You’ve got very persuasive friends.
你的朋友很擅于说服别人
My brother has had Gracchus arrested.
我弟弟已经逮捕了格瑞克斯
We daren’t wait any longer. We must leave tonight.
我们不能再等下去了 今晚一定得离开
Proximo will come at midnight and take you to the gate.
普罗西莫半夜会来把你带到大门口
Your servant, Cicero, will be waiting there with horses.
你的仆人 西斯洛 会带着马在那边等你
You have done all this? Yes.
你一个人安排这一切的吗 是
You risk too much.
你太冒险了
I have much to pay for.
我有太多的债要还
You have nothing to pay for.
你并没有亏欠任何人
You love your son. You’re strong for him.
你爱你的儿子 为了他 你变得十分坚强
I am tired of being strong.
我已经厌倦了
My brother hates all the world, and you most of all.
我弟弟憎恨全世界 尤其是你
Because your father chose me. No.
因为你父亲选了我 不
Because my father loved you.
因为我父亲爱你
And because I loved you.
而我也爱你
A long time ago.
很久以前的事了
Was I very different then?
我变了很多吗
You laughed more.
你以前比较爱笑
I have felt alone all my life,
我一直都觉得很寂寞
except with you.
除了跟你一起时
I must go.
我要走了
Yes.
是的
There.
那里
And I got you.
我赢了
Isn’t it late to be playing legionnaire?
现在玩士兵打仗不会晚了点吗
I’m not a legionnaire.
我不是士兵
Not a legionnaire? I’m a gladiator.
不是士兵 我是角斗士
A gladiator?
角斗士
Gladiators only fight in the games.
角斗士只在竞技场里打斗
Wouldrt you rather be a great Roman warrior like Julius Caesar?
难道你不想像朱利叶斯·凯撒那样当一名出色的罗马战士
I’m Maximus, the savior of Rome!
我是马西墨斯 罗马的救世主
The savior of Rome?
罗马的救世主
And who said that?
是谁说的
Where’s Lucius?
卢修斯在哪里
He’s with the Emperor, my lady.
他和皇帝在一起 夫人
She couldn’t. Yes, she did.
她不可能那样做 不 是真的
She took it from a basket,
她在篮中拿出来
and pressed it to her breast, right here above her heart.
她从篮子里拿出来 把它放在胸口 就在她心脏的正上方
It bit her in the breast? Yes.
它咬在她的胸口上 是的
You see, Lucius, sometimes royal ladies
你知道吗 卢修斯 有时候那些皇室的小姐们
behave very strangely and do very odd things in the name of love.
为了爱可以做出一些非常奇怪的事来
I think it’s silly. So do I.
我觉得这样做很愚蠢 我也这么想
So do I.
我也这么想
Sister, join us.
姐姐 过来加入我们
I’ve been reading to dear Lucius.
我在念故事给卢修斯听
I’ve been reading, too. Yes.
我也在读 没错
He’s a very clever little boy. He’ll make a grand emperor one day.
他是个非常机灵的小男孩 总有一天他会成为了不起的皇帝的
We’ve been reading about the great Mark Antony,
我们在读伟大的安东尼
and his adventures in Egypt.
和他在埃及的冒险
And the queen killed herself with a snake.
还有皇后用蛇自杀的故事
And just wait until you hear what happened to our ancestors.
我还没告诉你发生在我们祖先身上的故事
If you’re very good,
如果你很乖的话
tomorrow night, I’ll tell you the story of Emperor Claudius.
明晚 我会给你讲克劳迪亚斯皇帝的故事
He was betrayed
他身边最亲近的人
by those closest to him.
背叛了他
By his own blood.
他的亲人
They whispered in dark corners
他们在黑暗的角落里商议
and went out late at night,
并且在半夜偷偷出去
and conspired, and conspired.
共同密谋
But the Emperor Claudius knew that they were up to something.
但皇帝知道他们在策划阴谋
He knew they were busy little bees.
