你好黛比
Hi, Debbie.
我是西蒙
It’s Simon here.
我知道我们一起经历了很多风风雨雨
I know we’ve had our ups and downs,
但我真的很感谢你为我所做的一切
but I really do appreciate everything you’ve done for me.

Up!
我一直都特别幸运
I’ve been phenomenally lucky.
有一个充满爱的家
Such a loving family.
有这么多好朋友
So many wonderful friends.
我会想念这一切的
I will miss it all.
我们可能永远都不会知道
We will perhaps never know the full nature of
西蒙对生命和死亡的全部见解
Simon’s thoughts on life and death.
我想这些见解会和他本人一样
I suspect they were as complex
既有深度又不失风趣
and interesting as the man himself.
去年 西蒙·宾纳被诊断患有绝症
疾病对他的影响是残酷的
The toll that his disease took seems cruel.
我恨它
屈辱
无助
最重要的是 不像个男人
他决定实施安乐死
法律说得很清楚
The law is very clear.
这个国家不允许我们帮助别人结束他们的生命
In this country, we can’t help people end their lives.
反对安乐死
给我选择安乐死的权力
即使在最后一刻
Everybody can change mind,
人们都可以改变主意
right in the last moment.
我内心强烈地感觉到这样做是不对的
I feel so strongly inside that this isn’t the right thing to do.
他还是那么享受生活
He’s still really, really enjoying life.
他们劝我活下去
如果他去瑞士
If he goes to Switzerland,
就要有人为此付出代价
there is a price to be paid by other people
而他们可能会不乐意
and they may not be that happy to pay it.
他如何死这件事
How he dies is so important.
对我们的孩子
For our children,
对他的姐妹和母亲是很重要的
for his sisters, his mother.
此时的你也许认为这是结束
However final it might feel to you now,
但今天对于西蒙来说不是结束
today is not the last word for Simon.
如何面对死亡
西蒙的抉择
六月
这是我们温馨的小屋
This is our lovely room.
在山里日子感觉如何 西蒙
Have you enjoyed your day in the mountains, Simon?
不能说话是不是感觉很沮丧
Has it been frustrating, not being able to speak?
但你玩得还是很开心
But you had a nice time?
很好
Good.
今天是你第十四个结婚纪念日
You know, it’s your 14th wedding anniversary today.
对此你感觉如何
How does that make you feel?
祝黛比和西蒙结婚纪念日快乐
Happy anniversary to Debbie and Simon.
西蒙我拉近镜头了 我能很清楚地看到你
Simon, I’ve zoomed in, I can see you really well!
我们已经结婚十四年了
We’ve been married 14 years
我们在一起一直都很开心
and we’ve just had such fun together.
西蒙
Simon!
从某种程度来讲 他就像个小男孩
He’s like a little boy, in some ways!
但我喜欢他活力四射
But I like his energy.
我喜欢他在身边时 生命是如此生动的感觉
I like the fact life seems very alive when he’s there.
他让每一天都充满阳光 让生活多姿多彩
He just makes every day just brighter and puts colour in life.
六个月前 他被确诊得了运动神经元病
Six months ago, we got this diagnosis, motor neurone disease.
是绝症 只有半年到两年的时间了
Terminal illness. Between six months and two years.
他们没有任何能减缓发病
They can’t do anything at all to slow the illness down
或改变预后的方法
or to change the prognosis,
没有任何办法 一点都没有
there is nothing at all, nothing.
罗曼 罗曼 罗曼
Roman, Roman, Roman.
过来 我要给你看样东西
Come here, I have got something to show you.
你听见了吗 祖父要给你看样东西
Did you hear that? Grandad’s got something to show you.
你是个傻孩子
You are a silly boy.
-不 -你是个傻孩子
– No! – You are a silly boy.
我很酷
Top banana!
头儿 祝你开心
Top banana. Happy days.
头儿 祝你开心
Top banana, happy days!
头儿 祝你开心
Top banana, happy days!
