t worry.
南西 老爷出门了吗
-Nancy, has the master left?
是的 刚出门没多久
-Yes, ma’am. A little while ago.
记得在他房♥里的壁炉加点煤炭
Please see that he has plenty of coal on the fire in his room.
你已经吩咐过了 夫人
You already told me that, ma’am.
南西 你有把煤气调高吗
Nancy, did you turn the gas up in there?
调高 没有啊 怎么了
Turn it up? No, why?
我以为是你把煤气调高 这里的灯光才变弱了
I thought it went down in here, as if you had.
-我没碰啊 -但灯光变弱了
-I never touched it. -But this went down.
可能是伊丽莎白在厨房♥多点了一盏灯吧
Perhaps Elizabeth lit another jet in the kitchen.
不可能是她 她一个小时前就睡了
Couldn’t have been her. She’s been in bed for an hour.
我还听见她的鼾声呢
I could hear her snoring.
这就奇怪了
That’s odd.
-晚安 南西 -晚安 夫人
-Good night, Nancy. -Good night, ma’am.
-对 就是那里 -你说什么
-Yes, that’s it. -I beg your pardon?
我说就是那里 那就是奥奎斯的宅邸
I said that’s it. That’s the Alquist house.
命案发生在楼上的会客厅里 就是那扇窗户
It happened in the drawing room, upstairs. That window.
我住在广场的对面 我是史威兹小姐
I live just across the square. My name is Thwaites, Miss Thwaites.
-你好 -你好
-How do you do? -How do you do?
或许你可以告诉我 这户人家住很久了吗
Perhaps you could tell me, has the house been occupied long?
大约四五个月了 快来吃啊
About four or five months now. Come along.
你该不会碰巧认识屋主吧
You don’t happen to know who’s living in the house, do you?
一对外籍的安东夫妇 屋里神秘兮兮的
Yes. A foreign couple. Anton’s the name. Something mysterious there.
-怎样神秘兮兮的 -从来没有访客
-What do you mean, mysterious? -Never have visitors…
也不出门 至少她不出门
never go out anywhere. At least, she doesn’t.
你好像搞错了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!