他知道象小蜜蜂一样忙碌
And one night, he sat down with one of them,
有天晚上 他和其中一人谈话
and he looked at her,
他看着她
and he said,
然后说
“Tell me what you’ve been doing,”
“告诉我你们的计划”
“busy little bee.”
“忙碌的小蜜蜂”
“Or I shall strike down those dearest to you.”
“不然我会杀死你最亲的人”
“You shall watch as I bathe in their blood.”
“你会看到我身上沾满他们的鲜血”
And the Emperor was heartbroken.
而皇帝的心都碎了
The little bee had wounded him more deeply
小蜜蜂对他的伤害
than anyone else could ever have done.
比任何人都要深
What do you think happened then, Lucius?
卢修斯 你认为接下来会发生什么事
I don’t know, Uncle.
我不知道 舅舅
The little bee told him everything.
小蜜蜂告诉了他所有的事
Open, in the name of the Emperor!
开闸 皇上有令
Proximo!
普罗西莫
Open the gates, in the name of the Emperor!
开门 我们是奉皇帝的命令来的
Proximo!
普罗西莫
Open the gates!
开门
Open the gates, Proximo.
快开门 普罗西莫
Do you want to die, old man?
老头 你想找死吗
Here.
拿去
Everything is prepared.
一切准备好了
It seems you have won your freedom.
看来你赢得你的自♥由♥了
Proximo, are you in danger of becoming a good man?
普罗西莫 当个好人是否会替你惹上麻烦
Juba. All enemies of the Emperor die!
裘巴 反抗皇帝的人都得死
Open the gates!
开门
Pull!
用力拉
Move! Form a column on the left!
冲 两队人去左边
I only need moments, so do not be careless with your lives.
我只需要机会脱身 千万别做无谓的牺牲
If you don’t want any part of this, go back to your cells.
不想被卷入这事的 就回到囚室里去
We’ll wait here for you, Maximus.
我们会留在这里帮你 马西墨斯
Strength and honor. Strength and honor.
勇气和荣誉 勇气和荣誉
Go.
去吧
Strength and honor.
勇气和荣誉
Aim. Arch your bows!
瞄准 拉弓
Shadows and dust.
一切终归尘土
Maximus!
马西墨斯
I’m sorry.
对不起
It’s done.
事情都解决了
And what of my nephew?
该如何处治我的外甥
And what of his mother?
还有他的母亲
Should they share her lover’s fate?
他们应该面对和她爱人相同的命运吗
Or should I be merciful?
还是我应该网开一面
Commodus the Merciful.
仁慈的康莫德斯
Lucius will stay with me now.
从现在起卢修斯由我照顾
And if his mother
如果他母亲
so much as looks at me
用令我不快的眼神看着我
in a manner that displeases me,
用令我不快的态度对我
he will die.
他就会死
If she decides to be noble,
如果她想抵死不从
and takes her own life,
或者想自杀的话
he will die.
他会死
And as for you,
至于你
you will love me,
你会爱我
as I have loved you.
就像我爱你一样
You will provide me with an heir of pure blood,
你会帮我生育下一代血统纯正的继承人
so that Commodus
那么康莫德斯
and his progeny will rule for 1,000 years.
和他的子孙将世世代代统治罗马
Am I not merciful?
我不够仁慈吗
Am I not merciful!
我不够仁慈吗
Maximus! Maximus! Maximus! Maximus! Maximus! Maximus!
马西墨斯 马西墨斯 马西墨斯 马西墨斯 马西墨斯 马西墨斯
I’m a soldier. I obey.
我是军人 我职责是服从
Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear.
没人可以逼你做你不愿意的事
Maximus.
马西墨斯
They call for you.
他们在为你欢呼
The general who became a slave.
一个沦为奴隶的将军
The slave who became a gladiator.
一个变成角斗士的奴隶
The gladiator who defied an emperor.
一个挑战皇帝的角斗士
A striking story.
一个震撼人心的故事

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!