锻炼 我知道我应该锻炼
Exercise. I know I should,
但我却不太享受这一过程
but I don’t particularly enjoy it,
我舍不得在上面花时间
I begrudge the time
并且好像也从没取得过太大进步
and I never seem to make much progress.
所以我想要弄明白
So I wanted to find out
我应该做什么 做多少以及为何这么做
what I should be doing, how much and why.
如果你像我一样认为锻炼只是
If, like me, you thought exercise was just about
花几个小时在街上跑跑步
pounding the streets
在健身房♥打打拳击就完了
or hitting the gym for hours on end,
那就准备大吃一惊吧
then prepare to be amazed.
使劲 加油 使劲 加油
Push, push, push, push!
我一直在与一些科学家打交道
I’ve been meeting scientists
他们希望改变我们对锻炼的看法
who are changing our view of exercise.
加油 迈克尔 你可以的
Come on, Michael! Come on! You can do it!
他们发现我们
They’ve discovered that we all
对于锻炼的反应大不相同
respond to exercise in very different ways…
这些人的反应特别显著 继续骑
These guys here are super responders. Keep driving!
我还看了一些卓越的新研究
..And I’ve looked at some extraordinary new research
有研究指出我们只要
which suggests we can get many of
每周花三分钟锻炼就可以从中获得许多好处
the health benefits of exercise from just three minutes a week.
三 二 一 你完成了
Three, two, one, and that’s you done.
完美
Perfect.
这绝对与我之前在医学院学到的
It goes against absolutely everything I was taught
以及后来读到的知识完全不同
at medical school and everything I have read since.
还有研究告诉我们 如何不用流汗
And research is also showing us how, without breaking a sweat,
也能够活得更加健康长久
we can all live healthier and longer lives.
减少了三分之一
That’s a reduction of a third.
你的血液中脂肪含量减少了
You’ve got about a third
大概三分之一
less fat going round in your bloodstream.
锻炼的真♥相♥
The truth about exercise
比我想象的要离奇得多
has turned out to be a whole lot stranger than I had imagined.
实验室的研究结果
Research coming out of
正挑战着长久以来关于锻炼的观点
the laboratories is challenging long-held beliefs.
它改变了我的生活方式
It has altered the way I live my life,
也可能会改变你的
and it may alter the way you live yours.
地平线 锻炼的真♥相♥
首先我要一游虎穴
I’m going to start by putting myself in the lion’s den,
看看我能从这些
to see what I can learn
挑战身体极限的人们身上学到些什么
from people who really push their bodies to the limit.
这里是拉夫堡大学
This is Loughborough University.
这是优秀奥林匹克运动员的摇篮
It is the training ground for many of our Olympic hopefuls.
迈克尔·莫斯利
这些优秀的年轻运动员们
It is incredibly impressive, but also rather intimidating,
实在让人印象深刻而又心生敬畏
seeing all these super fit young men and women here.
我来这儿见威尔·沙曼 他的目标是
I’ve come to meet Will Sharman, who’s aiming for a medal
在2012年伦敦奥♥运♥会的
in the 110m hurdles
110米跨栏比赛中夺得奖牌
at London 2012.
过去的两届世界锦标赛
I’ve been just outside the medals
我都无缘奖牌
in the past two World Championships
现在是时候去争夺奖牌了
and it’s about time I get myself into the medals.
威尔·沙曼
在大家的欢呼鼓励中去夺取
With the crowd cheering you on?
是的 我会很受鼓舞
Yeah, it should help a lot.
你觉得锻炼是一件开心的事吗
Do you find the actual exercise itself enjoyable?
在我的训练过程中
There are some things within my training components
有些事是很辛苦的 训练时不怎么喜欢
that are gruelling, and I don’t enjoy them at the time.
-那很糟糕 -比如说
– It’s horrible. – Such as?
比如说腿部产生乳酸的话
Such as when you have lactic acid in your legs,
会很疼
it’s really painful.
当我在进行一项较难的跑步训练时
When I’m doing a difficult running session
我的肺部就感觉像在燃烧
and it feels like my lungs are on fire
因为我不能很轻松地呼吸
because I can’t breathe very easily.
我不能及时获得足够的氧气
I can’t get enough oxygen in in time.
训练时这些都很痛苦 但我那么做
These things aren’t nice at the time, but I do them
是因为它们能够助我实现目标
because they’re a vehicle towards what I’m trying to achieve.
你目前每周训练30小时
You’re doing currently 30 hours training a week
而我现在每周根本不锻炼
and I’m doing currently no hours of training a week.
所以这会很有趣
So it’ll be interesting…
你愿意和我进行一场小小的比赛吗
Do you fancy a little race?
