You know, she had that same look of agony on her face,
你知道吗 她脸上痛苦的表情
just like mother.
就像母亲的一样
The same one mother had, you know?
看起来跟母亲当时一样痛苦
Yeah. You bore witness to it.
是啊 你当时也都看到的
Excruciating,
饱受折磨
awful waiting.
痛苦的等待死亡的到来
She was struggling to die.
她当时已经没有活下去的念头了
Yeah, well, it’s not living, you know.
是啊 那不是人过得日子
No. It’s not being alive.
是啊 那已经不是活着了
You know, they started doing this in Europe already,
知道吗 欧洲已经开始这么做了
but not here.
但我们这里还没有
Really? Yeah.
是吗 是啊
Holland. Holland.
荷兰那边 荷兰
Never here.
而不是这里
Way too puritanical here.
这里的人都太刻板了
I don’t know why I didn’t think of this sooner.
我不知道怎么我没早点想到这点
I was limiting myself.
我以前也一直在劝服自己
It’ll be your own field of specialty, Jack.
你在那个领域会大有作为的 杰克
You’re gonna need some business cards, you know?
你得准备些名片 知道吗
We’ll be swinging singles again,
我们又回归单身汉时的自♥由♥了
Just like when we were in our prime.
就跟年轻时一样
Remember those two nurses we were dating?
还记得跟我们约会的那两个护士吗
Two nurses?
两个护士
Oh, that was me, not you. Scratch that.
哦 算了 那是我不是你
You know, you could grab a box, jack.
帮我拿一个箱子 杰克
It wouldn’t hurt you. Well, I’ll get the door
不会闪到你腰的 我先开门
then I’ll– I’ll come back out.
然后再回来拿
Yeah, the best thing about living in my storage room–
住在我这个储藏室最棒的就是
Ain’t bad–
还不错
it’s a short commute.
上班方便多了
ain’t bad.
真不错
You left your varsity jacket,
你落下了大学夹克衫
Your grandmother’s afghan and your nose hair clippers.
你奶奶的阿富汗毛毯还有你的鼻毛剪
That’s the last time I’m cleaning up after you,
这可是我最后一次帮你擦屁♥股♥
Neal Nicol.
尼尔 尼克尔
Hi, jack.
你好 杰克
I remember her being much happier at your wedding.
我记得你们刚结婚时可比现在愉快多了
Cut.
切牌
Ante up. Yes, dear.
我跟 我也跟
I’m in.

Oh, by the way, Neal, Mazel Tov.
对了 尼尔 恭喜你
You’re gonna be an ex here soon. How’s it feel?
你们都要离婚了 感觉如何
Like losing 138 lbs without having to diet.
如释重负 像减了138磅还不用节食
Obitiatry, Stan.
安乐死 斯坦
The doctoring of death.
用药物帮助病人从痛苦中解脱
What, in suicide clinics?
什么 让我去”自杀”诊所
Really? I’m a doctor.
你确定 我可是医生
You want me exiled to boca raton?
你想我被流放到波卡拉顿
Come on.Come on. Planned death is gaining acceptance
听我说 安乐死正逐步被全世界接受
all over the world. Why not here?
在这里为什么不行
Can we, for christ’s sakes, just play cards, please?
我的天 你们能不能安心打牌
Because you can’t put those decisions in the hands of patients. Jack
因为你不能让病人做这个决定 杰克
Well, whose hands are we gonna put ’em in?
那要让谁决定
Doctoring’s a healing profession. I can’t even–
医生职业是救死扶伤 我不能
Doctoring’s a death profession too.
医生也能用药物帮病人”摆脱痛苦”
Medicine, medicide.
药物能救人 也能帮人”解脱”
Cards, Stan?
我手气太差了 斯坦
Uh, three.
就剩三个人了
That’s 10 in a row. That’s 10 in a row he folds.
那足有十张 他一下丢了十张牌
You know you’re allowed to bluff once in a while.
你可别虚张声势
I don’t bluff.
我没有虚张声势
The guy is a study in pure non-fiction.
这家伙肯定学不会这种把戏的
Let him alone. Yeah.
让他一边呆着吧 也对
You know I love you, Jack,
我喜欢你 杰克
but most of your colleagues think you’re a nut.
但大多数同事都觉得你是个疯子
Remember they used to call you the “Screwball pathologist”?
