接下来你想让我做什么
What do you want me to do next?
我想让你走走路
I’d like you to go for a walk.
*The Proclaimers – I would walk 500 miles*
*And I would walk 500 more*
*Just to be the man*
*Who walked a thousand miles*
*To fall down at your door*
*When I’m walking…*
看到这些脂肪
Seeing all that fat sitting
浮游在我的血液之中实在令人不悦
floating around in my blood was unpleasant.
然而更让人不悦的是
What was even more unpleasant though was thinking about
想到这些脂肪的所到之地
where that fat was heading for.
几年之前我就发现 我就是所谓的TOFI
I discovered a few years ago that I am what’s called a TOFI,
外瘦里胖 我有许多内脏脂肪
Thin on the Outside, Fat Inside. I have a lot of visceral fat,
这种脂肪位于你的内脏器官之上
the sort of fat that lines your internal organs
这并不是好事
and that is not good.
当时在制♥作♥一部关于减重的电影
It was while making a film about weight loss
我在哈默史密斯医院做了核磁共振扫描
that I went for an MRI scan at Hammersmith Hospital
结果坏得让我吃惊
and got a nasty shock.
这里的脂肪 你身体里所有的白色部分
And the fat here, which is all the white inside you,
你可以清楚地看到这里
and you can clearly see here…
你的意思 基本上
What you’re saying, basically,
-是说我有大量不健康的 -体内脂肪
– is I have unhealthy large amounts of… – Internal fat
是的 我必须
Right. and this is something
针对这些脂肪做些什么
I really ought to be doing something about?
当然
Absolutely.
这有可能会引起二型糖尿病
These are related to the development of type II diabetes
以及胰岛素抗性 而这是你想要避免的
and insulin resistance which is something you want to avoid.
是的 我父亲就患有糖尿病
Yes. My father had diabetes.
-二型糖尿病 -是的
– Type II diabetes? – Yes.
正如我所说 这与脂肪含量
As I say, there’s a very direct correlation
-有直接的联♥系♥ -是的
– between the amount of fat. – Right.
大约一年 我进行了更多的锻炼
For about a year, I did more exercise in an attempt
希望能减少我的体内脂肪
to lose my visceral fat.
然后 当然 我败给了懒惰
Then, typically, I slipped back into sloth.
但是看到我血液里的脂肪后
But seeing that fat in my blood
锻炼之心又以一种报复脂肪的心理燃烧起来
has brought it home with a vengeance.
我对于锻炼真♥相♥的探索
My enquiry into the truth about exercise
有了非常强烈的个人目的
has become intensely personal.
好的 同样的餐馆
OK, same cafe,
和昨天同样的早餐
same meal as yesterday.
唯一真正的区别是昨晚
The only real difference is that last night
我走了很长的路
I went out for a long walk.
现在 昨晚的走路应该使我的身体
Now, that walk should have triggered in my body
产生了一种酶 它会转变
the production of an enzyme, which in turn should alter
我身体转化食物脂肪的方式
how my body processes the fat I’m about to eat.
让我们拭目以待吧
Let’s find out.
科学课堂第二节
Science lesson two.
*And I would walk 500 miles*
*And I would walk 500 more*
*Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles*
*To fall down at your door.*
和昨天一样
Just like yesterday,
吃完饭四小时之后 杰森抽取我的血样本
four hours after eating, Jason takes a sample of blood.
在旋转分离之后
After much spinning and separating,
试管展现在我的眼前
I’m presented with the tubes.
再一次 我们看到
So again, what we see here,
这是你吃饭前的血液 没有任何脂肪
this is before you had the meal. There’s not any fat in it.
-和昨天很像 -是的
– Very much like yesterday. – Yes.
-这是饭后的血液 -是的
– This is the one after the meal. – OK.
你可以清楚地看到
You can see quite clearly
今天的样本中脂肪含量明显减少
there’s substantially less fat in the sample today
在你进行了锻炼之后
after you’ve done the exercise,
比昨天要少
than yesterday when you
而你昨天没有锻炼 对比非常明显
didn’t do the exercise. So it’s quite stark.
完全不同 不是吗
Markedly different, isn’t it?
-准确数字是多少 -这里有数字
– What were the actual numbers? – We’ve got the numbers.
昨天是2.41
So yesterday you had numbers of 2.41.
今天下降到了1.66
They’ve dropped to 1.66.
-下降了三分之一 -没错
– That’s a reduction of a third. – Right.
你血液中的脂肪含量减少了三分之一
You have about a third less fat in your bloodstream.