对于我这样拥有非凡才智的人来说
This machine is slow and frustrating
这机器真是又慢又蠢
for a man of my immense intellect.
我是个拥有剑桥学历的聪明人
For a man of my immense intellect and Cambridge education,
尽管成绩平庸
even though I only got a third-class degree.
作为男人就该成绩平庸
Third-class degree is a gentleman’s degree
这样才能证明他对其他事物能保持热情
that shows healthy interest in other things.
说得没错
Exactly.
说得没错
Exactly.
西蒙他十分擅长沟通 非常风趣
For Simon, who’s a fantastic communicator, very amusing,
思维也很敏捷
very quick-witted,
于他而言 最糟糕的
if you could take something away from him
莫过于夺去他的声音
that would be the worst possible thing, it would be his voice.
讨厌的病
Dratted disease!
大家都对我说话而忽略了他
People talk to me and not to him.
我不想独占与人交流的机会
I don’t want to take over,
因此要在这和保护他之间寻求平衡
so it’s quite a difficult balance
是件很困难的事
between feeling quite protective,
我也知道我女儿汉娜也有这感觉
and I know my daughter Hannah does, as well.
大家总是说起你的北方口音
People always commented on your Northern accent,
这事之前我完全没注意到
it’s not something I really noticed at all.
也许是我压根就不在乎吧
but I probably just didn’t care.
也许是大多数时候都没认真听你说话
Or maybe I wasn’t listening most of the time!
2013年12月 圣诞节
Christmas, December 2013.
快亲我一口
Will you give me a little kissy now?
快亲我一口…
Just give me a little kiss…
好的 开始吧
OK, here we go.
这是什么
And what’s this one?
这是什么 它是怎么叫的
What’s this one? What noise does it make?
关于罗曼 我有个困扰
他越来越难理解我
这就在我和他之间
形成了障碍
这就太…
太可怕了…
因为我就没办法
用孩子的方式互动
这就是我儿子小时候 在利兹家里照的
That’s my little baby, at home in Leeds.
你看看他
There he is, now, that
从这照片就能看出他以后会什么样了 对吧
shows what he’s going to be like, doesn’t it?
爱笑的人
A laugh.
西蒙上学时只缺勤过两天 他从没生过病
Simon was only ever off school two days, he never got ill.
他生病真的让大家十分震惊
It’s come as a great shock to all of us, really.
有时候 我醒来时觉得十分绝望
Sometimes, I wake up and it’s absolutely dreadful
我在想 他醒来时发现
and I think, now, how much must he be waking up
又有样器官出现问题 会是什么样的心情
thinking that he’s got another thing that’s not working?
我无法形容出内心的沮丧
我的意思是…
I mean…
我会说四种语言
很快 我就会
完全失去语言能力
所以我只能做的
就是把要说的话写下来
让别人来替我说
曾几何时
Ever had a moment
你才会意识到
when you realise
自己是那么珍惜所拥有的一切
just how much you care about the things you own?
不行 不太像北方口音
说到早餐
When it comes to a cooked breakfast,
有些人会拿着在路上吃
some people pick and pack.
这个人太年轻了
减少一半的食物浪费
Reducing our food waste by half
和减少几千辆汽车
could have the same effect on CO2 emissions
在二氧化碳减排方面有相同的效果
as taking thousands of cars off the road.
这个声音好
苏特里配音
西蒙·诺克 男演员
酷 自然 爷们儿
Cool, natural, blokeish,
有口音 热情 流畅 醇厚 沙哑
Regional, warm, smooth, rich, gravelly…
就是他了
强势 有男子气
这就是我
我叫
西蒙
我叫西蒙·宾纳
My name is Simon Binner.
宾纳
我是个爱好交际的人 十分强势
I’m a very gregarious guy. An alpha male.
我的家庭充满爱
I have a loving family –
黛比 汉娜和她的孩子们
Debbie, Hannah and her children,
还有我杰出的女儿佐伊 她住在德国
and my brilliant daughter, Zoe, who lives in Germany.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!