好啊 来吧
OK, let’s do it.
你得温柔一点 我好久没跑了
You’ll have to go gently, I haven’t done this for a long time.
摄影团队准备录下我们这史诗级的比赛
As the camera crew set up to film our epic contest,
需要时间在跑道旁放置小型摄像机
and having only had time to place this small trackside camera,
而威尔和我齐头并进
Will and I prepared for our head-to-head
这本应只是热身运动
with what was meant to be a warm-up.
但仅仅跑了三步后 我就拉伤了肌肉
But after just three paces, I pulled a muscle.
突然一下就这样了
And then suddenly it went ping.
你看我刚才就很放松
What I was doing was taking it easy
因为这只是赛前准备
because it was just a practice.
我正在热身
I was warming up into it,
而你却一开始就非常卖♥♥力
whereas you really went for it on the first go
因为你不想输给我
because you didn’t want to lose to me,
这是很好的 因为你具有竞争精神
which is quite good that you’ve got that fighting spirit in you,
但此时却不太恰当
but not good in the sense
因为你的身体还没有准备好
that you weren’t ready to do that physically.
这是锻炼的第一个真♥相♥
That’s the first truth about exercise.
如果准备不充分 你很容易弄伤自己
You can easily hurt yourself if you’re not prepared.
三 二 一 开始 跳
Three, two, one, go, jump.
像威尔这样的职业运动员
The difference between a Ferrari like Will
和我这样的运动菜鸟之间不仅仅是训练的差别
and a hatchback like myself is not just down to training.
你做的功大概是5500到6000瓦特
You are about 5,500 to 6,000 watts.
比我这样的人要强壮三倍
Three times more powerful than someone like myself.
我能否也达到这种程度呢
Could I ever achieve figures like that?
这与
Well, it depends a lot
理查德·弗格森博士
拉夫堡大学
你父母和你自己的基因有很大关系
on your parents’ genes and your genes.
-简单的回答就是 不能 -好吧
– Short answer is probably not. – OK.
如果我想拥有六块腹肌
If I want a six pack…
如果我想拥有六块腹肌 我要做些什么
If I want a six pack, what do I have to do?
你已经有一块腹肌了 我觉得你只是藏着它
You’ve got one already. I think you’re just hiding it.
你要做的第一件事也许就是去揭开它
The first thing you need to do perhaps is just reveal it.
-我不太想 -你的运动量
– I think probably not. – The amount of exercise you’re doing
也会反映在你的体脂上
will reflect upon how much body fat you’re carrying as well.
你有六块腹肌吗
Have you got a six pack?
-有啊 一直有 -我能看看吗
– Indeed. Always. – Can I see?
-你想看吗 -我想看
– You want to see? – I want to see.
不得了
yes, there you go.
威尔的体脂大概在4%到5%之间
So Will’s probably got about 4% to 5% body fat.
这很低了
It’s quite low, yeah.
大多数人都很现实
Most of us are realistic enough to know
知道自己所追求的不是金牌
we’re not going to be going for gold
或是像威尔这样的身材
or getting a body like Will’s.
但我们真的想让自己更结实
But we do want to firm up
使腰线稍微美观一点
and make some progress on the waistline.
人们锻炼的一个主要原因
One of the main reasons that people decide to do exercise
是他们认为这有助于减轻体重
is because they think it’s going to help them lose weight.
如今 浅显得看 这很有道理
Now, at a simple level, that makes complete sense.
燃烧卡路里 体重降低
Burn the calories, the weight drops off.
但是事实真的就这么简单吗
But is it really as simple as that?
所以今天早上 我们将要
So this morning, what we’re going to do
-让你在跑道上做一些锻炼 -好的
– is get you to do some exercise around the track… – Yep.
基斯·托福瑞博士
拉夫堡大学
我们这里有一个便携呼吸设备
..And we’ve got a portable respiratory device here.
运动生理学家基斯·托福瑞博士
Exercise physiologist Dr Keith Tolfrey
将要展示一个不那么让人舒服的真♥相♥
is about to demonstrate an uncomfortable truth
即锻炼和减重之间的关系
about the relationship between exercise and weight loss.
所以你们将要测量
So you’re going to be measuring the
我吸入氧气和呼出二氧化碳的量吗
amount of oxygen and carbon dioxide that I exhale?
它会收集一个小样本
It collects a small sample
并计算出氧气和二氧化碳的浓度
and works out the concentrations of oxygen and carbon dioxide.
通过观察这两者之间的比率
If we look at the ratio between those two,
我们就能估计你消耗了多少脂肪和碳水化合物

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!