附着在你血管壁上的
A third less fat interacting
脂肪减少了三分之一
with the walls of your blood vessels.
这意味着你真的降低了脂肪
That means you’ve substantially reduced your chance of these fatty deposits
沉积在你的血管壁上的可能性
building up on the walls of your blood vessels.
这是一种双赢
So it’s a double win situation.
你吸走了血液中的脂肪 同时
You’re sucking the fat out of your blood, but at the same time,
这些脂肪进入肌肉 大部分都被消耗掉
it’s dumped in the muscle where most of it is burnt off.
就是这样
Exactly.
而不是进入我的腹部 在那里产生危害
Rather than going into my gut and doing some bad things there.
正是如此
Exactly, yes.
步行会促使某些基因
The walking switched on genes
产生一种酶 即脂蛋白脂肪酶
that make an enzyme called lipoprotein lipase,
这是这种酶
and it was this that produced
使我血液中的脂肪含量下降了33%
the impressive 33% fall in the amount of fat in my blood.
问题是 为了得到这一结果
The trouble is, in order to produce that result,
我昨天必须辛苦地走上90分钟
I had to do 90 minutes of pretty hard walking yesterday,
我可以想象偶尔这么做
and I can imagine doing it occasionally,
但我几乎不可能总是如此
but nothing like as often as I probably need to do it.
我真正需要做的是
What I really need to do
发现一种有效的锻炼方式
is find a form of exercise which is effective,
这能够与我繁忙的家庭生活相适应
which I can fit into my busy family life,
并且我也能够想象
and which I can honestly imagine
我能在接下来的几十年里坚持下去
going on doing for the next few decades.
问题是 这种锻炼方式是什么
The question is – what?
我来到了诺丁汉大学
I’ve come to the University of Nottingham
这里是一项令人兴奋新研究的中心
which is at the centre of some really exciting new research
它能够改变我们对锻炼的看法
that could change the way we see exercise.
官方指导非常清楚
The Government guidelines are clear.
每周做150分钟的适度运动
150 minutes of moderate-intensity activity a week
或者75分钟剧烈运动
or 75 minutes of vigorous activity.
但是有一些科学家
But there are some scientists
他们认为我们实际上
who suggest that actually, what we should be doing
应该彻底重新思考我们所有的锻炼方式
is radically rethinking our whole approach to exercise
如果你能做到以上要求 很好
If you do those levels, great.
问题是 三分之二的人都做不到
The trouble is, two-thirds of us don’t.
杰明·蒂蒙斯教授
Professor Jamie Timmons is
是一个国际科学团体的一员
part of an international group of scientists
他正在寻找新方法 使每人都能坚持锻炼
looking for new ways to get everyone exercising.
那么 杰明 这些指导有什么问题
So, Jamie, what’s wrong with the guidelines?
最大的问题就是
The biggest problem with them
它们没有做到个人化
is really the fact that they’re not personalised.
这个方针是基于人们
The guidance is based on how the average person
对于锻炼的平均反应而言的
would respond to exercise,
杰明·蒂蒙斯教授
伯明翰大学
但我们知道有时候人们
but we’ve known for some time now that there’s a huge variation
对于锻炼的反应和获得的好处有很大区别
in how people actually respond and benefit from exercise,
所以没有什么能够保证
and so there’s actually no guarantee
这种锻炼计划能够为你带来好的效果
that recipe will give you the right results.
我不知道你怎么看
I don’t know about you,
但是我必须承认 我对这些地方充满了恐惧
but I must admit, these places absolutely fill me with horror.
我曾经来过
I used to come in,
我会疯狂地骑自行车
I would go madly cycling
在其中某一器材上锻炼一个小时左右
around on one of those for an hour or so.
我确实”感觉”好了一点
I’d kind of FEEL a bit better,
但我从没感觉真正瘦了多少
but I never seemed to actually get much fitter.
这是可能的吗
Is that possible?
是有可能
It is possible you’d be
你不能从中得到你想要的好处
getting not as many benefits as you might expect.
你一定认识一些人
You’ll certainly have people
他们没有瘦多少 也没有改善新陈代谢
which are not getting much fitter or improving their metabolism.
他们也许能通过锻炼获得其他健康好处
They may get some other health benefits,
或者社交利益
or social benefits from the exercise,
但是他们并不能实现所有对锻炼的期望
but they’ll not get everything they expect.
The Black Eyed Peas – Pump It
在一个持续四年的研究中

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!