还记得他们以前叫你”疯子病理学家”吗
Would you save me the schpilkes
你能不能放弃那些疯狂的想法
and stay retired for crying out loud?
乖乖享受退休生活
I’m not retired.
我还没退休
Retired means one is no longer occupied
退休是指不再
with one’s profession.
干自己的老本行
I may be unemployed, but I am occupied.
虽然现在没人雇我 但我还在干这行
Eight. King high. It’s yours.
八 大王 到你了
And it’s your deal.
你来
I know it.
我不行
What? My my hands are greasy.
什么 我的手很油腻
With what?
粘了什么东西
I have pizza fingers.
我手刚拿过批萨
Pizza fingers? You ever hear of them?
拿过批萨饼 快点出牌了
At the Oak Hill care center in Farmington Hills
法明顿山的橡树山医疗中心里
where David Rivlin, a 38-year old quadriplegic
有一位四肢瘫痪的病人 叫大卫 李福林
who’s been confined here for three years,
今年38岁 已经在那里度过三年
has asked to be taken off of life support.
他要求关掉自己的生命支持系统
The Michigan courts have yet to make a decision.
密歇根法♥院♥尚未对此作出裁决
Mr. Rivlin, who sustained a spinal cord injury
20年前 李福林先生徒手冲浪时
during a body-surfing accident almost 20 years ago,
因事故受伤导致脊柱受损
tried desperately to live on his own
20年来 他一直坚持独♥立♥生活
until the cost of live-in aides became too much for him.
直至无力支付家庭护理师的高昂费用
The state would only offer Rivlin–
当地政♥府♥只为李福林提供了
Yeah? Turn on channel 7.
喂 换到7频道
No, I’m– I’m watching Sylvester.
不 我在看傻大猫动画片呢
Hurry up. It’s the one where he chases the frog.
快点 就是他追青蛙的那集
Do it now. Why?
现在就换 为什么
You see this man? He’s being kept alive against his wishes.
你看那个人 他请求”解脱”未果
Oh, yeah. Oh, margo.
不错 玛格
Margo. Yeah?
玛格 怎么了
Look what we got here.
你看我找到了什么
A veritable gold mine. Here, look.
一堆有用的 快看
Oh, excuse me. I’m sorry. That’s all right.
哦 对不起 没关系
It’s a veritable plethora.
这里有很多好东西
Look at all this stuff. Yeah, it’s real metal.
你看看这些东西 恩 就是块金属板
These things too? Margo.
还有这些 玛格
What does this have to do with Mr. Rivlin?
这东西跟李福林先生有什么关系
What is that? Okay?
这是什么 还有这个
Whatever. That’s a motor.
随便你了 这是个马达
What else? I think
还要什么 我觉得
You want those bolts?
你要那些螺丝吗
Let’s take the whole shebang.
我们要把东西都备齐了
Okay. Okay, is this it?
没问题 好了 就这些吗
I’ll give you the whole thing for $15.
这些东西15块全卖♥♥给你
Uh-huh. How’s about $10?
是吗 10块怎么样
You know, this is what you do it for,
知道吗 我做这件事的原因
to be able to put your stamp on medical history.
是为了能在病历上盖上自己的印
A word to the wise:
明白人用不着细说
Be careful where you stamp it
盖章的时候要小心
cause that shit’ll kill you.
搞不好会给你招来麻烦
Thanks, Neal.
谢谢你 尼尔
“Groundbreaking. ”
开创性的
“Today we have some–
今天我们要
What we’re doing here today is groundbreaking.
我们今天要做的是开创性的
It will– it’s gr–”
这将会是开…
You know a better word for “Groundbreaking”?
能想到什么比”开创性”更恰当的词吗
Why don’t you try to relax, Jack?
你干吗不放轻松 杰克
I mean, he asked to see you, so you could make him understand.
他想见你 你就去跟他说明白而已
Oh, for god’s sakes. It’s just a demonstration.
看在上帝的份上 这只是个示范
So I should go in there and not say anything, baby?
那我去那边什么都不说吗
Is that better? I didn’t say that.
这更好吗 我不是这个意思
Just stand there, look at him and do a mime show?
我就站在那里看着他 然后搞哑剧吗
He wants to understand how you’re going
他只是想知道你要怎么
to help him end his life.
帮他从痛苦中解脱

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!